For the first time in over 17 years, André 3000 is releasing an album of new music “New Blue Sun” set to be released this Friday, Nov. 17

wwetv100

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Big Boi still waiting on that reunion album lol.

giphy.gif

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I’ll be honest. I’m not looking forward to this shit at all. Gimme a Big Boi/Kila Mike album collab though.

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
As I said in the earlier post, he is doing this for him. This is his journey. If you want to ride on the journey with him, get in the back seat, he's pulling off in a couple minutes. If you don't, that's your choice.

A lot of artists have done pivots and some of them have actually been successful. Look at Marvin Gaye Circa 1968 and Marvin Gaye Circa 1975. Look at Marvin Gaye Circa 1978. Looking Marvin Gaye Circa 1982

I never said anything about why he was doing it. I'm well aware of how artists change in their journeys.

And that is a terrible example. Marvin was still singing Popular music. A different sub-genre certainly but still Pop.

A better example is Natalie Cole who went from Pop to Jazz or some might say Easy Listening. Totally different genres.

veewee77

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Did he ever really love the art then? You never hear of musicians like Prince saying “uh, fuck the guitar, I’m gonna play the bongos now. I’ve transcended the guitar”. As if rap isn’t art or is somehow a lesser art form from which one should evolve from as we get older. It’s part of the reason why rap is mainly a young persons game. The older artists aren’t making a case for themselves. They all want to “evolve” or grow out of rap. How about growing within the art and paying some respect to the art form that got you noticed in the 1st place. I’m not saying you can’t try to experiment with other sounds and instruments and musical genres. But why does it have to be at the expense of hip hop? Why not grow and evolve and experiment with hip hop and with other stuff? I’d appreciate that over some flute music. He’s entitled to his own form of expression and I respect that and the fact that he seems to be enjoying life. It just upsets me how a lot of artists minimize hip hop.
I hope this album is not like that Lauren Hill unplugged shit where she played the same 3 chords over and over again. It takes years to master an instrument, just like it took them years to master hip hop and rapping.

Goingmark40

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
yeah i'm not expecting much from this project so i won't be dissapointed. i'll always be holding out for hope that they'll do another outkast album at some point tho.

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
Cats gonna be mad...

It's gonna be full of harps and flutes....

Dude is NOT a rapper anymore...he's done with it...

You want him rapping? Outkast has 5 albums of material to listen to
Nothing to be mad about when you aren't paying for it.

If you like it, keep it and if not delete it.

Its that simple.

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
So many niggas on BGOL complain about music sounding the same and being trash but when andre3000 does something different from the crowd with a different sound and niggas wanna still complain.
I like different music especially from black artists, so I’m giving him praise for doing what he is doing but also there is jokes to be written about this

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So many niggas on BGOL complain about music sounding the same and being trash but when andre3000 does something different from the crowd with a different sound and niggas wanna still complain.

I agree and I think the ultimate flex is that he can put out any kind of music JUST BECAUSE. So many artists have to put out music because they need the money or the label told them to.

This nigga running his own show and putting out whatever he wants. Seems like a passion project to me.

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
I agree and I think the ultimate flex is that he can put out any kind of music JUST BECAUSE. So many artists have to put out music because they need the money or the label told them to.

This nigga running his own show and putting out whatever he wants. Seems like a passion project to me.
Right, he doesn't have to do it for the money but because he love what he does, it's never a job.

He really don't have to put out anymore music again and will be doing fine regardless.

people need to appreciate him more because it's not too many of them left with a lot of our favorite artist who we grew up listening to are getting older and most of them have passed away.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Right, he doesn't have to do it for the money but because he love what he does, it's never a job.

He really don't have to put out anymore music again and will be doing fine regardless.

people need to appreciate him more because it's not too many of them left with a lot of our favorite artist who we grew up listening to are getting older and most of them have passed away.

You preaching today LOL