Discussion: The Boys Presents: Varsity GEN V (Amazon Prime) UPDATE: RIP Chance Perdomo (Andre)

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I was wondering how is Rufas walking around like everything is good when he just had a devastating injury. Either he has accelerating healing, or, what I believe, that Cate made her believe it happened. The jump scene from the bench to Rufas' bed is the exact same jump from the Sam fight to Jordan's bed. We know Cate is responsible for the latter, I believe she's responsible for the former as well.

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I was wondering how is Rufas walking around like everything is good when he just had a devastating injury. Either he has accelerating healing, or, what I believe, that Cate made her believe it happened. The jump scene from the bench to Rufas' bed is the exact same jump from the Sam fight to Jordan's bed. We know Cate is responsible for the latter, I believe she's responsible for the former as well.

I thought supes could self heal at faster rates than humans. Just like alot of them seem to have more durability and strength compared to humans. Don't know that it would regrow limbs/organs.

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I thought supes could self heal at faster rates than humans. Just like alot of them seem to have more durability and strength compared to humans. Don't know that it would regrow limbs/organs.
Stormfront had a high degree of durability but she couldn't heal from her injuries. I don't believe they all have accelerated healing rates but even if they do, Rufas didn't react to Marie like this woman just severely injured him, he acted like he didn't know what they were talking about.

GuessWho21212

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I believe that is the case, so dude is still dickless he just didn't bleed out like a normal person would because he's a supe. Same way Marie is able to slice open her hands and they heal back almost instantly -- no bandages, no stitches, or anything.

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
So, am I the only one that thought that puppet scene with Sam was dope... This show is fucking crazy.. lol. To throw that in there was so left l, but so perfect.
i didnt like it because i wanted to see the real thing
but it waas cool
they did it with black noir too

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
i didnt like it because i wanted to see the real thing
but it waas cool
they did it with black noir too
I liked it because of the effect it had on me, watching the puppet violence set off my imagination of what the grotesque shit he was doing would have looked like on a real body, so I'm chuckling at the puppet violence all while in my head I'm thinking holy fucking shit, he just smushed a dudes brain out off his head like he was emptying a toothpaste tube lol it was pretty effective and creative imo. Then when they cut back to reality it's like... Damn... Lol

Great show so far, this has real potential.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
So, am I the only one that thought that puppet scene with Sam was dope... This show is fucking crazy.. lol. To throw that in there was so left, but so perfect.

Loved it

But they need to respect the architect

Angel >>>

I am legit shocked they didn't publicly acknowledge where they got this from.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

^^^^

Yeah this part is a little confusing

Unless it didn't really happen?

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Loved it

Angel >>>

dce99600-b164-4e00-b6e0-4002bd26d492_text.gif

:lol:

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
^^^^

Yeah this part is a little confusing

Unless it didn't really happen?
That's what I'm saying, it didn't really happen, Cate made Marie think she injured Rufus. Like I said before if you go back and look at it, the jump scene from Marie sitting on the bench to waking up in Rufus' bed, looks exactly the same as the jump from fighting Sam and waking up in Jordan's bed. When Andre cornered Rufus and Rufas used his power to escape, the jump from Andre attacking Rufus, to Andre in line at a restaurant, looked different, it wasn't the same effect.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
That's what I'm saying, it didn't really happen, Cate made Marie think she injured Rufus. Like I said before if you go back and look at it, the jump scene from Marie sitting on the bench to waking up in Rufus' bed, looks exactly the same as the jump from fighting Sam and waking up in Jordan's bed. When Andre cornered Rufus and Rufas used his power to escape, the jump from Andre attacking Rufus, to Andre in line at a restaurant, looked different, it wasn't the same effect.

^^^

we agree/

Because so far?

Her powers don't really work like that.

(unless how she saved that woman in the club counts?

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Loved it

Angel >>>

One of my all time favorite episodes of what's probably my all time favorite show.

Joss is considered a god in my house lol

I still catch myself singing the self esteem song from that episode to myself sometimes lol

Man let me stop fucking around Imma go watch some Angel lol I'm out.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
One of my all time favorite episodes of what's probably my all time favorite show.

I still catch myself singing the self esteem song from that episode to myself sometimes lol

And what's fucked up is what happens directly after this fun happy ass episode smh dark times man, still hurts... Lol

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

damn right

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

I KNOW Joss is an asshole in real life but you CANNOT deny his talent skill and he REDIFINED modern television storytelling and you could argue storytelling in general when it comes to the writing room and the specific writers they learned their craft under him AND the story bible, big bad, season long story arcs Etc etc.

You CANNOT just ignore all that because he is a jerk.

I acknowledge and accept Joss is both.

Damn it I might not do a rewatch but you NEED to read the comics.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
I KNOW Joss is an asshole in real life but you CANNOT deny his talent skill and he REDIFINED modern television storytelling and you could argue storytelling in general when it comes to the writing room and the specific writers they learned their craft under him AND the story bible, big bad, season long story arcs Etc etc.

You CANNOT just ignore all that because he is a jerk.

I acknowledge and accept Joss is both.

Damn it I might not do a rewatch but you NEED to read the comics.
Man, short of a second Holocaust or owning slaves there's nothing Joss can do to lose my fandom lol his writing/show runner DNA is in damn near every major TV show today, his dialogue style is often imitated but never replicated, he established the biggest film franchise off all time and to this day they're still trying their best to replace what they lost with Joss.

His wife was salty. Fuck her lol

I checked out the Angel and Buffy comics, liked the angel one a lot more and got tired of the buffy one after a while and stopped keeping up. But I'll take anything buffyverse

I just hope one day we can get a fray tv show or movie

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Buffy and Angel STILL >>>>>>

all I see are their children and most of these kids can't live up to the OG.
glad to see you too can appreciate the art born of toxic film sets

love Angel Buffy Doll and Firefly
but after seeing that Ray wasn't lying about JL thanks to Zack
and seeing almost every actress that worked with Joss tell their "Joss" story...

no lie though - this last ep of Gen V is among some of the best episodes of TV I have ever seen

keone

International Member

Fok joss for killin doyle

keone

International Member

and seeing almost every actress that worked with Joss tell their "Joss" story...

no lie though - this last ep of Gen V is among some of the best episodes of TV I have ever seen
He a dick. I'm glad I made that ray thread.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Fok joss for killin doyle
Unfortunately Glen Quinn was a junkie so can't really blame Joss for that one, also his death was excellent and set up one of the best character arcs in television with Cordelia going from a wannabe actress mean girl who leaked in high school, to a champion and then higher power.

He was great but the squad after him was perfect, Angel, gun, Fred, lorne, cordi, and let's not forget Wesley Windham price rogue demon hunter lol that group had perfect chemistry. Spike was cool too

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
He a dick. I'm glad I made that ray thread.
It seemed his problem was more with Walter hamada, either way Joss may be a dick, but he's a dick who changed TV and then changed film, has made legendary works and it's a shame he was canceled for what basically amounted to him not being nice. Lol our loss.

All hail Joss! :giggle:

Am I biased? yes. Yes I am. Lol

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

I have to

Cause it's getting impossible to find any project that didn't have it.

And go back and look I was one if the few co signing Ray from jump. And the Buffy cast.

But Joss made me want to write. That's just fact.

so am I supposed to dump all the hard work of those writers directors actors camera crew special effects editors music etc.

If you got an answer please let me know cause it's getting real messed up out on these sets.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
It seemed his problem was more with Walter hamada, either way Joss may be a dick, but he's a dick who changed TV and then changed film, has made legendary works and it's a shame he was canceled for what basically amounted to him not being nice. Lol our loss.

Do NOT read that joss new Yorker interview bro...

You might finally have to throw away your pom poms.

keone

International Member
Unfortunately Glen Quinn was a junkie so can't really blame Joss for that one, also his death was excellent and set up one of the best character arcs in television with Cordelia going from a wannabe actress mean girl who leaked in high school, to a champion and then higher power.

He was great but the squad after him was perfect, Angel, gun, Fred, lorne, cordi, and let's not forget Wesley Windham price rogue demon hunter lol that group had perfect chemistry. Spike was cool too

wrong-hahaha-john-david-washington.gif

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Does Buffy hold up enough that you’d recommend it today?
Imo Angel holds up better especially seasons 3-5

But Buffy is still great especially from season 3 on(although as someone who grew up with the series I have a soft spot for the first two campier seasons)

Pretty much anything Joss whedon is worth checking out. Dollhouse is great, firefly and serenity are great, even the Nevers was pretty good before it got canned due to all the controversy