Discussion: The Boys Presents: Varsity GEN V (Amazon Prime) UPDATE: RIP Chance Perdomo (Andre)

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
who is big cricket
and sam is not 100 he drugged up
he not thinking clear
im talking more physical he gon fk soldier and home up

Cricket is Emma

Sam seems like it's not just the drugs he is now seriously impaired as a result of the continued abuse and mind wipes

We have no proof there is a quick fix fir that.

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
Cricket is Emma

Sam seems like it's not just the drugs he is now seriously impaired as a result of the continued abuse and mind wipes

We have no proof there is a quick fix fir that.
emma has a limit
between sam and mariie they can rule the world
andre no joke

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
what they jack still have to watch the show
Of the top, the two genders in one body, then they both have a woman who needs to always wear gloves (one can mentally control you the other can body swap), and both deal with extremely powerful superheroes with mental issues. They are both great shows with these similarities but the presentations are very different. Matter of fact Legion is far different than any show, let alone superhero show I've ever watched, something that Loki aspires to be but falls short in my opinion.

keone

International Member
Of the top, the two genders in one body, then they both have a woman who needs to always wear gloves (one can mentally control you the other can body swap), and both deal with extremely powerful superheroes with mental issues. They are both great shows with these similarities but the presentations are very different. Matter of fact Legion is far different than any show, let alone superhero show I've ever watched, something that Loki aspires to be but falls short in my opinion.
i see
going to finish the last two season

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

That was a perfect analysis until Loki I completely disagree with that part. But you made some great observations.

i love all those shows.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Why u disagree with Loki part
I still have to see s2 tho

Loki aspires and achieves it's goal to be different from other marvel properties. I'm a huge fan of Legion but it never seemed to connect with a larger audience which is sad, it had as much inconsistencies as Loki and the boys. No show is perfect. But damn it even it's weakest episodes were unique adventures in storytelling. Loki in that class.

those 3 shows and I would add Invincible and Doom Patrol and Watchmen as adult tv comic bpok properties that attempted to elevate the usual comic book show with creativity high production value and intelligence. Loki being on Disney + has an even more difficult tightrope walk and especially this season has shown a lot of excellent execution.

But always remember I'm a sucker for ALL this stuff so it takes a lot for me to bash something.

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
That was a perfect analysis until Loki I completely disagree with that part. But you made some great observations.

i love all those shows.
To me Loki does a lot of that retro technology for affect while Legion does it to reflect on the mind of the mentally challenged, causing the viewer to feel sort of confused and a feeling of something a bit off. Perhaps I am digging too deep, but after watching Legion for the 2nd time I realized that much of the show was from the perspective of the mentally challenged characters, giving and from their warped sense of reality often time doesn't flow in a linear fashion. Yes I know Loki also deals with time distortion but up to now it really doesn't explain the retro technology theme.

GuessWho21212

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
One thing that bugs me about this show and The Boys in general is that all of the supes have a baseline of superhuman strength and durability powers, so for someone like Sam it’s kind of hard to tell what his power is. If all the supes are strong, but he’s really strong, it doesn’t really seem as impressive. They need to flesh out his powers a bit more, maybe it would help explain his mental illness. A great example is with Francis/Ajax in Deadpool, he had enhanced strength but it was a byproduct of him not being able to feel pain.

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
One thing that bugs me about this show and The Boys in general is that all of the supes have a baseline of superhuman strength and durability powers, so for someone like Sam it’s kind of hard to tell what his power is. If all the supes are strong, but he’s really strong, it doesn’t really seem as impressive. They need to flesh out his powers a bit more, maybe it would help explain his mental illness. A great example is with Francis/Ajax in Deadpool, he had enhanced strength but it was a byproduct of him not being able to feel pain.
I haven't watched the last 3 episodes, but I thought Sam felt the serum that gave him his powers also caused his mental illness. Obviously, you can't trust Sam and nothing definitive was said from the episodes I recall.

You wouldn't have much of a character, but I wonder why they didn't just Cate's power to do something about Sam's mental illness. They didn't give the impression that her powers were short term. The guy who hit himself with the bat seemed to be following her command days later.maybe they explained it in the episodes I haven't seen.

I agree super strength/durability doesn't seem very special in the Boys world. When you think on it from the shows version, why does anyone fear Homelander? Apparently, one on one even the stronger supes would lose. However, they've shown that a team of supes could just jump him and come close to winning. I can't even recall if anyone's powers are measured. You would assume being on the Severn means you are the strongest, but we've seen that popularity and politics are likely more important especially if you have a flashy power.

keone

International Member
Feel like the season finale finished too quickly. I need more dammit
it was short only 30 minutes
i dont like how they introduced homelander and the other one tho
i mean homelander i get
i think sam is just extra powerful
remember he took on the gang by himself
girl/boy is strong but even she/he was scared

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
it was short only 30 minutes
i dont like how they introduced homelander and the other one tho
i mean homelander i get

i think sam is just extra powerful
remember he took on the gang by himself
girl/boy is strong but even she/he was scared

They said the Homelander Ending and Mid Credit scene set up Season 4....

Season 4 will deal with the virus...

Once Dr. Shetty reach out to the old lady I knew Butcher would be after the virus that can kill supes...

I'm still wondering how ol girl survived a blast from Homelander....

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Once Dr. Shetty reach out to the old lady I knew Butcher would be after the virus that can kill supes...

^^^^^

that part.

I was thinking it was another mind wipe or something

keone

International Member

ah i see good info
if she can control her powers she will be the most powerful sup

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Sam nearly on par with Homelander? What has this dude been smoking? Sam has been manhandled, knocked unconscious by electric shocks, and a cattle prod. If a cow zapper can knock him out, what the hell could he do against Stromfront?