Guardian of the Galaxy

inflewence

Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Good film. Watched it back to back in 3D and then Imax 3D. I thought everyone was cast perfectly except for Gamora. She was great to look at though so that kind of made up for it. Diesel did the motion capture for Groot along with the voice and if you looked at his face you could see Diesel's expressions. Batista surprised me. Chris Pratt was great casting and of course Rocket was perfect. Soundtrack was awesome.

All that being said, here's my Marvel movie rankings 1-5:

1. Cap 2 WS
2a. Guardians
2b. Avengers
3. Thor
4. Iron Man
5a. Cap 1
5b. Thor 2

My line up as well.

First movie my son saw that made him say he wants to go see it in the movies again. (Doesn't hold crazy weight he's 11 :lol: but I'm just saying)

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
Those links made me look up this forgot Ronin was on the ship with cap

I forgot how bad ass comic book Thor can be when he wants to.

TDCBXrt.jpg

ck5znMB.jpg

ssJwrtV.jpg

as3fPsd.jpg

QB09yok.jpg

Qh789wm.jpg

:dance::dance::dance:

monsterman

Rising Star
Registered
Anyone think the Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy will team up to fight Thanos... :dunno:

c91b2-thanos_vs_marvel_.jpg

Avengers, Guardians and muthafuckas who haven't even shown up yet.:lol:
Obviously no X-men which apparently FOX seems to value even more than StarWars. But I think Marvel will get the Fantastic 4 back and put them and others into the mix.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I hope they make Avengers 3,around there...:yes:

according to Marvel Studios it'll be at least 3 or 4 years before Avengers 3 is made..thatll give them enough time to get the SpiderMan/XMen/F4 rights :lol:

c91b2-thanos_vs_marvel_.jpg

Avengers, Guardians and muthafuckas who haven't even shown up yet.:lol:
Obviously no X-men which apparently FOX seems to value even more than StarWars. But I think Marvel will get the Fantastic 4 back and put them and others into the mix.

no Spider Man either thanks to Sony..

Lord T

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I thought I was the only one....He looked way different from the way he looked in the Avengers...

Everybody keep saying he looks the same,but I don't see it at all...:smh::smh::smh:

Thanos-Avengers.png

thanos-high-res.jpg

Was thinking the same thing.

Now Thanos is one of my all-time faves and am glad to see him on the big screen finally, but I do think the Avengers one looked more like him. Not to say that he's Star Wars Episode I Yoda fucked up, but a little tweaking here and there can make him perfect.

DamionPoitier_Wildcard%20Photography1b.jpg

MARVEL STUDIOS: Catching Up With Original Thanos Actor Damion Poitier
When we last spoke to Damion, the up-and-coming actor hoped he would play the Mad Titan in more Marvel Cinematic Universe adventures but it looks as if that's not to be. However, Damion has a lot more projects in development, including possibly portraying a different Marvel character.

Speaking to Blackfilm.com at SDCC 2014, actor Damion Poitier (who played Thanos in Joss Whedon's Avengers) gave his full support to Josh Brolin, who looks set to play the Mad Titan in his inevitable Avengers 3 showdown with Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk and the rest of the team. Said Damion on his initial discussions with Marvel about continuing in the role, " Initially, they just hired me as a facial figure. In terms of moving forward, I knew that was a question of what happened in between I got it and the next time they would need it. Unfortunately, we didn’t get the exposure we wanted in the interim, but it’s all good. We got good exposure from that scene and we’ll keep moving from there."

So does Damion feel any resentment towards Marvel after they turned to Brolin to officially play the role and Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn had his brother mo-cap Thanos on the Guardians set? "[Brolin's] going to kill it," said Damion. He continued, "They make smart choices over at Marvel. That’s one of the things that they do. They are always making intelligent choices on who they choose to do their roles."

But Damion is a longtime member of the Joss Whedon inner circle (having worked on Firefly, Dollhouse and Angel) so naturally he's not going to get left hanging by his boy. Since Poitier was pretty much unrecognizable in his Thanos portrayal, his camp and Marvel are discussing what other characters he could potentially play in the MCU. However, Poitier is wisely keeping those particulars under wraps. "Well, I’m talking to [Marvel] about [playing another character]. I don’t want to talk about that until such a time is permitted."

And if you recall from our 2012 interview with Damion, he's a life-long comic book fan with a massive collection. With that in mind, he has some pretty interesting choices for what other Marvel characters he'd like to see on the big screen following the box office success of Guardians of the Galaxy. " I have always been a big Nova fan. I like Night Thrasher. I’m also a Darkhawk fan. There are a lot of indie characters that are floating around at Marvel that have really interesting back-stories I would like to see come out. Now that they are going into television series like Netflix, there’s a good chance we might see some of these characters, so I’m excited about the whole thing."

Damion has been keeping busy since his Avengers appearance, guest spotting on Justified, Real Husbands of Hollywood, and starring in the web series Geek Cred; as well as doing mo-cap and voice-over work for Halo: The Master Chief Collection and Lost Planet 3. Hopefully, he can continue to get more and more exposure from his work and we'll actually get to see Damion's face in his next Marvel outing.

Lord T

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
according to Marvel Studios it'll be at least 3 or 4 years before Avengers 3 is made..
Looks like 2018 will be the date

'Avengers 3' Release Date Won't Arrive Until 2018, Says Marvel Head Kevin Feige
Shortly before San Diego Comic-Con, Marvel claimed the May 4, 2018 release date — a possible landing spot for the "Avengers 3," according to comments made by Marvel head Kevin Feige.

In an interview with Comic Book Resources, Feige didn't exactly confirm this date, but did say that fans should expect the third "Avengers" film to release three years after 2015's "Age of Ultron:"

Like Us on Facebook
"Well, we haven't really talked about when we'd see 'Avengers 3.' I presume we'd like to stick to three years between Avengers movies like we did [between the first and second]. So it will probably be three years between 'Avengers 2' and 'Avengers 3.'"

Although Marvel has also claimed July 6, 2018 and November 2, 2018 release dates, as Cinema Blend notes, these aren't on the same level of the first weekend of May.

"Avengers 2," of course, is set to hit theaters on May 1, 2015.

In the same interview with the CBR at Comic-Con, Feige also suggested that Thanos isn't in the plans for "Avengers: Age of Ultron" — or is he?

"He's not a part of Avengers 2. I think Thanos kind of does what he wants, shows up where he wants to. And I'm not going to tell him otherwise, so you don't know exactly. Smirking at the end of the first Avengers. But you know, we're still making Avengers 2, so nothing's definitive one way or the other, actually."

As Cinema Blend notes, Feige's response could mean the character will be needed for an "Avengers 3," or heck, maybe he will just find his way into the sequel, anyway:

"What's interesting about Thanos is that villains get no bigger than him. So if the Avengers face off against him in Age Of Ultron, what do you do for a potentially trilogy-ending third film? Part two not only sounds like it will belong to Ultron, but it also sounds like Ultron's not about sharing the spotlight with any other villains. Then again, Marvel tinkers with their films until the very last minute, so, again, Feige is being coy when he leave open the possibility that Thanos might show up and at least talk in Age Of Ultron."

"Avengers: Age of Ultron" stars Robert Downey Jr. (Iron Man), Chris Evans (Captain America), Mark Ruffalo (Hulk), Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye), Chris Hemsworth (Thor) and Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow). Other actors featured in the film include Cobie Smulders (Maria Hill), Aaron Taylor-Johnson (Quicksilver), Elizabeth Olsen (Scarlet Witch), Paul Bettany (The Vision), Samuel L. Jackson (Nick Fury), Andy Serkis and James Spader (Ultron).

Lord T

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
gamora-top-100564.jpg

Guardians Of The Galaxy Had Highest Percentage Of Female Viewers Of Any Marvel Studios Movie
The biggest opening weekend ever in August at the U.S. box office wasn’t the only record that James Gunn’s phenomenal Guardians of the Galaxy broke this weekend. According to Box Office Mojo, Guardians of the Galaxy set a new record for percentage of female viewers for a Marvel Studios film.

Based on exit polling, the Guardians of the Galaxy’s audience consisted of 44 percent female viewers, which is the biggest share ever among Marvel Cinematic Universe movies. The previous record holder was The Avengers, which drew in 40 percent female viewers.

It’s a huge win for Marvel Studios and shows that the appeal of their films isn't limited to just male viewers, which typically are rumored to make up the majority of audiences for superhero and sci-fi films. With the growing female audience, hopefully it will also help in pushing forward a solo superhero movie with a female lead.

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is scheduled to be released in movie theaters on July 28, 2017.

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
So, who's more powerful between da two, Thanos or Apocalypse???

Seriously?

Dude, Thanos.

Apocalypse is feared on Earth, Thanos is feared throughout the universe.

Thanos has gone head up against Thor's dad, Galactus. Pimp slapped Drax and Hulk at the same time.(Class 100 Drax with cosmic powers) He's beaten the Silver Surfer to deaths doorstep and brought him to her. :lol::lol:

3199310-1204150227-Thano.jpg

Lord T

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So, who's more powerful between da two, Thanos or Apocalypse???
Thanos, and that is without the Infinity Gauntlet. That's not to say that Apocalypse is a bitch (which he obviously is not), that's just stating what level Thanos is on

Thanos: Thanos is a mutant member of the race of superhumans known as the Titanian Eternals. The character possesses abilities common to the Eternals, but in some cases far beyond any other known member of his race; acquired through a combination of his mutant Eternal heritage, bionic amplification, mysticism, and the entity Death. He has demonstrated enormous superhuman strength, stamina, and particularly durability; is able to absorb and project vast quantities of cosmic energy; is virtually ageless; does not need food or oxygen; and is capable of certain telekinesis, as well as limited telepathy and matter manipulation. The advanced technology within his transportation chairs includes force field projection, time travel, movement through alternate universes, space flight, and teleportation over interstellar distances

Apocalypse: Apocalypse possesses several superhuman powers rather than a singular mutant ability, unlike other mutants. He further augmented himself by Celestial technology, though it is unclear if these enhancements granted him any additional powers beyond what he already possessed. His powers appear to change according to the story's need and/or the creative team's desires; Apocalypse was initially portrayed as a shape-shifter with the ability to teleport himself and others over unknown distances, but his powers have been greatly expanded since then, and he has displayed immense strength, near invulnerability, rapid regeneration, energy absorption and projection. He has also been shown to resist telepathic attacks, changing his body's molecular structure and use limited telepathic and telekinetic capabilities.

Thanos matter manipulation wouldn't work on Apocalypse. Apocalypse has the advantage in telepathy. Celestial tech is a plus too. The Cosmic energy absorption could keep Apocalypse in the fight for a while, but overall Thanos would eventually overwhelm him.

Lord T

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Seriously?

Dude, Thanos.

Apocalypse is feared on Earth, Thanos is feared throughout the universe.

Thanos has gone head up against Thor's dad, Galactus. Pimp slapped Drax and Hulk at the same time.(Class 100 Drax with cosmic powers) He's beaten the Silver Surfer to deaths doorstep and brought him to her. :lol::lol:

3199310-1204150227-Thano.jpg
Yep!
443105-fight122ve6.jpg

443106-fight123xe2.jpg

Caught ex-Galactus herald Terrax's Axe (no one ever did that before)
440945-strength10qh7.jpg

He's fighting Champion who has the Power Gem
3499609-thanos_avoid_hulk_thanos_quest1_1990.jpg

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
Thanos, and that is without the Infinity Gauntlet. That's not to say that Apocalypse is a bitch (which he obviously is not), that's just stating what level Thanos is on

Thanos matter manipulation wouldn't work on Apocalypse. Apocalypse has the advantage in telepathy. Celestial tech is a plus too. The Cosmic energy absorption could keep Apocalypse in the fight for a while, but overall Thanos would eventually overwhelm him.

They have recently amped Apocalype way up.If Thanos wanted, he'd make En Sabah Nur his bitch. Thanos cloned Galactus man, that's crazy technology since technically Galactus isn't even a physical being in the classic sense. :yes:

Lord T

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They have recently amped Apocalype way up.If Thanos wanted, he'd make En Sabah Nur his bitch. Thanos cloned Galactus man, that's crazy technology since technically Galactus isn't even a physical being in the classic sense. :yes:
:yes:

Al Smith

Rogue Mod
OG Investor

So true.. he cloned Galactus so that he could learn his weaknesses.. Remember what he did to the Fallen One.. and he was also one of the main actors in the Annihilation Wave... If Marvel was smart.. they could do a 3 part Infinity Gems like the Lord of the Rings...

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
So true.. he cloned Galactus so that he could learn his weaknesses.. Remember what he did to the Fallen One.. and he was also one of the main actors in the Annihilation Wave... If Marvel was smart.. they could do a 3 part Infinity Gems like the Lord of the Rings...

They really need at least the FF back to do this Justice.

They don't have the Skrulls, Galactus, The Heralds, Annihilus, without them. :smh:

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
Good film. Watched it back to back in 3D and then Imax 3D. I thought everyone was cast perfectly except for Gamora. She was great to look at though so that kind of made up for it. Diesel did the motion capture for Groot along with the voice and if you looked at his face you could see Diesel's expressions. Batista surprised me. Chris Pratt was great casting and of course Rocket was perfect. Soundtrack was awesome.

All that being said, here's my Marvel movie rankings 1-5:

1. Cap 2 WS
2a. Guardians
2b. Avengers
3. Thor
4. Iron Man
5a. Cap 1
5b. Thor 2

Mine listing too.

My line up as well.

First movie my son saw that made him say he wants to go see it in the movies again. (Doesn't hold crazy weight he's 11 :lol: but I'm just saying)

:lol::lol:

The closest to that is the Infinity series from the 90s (Gauntlet, War, Crusade, Abyss)

Plus Thanos is the superior strategist.

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I admit i mainly knew about The Guardians of the Galaxy by reading their character bio's in
The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe volumes over the years,but this film boldly introduces them and makes each character unforgettable.GOTG gives you just enough backstory to the characters to establish a foundation in which you care about them.Chris Pratt is great as Peter Quill/Star-Lord a combination of Indiana Jones,Buck Rogers and Luke Skywalker.If Quill is Skywalker then Rocket Raccoon(voiced by Bradley Cooper) is definitely Han Solo and Groot (voiced by Vin Diesel) is definitely Chewbacca.The Guardians also include the assassin Gamora (Zoe Saldana) and the revenge seeking Drax the Destroyer(Dave Bautista)
The story is pretty basic but there is great dialogue and one liners galore as they try to attain a powerful orb for different reasons.Pratt is great as Quill,a character that is always on,even when he's sincerely heroic,he's always working another angle.Bautista is also quite good as the tough but literal dead panning Drax.Saldana is great as usual,she can likely do these tough action heroine roles in her sleep by now.Rocket and Groot wow through great voice work and CGI,they actually made me care about digitally made characters.
The only minor weakness the film has is the villain.Ronan the Accuser (Lee Pace if your not watching him in AMC's Halt and Catch Fire you are missing out!!) is pretty much one note and i wish he had been more menacing.
Director James Gunn brilliantly brings this section of the Marvel Universe to life along with some great co writing by Nicole Perlman.It's a part of the Marvel Universe i want to see more of on the big screen...hopefully sooner than later.
What a fun movie!!!!
Scale of 1-10 a 9

A lot of fun,great characters and oh if they hook up with The Avengers on the big screen = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$