Discussion: The Boys Presents: Varsity GEN V (Amazon Prime) UPDATE: RIP Chance Perdomo (Andre)

GuessWho21212

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
it was short only 30 minutes
i dont like how they introduced homelander and the other one tho
i mean homelander i get

i think sam is just extra powerful
remember he took on the gang by himself
girl/boy is strong but even she/he was scared
Again, my problem with Sam is that in a world where all supes have super strength, Sam apparently has super duper strength AND he doesn't exactly have a direct comic book counterpart that we can readily identify. On The Boys, Queen Maeve has similar powers to Sam in that she is just incredibly strong, stonger than most supes, but she also serves as the Vought version of Wonder Woman which is why her abilities are more recognizable. Maybe what they should have done is draw a parallel between Sam and the Hulk, maybe his skin or something changes color when he gets mad and it makes him stronger. It could also play into the whole classic Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde theme, so when he gets mad and "hulks" out his schizophrenia really kicks in.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Sam nearly on par with Homelander? What has this dude been smoking? Sam has been manhandled, knocked unconscious by electric shocks, and a cattle prod. If a cow zapper can knock him out, what the hell could he do against Stromfront?

That's ridiculous, we have to judge these characters based on the feats we've seen and the damage or lack of damage we've seen them take, you said it perfectly, we've seen sam hurt by tasers and held down by a giant girl, homelander would have blown a hole through Emma if she tried holding him down or flown through her, he would laugh at someone who tries shocking him

Soldier boy would have his way with same(pause) let alone homelander.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Sam nearly on par with Homelander? What has this dude been smoking? Sam has been manhandled, knocked unconscious by electric shocks, and a cattle prod. If a cow zapper can knock him out, what the hell could he do against Stromfront?

the potential for it is there
they were literally using Sam to amplify his brother while they were drugging him and mentally suppressing him

following the logic of The Boys -if they keep his mind 'clear' - allow him to eat and exercise - he is going to get stronger

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
Again, my problem with Sam is that in a world where all supes have super strength, Sam apparently has super duper strength AND he doesn't exactly have a direct comic book counterpart that we can readily identify. On The Boys, Queen Maeve has similar powers to Sam in that she is just incredibly strong, stonger than most supes, but she also serves as the Vought version of Wonder Woman which is why her abilities are more recognizable. Maybe what they should have done is draw a parallel between Sam and the Hulk, maybe his skin or something changes color when he gets mad and it makes him stronger. It could also play into the whole classic Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde theme, so when he gets mad and "hulks" out his schizophrenia really kicks in.

they were literally using Sam to amplify his brother while they were drugging him and mentally suppressing him

following the logic of The Boys -if they keep his mind 'clear' - allow him to eat and exercise - he is going to get stronger
and thats my point this is about the new gen u think homelander is going to be powerfull all this time?
no these are his successors
and they kids still need to learn

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Sam's parallel was maybe Black Noir...

They share a similar power set along with the puppet and cartoon thing...

Sam and Black Noir's hallucinations vary, the cause is very similarly rooted in trauma.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

^^^^

Kaboom

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Sam's parallel was maybe Black Noir...

They share a similar power set along with the puppet and cartoon thing...

Sam and Black Noir's hallucinations vary, the cause is very similarly rooted in trauma.

^^^^

Yup

I'm still trying to figure out the cartoon connection between the two

Because we have seen other psychosis shown on the Boys and it hasn't been childlike.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool

Dude was only 27 :smh: R.I.P
Damn, I remember him on Sabrina as well(a role I thought was better for him overall.) RIP 27 is just way way too young.

Stay off them bikes...Had a cousin I grew up with lose his life the same way few years back, nothing safe about a motorcycle.