Guardian of the Galaxy

chops

Doctor of Medicine. Ringside Physician.
BGOL Investor
Finally got a chance to see it. I was happy seeing Cosmos. Hopefully he joins the crew at some point. I am NOT feeling the job they did with Thanos. His look is just off somehow. I cant place it exactly.

Like others, I read the comic books and have since the early 90s. I liked what they did with the Guardians. A little confusing.

Glad they put Adam Warlock's cocoon in the movie as well.

Im seeing that everyone has winter soldier high on their list. I thought it was kind of boring. What did people like about the movie? Maybe Im missing somtehing

overall 8/10

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
Finally got a chance to see it. I was happy seeing Cosmos. Hopefully he joins the crew at some point. I am NOT feeling the job they did with Thanos. His look is just off somehow. I cant place it exactly.

Like others, I read the comic books and have since the early 90s. I liked what they did with the Guardians. A little confusing.

Im seeing that everyone has winter soldier high on their list. I thought it was kind of boring. What did people like about the movie? Maybe Im missing somtehing

overall 8/10

I agrre about winter soldier. It was ok, but so many cats have it as a masterpiece :dunno:

Maybe because there were so many action sequences...

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor

overall 8/10

It was his color. They had him more blue instead of purple like he should be. He also doesn't look as big as he is supposed to be. Thanos is supposed to be 6'9" tall and 900 lbs.

J Storm

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
i have a confession... I've never read Infinity Gauntlet.

Is it good or does it read like any other arc that turned me away in the 1990s?

chops

Doctor of Medicine. Ringside Physician.
BGOL Investor
It was his color. They had him more blue instead of purple like he should be. He also doesn't look as big as he is supposed to be. Thanos is supposed to be 6'9" tall and 900 lbs.

There it is!! When I saw him in that chair he just didnt seem as imposing or menacing as I remember him. Nail on the head right there. Off topic but that thanos imperative series was WEIGHTS!!

Its been a while. Honestly, I remember reading it as a kid and the main thing that was cool to me was all the different heroes being pulled out of other comic books. I dont think that is going to happen (no X-men or spiderman i guess)

I read it again a couple of years ago and it was decent. Nothing too crazy just popular bc it was the biggest event in comics at that time.

Every large Marvel or DC event since then has been trying to chase the popularity of the infinity gauntlet saga (blackest night, civil war, forever evil, etc etc)

Rocky Miavia

LORD OF THE BOARD
BGOL Investor
There it is!! When I saw him in that chair he just didnt seem as imposing or menacing as I remember him. Nail on the head right there. Off topic but that thanos imperative series was WEIGHTS!!

Its been a while. Honestly, I remember reading it as a kid and the main thing that was cool to me was all the different heroes being pulled out of other comic books. I dont think that is going to happen (no X-men or spiderman i guess)

I read it again a couple of years ago and it was decent. Nothing too crazy just popular bc it was the biggest event in comics at that time.

Every large Marvel or DC event since then has been trying to chase the popularity of the infinity gauntlet saga (blackest night, civil war, forever evil, etc etc)
And most have failed in comparison.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
V8oaiI1.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5

what the hell did he do to Wolverine..? :lol:

michant2

Support BGOL
Registered
Fox is not giving up X-Men nor Fantastic Four. The main reason FF is getting a reboot is so that it doesn't revert back to Marvel. Sony is never giving up Spider-Man. Not even Disney has enough money to get any of those rights back.

My list
1. The Avengers
2. Captain America Winter Soldier
3. Iron Man
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Thor

If they aren't ever going to do a Black Panther film, what they should do is a Black Widow film with Sam Wilson and Agent 13/Sharon Carter in a spy/action flick tracking down someone running intelligence operations agains the U.S. and a newly formed S.H.E.I.L.D. , and that someone turns out to be Black Panther....

tre2k4

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So why are those who fell asleep through the movies vs the ones who rate this movie as their top 5 2014 flick.....

stretchwallz

Superstar ***
BGOL Legend
Fox is not giving up X-Men nor Fantastic Four. The main reason FF is getting a reboot is so that it doesn't revert back to Marvel. Sony is never giving up Spider-Man. Not even Disney has enough money to get any of those rights back.

My list

1. The Avengers

2. Captain America Winter Soldier

3. Iron Man

4. Guardians of the Galaxy

5. Thor

If they aren't ever going to do a Black Panther film, what they should do is a Black Widow film with Sam Wilson and Agent 13/Sharon Carter in a spy/action flick tracking down someone running intelligence operations agains the U.S. and a newly formed S.H.E.I.L.D. , and that someone turns out to be Black Panther....

If they don't bring panther to film it's some overt racist bullshit. Captain Americas shield is due to BP

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

overall 8/10

For me, it was a great movie on it's own merit but it did something movies rarely do and comic book/superhero movies never do: it upset the status quo. In this case, it upset a status quo that crossed over several movies and a tv show. They destroyed SHIELD.
It also helped that they gave Cap a villain he couldn't beat in the Winter Soldier, something else comic book/superhero movies never do.

It's great. It reads better if you read the "Thanos Quest" where he acquires the gems first because IG starts off with him already with the Infinity Gems.

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
For me, it was a great movie on it's own merit but it did something movies rarely do and comic book/superhero movies never do: it upset the status quo. In this case, it upset a status quo that crossed over several movies and a tv show. They destroyed SHIELD.
It also helped that they gave Cap a villain he couldn't beat in the Winter Soldier, something else comic book/superhero movies never do.

It's great. It reads better if you read the "Thanos Quest" where he acquires the gems first because IG starts off with him already with the Infinity Gems.

Thanos Quest is one of the best comics out. He shits on the In-betweener and the elders of the universe. :lol::lol:

All for some dead pussy that he don't even get. :smh::smh:

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
Thanos Quest is one of the best comics out. He shits on the In-betweener and the elders of the universe. :lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That's what makes it work. As powerful as he is, he's not as powerful as many of the entities he has to take the gems from and still finds a way to take them, often tricking them into doing the work for him.

The part where he gets ultimate power and still can't have Death is the best part.

futureshock

Renegade of this atomic age
Registered
I'd like to see that fight play out in reality...all 2 seconds of it :lol:

shaddy: *pumps fists* what's good nig---

*vaporizing blast effect*

giphy.gif

:lol:

brehs can't even go toe-to-toe with mayweather or a washed up roy jones....talkin' bout they would whip a ruthless cosmic being with unlimited & unthinkable powers ass. I love my people.

WhenTheGoingGetsTtuff

Rising Star
Registered
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That's what makes it work. As powerful as he is, he's not as powerful as many of the entities he has to take the gems from and still finds a way to take them, often tricking them into doing the work for him.

The part where he gets ultimate power and still can't have Death is the best part.

And to top it off Death called him a Stalker.

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
brehs can't even go toe-to-toe with mayweather or a washed up roy jones....talkin' bout they would whip a ruthless cosmic being with unlimited & unthinkable powers ass. I love my people.

:lol: I'm remembering how badly thanos fucked everybody up :lol:

I'm about to dl the infinity gauntlet series...I haven't read it since it originally came out...I should've never thrown my comics out...so much good reading

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
She was nothing but a tease. Thanos was chasing the ultimate gold digging hoe. Dude killed half the universe for her and still didn't get any from her.

Sent from my Nexus 5

And had the nerve to fuck with DeadPool behind his back!! :lol::lol:

WhenTheGoingGetsTtuff

Rising Star
Registered
She was nothing but a tease. Thanos was chasing the ultimate gold digging hoe. Dude killed half the universe for her and still didn't get any from her.

Sent from my Nexus 5

In Wolverine a month back Death was talking to Wolverine. lol it was pretty funny.

Did anyone read the Thanos mini a few months back? They were trying to say Death's persona was only his subconscious? That's scarey shit.

Kadraven

Rising Star
Registered
Just got back from seeing it. Loved it. Wouldn't mind seeing it again.

The last thing I need for this plan to work

is that guys eye!!!!!!

Was one of my favorite lines of the movie. I don't know why but it had me laughing for awhile

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
And to top it off Death called him a Stalker.

Sent from my Nexus 5

You would think she would be happy somebody wanted that cold, bony ass.

In Wolverine a month back Death was talking to Wolverine. lol it was pretty funny.

Did anyone read the Thanos mini a few months back? They were trying to say Death's persona was only his subconscious? That's scarey shit.

The series right before "Infinity" by Aaron or another one? They've put out so much Thanos stuff lately, I can't keep track.

Rocky Miavia

LORD OF THE BOARD
BGOL Investor

Yep. Thanos is as bad as Crixus aka Slade "Deathstroke" Wilson on both TV shows. Motherfucka gonna try and end the galaxy over the affections of a bitch that won't even speak to him.
tumblr_mnymnljmBn1rphh9zo1_1280.jpg