For the first time in over 17 years, André 3000 is releasing an album of new music “New Blue Sun” set to be released this Friday, Nov. 17

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Can I be honest?

I haven't watched it yet :lol:

I saw this thread yesterday and the vid popped up in my feed so I shared.

I'll watch it later.
Lol I'm at work so instead of listening to music I just let that vid play and it was a good listen. Definitely check it out bruh.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lol I'm at work so instead of listening to music I just let that vid play and it was a good listen. Definitely check it out bruh.

I listened and it was a good refreshing interview.

So this album he'll just be playing instruments?

Sounds like we'll be getting an album from "Andre 3001" instead of Andre 3000.

orange roughy

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I'm getting flashbacks of Stevie Wonder's "Secret Life of Plants" and Marvin Gaye's "here My Dear"... both excellent albums but both tanked in sales. Hoping that I can get into this...

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I listened and it was a good refreshing interview.

So this album he'll just be playing instruments?

Sounds like we'll be getting an album from "Andre 3001" instead of Andre 3000.
Yeah I heard it's going to be like an instrumental album. If people looking for them raps, this ain't it lol.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
He can't really play the flute, That's what I've gotten out of it so far lol

he plays flute like how wheezy plays guitar.

Skimmed through the whole thing after sitting through about ten minutes and tapping out.

Time to rap or go back to wandering.

dade305

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Don't listen to that shit while you are high lol

He really can't play that flute at all

Watch he win a Grammy...
Lol, I thought about him winning a grammy too. They probably going to make a whole new category cause of him...

Last edited:

TEN

Tensei - Admin
Staff member
What's really funny is Andre really believes he can play those fucking flutes.
I just heard your "album" ..nah you can't play shit.
Not even badu is this weird son, fuck happened to u?.

Verdict: one of, if not THE, worst albums ever recorded and painfully listened to.
Andre 3000 is the yoko ono of rap.
Yall ever mention this idiots name again I'm banning yall.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yo Andre holla at me.. we gonna remake the flute albulm.. it’s gonna be called enter the game… where you just do vidgame theme songs

Here’s an example

Last edited:

badman32

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not sure what yall with negative remarks expected. If you've paid attention to how he's been living/moving then the album should not be surprising. I think he's gonna make a killing. Yoga classes, meditation classes, or people that just want to listen to ambient sounds will eat this up.

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Don't listen to that shit while you are high lol

He really can't play that flute at all

Watch he win a Grammy...
Notice when niggas go Hollywood they turn weird....Denzel and Sam J are the only black male actors that hasn't been turned out

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
What's really funny is Andre really believes he can play those fucking flutes. I just heard your "album" ..nah you can't play shit. Not even badu is this weird son, fuck happened to u?.

Verdict: one of, if not THE, worst albums ever recorded and painfully listened to.
Hollyweird happened

Reactions: TEN

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
its cool for what it is
but him saying he to old to rap is bs
Yeah, that’s the part that had me looking at him sideways. Dude, the age doesn’t have anything to do with your rap skills, especially with these new artist out right now because most of them are trash.

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm into it, this is my kind of shit. I listen to binaural beats and different frequencies so this reminds me of that.

yeah same here I'll check it out....might be similar to the artist created focus music on the "Headspace meditation" app...Erykah Badu and Madlib have their own mixes on there that I listen to regularly

Last edited:

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not sure what yall with negative remarks expected. If you've paid attention to how he's been living/moving then the album should not be surprising. I think he's gonna make a killing. Yoga classes, meditation classes, or people that just want to listen to ambient sounds will eat this up.
Yeah once I watched his interview I knew this wasn't going to be a traditional rap album so my expectations were lowered after that. Just watched the interview, this is exactly what he wanted to put out. The way he talked about rap, you may never get a rap album from him again.

orange roughy

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I am listening and I'm cool with it. I suspect that in the last 2 decades he's had enough money and time to really contemplate his role in things, and modern musicis simply not the place. Traditional sounds and instruments is one direction. I agree with those who liken this to meditation music, as I've found it pretty compatible with my other activities while surfing... but like I said above, it's like listening to "Secret Life of Plants"... just so used to them throwing out bangers that changing it up really makes you contemplate the message of the music...

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

It sounds like the negative responses to those that listened are saying that he's not good at playing the flute. :dunno:

And it'll definitely make a killing, because it's Andre 3000.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He can't really play the flute, That's what I've gotten out of it so far lol

he plays flute like how wheezy plays guitar.

Skimmed through the whole thing after sitting through about ten minutes and tapping out.

Time to rap or go back to wandering.

Wayne though?

That's fucked up and funny at the same time :lol:

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What's really funny is Andre really believes he can play those fucking flutes. I just heard your "album" ..nah you can't play shit. Not even badu is this weird son, fuck happened to u?.

Come on man :roflmao: