Golf: Phil Mickelson will deal w/ Saudis to pressure PGA "They killed & have a horrible record on human rights" UPDATE! PGA/LIV MERGE!

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I bet the PGA is secretly behind this group. Why isn't this same group outraged that US invaded Iraq instead of Saudi Arabia then? Huh? This group is fishy as hell.....

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I bet the PGA is secretly behind this group. Why isn't this same group outraged that US invaded Iraq instead of Saudi Arabia then? Huh? This group is fishy as hell.....

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I'd rather that guaranteed money, though. What if the NBA only paid players if they won games?

Tiger on some bullsh*t

But he still right.

He played the game legit gave up everything physically had to fight all them white legends PGA CHEATED by tiger proofing courses

He gave most of those guys life and increased purses.

He got a right to be hostile

And maybe most important

He ain't just TALK.

He turned down over a billion in LIV money

So he gets to say what he want.

But if course he on that bullsh*t this is a business those players are independent contractors they are ranked

If they miss a cut get injured loss an endorsement?

They are cooked.

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Tiger on some bullsh*t

But he still right.

He played the game legit gave up everything physically had to fight all them white legends PGA CHEATED by tiger proofing courses

He gave most of those guys life and increased purses.

He got a right to be hostile

And maybe most important

He ain't just TALK.

He turned down over a billion in LIV money

So he gets to say what he want.

But if course he on that bullsh*t this is a business those players are independent contractors they are ranked

If they miss a cut get injured loss an endorsement?

They are cooked.
Tiger Woods is one of one, though. He was a millionaire before he played his first round of professional golf, everybody is not like him. That guaranteed money would help cover the cost of travel and living expenses of the regular tour golfer.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Tiger Woods is one of one, though. He was a millionaire before he played his first round of professional golf, everybody is not like him. That guaranteed money would help cover the cost of travel and living expenses of the regular tour golfer.

Of course bro that's my point

HE can say that and I am not going to really challenge it.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Tiger Woods is hard worker, a great talent, and has a killer mindset, but the PGA has enough wealth to spread to the regular tour pros. Do you know the PGA is supposed to be a non-profit organization? They are even gaming the system and they know it.....

Of course I know

Again I have said repeatedly no one defending the PGA

I said I UNDERSTAND Tiger saying this and feeling that way.

PGA dirty like all these bowl games that are non profits too.

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Of course I know

Again I have said repeatedly no one defending the PGA

I said I UNDERSTAND Tiger saying this and feeling that way.

PGA dirty like all these bowl games that are non profits too.
Now the PGA wants to make changes, they are feeling that pressure:

PGA Tour Announces Sweeping Changes in Response to LIV Golf
Bob Harig

PGA Tour commissioner Jay Monahan announced a series of changes and enhancements to the schedule Wednesday that will see a return to a calendar-year season as well as significant purse increases, some of which are a direct result of the threat from the LIV Golf Invitational Series.

Speaking at the Travelers Championship, Monahan highlighted what he shared with players in a memo earlier: next year’s FedEx Cup playoffs field will shrink to 70 players, top-125 players can earn their exempt status through a series of six fall events after the Tour Championship, and the debut of a global series of three events that will be for the top 50 players in the FedEx Cup standings.

“We were planning on raising purses to these events in the future,’’ Monahan said. “The move that we’re making at the start of 2023 is no question so that we make sure our top events are maximized. This is an acceleration of that. We are responding to the current environment that we are in.’’

That environment saw the LIV Golf series announce minutes into Monahan’s news conference that Brooks Koepka had officially joined the circuit and will compete in the LIV’s second event next week outside of Portland while announcing 45 of the 48 players in the field.

Koepka joined the likes of Phil Mickelson, Dustin Johnson, Bryson DeChambeau, Sergio Garcia and Patrick Reed in accepting lucrative guaranteed deals to play an eight-event series this year that is expected to increase to 10 in 2023, with the possibility of a full league launching next year.

Monahan reiterated his stance from two weeks ago in which any player who signs on to play in LIV events will be suspended from the PGA Tour indefinitely.

"We welcome good, healthy competition. The LIV Saudi Golf League is not that," he said. "It's an irrational threat; one not concerned with the return on investment or true growth of the game."

Starting next year, eight PGA Tour events will receive significant purse increases: the Sentry Tournament of Champions will increase to $15 million, while the Genesis Invitational, Arnold Palmer Invitational, WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play, Memorial Tournament and playoff events FedEx St.

Jude Invitational and BMW Championship will go to $20 million. The Players Championship will increase to $25 million.

It is expected that the Genesis, Arnold Palmer and Memorial will also reduce fields and be no-cut events, assuring guaranteed payouts for all who qualify. The Sentry is already a no-cut event, as is the Match Play. While the FedEx St. Jude and BMW will also be no cut tournaments.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Tiger asked what was the incentive to practice while making guaranteed money. Shit, to get to this point WAS their incentive to practice, now they're here!

I hear you

But if they playing live style

That ain't "real" golf

If they ain't playing majors?

If they playing all scrubs?

Again just so it's clear cause apparently I am not doing a good job

I ain't defending the PGA

I ain't defending LIV either.

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Tiger asked what was the incentive to practice while making guaranteed money. Shit, to get to this point WAS their incentive to practice, now they're here!
Tiger did it, he must have forgotten he was a millionaire before his first professor golf tournament.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Bob Harig

PGA Tour commissioner Jay Monahan announced a series of changes and enhancements to the schedule Wednesday that will see a return to a calendar-year season as well as significant purse increases, some of which are a direct result of the threat from the LIV Golf Invitational Series.

Speaking at the Travelers Championship, Monahan highlighted what he shared with players in a memo earlier: next year’s FedEx Cup playoffs field will shrink to 70 players, top-125 players can earn their exempt status through a series of six fall events after the Tour Championship, and the debut of a global series of three events that will be for the top 50 players in the FedEx Cup standings.

“We were planning on raising purses to these events in the future,’’ Monahan said. “The move that we’re making at the start of 2023 is no question so that we make sure our top events are maximized. This is an acceleration of that. We are responding to the current environment that we are in.’’

That environment saw the LIV Golf series announce minutes into Monahan’s news conference that Brooks Koepka had officially joined the circuit and will compete in the LIV’s second event next week outside of Portland while announcing 45 of the 48 players in the field.

Koepka joined the likes of Phil Mickelson, Dustin Johnson, Bryson DeChambeau, Sergio Garcia and Patrick Reed in accepting lucrative guaranteed deals to play an eight-event series this year that is expected to increase to 10 in 2023, with the possibility of a full league launching next year.

Monahan reiterated his stance from two weeks ago in which any player who signs on to play in LIV events will be suspended from the PGA Tour indefinitely.

"We welcome good, healthy competition. The LIV Saudi Golf League is not that," he said. "It's an irrational threat; one not concerned with the return on investment or true growth of the game."

Starting next year, eight PGA Tour events will receive significant purse increases: the Sentry Tournament of Champions will increase to $15 million, while the Genesis Invitational, Arnold Palmer Invitational, WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play, Memorial Tournament and playoff events FedEx St.

Jude Invitational and BMW Championship will go to $20 million. The Players Championship will increase to $25 million.

It is expected that the Genesis, Arnold Palmer and Memorial will also reduce fields and be no-cut events, assuring guaranteed payouts for all who qualify. The Sentry is already a no-cut event, as is the Match Play. While the FedEx St. Jude and BMW will also be no cut tournaments.

Yeah they announced this a minute ago.

Good.

If LIV can actually IMPROVE modern golf in this country

not only game play and compensation

but accessibility?

Great.

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor

Bob Harig

See, this is like losing your wife, because you became a fat fuck. So, after she leaves, you hit the gym. Why the fuck didn't you do that while she was with you and begging you to lose weight?! Golfers have been begging the PGA to do this for years, but since they were the only game in town, it fell on deaf ears. Now that this 54 tour has come along, they wanna act right.

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
See, this is like losing your wife, because you became a fat fuck. So, after she leaves, you hit the gym. Why the fuck didn't you do that while she was with you and begging you to lose weight?! Golfers have been begging the PGA to do this for years, but since they were the only game in town, it fell on deaf ears. Now that this 54 tour has come along, they wanna act right.
:lol:.....that fat fuck PGA would be fuckin' side piece strippers in the champagne room and then on top of that, paying their tuitions. No respect for wifey. So wifey got this dude at her yoga studio named LIV....lol

but

I get your point, point well taken. :roflmao2:

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
^^^^

That's the example!!!

Same with the NFL

But the blood money and sports washing attached to LIV is going to be a problem
Man, the NBA does business with China, what about that blood money? That PGA blood money claim is only their talking point, they don't care about Saudi Arabia. Plus, when hasn't the United States supported Saudi Arabia?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Man, the NBA does business with China, what about that blood money? That PGA blood money claim is only their talking point, they don't care about Saudi Arabia. Plus, when hasn't the United States supported Saudi Arabia?

All true but that's the point I'm making

The hypocrisy from jump

That's why these white folk ain't sh*t

They attacked lebron over China

When some of the media companies and platforms work with China too

ALL these corporations have blood on their hands period

US doesn't have any moral high ground

Now of course government backed killing reporters and gay people is a little bit different of course

But still, Americans acting holier than thought is hilarious

Again I want all the same energy they gave the NBA about China.

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
All true but that's the point I'm making

The hypocrisy from jump

That's why these white folk ain't sh*t

They attacked lebron over China

When some of the media companies and platforms work with China too

ALL these corporations have blood on their hands period

US doesn't have any moral high ground

Now of course government backed killing reporters and gay people is a little bit different of course

But still, Americans acting holier than thought is hilarious

Again I want all the same energy they gave the NBA about China.
PGA, NBA, and the USA doesn't care about morality, it's all talking points to get some politic/economic goal.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

McIlroy's disappointment
McIlroy has suffered plenty of heartache since he won his last major at the 2014 PGA Championship at Valhalla. He had close calls at the Masters and The Open in 2018 and the U.S. Open at Torrey Pines last year. It was the ninth time he has finished in the top five at a major since last winning one.

Michael Madrid-USA TODAY Sports
The loss on Sunday, in which McIlroy had a four-shot lead at the start and a three-shot cushion at the turn, might end up stinging the most.

"[I'm] disappointed, obviously," McIlroy said. "Yeah, I felt like I didn't do much wrong today, but I didn't do much right, either. It's just one of those days where I played a really controlled round of golf. I did what I felt like I needed to just apart from capitalizing on the easier holes -- around the turn ... 9, 12, 14. If I had made the birdies there from good positions, it probably would have been a different story.

"But, look, I got beaten by a better player this week. Twenty-under par for four rounds of golf around here is really, really impressive playing, especially to go out and shoot 64 today to get it done."

Again, most of the galleries were behind McIlroy. Smith and everyone else probably felt like underdogs compared to him. But the Rory roars never came on Sunday.

Playing one group behind Smith, McIlroy made a birdie on the par-4 10th to move to 18-under. He didn't make another birdie the rest of the way.

McIlroy narrowly missed birdie putts of 14 feet on the 12th before almost sinking a 61-footer on the 13th. McIlroy didn't take advantage of the par-5 14th. His second shot from 248 yards was short of the green, so he putted from the fairway to 18 feet. Another near-miss left him with a disappointing par. McIlroy also had close misses from 28 feet on No. 16 and 22 feet on No. 17.

"Yeah, I'll rue a few missed sort of putts that slid by," McIlroy said. "But it's been a good week overall. I can't be too despondent because of how this year's went and this year's going. I'm playing some of the best golf I've played in a long time. So it's just a matter of keep knocking on the door, and eventually one will open."

McIlroy finished in the top 10 in each of the four majors this season. He finished second at the Masters, eighth at the PGA Championship and tied for fifth at the U.S. Open.

"Yeah, obviously, with not just his results this year, but he's come awfully close and played really well this year," said Hovland, who finished in a tie for fourth at 14 under. "But at the end of the day, he keeps playing the way he's doing, he's going to get one pretty soon, I think at least. Still, yeah, it's tough. You've got to finish it off."

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

How Cameron Smith surged at St. Andrews and stole the show from Rory McIlroy at The Open

ST. ANDREWS, Scotland -- Out of the turn emerged the winner of the 150th Open.

While the whole of St. Andrews was following Rory McIlroy, Cameron Smith, a group ahead, strung together a run of five birdies in a row to leap to the top of the leaderboard through 14 holes. An hour or so later, Smith's name was being carved into the Claret Jug.

He never blinked once Sunday. The first time he looked slightly rattled was when he held the trophy.

"What a week -- I'm going to fall apart here I know," he said.

But if there was one thing he never did over these past four days, it was crumble, despite a difficult Saturday.

A day before he was announced as Champion Golfer of the Year, Smith was weighing up where it had all gone wrong. He'd carded a round of 73. He looked dejected. He talked of how the golfing gods had gone against him. He regretted how he had attacked the 13th with gusto, instead of playing it carefully -- and walked away with double bogey.

The optimism we saw from him in the first two rounds had momentarily ebbed away, leaving us with what we thought would be a straight shootout between the overnight leaders -- McIlroy and Viktor Hovland -- for the championship. But Smith hadn't lost hope -- far from it.

"I think I was really frustrated [Saturday] with how the round went," he said. "I just really put it down to links golf. So I shrugged it off pretty good. I really didn't dwell on it too much."
On Sunday, Smith started dancing again, with the Australian support behind him. With the focus elsewhere -- mostly on McIlroy -- he put together another flawless round just like he did on Friday, shooting 8-under 64 to gatecrash what was meant to be McIlroy's coronation.

Once Smith had birdied the last hole, he had a 2-shot lead over McIlroy. He walked off to sign his scorecard as the crowd all flocked to the fairway praying for a miracle. But the minute McIlroy's drive came up short of the green, and his attempt to hole out for an eagle to force a playoff slipped past, Smith emerged from the hut as the winner of golf's oldest championship. He hugged his caddie and then looked a little lost.
"I don't have any family here," he said. "I've got all my team here."

The week of travel was too much of an effort for his father.

"My dad was actually meant to come over, and he pulled out in the last minute," Smith said. "I had a quick chat with him before. He's kicking himself now."

It's fitting that the 150th edition of The Open played out like the first back in 1860. Back then, the home favorite was Old Tom Morris. He knew the course better than anyone. But then Willie Park came through to win the inaugural championship. We've seen this before -- like Stewart Cink getting past the darling of the Turnberry crowd, Tom Watson, in 2009. But this should be remembered for Smith's remarkable weekend and not McIlroy's near-miss. We should look past the romance of what a McIlroy win would've meant and focus on Smith's incredible performance.

McIlroy: 'I didn't do much wrong today, but I didn't do much right either'

Rory McIlroy reflects on his performance at the Open Championship after coming in third place.

Make no mistake about this: Smith deserved to win. The way he negotiated the course Sunday was incredible, especially as he had to reset after the disappointment of Saturday's round.

It all started with the birdie run, each one majestic. His chip on the 10th from 27 yards out gave him a 5-footer for birdie. On the 11th and 12th he holed out from 16 feet and 11 feet, respectively.

But it was how he navigated the 13th that led him to believe he was going to win the championship. That was his nemesis on Saturday. On Sunday, he found the fairway, and then hit a beautiful approach shot from 184 yards to leave him with a 18-foot birdie putt. That one went in, too.

"I think my second shot into 13 was really when I thought that we can win this thing," he said. "To hit that shot in there, or the two shots, the drive and the second shot, were two of the best all week. For that to go in, I think, that was it for me."

And then on the 14th he found himself off the back of the green. He turned to putter, which left himself a 5-footer to make it five birdies in row.
"I knew I just had to be patient," he said. "I felt good all day, and those putts just started going in on that back nine and just got a lot of momentum going."

Access 4,300-plus hours of live coverage from 35 PGA Tour tournaments each year, including four days of coverage at 28 events with four feeds each day. Plus, access replays, originals and more. Stream on ESPN+

If that run of birdies put him in position, it was the way he approached the 17th that arguably won it for him. The infamous Road Hole has ruined hopes. And now, Smith found himself in a spot of bother, finding himself between that famous, dreaded bunker and the green. But he worked his way around it. He saved par.

His 20-under tied for the best score at a major. He became the fifth golfer to win The Players and a major in the same year, joining Tiger Woods, Jack Nicklaus, Martin Kaymer and Hal Sutton. But realizing the company he now keeps can wait. His first priority is to see how many beers he can fit into the Claret Jug.

At this Open, he's spoken about how he's binging the television series "Peaky Blinders" and the "State of Origins." He's also been taking his bike out for a spin every morning around the coast to get his legs working. It's all helped him stay calm and ready for the championship-winning moments that he eased through on Sunday.

But having won, his first emotion was relief.

"I feel I can breathe," he said soon after.

For McIlroy, he'll now regroup and go again, but this will hurt. The hotel room him and his family are staying in overlooks the 18th. Every morning he looked out and dreamt of being top of that yellow leaderboard above the grandstand.

"At the start of the day, it was at the top, but at the start of [Monday], it won't be," he said. "Of course you have to let yourself -- you've got to let yourself dream. You've got to let yourself think about it and what it would be like. But once I was on the golf course, it was just task at hand and trying to play the best golf I possibly could. I've got a bit of time to rest and recover and try to take the positives, learn from the negatives, and move on."

McIlroy will have further attempts to end the eight-year wait for his fifth major, but Smith will be enjoying the feeling of winning his first.

Smith's next challenge is to see if he can stay awake beyond 10 p.m. local time this evening. He says he'll try to drink 20 or so Claret Jugs-worth of beer even though he is exhausted. The last few days have taken it out of him. The magnitude of what he's achieved hasn't yet hit home.
"I knew it wasn't going to be too long before I got one of these," he said. "I've knocked on the door, I think, maybe one too many times now. So it's nice to get it done.

"It really hasn't sunk in yet. I don't think it will for a few weeks. Yeah, it's just unreal."

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
Trump tells golfers to ‘take the money’ from LIV Golf or ‘pay a big price’

A broken clock is right twice a day

All of those golfers that remain ‘loyal’ to the very disloyal PGA, in all of its different forms, will pay a big price when the inevitable MERGER with LIV comes, and you get nothing but a big ‘thank you’ from PGA officials who are making Millions of Dollars a year,” Trump wrote on Truth Social on Monday. His post came just a day after some 9/11 victims’ families urged Trump to “reconsider” events with LIV Golf.
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/17/us/politics/trump-liv-golf-bedminster.html