Comic Book Movie News: James Gunn joins DC Studios as co-chair of film & TV UPDATE: NEW DCU PHASE 1 Gods & Monsters

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Ang Lee hulk might lowkey the most comic book accurate on screen hulk in terms of feats anyway

I don't know if I agree all the way but I defend Ang Lee version all the time

The cinematography, scene transition, editing, and Bana were all excellent. And his version of the Hulk character was great.

Still not a GOOD movie but I always appreciated the effort.

heavyhand

International
International Member
I don't know if I agree all the way but I defend Ang Lee version all the time

The cinematography, scene transition, editing, and Bana were all excellent. And his version of the Hulk character was great.

Still not a GOOD movie but I always appreciated the effort.

I'm partial to the ed Norton version myself they got the "wild animal" aspect of the hulk right in that movie

Some of the things I liked in the Ang Lee movie
*shown on screen that he can cover 4 miles with every jump.
*can lift at least 100 tons
*100 immune to bullets
* Gets bigger and stronger the angrier he gets

Can run over 200 mph

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I'm partial to the ed Norton version myself they got the "wild animal" aspect of the hulk right in that movie

Some of the things I liked in the Ang Lee movie
*shown on screen that he can cover 4 miles with every jump.
*can lift at least 100 tons
*100 immune to bullets
* Gets bigger and stronger the angrier he gets

Can run over 200 mph

Oh you a real comic book fan. You really focused on the character representation and adaptation on screen. Respect.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

james-gunn-dc-marvel.png

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
I’m gonna call it TODAY!!!

Disney will purchase the DC Properties, most likely around 2030.

James Gunn knows what Disney/Kevin Feige’s plans are going out for the next 10+ years with Marvel.

He was sent to DC to set the stage for the acquisition.

Warner Bros. has owned the DC property since the late 1960s and basically have done absolutely nothing with it.

Disney has done more with Marvel that blows away DC.

And now with the recent merger of WB/Discovery, Discovery has a reputation of putting out cheap content and getting massive return profits.

DC property does not fit in their business plan.

We will wait and see….. :cool:

James Gunn Says A DC/Marvel Crossover “Is More Likely Now” That He’s In Charge

By Bruce Haring
April 6, 2023 7:38pm

It’s a fevered dream among superhero fans. And while a DC-Marvel movie crossover is not happening soon, it certainly is on the table, at least according to writer/director/executive James Gunn, who has worked in both camps.

The comic books have already seen the characters in dual adventures, dating as far back as the 1970s. Spider-Man has teamed with Superman and Batman, The Hulk has battled Batman, and even the Silver Surfer has met Superman. Not to mention the Avengers and Justice League of America team-ups.

Such a long tradition seems ripe for filmdom’s exploitation.

Gunn, who now heads DC Studios with Peter Safran, allowed that it’s not far-fetched to see those sort of team-ups become films – some day.

In their latest issue, Empire quoted Gunn take on the matches as a definite maybe. “I’m certain that’s more likely now that I’m in charge [at DC],” Gunn told the magazine, “Who knows?” However, “That’s many years away, though. I think we have to establish what we’re doing [at DC] first. I would be lying to say that we haven’t discussed it. But all discussions have been very, very light and fun.”

Gunn’s last Marvel project commitment, Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3, opens in theaters on May 5.

James-Gunn-DC-Marvel.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

James Gunn knows what Disney/Kevin Feige’s plans are going out for the next 10+ years with Marvel.

Warner Bros. has owned the DC property since the late 1960s and basically have done absolutely nothing with it.

And now with the recent merger of WB/Discovery, Discovery has a reputation of putting out cheap content and getting massive return profits.

By Bruce Haring

It’s a fevered dream among superhero fans. And while a DC-Marvel movie crossover is not happening soon, it certainly is on the table, at least according to writer/director/executive James Gunn, who has worked in both camps.

The comic books have already seen the characters in dual adventures, dating as far back as the 1970s. Spider-Man has teamed with Superman and Batman, The Hulk has battled Batman, and even the Silver Surfer has met Superman. Not to mention the Avengers and Justice League of America team-ups.

Gunn, who now heads DC Studios with Peter Safran, allowed that it’s not far-fetched to see those sort of team-ups become films – some day.

In their latest issue, Empire quoted Gunn take on the matches as a definite maybe. “I’m certain that’s more likely now that I’m in charge [at DC],” Gunn told the magazine, “Who knows?” However, “That’s many years away, though. I think we have to establish what we’re doing [at DC] first. I would be lying to say that we haven’t discussed it. But all discussions have been very, very light and fun.”

Gunn’s last Marvel project commitment, Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3, opens in theaters on May 5.

James-Gunn-DC-Marvel.jpg

bookmarked

mrcmd187

Controversy Creates Cash
BGOL Investor

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

By Bruce Haring

James-Gunn-DC-Marvel.jpg

Okay this didn't age well.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Okay this didn't age well.

I said 2030.

Not tomorrow.

2030 is seven years away.

That gives James Gunn plenty of time to put out what material is needed to ease the transition for Disney to acquire the DC property.

And it gives Disney enough time to set up what they need to acquire the property.

Be patient my friend…..

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I said 2030.

Not tomorrow.

2030 is seven years away.

That gives James Gunn plenty of time to put out what material is needed to ease the transition for Disney to acquire the DC property.

And it gives Disney enough time to set up what they need to acquire the property.

Be patient my friend…..

bookmarked

Bro your batting average on this is mad high BUT...

IF your right about this one?

And I'm alive?

Steak dinner on me.

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
Ang Lee hulk might lowkey the most comic book accurate on screen hulk in terms of feats anyway
Nah , ang lee.got.it backwards hulk gets stronger as he gets angrier not bigger. He starts out 7 for 6 then he gets mad untill he's 14 ft tall wtf was that about? Ang Lee hulk was good story wise but everything else like special effects was a no. Incredible hulk was better.

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered

By Bruce Haring

James-Gunn-DC-Marvel.jpg
God nigga I swear it like you ha have ajob shining mickeys shoes or some shit. Come off it already.