DL HUGHLEY: Come on down!! It's Your Turn to Get Shit on By MONIQUE......SMH

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
dude...the shits so fucked up its not funny..

1. again...WHERE ARE THE STORIES ABOUT HER BEING DIFFICULT BEFORE PRECIOUS??? even if you want to say her husband/manager was the problem..where are the stories about him fucking her shit up before precious?? Monique worked pretty regularly for a long time up to that point.

2. she said Lee Daniels literally called her and said she'd been black listed. Now you wanna like thats not possible? Remember Mira Sorvino? SHe won an Oscar for a role in a woody allen movie...then harvey weinstein asked to fuck her and she said no...didn't see Mira anymore since then...Peter Jackson confirmed that she was up for a part in the Lord of the Rings movies and harvey told him to NOT hire her because she was "difficult to work with" and that he'd been calling all around telling people that. And you wanna believe a comedic actress who won awards for a dramatic role something NO ONE ever seen her do before can't get parts because she's type cast???

3. She didn't think she should be making chappelle money.....she just knew she was worth more than 500k and a contract that locked her in for 2 years at netflix discretion. Her going to her fanbase to complain about it as a taactic is NO DIFFERENT than Amy Shumer going to her fanbase when she felt netflix lowballed her with a 10 MILLION dollar offer and she complained. And she LITERALLY said they wouldn't do to chappelle or chris rock.and netflix bumped it up to 13 million. And Any is clear joke thief something no one has ever accused or showed monique doing.

the fucked up part about all of this is... the black community in general and this board in particular still blames black women for shit that actually happens to them... for all the talk of supporting the "black queen" when has that actually happened?? Honestly?? WHen was the last time anyone actually saw shit go down against a black woman and believed her and said Thats fucked up!...

I'm looking at the bigger picture of this woman's career...WE ALL WATCHED MONIQUE WORK THRU THE 90s AND 00s... and whats been said about her doesn't match up with what she's done on her grind. again if she truly was a problem like that that shit would been come out and it hasn't.

We ALL know hollywood is on some fucked up pimp shit and WILL fuck over people just to do that...yet somehow its not possible in Monique's case??

Most of us support Black women so that it the issue and really shouldn’t have been brought up.

Katt Williams even said Netflix bases their offers on tickets sales. Amy Shumer was hot in these streets when Netflix paid her, Mo’Nique wasn’t.

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Yes that’s true.

Do you know why Mo’Nique was upset with Lee Daniels, Tyler Perry etc?

I’m not a Mo’Nique defender but she was done wrong by them. She didn’t want to work for free and they blackballed and derailed her career.

And many wanted her to shut up and not speak about it.
Do you agree with her on the NETFLIX situation?

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Do you agree with her on the NETFLIX situation?

I don’t agree with her telling everyone to boycott Netflix.

But it was stated by other Black female comedians that Netflix did in fact lowball them too. I think she should’ve shot her own special, shopped it around and moved on because Netflix isn’t the only platform.

But in short, no I don’t.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yes that’s true.

Do you know why Mo’Nique was upset with Lee Daniels, Tyler Perry etc?

I’m not a Mo’Nique defender but she was done wrong by them. She didn’t want to work for free and they blackballed and derailed her career.

And many wanted her to shut up and not speak about it.

^^^^^

I'm a little bit surprised by the hate for her.

Especially when lee Daniel's apologized and even the other 2 apparently want to make peace after the 50 Cent " intervention "

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
^^^^^

Especially when lee Daniel's apologized and even the other 2 apparently want to make peace after the 50 Cent " intervention "

She’s fat, loud and aggressive so they have an issue with her.

They also believe she has a huge ego and a sales sense of self.

I’m basing that off of what I’ve read.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

But it was stated by other Black female comedians that Netflix did in fact lowball them too. I think she should’ve shot her own special, shopped it around and moved on because Netflix isn’t the only platform.

I agree with your overall point.

Especially when it was proven TRUE.

And Haddish and Shumer specifically benefitted hugely from Monique taking the big hit by calling for the boycott.

We have seen many publicly suddenly try to rewrite history and give Mo more credit about all that mess

when they were laughing in her face back when it first happened.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

That is everything I've ever heard about her too.

But she ain't the only one and it's used as an excuse for never believing her. Especially after the Oscar.

But it's crazy how we heard about Cosby hidden proclivities from way way way back and it never hurt him till Hannibal. It was just ignored.

Funny how that works.

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

The only reason people are tired of her is because she thinks she's worth more than what she is.

She is worth what the market demands for her! Not anyone else.

She thinks just because of past performances, she should get top billing and top rates all the time, but that's just not life.

The only reason a few people have apologized to her is because of public pressure.

She is a fat, loud, aggressive, DELUSIONAL and EXTEMELY NARCISSICTIC person that you can't talk reason with.

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

She should have accepted the half milly, then negotiate for more had her special been successful. To compare her offer to Amy's was ignorant

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Another bridge burned by this fat unfunny bitch, dl is a comedy mainstay, this bitch couldn't kill a fly let alone a room at the store but wants to headline over dl? Lmao if she was workingba crowd where no one knew about her drama she would just be thought to be a deranged lunatic lmao this bitch needs to sit down and stfu before she ends up make my movies with Gina Carano and Ben Shapiro, anybody could have played her role in precious (not hard to seem evil throwing babies and molesting kids) she's not unique or special, just bitter and full of cholesterol.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool

Name a female black comedian(or any female comedian really) that the public is clamoring for their special lmao Netflix only gives a fuck about dollars and cents. Dave gets the bag but Netflix is racist? Lmfao gtfoh

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
^^^^^

No body is in the right Monique is difficult. Lee Daniels has deep issues with Black people and it comes out in his movies.

Darrkman

BGOL Investor
That is everything I've ever heard about her too.

But she ain't the only one and it's used as an excuse for never believing her. Especially after the Oscar.

But it's crazy how we heard about Cosby hidden proclivities from way way way back and it never hurt him till Hannibal. It was just ignored.

Funny how that works.

I was just saying that in this thread. We've heard about Cosby drugging women for YEARS.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
No body is in the right Monique is difficult. Lee Daniels has deep issues with Black people and it comes out in his movies.

If everyone has their own faults and demons it's crazy how folk choose such hard and fast sides to defend no matter what.

Without any REAL inside knowledge of these situations

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Most of us support Black women so that it the issue and really shouldn’t have been brought up.

Katt Williams even said Netflix bases their offers on tickets sales. Amy Shumer was hot in these streets when Netflix paid her, Mo’Nique wasn’t.
When was the last bgol agreed with or supported a black woman who spoke up for herself??

Don Coreleone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Now if I remember correctly Steve Harvey closed the Kings of Comedy and by no stretch was he funnier than DL, Cedric or Bernie Mac. I say that to say closing the show doesn't necessarily mean anything. I would have been pissed if I went to that show and she went on an unfunny tirade like this.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The only reason people are tired of her is because she thinks she's worth more than what she is.

She is worth what the market demands for her! Not anyone else.

She thinks just because of past performances, she should get top billing and top rates all the time, but that's just not life.

The only reason a few people have apologized to her is because of public pressure.

She is a fat, loud, aggressive, DELUSIONAL and EXTEMELY NARCISSICTIC person that you can't talk reason with.

I agree wholeheartedly, she’s worth what the market demands and that’s what I said when it came to her Netflix offer.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
She should have accepted the half milly, then negotiate for more had her special been successful. To compare her offer to Amy's was ignorant

I agree, either accept the offer or move on.

She should’ve consulted with other Black female comedians or female comedians I general to see if Netflix was lowballing all of them.

But to compare herself to Amy’s offer was wrong.

I believe another issue she had with Amy’s contract negotiation is that with her the came back with a different offer.

With her they said have a nice day and that was it. They didn’t come back with any other offer and she had an issue with that.

dasailr03

A Goddamn Sailor!
BGOL Investor
Yeah.. that nigga hates black men...hard.. HARD AS FUCK. 90% of his black men characters are so fucking sick, its not even funny. I peep this bullshit awhile ago. why his hollywood peers give him props is beyond me.

Darrkman

BGOL Investor
When was she difficult before precious?

Maybe. That's just it, we don't know. I'm not assuming she's totally guilty but I also don't assume she's completely innocent.

I will say that a lot of people don't like working with her husband who's her manager.

Working in advertising you learn that a lot of people that are "loved" turn out to be assholes. Aaron Sanchez was a HUGE asshole on set cause he was always high.

1457721086073.jpeg

Rachel Ray is also extremely difficult to work with. Kraft hated working with her when she was working with them on Nabisco. She wouldn't agree to scripts for spots until the day of the shoot which is always problematic.

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I agree, either accept the offer or move on.

She should’ve consulted with other Black female comedians or female comedians I general to see if Netflix was lowballing all of them.

But to compare herself to Amy’s offer was wrong.

I believe another issue she had with Amy’s contract negotiation is that with her the came back with a different offer.

With her they said have a nice day and that was it. They didn’t come back with any other offer and she had an issue with that.
That's what I'm saying. Amy was making noise in the comedy circuit, her unfunny ass sold out MSG which is why NF gave her millions. Monique wasn't ringing bells like that in stand up. I follow a lot of comedians and podcasts, I rarely if never see her name in show lineups. She funny though

TittyMaster404

BGOL Veteran Titty Inspector
BGOL Investor
About 14 years ago I was assigned as her bodyguard for the a visit in Chicago. It was the worst assignment I ever had. She filed a complaint with my company about me because I told her she wasn't funny. She tried to belittle me and it didn't work. They ended dropping her as a client because of her actions.