Discussion: Falcon and The Winter Soldier UPDATE: Captain America 4 Brave New World NEW TRAILER!!!

Shadow

The Dark Lord
BGOL Investor
:eek2::eek2::eek2:
The first 10 minutes! HOLY SHIT!

Man look I had to turn it off... this shit can't be disrespected by watching it on my phone... I gotta watch it at home on the 4k big screen... that whole scene was off the charts!

glad you posted this. I was about the cram it in between some errands.
Gonna cut out some dedicated time now.

kids getting pizza tonight.

stizz3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I had no idea that there was another Falcon. You know they gotta pay this off now. Why even show dude

stizz3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
huh? another falcon?
The dude Torres becomes Falcon in the comics

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
tip my hat to the cats at Marvel
that opening action scene was unlike anything i've seen before (in a movie or tv)

i was never a big fan of falcon in the comics cause for alot of his run he was a sidekick with a questionable origin story and shitty powers

but i stand corrected after the intro of the 1st episode
dude was getting busy in the skies & glad to see the leaper back

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
first ep is really good shit...
tip my hat to the cats at Marvel
that opening action was something was unlike something i've never seen before (in a movie or tv)

i was never a big fan of falcon in the comics cause for alot of his run he was a sidekick with a questionable origin story and shitty powers

but i stand corrected after the intro of the 1st episode
dude was getting busy in the skies & glad to see the leaper back

Its bump time...

This is not cheap

The production value>>>>

I would have paid the full NY times square rate and bought a ticket to see that in a theater

THAT was not for "TV"

THAT was big budget movie quality intro...

and it just SPED bye...

It felt like 30 minutes

And they laying so much groundwork and the [perfect connection to the movies

Feige?

You one bad muthafuka.

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
The production value>>>>

I would have paid the full NY times square rate and bought a ticket to see that in a theater

THAT was not for "TV"

THAT was big budget movie quality intro...

and it just SPED bye...

It felt like 30 minutes

And they laying so much groundwork and the [perfect connection to the movies

Feige?

You one bad muthafuka.

i really appreciate how MARVEL is bringing movie quality VX to tv
i was trying to explain to my wife as a comic fan and someone who watches almost every comic show on tv...that opening scene was unprecedented (in film or tv)
I fucking hate heights and i was getting anxious as fuck watching a tv show cause it was too real and had me on the edge of my seat

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
i really appreciate how MARVEL is bringing movie quality VX to tv
i was trying to explain to my wife as a comic fan and someone who watches almost every comic show on tv...that opening scene was unprecedented (in film or tv)
I fucking hate heights and i was getting anxious as fuck watching a tv show cause it was too real and had me on the edge of my seat

I was watching with the family and we just sat speechless

Only heard oohs and aahs

then my oldest just gently took the remote

without ANYONE saying a word

and rewinded back to the beginning of the scene

and but the remote right down next me

I raised that one right.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier introduces the next Captain America

Meet John Walker, played by Wyatt Russell.
By Nick Romano
March 19, 2021 at 12:50 PM EDT

Warning: Spoilers from The Falcon and the Winter Soldier season 1, episode 1 are discussed in this article.
The world of the Marvel Cinematic Universe has a new Captain America. He's just not the one you were expecting. Well, maybe you were, if you've been keeping track of Marvel comic book lore.

Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan returned as Sam Wilson and Bucky Barnes for the new Disney+ series The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, and Friday's premiere episode saw Sam turning over the shield of Steve Rogers (Chris Evans) to be put on display in Washington, D.C.'s Smithsonian Air and Space Museum. Though Steve chose Sam as his successor to carry the shield during the events of Avengers: Endgame, he felt it didn't belong to him.

In comes the U.S. government to do what the U.S. government is gonna do. The final moments of episode 1 saw Sam watching a breaking news report about the announcement of the next Captain America. Sorry to Steve and Sam's feelings, but in light of the criminal activities of Betroc's L.A.F. and the Flag-Smashers, the country has chosen John Walker (Wyatt Russell) to become the star-spangled hero.

"He's a complicated character. That's what drew me to him," Russell tells EW of the role. "It'll be fun seeing how all three of these guys interact in terms of what their identity is. I think that I can safely say that it's a show about identity and what it means to each specific person."

In the comics, John, a.k.a. U.S. Agent, a.k.a. Super-Patriot, is the government-sanctioned pick to become Captain America after Steve resigns from the post due to ethical conflicts. Russell's John has been purposefully withheld from most of the marketing for The Falcon and the Winter Soldier thus far, but it seemed like the character would fulfill a similar trajectory given his depiction in a variant Captain America costume. Now, the news is official, though it remains to be seen whether John will maintain the title in perpetuity, or if someone like Sam or Bucky steps up.

CREDIT: MARVEL STUDIOS
Russell had some reservations about taking on a role like this. He was flying blind during the audition because Marvel didn't tell him who he was auditioning for.

"At first it was like, 'Well, I love Marvel, but not that much.' I gotta know what I'm doing," he says. "Eventually, they were able to tell me a little bit about what it was rather than just blindly going in reading the lines. ... And even then it's still kind of confusing. But the way they portrayed him to me, the things that he'd be going through [and] fighting against, and [the] internal struggles, and all the other elements of the character, it seemed like something worth doing."

On a deeper level, the whole Marvel of it all loomed over his decision. "It's a big thing," he says, meaning it's a massive corporate Hollywood entity.
Known for playing characters like Sean "Dud" Dudley (AMC's Lodge 49), Willoughby (Richard Linklater's Everybody Wants Some!!), and Zook (Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 22 Jump Street), Russell felt the work he's done up until this point has been "very insular" and "creatively driven."
"There's very little producer interference," he explains. "[With] some of the shows that I've done, the producers have been the creators. So, it was different going in and being like, 'I know there's an entire corporate structure behind this.' And there's no denying the fact that there's more in it for [Disney]. There's still a billion dollars worth of merchandise off of these franchises."

That perspective changed once he began the project. He felt it was such a "creative," "collaborative" environment when he got to set.
"Which then, in turn, made me feel so stupid," he admits. "Well, duh, what do you think? Do you think they hire all these great actors who you get to work with and they didn't use a creative process to get to the place they got and make these movies that are tight and very well thought out? It's not just a mistake."

CREDIT: MIKE PONT/GETTY IMAGES

Beyond that, the one aspect of playing John Walker he wasn't entirely prepared for was the level of action required of the part. He says "you're constantly fighting and moving in this superhero outfit," which proved "difficult." It became even more challenging during the pandemic, which forced filming to go on a hiatus from March-September 2020.

"I did as much as I could to try and get in shape, and then, during the pandemic when we went down, I was having some problems with feeling injured," Russell recalled. "So, I had to double down on the workout just to be in the studio. Forget acting, I guess. Just in order to convey anything, I have to be able to wear the suit."

According to lead writer Malcolm Spellman, Russell's introduction as the new Captain America plays into Sam's "deepest doubts" about "whether this country would ever accept someone like him [as a hero] and whether someone like him should ever even try to be accepted by that thing."
The character, he notes, will be used as a vehicle to explore the idea of privilege. John experiences a certain kind of privilege in that he's "done everything he's supposed to do," "everything his country has ever asked," Spellman says. And now, he's expecting to be rewarded for that duty.
"The truth is, life isn't fair and just being the best and doing what's right does not mean that your journey is going to go accordingly," he explains. "So, John Walker is in for some rough times up ahead as a human being."

New episodes of The Falcon and the Winter Solider stream on Disney+ every Friday.

PliggaNease

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The opening scene was some next level cinema quality shit!!!!! Very well done!!!!! The character moments were just as entertaining. We're finally getting to see what makes them tick.

Interesting line when Falcon pulls up at home and his nephews yell out "Uncle Sam!"

I'm guessing Bucky's date didn't know who he is lol.

Nice surprise appearance by Rhodey.