Discussion: Falcon and The Winter Soldier UPDATE: Captain America 4 Brave New World NEW TRAILER!!!

stizz3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
185711384_3748626808520142_1252254941363176566_n.jpg

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
Why does Baron Zemo think super soldiers cannot be allowed to exist?

Remember what Vision said on the issue in Civil War?

main-qimg-065929834a98dcbbc11373e8ad3cb77a

In the eight years since Mr. Stark announced himself as Iron Man, the number of known Enhanced persons has grown exponentially and, during the same period, the number of potentially world-ending events has risen at a commensurate rate… Our very strength invites challenge. Challenge incites conflict and conflict… breeds catastrophe.
This is essentially what Zemo was fighting against.

And if you want it from the horse’s mouth, this is what he said:
The desire to become a superhuman cannot be separated from supremacist ideals. Anyone with that Serum is inherently on that path. [Karli] will not stop, [Karli] will escalate until you kill her. Or she kills you.
And if you need any further confirmation on the matter, look no further than what Dr. Erskine himself had to say about it:
The serum amplifies everything that is inside. So, good becomes great. Bad becomes worse.
So, why does Baron Zemo believe that super soldiers shouldn’t exist?

It’s because they’re human beings with superhuman abilities. You can’t blindly trust that they wouldn’t abuse their power for whatever goal or desire they see fit to achieve.

Human beings are possibly the most easily corruptible species on Earth. The Avengers were by definition superhuman and, while they did protect the Earth from several world-ending threats, they all needed to take responsibility for whatever things happened under their watch.

main-qimg-590c7c44949df66cfc2627b7c99f5dc0

When Bucky turns it around (extremely validly) and says that the Serum never corrupted Steve, Zemo agrees, but turns that notion on its head and rhetorically questions “But, there’s never been another Steve Rogers, has there?”

Steve Rogers was an exception. He proved from his first appearance that he was a paragon of virtue, always standing right back up to do the right thing, even if it cost him his life.

Just because he inspired others to follow his example doesn’t mean that other people would possess that same quality.

And, if by divine intervention, Zemo is proven right with this exhibition:

main-qimg-1ec1a4ce99142e711ac4729a3f3ba75a

A superhuman like Steve would never have given in to his base senses and cold-bloodedly murder a man in broad daylight, no matter how severe his past transgressions.

But a man like John Walker would, because he’s human.

Not to mention his personal stake in this; Zemo’s family was killed during the midst of a battle between a murderous super-bot and a group of superhumans.

If you were him, why wouldn’t you believe they shouldn’t exist?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

you know?

I would not be surprised if this is one of the many injustices heaped on black soldiers by their own country that inspired the Falcon & Winter Solider story line from last season.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor

What have you noticed in Marvel movies that most people have not?

Remember the girl Bucky had a date with in Episode 1 of The Falcon and the Winter Soldier? Her name is Leah, and I think she has a bigger future role than anyone else is guessing.

main-qimg-4bce81ae99e4048a659512795dc26d51

On her date with Bucky, she playfully told Bucky that she was trying to read his mind, as they were playing the classic board game Battleship. And then she got a hit. He followed up with a miss. Then she started talking about their mutual friend Yori, who had lost his son, and Bucky abruptly left their date. Innocent enough scene, right?

But did anyone pay attention to the board?

main-qimg-bb4d009485a333a654508163518597c7

She never misses!

Now, maybe not everybody records their opponent’s misses, though I always did. Or this could be a simple thing where they didn’t bother setting up the board properly. It’s odd that several of the ships were taken off, but the Destroyer is still on the board while being hit in both spots. But it got me wondering, is there anyone in the Marvel universe who shares her name? Turns out there is!

main-qimg-df77bda5a7ad94c11e86cbd58be05dbb

A servant of Hela, Leah was initially tasked with assisting Loki against the forces of the Serpent. After the Serpent was defeated, Leah was left on Earth, where she assisted Loki occasionally. Loki also took her on dates for milkshakes.

Could be a coincidence, but I think MCU Leah bears more than a passing resemblance to comic-Leah. I don’t think we’ll end up seeing a relationship between her and Hela, as Hela’s history. However, we may see something between her and Loki. You heard it here first!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I love Don Cheadle ..... but how the fuck is he going to get a nomination over Carl Lumbly...

@playahaitian we might need a separate discussion thread for this one..

How the hell did he get one over Carl Lumbly .... Don cheadle was in one damn scene.

Carl Lumbly got fucking ROBBED!!!

I don't want no black on black but ummm...

that nomination is a joke

much love and respect to the brother Don, he did an awesome job

I agree

I do not think this is the thread for this

no sense in bashing one to raise the other

this was and is carl lumbly award to win

in fact while Falcon winter solider performance was enough?

this is well deserved and over due as a lifetime achievement award.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I love Don Cheadle ..... but how the fuck is he going to get a nomination over Carl Lumbly...

@playahaitian we might need a separate discussion thread for this one..

How the hell did he get one over Carl Lumbly .... Don cheadle was in one damn scene.

again EVERYONE on that list deserves to be there and to win.

If Vance wins this I would still be good.

Politic Negro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I agree

So many ????s Who are the judges? Y'all couldn't tell the difference between black men? Y'all don't want to have another discussion about Bradley background? Is it about Covid Vaccines? I don't even remember Don's lines.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member

I agree

Don was in ONE FUCKING SCENE...

What was it 3 minutes

this was it..

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Don was in ONE FUCKING SCENE...

What was it 3 minutes

this was it..

I can't say anything bro..

but to be fair Alan Arkin won a damn Academy Award for 14 min

I aint gonna knock Don

but it doesn't make any type of sense that the the voters thought Don's speech

transcended a performance that was powerful emotional and created a new depth of the history of the MCU.

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
Lumbly got nominated in another category. I believe best Supporting Actor in a limited series.

Lumbly got nominated in another category. I believe best Supporting Actor in a limited series.

I am wrong about this.