Can The WNBA Be Improved Financially? Is this what you wanted.

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
It's still not enough!

The NCAA made one thing perfectly clear. You can fill a stadium with tens of thousands of people, sell sweatshirts and pennants to each and every one of them, broadcast your games all over North America, maybe with an expensive cable package, and you're still not going to make one red cent unless your players work for free.

WTF?

Who told you those things?

Bluelaser

Rising Star
Registered
The WNBA is marketed horribly. Ppl would watch if they advertised it better.

All the things that made the NBA popular (brawls, hard fouls, one on one battles, trash talk, etc), the WNBA needs to let happen.

The league is too feminist right now. They focus more on social issues than the actual games.

Shit, the UFC integrated women into MMA. I don't see why the NBA can't do something similar.

I Agree

TX4lyfe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That made the switch ! She's now married to a woman, Wife Anna Petrakova.
candace-parker-marriage.jpg

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
IMO it's a bullshit argument.

The Raiders just moved to Las Vegas because Oakland wouldn't build them a better stadium. It's NFL football was so financially strong how come the Raiders didn't just build one on their own dime? Furthermore, why isn't every commie activist in Las Vegas marching in the street over this blatant case of corporate welfare?

It's because the team isn't profitable. None of them are. And deep down everybody knows and accepts it

Why hasn't a Canadian hockey team won the Stanley Cup in over 20 years? Because Canada doesn't subsidize the teams the way the US does so when a superstar player wants to make more money they got to go south of the border to get it. The problem got so bad the NHL had to impose a salary cap to keep the league competitive.

Whatever your favorite sport is, when you see your favorite player signed a multi-million dollar contract remember they didn't get that money from the ticket sales, the merch, TV licensing. Most of that money came from your taxes.

The question shouldn't be why WNBA players make so little. Why the hell is everybody else making so much?

I don't know what you are talking about and I don't think you know either....

RealGM Wiretap

NFL Teams Earned $345M Apiece In National Revenue In 2021

JUL 15, 2022 8:17 AM

All 32 NFL teams earned $345 million apiece in national revenue during the 2021 season, which includes equally shared media, sponsorship and licensing. The figure excludes shared away gate revenue.

As recently as 2015, the figure was $223 million. The per team total is expected to comfortably go past $400 million when the next round of media contracts begin in 2023.

The Denver Broncos recently sold for $4.65 billion, signaling the current value of the league.

Rembrandt

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The WNBA is marketed horribly. Ppl would watch if they advertised it better.

All the things that made the NBA popular (brawls, hard fouls, one on one battles, trash talk, etc), the WNBA needs to let happen.

The league is too feminist right now. They focus more on social issues than the actual games.

Shit, the UFC integrated women into MMA. I don't see why the NBA can't do something similar.
one of the dumbest takes I've ever seen.

Rembrandt

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They have to continue to do what they're doing and be soild. incorporate more nex gen marketing via tik tok and social media. Clips that are exciting. women love the fashion show before and after the game for NBA, emphasize that for WNBA. The next tv contract is going to be larger because live sports is the last bastion of tv. Include and get more ESPN and Fox Sports debate shows in it. send the women on the shows more. They can cut some repetitive Cowboys segments for sure. The failure would be trying to get it all at once. Get more camp kids in there in the early summer months.

tebriel69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Gimme this all day though.
Far more entertaining.

That was way more entertaining. And it ain’t just the tna cuz most of em seemed slim and flat. But them hits tho. Damn. I think they need more pads if they hitting like that. Didn’t this league fold tho?

trstar

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
IMO it's a bullshit argument.

The Raiders just moved to Las Vegas because Oakland wouldn't build them a better stadium. It's NFL football was so financially strong how come the Raiders didn't just build one on their own dime? Furthermore, why isn't every commie activist in Las Vegas marching in the street over this blatant case of corporate welfare?

It's because the team isn't profitable. None of them are. And deep down everybody knows and accepts it

Why hasn't a Canadian hockey team won the Stanley Cup in over 20 years? Because Canada doesn't subsidize the teams the way the US does so when a superstar player wants to make more money they got to go south of the border to get it. The problem got so bad the NHL had to impose a salary cap to keep the league competitive.

Whatever your favorite sport is, when you see your favorite player signed a multi-million dollar contract remember they didn't get that money from the ticket sales, the merch, TV licensing. Most of that money came from your taxes.

The question shouldn't be why WNBA players make so little. Why the hell is everybody else making so much?
I wonder how Baseball is paying some dude $200m when it’s not popping like it used to

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered

RealGM Wiretap

All 32 NFL teams earned $345 million apiece in national revenue during the 2021 season, which includes equally shared media, sponsorship and licensing. The figure excludes shared away gate revenue.

As recently as 2015, the figure was $223 million. The per team total is expected to comfortably go past $400 million when the next round of media contracts begin in 2023.

The Denver Broncos recently sold for $4.65 billion, signaling the current value of the league.

He doesnt have a clue.

Adroit

Rising Star
Registered
Until they start getting better looking women, get more sexually appealing uniforms, and/or find some way to create drama/beef among players, their popularity will always be where it's been. Aint nobody tuning in to watch women for their athletic ability.
Also, the argument that they(or the soccer players) do the same job as men is illogical. They don't do the same job as men because......they don't play against men.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's still not enough!

The NCAA made one thing perfectly clear. You can fill a stadium with tens of thousands of people, sell sweatshirts and pennants to each and every one of them, broadcast your games all over North America, maybe with an expensive cable package, and you're still not going to make one red cent unless your players work for free.

College fans are cheering for college teams that they have allegiance too whether they went there it’s their home state.

There’s no allegiance to WNBA teams and the college fans don’t follow the players to their pro teams and that’s the problem.

jasonblacc

Rising Star
Registered
I watch from time to time

I have daughters that play sports so I try and fake interest in women sports more

gymnastics/softball/basketball

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor

RealGM Wiretap

Revenue isn't the same as profit

ghoststrike

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Until they start getting better looking women, get more sexually appealing uniforms, and/or find some way to create drama/beef among players, their popularity will always be where it's been. Aint nobody tuning in to watch women for their athletic ability.
Also, the argument that they(or the soccer players) do the same job as men is illogical. They don't do the same job as men because......they don't play against men.

The alphabet org over selling the openly whatever platform for the WNBA and shocked at the LOW interest. Might as well replace their uniforms with rolled up overalls at this point, while heading further into obscurity, blaming straight men for their downward spiral of low ratings and non-interest.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
The alphabet org over selling the openly whatever platform for the WNBA and shocked at the LOW interest. Might as well replace their uniforms with rolled up overalls at this point, while heading further into obscurity, blaming straight men for their downward spiral of low ratings and non-interest.

And that's the problem. You can't shame somebody into liking a form of entertainment. Especially when they're watching it on their own TV in their own house.

Personally I don't like basketball that much. It doesn't matter who's playing. Gay men, straight woman, dogs, cats, fleas, or rats.

younggiftedandblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They need to make the product more attractive to basketball fans. I'm not talking about the players, but the gameplay. It's boring, too low scoring and often time too slow. The NBA attracts fans because it's exciting and entertaining to watch.

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
one of the dumbest takes I've ever seen.
Dude, look who you are talking to a fucken midget who can't even see what's
WNBA Player Layshia Clarendon Blames Black Men For The WNBA's failures

This shit is as dumb as a gay man blaming their gay club failures on black straight men, due to us not supporting and going to their establishment.

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
At the end of the day, it's all about them feeling entitled to be on the same level as someone who is lightyears above them. Can you imagine these gays and dykes and people who think like them, ever going to what Christians call heaven, they'd be spending eternity marching on the clouds protesting God for putting them on the planet without a dick!
In other words, this is misplaced anger that should be directed at God not black men who have nothing to do with the fact that they were born dickless!

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Start playing in lingerie, then I'd watch.. Lol
actually you wouldn't....most dudes didn't watch lingerie football when it was on.

tumblr_n7lpf87I0v1qhkbk8o1_400.gifv

Y1lHG.gif

pq-j9T.gif

those girls played hard...hit hard...aired the ball out....went on long runs...AND had ass cheeks OUT and you know how many dudes tuned in?? DAMN NEAR NONE!!

Everything you claim to want to see...and STILL ignore it.

so thats not the answer.

Last edited:

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just curious as to why there are multiple posts about a sport supposedly no one wants to see. Either watch it or don't.

For the rest, why do y'all care if it's making money or not? It ain't taking money out of y'all pockets, nor is it affecting the NBA product as far as I'm aware.

So what's the issue?

If some homegirls found some way to make any money playing a sport they love more power to them.

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Just curious as to why there are multiple posts about a sport supposedly no one wants to see. Either watch it or don't.

For the rest, why do y'all care if it's making money or not? It ain't taking money out of y'all pockets, nor is it affecting the NBA product as far as I'm aware.

So what's the issue?

If some homegirls found some way to make any money playing a sport they love more power to them.
Because the WNBA doesn't make money, it is actually supplemented by the NBA and their earnings, and yet those same dykes have the nerve to turn around and blame the same men that are funding their league and blame them for not wanting to watch that shit.
It would be like straight male strippers and models expecting female strippers and models to supplement their pay due to low demand for their services!
The last check demanding equal pay regardless of the quality of work sounds awfully like a country I know, just can't remember its name...
:puzzled:
Oh yeah, now I remember, Russia. Here's a quick solution that should work, why don't they stop bitching and take their services over there and see how that works out for them.

1200x0.jpg

Oh yeah, my bad, I almost forgot!

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
I wonder how Baseball is paying some dude $200m when it’s not popping like it used to
Several reasons.

First, yes, baseball is not as popular as it used to be, but its still very popular. Black folk have backed off of baseball, not white and Hispanics.

Which leads to a big problem the WNBA has, the MLB knows and recognizes who their audience is and who they are targeting. The WNBA doesn't know who to target and has not established a core audience.

Baseball game attendance during the early part of the season is nothing compared to late season. They smack. There are places like Dayton, OH where the minor league game sells out EVERY game. 1385 straight sold out games.

Most importantly, the advertising dollars are there. You can not force advertisers to spend money on a promotions vehicle that has little to no value. And again, the advertisers have to be to know who's going to be targeted when my spot runs.

Last edited:

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
How is fucking RUSSIA able to pay our women more money. Why is Russia interested in watching bla k chicks from America play basketball.
Ask yourself why is america one of the only countries not so interested in soccer yet around the world futbol is the number 1 sport.. sometimes people like what they like.. adidas been king out the country but here in the states Nike is king..it’s just be that way sometimes

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Because the WNBA doesn't make money, it is actually supplemented by the NBA and their earnings, and yet those same dykes have the nerve to turn around and blame the same men that are funding their league and blame them for not wanting to watch that shit.
It would be like straight male strippers and models expecting female strippers and models to supplement their pay due to low demand for their services!
The last check demanding equal pay regardless of the quality of work sounds awfully like a country I know, just can't remember its name...
:puzzled:
Oh yeah, now I remember, Russia. Here's a quick solution that should work, why don't they stop bitching and take their services over there and see how that works out for them.

1200x0.jpg

Oh yeah, my bad, I almost forgot!
Again the reality is it is not affecting the NBA. Plus, I don't think y'all realize that WNBA losing money is probably good for the owners because it's one big tax write off. Even losing the owners are winning.

Why you give a fuck what the Dyke brigade is saying? It's pretty easy to tune them out if you really want to.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
actually you wouldn't....most dudes didn't watch lingerie football when it was on.

tumblr_n7lpf87I0v1qhkbk8o1_400.gifv

Y1lHG.gif

pq-j9T.gif

those girls played hard...hit hard...aired the ball out....went on long runs...AND had ass cheeks OUT and you know how many dudes tuned in?? DAMN NEAR NONE!!

Everything you claim to want to see...and STILL ignore it.

so thats not the answer.
No one knew when this shit aired what channel it was on what part of the yr was their season going.. their promotion and info sucked on just informing the basics.. nigs would’ve streamed, watched on tv, etc if they knew the basics..hell even watched YouTube highlights

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Several reasons.

First, yes, baseball is not as popular as it used to be, but its still very popular. Black folk have backed off of baseball, not white and Hispanics.

Which leads to a big problem the WNBA has, the MLB knows and recognizes who their audience is and who they are targeting. The WNBA doesn't know who to target and has not established a core audience.

Baseball game attendance during the early part of the season is nothing compared to late season. They smack. There are places like Dayton, OH where the minor league game sells out EVERY game. 1385 straight sold out games.

Most importantly, the advertising dollars are there. You can not force advertisers to spend money on a promotions vehicle that has little to no value. And again, the advertisers have to be to know who's going to be targeted when my spot runs.
For context, there's been a lot complaints about the lack of pay for minor league baseball players. A lot the arguments about their lack of pay are similar to what you hear from the WNBA.

crazyace718

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
@Gazoo the women have a flawed argument. They think because they play the same sport and are on tv that their numbers should to in the same realm of the men.

That's false. They never mention or take into account how money the men being in.

Lastly, you can't ask these Neanderthals on this board about women's sports. These niggas just learned how to use forks and if the women ain't in bikinis, they don't wanna see them! :roflmao:

What is this fork that you speak of?

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Again the reality is it is not affecting the NBA. Plus, I don't think y'all realize that WNBA losing money is probably good for the owners because it's one big tax write off. Even losing the owners are winning.

Why you give a fuck what the Dyke brigade is saying? It's pretty easy to tune them out if you really want to.
You mean why do we bother giving our opinions and 2cents on the train wreck a.k.a. as the WNBA? Because this is the fucking internet and this is what people do. Everybody can get it, especially if you put yourself out there and say some of the dumb things some of those WNBA women are saying.
Also, it's a knock on the gay community who on one hand say things like there is no gender, but then turns around and names their league the WNBA while banning all men from playing in it.
Funny the NBA isn't called the MNBA nor is there any rules forbidding women to play in it, so in actuality going by the standards created by the LGBLT on rye community, which basketball league is all-inclusive, and which league who is the one using gender to filter out would-be players?
If you still cannot connect the dots, I am calling them dykes bullshitters, and their whole thought process flawed, so don't shoot the messenger, especially if my message is correct!