Eminem BET Cypher Freestyle on Trump

Shadow22

Rising Star
Registered
What's shameful, its a white rapper stepping to the forefront, while all these black rappers are playing it safe. Maybe more will come out now, but why let the white guy do it first.

Cause your average rapper and their fans are really Em's audience. If it weren't for Jennie, Colin, Katie etc your favorite rapper would be working in the cubical next door to u.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What's shameful, its a white rapper stepping to the forefront, while all these black rappers are playing it safe. Maybe more will come out now, but why let the white guy do it first.

Realistically speaking, no one would give a shit if Jay z or any other rapper spoke out about trump nor would it get the attention. They’re Black, they’re not expected to like or support trump. They’d just be beating a dead horse.

Eminem being white is the reason it’s getting the attention it’s getting.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Realistically speaking, no one would give a shit if Jay z or any other rapper spoke out about trump nor would it get the attention. They’re Black, they’re not expected to like or support trump. They’d just be beating a dead horse.

Eminem being white is the reason it’s getting the attention it’s getting.

That's the point of white allies. White folks dismiss all black complaints as playing the race card, but they don't ignore their own, and with as much influence as Em has/had it sparks a discussion.

If he hadn't said anything you'd have these same people claiming he used our community for a come up, and then didn't support us. These are often the same people who also don't want to stand by Native Americans, Muslims, Mexicans or Puerto Ricans, saying they need to fight their own battles and then when it comes down to it, can even find reason to disqualify supporting black folks. If all they are doing is sitting on social media criticizing people actually in the fight, they can keep that BS commentary and keep it moving.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That's the point of white allies. White folks dismiss all black complaints as playing the race card, but they don't ignore their own, and with as much influence as Em has/had it sparks a discussion.

If he hadn't said anything you'd have these same people claiming he used our community for a come up, and then didn't support us. These are often the same people who also don't want to stand by Native Americans, Muslims, Mexicans or Puerto Ricans, saying they need to fight their own battles and then when it comes down to it, can even find reason to disqualify supporting black folks. If all they are doing is sitting on social media criticizing people actually in the fight, they can keep that BS commentary and keep it moving.

Agreed

BlueCarpetTreatment

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

E fucking xactly!!! I don’t get muthafuckas man. Can’t have it both ways.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
vwx2br.jpg

n216hW.jpg

As much I wanted to think it was wack, I couldn't do it. He 8 miled Trump.

gtg305h

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Here we go with this "sparked a discussion" bullshit...the discussion has been happening for years, the problem is that there's no policy changes or action that follow the discussion.

How is Eminem dropping bars about Trump placing him "in the fight"? Nothing will change for Eminem after this, he won't get Kaep'd, if anything, he will get more props from niggas with the white savior complex...the same niggas that can't wait until Tom Brady acknowledges the 'discussion' so they can give him super props

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
He spoke..what have you done APOPHIS? Right now, You’re sounding like another “member” that claimed he did more for communities than NFL players and got School mentorships organizations around the country.

Bruh, pump your breaks.
I commend him speaking on a very important topic whereby others say nothing despite their platform. You dont know me personally nor have knowledge of what I have done for my community. Trust me when I say I'm out on the frontlines reppin' as well as building financially for myself and the Black community. My name could be Googled and my stats will come up. You ain't gettin' it. That being said, the rap was still fucking wack!

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Here we go with this "sparked a discussion" bullshit...the discussion has been happening for years, the problem is that there's no policy changes or action that follow the discussion.

How is Eminem dropping bars about Trump placing him "in the fight"? Nothing will change for Eminem after this, he won't get Kaep'd, if anything, he will get more props from niggas with the white savior complex...the same niggas that can't wait until Tom Brady acknowledges the 'discussion' so they can give him super props
Bingo. I dunno why everyone thinks ANYONE simply talking or rapping about some shit accomplishes any more than record sales.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member

Anyone who has a voice that can sway opinions is valuable right now. A sad, sorry fact of life is that white folks dismiss any minority fighting for a cause that has a race component that doesn't affect them. As soon as they hear "it's because I'm black" they not only tune out, they become hostile toward the message. The only thing that convinces SOME of them is first hand personal experience or undeniable proof such as a video. To acknowledge a certain type of evil exists might put them in the position of having to do something, and most don't want that responsibility.

The other thing that convinces them, is having someone champion a cause who doesn't have any skin in the game, meaning another white person. That is why we say white folks need to talk to their own people. They immediately shut down hearing it from the minority affected. They also are getting to the point that they shut down hearing from known whites activists, chaulk up their involvement to white guilt, and activists and minorities wanting them to carry it. Em will be effective, short term anyway, because he is the hero and poster child of angry white guys. It came out of the blue, and therefore has some shock value. This is even getting coverage in other countries, thanks to social media.

I'm not saying to kiss Em's ass, but his actions were effective, is keeping the discussion alive for another week, the narrative is this time being driven by someone on "our side", and is overriding that BS narrative Pence was able to get in the headlines last week. So what's the problem?

gtg305h

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Anyone who has a voice that can sway opinions is valuable right now. A sad, sorry fact of life is that white folks dismiss any minority fighting for a cause that has a race component that doesn't affect them. As soon as they hear "it's because I'm black" they not only tune out, they become hostile toward the message. The only thing that convinces SOME of them is first hand personal experience or undeniable proof such as a video. To acknowledge a certain type of evil exists might put them in the position of having to do something, and most don't want that responsibility.

The other thing that convinces them, is having someone champion a cause who doesn't have any skin in the game, meaning another white person. That is why we say white folks need to talk to their own people. They immediately shut down hearing it from the minority affected. They also are getting to the point that they shut down hearing from known whites activists, chaulk up their involvement to white guilt, and activists and minorities wanting them to carry it. Em will be effective, short term anyway, because he is the hero and poster child of angry white guys. It came out of the blue, and therefore has some shock value. This is even getting coverage in other countries, thanks to social media.

I'm not saying to kiss Em's ass, but his actions were effective, is keeping the discussion alive for another week, the narrative is this time being driven by someone on "our side", and is overriding that BS narrative Pence was able to get in the headlines last week. So what's the problem?

I respect this, my point is that this will enter and leave the news cycle within a week or two and the only winner will be Eminem, he will have more cred from niggas, and the losers will be us again because symbolism doesn't equate to tangible and necessary change.

The powers that are don't give a damn about an eminem freestyle on a white-owned "black" network, hell, Eminem could have freestyle a Malcolm X speech from the 1960s and got the same message across, which speaks to how long the discussion has been in consciousness of this country.

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend
I didn't see this thread yesterday!

Without reading any of the thread yet, all I can say is DAMN!!!!

He dropped that shit with great passion!!

I GOT FUCKING GOOSEBUMPS!!

Props to Em! :yes:

Last edited:

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Is this about Eminem hating Trump or about him getting publicity for a new album a lot of people don't care about. :dunno:

Dissing pop stars is what Eminem does.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
I respect this, my point is that this will enter and leave the news cycle within a week or two and the only winner will be Eminem, he will have more cred from niggas, and the losers will be us again because symbolism doesn't equate to tangible and necessary change.

The powers that are don't give a damn about an eminem freestyle on a white-owned "black" network, hell, Eminem could have freestyle a Malcolm X speech from the 1960s and got the same message across, which speaks to how long the discussion has been in consciousness of this country.

I agree the powers that be don't, however the goal is to affect the mindshare of people who influence the powers that be.

I've said this before that black folks need white allies. How many judges are black? How many prosecutors? How many jury members? The people deciding whether or not black people see justice in this country aren't black. The people deciding whether or not a police officer goes to jail are rarely black. We are 13% of the population. Nothing we accomplish by voting is achieved by black folks alone.

We need allies in a positions of power we don't hold. We are not totally powerless, but most of that power, at least historically, has been exercised in influencing white people to influence other white people to do the right thing. Like Chris Rock said when Obama was elected, we've always had qualified black folks, we were just reaching the point where white folks accept that.

"To say Obama is progress is saying that he's the first black person that is qualified to be president. That's not black progress. That's white progress. There's been black people qualified to be president for hundreds of years.

If you saw Tina Turner and Ike having a lovely breakfast over there, would you say their relationship's improved? Some people would. But a smart person would go, "Oh, he stopped punching her in the face." It's not up to her. Ike and Tina Turner's relationship has nothing to do with Tina Turner. Nothing. It just doesn't.

The question is, you know, my kids are smart, educated, beautiful, polite children. There have been smart, educated, beautiful, polite black children for hundreds of years. The advantage that my children have is that my children are encountering the nicest white people that America has ever produced. Let's hope America keeps producing nicer white people."

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
They are discussing this on MSNBC right now with Fat Joe, Talib Kaweli, and Bill Kristol. Not only is this allowing them to be seen outside the rap genre and speak intelligently on social issues, it is also promoting charities they are involved in as well.

lurknomo

Rising Star
Registered
I don't think that's fair. I think it's possible that if this were a Nas or Common video trending to the same extent tonight, Olbermann would have seen it and very likely would have responded the same way.

The more I think about it, if Nas or Common came with it on national TV like that, it probably would have been trending pretty high, which is all this Eminem rap is doing right now.

Beyond that, I disagree with saying "Fuck Keith Olbermann" basically for the transgression of not being into underground rap. It is not his fault Nas or Common wouldn't get the same attention. Fuck the system and let's talk about that but it's a mistake to transpose the flaws of the system onto every individual.

I agree with everything you said but lets think about social reach and all time records sales, as far as black rappers Jay-Z is the only one who could have spit sumthing like that and shake up the world, the other two rappers that could have are dead. Nas and Common are both great it would have been trending but there are only 5 rappers dead or alive that could have made THAT much of an impact.