Gen Z is not fucking with Android: “A green message — anyone with an Android — throws off the entire chat"

Ryokurin

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Why do iPhones screens crack so easily? I had $20 phone that I threw into a wall and it left a dent in the drywall but the screen was fine. Recently, I just dropped my LG on the concrete without a cover and the glass is completely unscratched.

iPhones use glass from Corning, just like a lot of other manufacturers, but it's not Gorilla glass, it's ceramic coated. It actually performs pretty similarly to Gorilla Glass Victus, but allegedly has slightly better scratch resistance. With that said however, modern glass like Victus and Ceramic does make a compromise over surviving drops over scratches. You may could have got away with not putting a protector over say a phone with Gorilla Glass 5, but you really should put one over one with Victus because it's more likely to develop microscratches, which over time does compromise it's drop resistance.

And if you are talking about the back of the iphone, at least with the 12, the back wasn't ceramic glass, the back is Gorilla Glass 6.

Piff Henderson

Stage Manager of Stage Managers
BGOL Investor
iPhones use glass from Corning, just like a lot of other manufacturers, but it's not Gorilla glass, it's ceramic coated. It actually performs pretty similarly to Gorilla Glass Victus, but allegedly has slightly better scratch resistance. With that said however, modern glass like Victus and Ceramic does make a compromise over surviving drops over scratches. You may could have got away with not putting a protector over say a phone with Gorilla Glass 5, but you really should put one over one with Victus because it's more likely to develop microscratches, which over time does compromise it's drop resistance.

And if you are talking about the back of the iphone, at least with the 12, the back wasn't ceramic glass, the back is Gorilla Glass 6.
TBH, I was just noticing that nearly everyone I know who has an iPhone has a cracked screen. I've never had a cracked screen despite not being gentle on phones and I know they can't be that much harder on phones than I am so I was curious about that.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
For all of you corny ass niggas that live and die by this bullshit:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I don't think anyone does, but you do know that Samsung listed how this is possible on their Site, right?
probably not.
:roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2:
The people who thought it was real obviously didn't read. But regardless of that, it's still the best phone out (S23U)

stizz3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I use DEX everyday..... its fantastic. I connect it to the flat-screen at work, add a wireless keyboard and mouse and you have a fully functioning pc. Add a wireless controller and its game on. I was playing Grid for Android and dude at work thought I brought in a Xbox

just found another cool DEx feature....You gotta have a fast PC and connection for this

Finally got around to playing with the SteamLink app. Lets you stream your library to any mobile device. It works with DEX, using my data plan, on a PC 30 miles from the crib.

Flawlessly.....no lag. Using a Galaxy S22 Ultra. I figured adding Dex and an Xbox controller would slow it down, but NOPE.

349539505_660161306124459_2689822619004304176_n.png

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
just found another cool DEx feature....You gotta have a fast PC and connection for this

Finally got around to playing with the SteamLink app. Lets you stream your library to any mobile device. It works with DEX, using my data plan, on a PC 30 miles from the crib.

Flawlessly.....no lag. Using a Galaxy S22 Ultra. I figured adding Dex and an Xbox controller would slow it down, but NOPE.

349539505_660161306124459_2689822619004304176_n.png

This probably deserved its own thread

stizz3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
These fools are arguing over two devices that both do the same thing and what's even more hilarious well over half of those iphone fanboys and girls are using refurbished lower end models try to pass it off as a high-end models. :roflmao3:

the irony in all this is that Android users get called "broke" for using/having an android....when this ALL stems from broke people buying low end android phones because they were broke. Then deciding to switch to a most likely better Iphone in comparison. HAVING NEVER EXPERIENCED a top of the line Android, like the Galaxy S series.

Ive never owned a cheap android....so every phone that Ive ever had going back to the damn Palm Treo was at least comparable to the latest Iphone.

Its the damn LG to Iphone people that messed everything up..LOL

no other way to explain all those people comparing Android to Apple......and not IOS

stizz3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
any android users fuckin Phone Link.....Phone Link is rediculous.

for IOS

No one's answered....can IOS do split screen apps

tajshan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
its because - right now - Samsung is the only manufacturer that has an ecosystem that can compete with iOS/ MacOS ecosystem

Samsung's near field data sharing between ANY Samsung device coupled with the link to Windows integration
:itsawrap:

this was 2 years ago using DEX - its gotten even smoother / faster since with or w/o DEX - all my Samsung devices - laptop TV tablet phones connect to each other and share data seamlessly and quickly

Damn I miss LG.

They had a radio app on their phones I loved. All you needed was to plug in, yes plug in, your head to turn it on.

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
This here. And even then begged for an android
If they ever give me a choice I'm taking an android...

My new job just gives me a phone allowance... I'd rather not do that but for the salary and bonus structure they paying me, I'll take it... got a 30k raise...
I WILL NOT COMPLAIN