Guardian of the Galaxy

shanebp1978

Super Moderator
Pretty big. Celestials can be bigger than the earth.

The decapitated head of a Celestial might be the geekiest bit of Marvel cosmic lore to make it into the movie, but the film only goes partially into the history of the space port. Celestials are ancient, god-like, nearly indestructible beings, capable of creating galaxies. The Continuum Cortex inside the deceased Celestial’s head allowed the Guardians to teleport anywhere the galaxy might need saving. The port is also run by a talking cosmonaut dog named Cosmo, whom you can see in the film

Time out.

You mean Eternals. Right?

Because though you properly describe the Celestials . . . Thanos is the product of two Eternals. The enemies of the Celestials.

WhenTheGoingGetsTtuff

Rising Star
Registered
Time out.

You mean Eternals. Right?

Because though you properly describe the Celestials . . . Thanos is the product of two Eternals. The enemies of the Celestials.

The no where niggas head :eek:

How big was that ninja

Pretty big. Celestials can be bigger than the earth.

Knowhere.

The decapitated head of a Celestial might be the geekiest bit of Marvel cosmic lore to make it into the movie, but the film only goes partially into the history of the space port. Celestials are ancient, god-like, nearly indestructible beings, capable of creating galaxies. The Continuum Cortex inside the deceased Celestial’s head allowed the Guardians to teleport anywhere the galaxy might need saving. The port is also run by a talking cosmonaut dog named Cosmo, whom you can see in the film

I answered Sneed.

screen.jpeg

jbgfqUiecqpVnK.png

3512026-img_7781.png

Exitar the Exterminator.

Exitar the Exterminator is a member of the Celestials, an enigmatic group of powerful and super massive space gods. Their influence and actions having repercussions across all the known universe, including Earth. Exitar's existence was first revealed when Arishem the Judge summoned him to the world of Pangoria in order to purge the planet of a massive space pirate community whose presence on Pangoria had completely derailed their plans for the native populace's development. Believing that the two Celestials had come to simply eradicate all life on the planet, Thor tried interfering in their affairs and attempted to stop Exitar from carrying out the purification ritual.

Thor's misguided attempts at "saving" Pangoria were thwarted by the immense Celestial, however, and the purification went as planned. Exitar used the data he had gathered on the Thunder God to create a clone. It was through this clone that Exitar was able to explain to Thor the error of his ways and warn him to never again interfere in the affairs of The Celestials. After that, Exitar banished him from Pangoria and sealed the planet off from the rest of the known universe.

WhenTheGoingGetsTtuff

Rising Star
Registered
Did Cosmo "talk" in the movie?

UNFORTUNATELY. No. And i was upset by that because... it's freakin COSMO!!! I love COSMO!! I'm like, cosmo is a big part of Nowhere. How can you just SHOW Cosmo? And then not really SHOW Cosmo!!? After 2 days i now feel cheated. The Collector kind of bothers me too in a way.

When the gem blew up and he was 'hurt"? Cmon man. That's a fucking Elder of the Universe bro.

WhenTheGoingGetsTtuff

Rising Star
Registered
We knew he had a cameo though. Plus only fans of the books would know him.

Sent From My Galaxy S5

Yeah. friends who went with us were like why the hell is that dog dressed like that? What's the dog? Is that a superhero we don't know about? :lol:

Did you not see my posts earlier? I even posted some comic panels of him.

I really wasn't talking about you. I'm more speaking about people who don't read comics.

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
:itsawrap:

Once your son wants to be like thanos

Bye ninja :lol:

Nah I'm good. He likes the good guys. In fact when I told him my favorite character of all time was Thanos he was pissed. He's figuring out I like the bad guys.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Darrkman

BGOL Investor
Bet you none of y'all recognized ROM the Spaceknight in the Collector's building.

Sent from ... ... IT'S A TRAP!!!!!!!

If he was there I missed it. Now I'm mad I did.

Sent from my Nexus 5

PliggaNease

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I saw this on Friday night and loved it as well. This movie was just a fun time at the theater without taking itself too seriously.

I bout died when Drax was telling everyone about how he was glad to be fighting amongst friends, and when he got to Gamora, he goes "and this green whore..." LMBAO!!!!!

Rocket was a damn fool I tell you! I'd watch a whole movie with him as the lead.

I'm all on board with seeing chicks as Gamora and Nebula this Halloween. :yes:

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor
My nigga call Stan Lee a prevert tho'. Shit was decent. I think I like it better than Avengers.

On my soul folks

This movie shits all over avengers

Captain America winter solider number 1 tho

This shit was hot fire

I told fuck niggas rocket gonna be the best

He talmbout lemme get yo eyes n shit :lol:

And i was dyyyyyin when they was bent and started fighting

Rocket had that juice in em ready to spark

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
Nah I'm good. He likes the good guys. In fact when I told him my favorite character of all time was Thanos he was pissed. He's figuring out I like the bad guys.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Ok then your ass is still grass, he's gonna have all the other kids team up and avenge his mom

Again bye dark :lol:

Not even if you had lord sins rings and the infinity gauntlet.

J Storm

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Guardians of the Galaxy

Domestic Total as of Aug. 3, 2014: $94,000,000 (Estimate)
Distributor: Buena Vista Release Date: August 1, 2014
Genre: Action / Adventure Runtime: 2 hrs. 1 min.
MPAA Rating: PG-13 Production Budget: $170 million

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $94,000,000 58.6%
+ Foreign: $66,400,000 41.4%
= Worldwide: $160,400,000
Domestic Summary
Opening Weekend: $94,000,000
(#1 rank, 4,080 theaters, $23,039 average)
% of Total Gross: 100.0%
> View All Weekends
Widest Release: 4,080 theaters
In Release: 3 days / 0.4 weeks

Rocky Miavia

LORD OF THE BOARD
BGOL Investor
Last edited:

Darrkman

BGOL Investor
Guardians of the Galaxy

Domestic Total as of Aug. 3, 2014: $94,000,000 (Estimate)
Distributor: Buena Vista Release Date: August 1, 2014
Genre: Action / Adventure Runtime: 2 hrs. 1 min.
MPAA Rating: PG-13 Production Budget: $170 million

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $94,000,000 58.6%
+ Foreign: $66,400,000 41.4%
= Worldwide: $160,400,000
Domestic Summary
Opening Weekend: $94,000,000
(#1 rank, 4,080 theaters, $23,039 average)
% of Total Gross: 100.0%
> View All Weekends
Widest Release: 4,080 theaters
In Release: 3 days / 0.4 weeks

Marvel is just printing money.

By the time Avengers 3 and Thanos shows up if they're smart they'll go all out so much it will bring in Avatar money.

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor
They can use groot to throw he hulk and he can grow to help captain America get to high places

I really wanna see marvel flip some shit and have both crew go at each other

:eek:

Shit would be pure fire

assmaster1

Star
Registered
:eek:

Thanos ain't on shit tho

I wanna see niggas like hulk and rocket team up and mash niggas

Well, there most likely going to change a lot, but back in the early nineties, In the comics Once Thanos got all the soul Gems he killed all the avengers, All the gods, all the omnipotent people in the marvel comic universe. The only reason he lost was because of his own stupidity.

Rocky Miavia

LORD OF THE BOARD
BGOL Investor
Well, there most likely going to change a lot, but back in the early nineties, In the comics Once Thanos got all the soul Gems he killed all the avengers, All the gods, all the omnipotent people in the marvel comic universe. The only reason he lost was because of his own stupidity.
He got bored.
7f_109596_0_SilverSurferVol355Genesis.jpg

:lol:
83957darkseid4001copyjp9.jpg

simonmarcel

Rising Star
OG Investor
I just got back from seeing it. I'd say it was slightly better than Avengers. But I've always hated the Peter Quill/Tony Stark witty/annoying/making light of serious situations type characters. I thought Groot would have been better off not speaking at all. And Vin Diesel getting credit for being in the movie is laughable.

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor
Peter Quill >>>> tony stark

Everybody was a main character in this movie

Rocket connected everybody in the movie

Avengers had nobody like this in their movie

Ronen was a high powered alien

Thanos don't want no problems

Omfg I can't wait till they bring out super skrull

Marvel >><>>

sakinnuso

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
And this is why Marvel's film are more enjoyable to me. DC takes shit way too seriously. They want to make every DC film some pretentious bullshit based on social commentary.

I agree that the Marvel flicks are more fun, but I hope that the DC movies don't try to copy that. I think that's where they dropped the ball with Green Lantern.

I grew up a Marvel kid, but the DC movies -when they work - feel pretty epic. I'm not saying that I want *all* comic movies to feel like Marvel or DC, but I'm glad that each company has laid a stake in the tone that they want and are sticking to it.

Personally, I *loved* Man of Steel and Watchmen, and I feel like my perfect comic movies have been the ones that walked that fine line right down the middle. Raimi's Spider Man 2, X2 and X4, and what might actually be my favorite comic movie: Cap: The Winter Soldier are how l like my comic flicks to feel. They hit the serious/humor sweet spot for my tastes.

Looking forward to seeing how DC is going to play with Justice League, but the *last* thing I want DC to do is to try to copy Marvel.

GoTG was hella fun. It was a good space adventure, and set a high bar for the genre going forward. IT's not my favorite *New* Marvel flick (i'm back and forth between CapTWS>Avengers=GoTG>IM1>IM3=Cap1=the rest being subpar....), but it's a fine fun little movie.

Al Smith

Rogue Mod
OG Investor
What is it with everyone saying that Thanos don't want no problems.. he is the worst problem of all.. he can go toe to toe with just about anyone in the universe.. and win.. except for the conceptual gods and such like galactus, the celestials, chaos and order..etc... None of these other cats don't really want it with him... :smh::smh::smh:

remember, he is the biggest simp of all.. he wiped out half of existence to try and get at some pussy that he will never get....
:lol::lol::lol::lol: