HOUSE OF THE DRAGON: orgies, gore and family feuds in ‘Game of Thrones’ prequel

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
she still looks too young .. i'm kinda glad they didn't show them lol
This will be her last week on the show... Now we get to see this as the new Queen. Do you wanna see them tits? :o

220707_RachellSmith_HOTD_Emma03_0118.jpg

House-of-the-Dragon.jpg

shonuff

Rising Star
Registered
What conspiracy?
You talking pedo stuff?

Shes supposed to be a minor, kings wife a minor. There's no agenda?

Why they had to write that in?
I don't see the significance but whatever.
uhhh she isnt a "minor"..... thats the whole point - the time that they are living in ( which is like it was only maybe a century ago even here ) you could be married off to someone at 13

in the story shes 17 - in real life shes 22 - the show is based on the mores that occured all over the world at that time period - a "minor " was a person less that 12 .... 12 and older you were considered an adult.

younggiftedandblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
From Reddit: This is why I chuckle a bit when I see people saying they're going too fast and that they don't like the timeskips. In the books, everything we've seen so far is like 2, maybe 3 pages. They're actually taking time to flesh out the characters, their personalities and their motives before the show really kicks off. We have A LOT of story ahead of us. I'm not sure if 3-4 seasons will even be enough. :eek2:

I never read the book, but it looks like we should have a few more seasons coming out.

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
Everyone is messing up this week :smh:
So the princess told a bold face lie in the God's woods while standing right in front of the Heart Tree. And she put that lie on the memory of her dead mother. And she told that lie to someone who lost their mother.... and that wasn't even in the worst or craziest thing she did in just the last week.

Yeah she definitely fucking up.

And not for enough, but if the King really wanted to sow up the division with House Valerian while also hurting Damien. It seems like a better long-term plan would have been making the Sea Snake the new Hand.

That way he'd gained a direct line to a powerful ally while also robbing Damien of his partner in crime. Doing a marriage alliance gains him nothing and gives Drirkmark & Dragonstone an easy way to get up to shit without King's Landing ever knowing.

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
The only thing I dislike about this show is the feminist bullshit.

For eg.

Rhanera was upset some old guy wanted to marry her like she forgot what fucking century she live in.

She also was shocked her father was upset his daugnter was fucking around in a brothel. I mean really, did she bump her head?
Shitty writing.

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
This will be her last week on the show... Now we get to see this as the new Queen. Do you wanna see them tits? :o

220707_RachellSmith_HOTD_Emma03_0118.jpg

House-of-the-Dragon.jpg

You said she has a rep as a great actress, right?

For eg.

Rhanera was upset some old guy wanted to marry her like she forgot what fucking century she live in.

She also was shocked her father was upset his daugnter was fucking around in a brothel. I mean really, did she bump her head?

It's just adding another perspective. You've never considered how a young girl like that would feel being forced to get married to some old man she doesn't know? Ever really talked to a woman from one of those Middle Eastern or South Asian cultures where they still do that? It's an interesting convo if they choose to confide in you.

ghoststrike

Rising Star
Platinum Member
yooo when I saw that I was like WTF lil man won that tussle?? Hire his loco ass! Remember this one?

mgot_header_s8_interview_lyanna_1024x576.5.jpg

Nuff said

Mr. Lengthy
Those 2 are the definition of BG down for they houses and will ride on you

Lady Mormont of Bear Island was a bad ass who called other Lords out on their bullshit and had no fear on the battle field. One of my favorite characters

Last edited:

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor

It's just adding another perspective. You've never considered how a young girl like that would feel being forced to get married to some old man she doesn't know? Ever really talked to a woman from one of those Middle Eastern or South Asian cultures where they still do that? It's an interesting convo if they choose to confide in you.

Not if this is the norm. This is a medieval era type show, no one is going to think twice of a old guy marrying a 14 year old. So she acting like this was weird for the old guy to try to marry her was out of place. BTW, fucking one's uncle is ok but an older guy ewwww.

ghoststrike

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Until that cringe-worthy wight giant kill! :smh:

She stabbed the wight giant with dragon glass in her final moments and died an honorable death on the battlefield. That's consistent with her character. I'm cool with that. Regarding the overall storyline, GRRM should not have allowed the show-runners to do their own thing for Seasons 7 and 8 but GOT was great over all.

Last edited:

VAiz4hustlaz

BGOL Investor
She stabbed the wight giant with dragon glass in her final moments and died an honorable death on the battlefield. That's consistent with her character. I'm cool with that. Regarding the overall storyline, GRRM should not have allowed the show-runners to do their own thing for Seasons 7 and 8 but GOT was great over all.

Yeah, consistent with her "tough" character I guess......but also consistent with how poorly Season 8 played out. That scene (and Arya killing the Night King) are more in line with what Flawless is talking about than Rhaenyra's behavior.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor

Was thinking the same thing watching this recap

ghoststrike

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yeah, consistent with her "tough" character I guess......but also consistent with how poorly Season 8 played out. That scene (and Arya killing the Night King) are more in line with what Flawless is talking about than Rhaenyra's behavior.

I'm not disputing how the ball was dropped with the last season of GOT at all, fam. GRRM deserved that critique backlash.

The unchecked show runners dropped the ball with Season 8 of GOT, including the Night King, after so much build up. The battle should have ended in King's Landing but they opted to toss Daenerys as the final antagonist. It was way too rushed. GRRM even admitted he initially planned for Season 8 to have more episodes. It's why GRRM is making sure he stays involved with HOTD in lieu of allowing show runners to go rogue. Those critiques of Season 8 got to him, personally.

VAiz4hustlaz

BGOL Investor
The unchecked show runners dropped the ball with Season 8 of GOT, including the Night King, after so much build up. The battle should have ended in King's Landing but they opted to toss Daenerys as the final antagonist. It was way too rushed. It's why GRRM is making sure he stays involved with HOTD in lieu of allowing show runners to go rogue. Those critiques of Season 8 got to him, personally.

He's also said that Daemon is probably his favorite character of all the ones he's created.

shonuff

Rising Star
Registered

For eg.

she wasnt upset that old and very young noblemen wanted to marry her - shes upset that she has to do it and she doesnt want to -

and her father wasnt upset that she went to a brothel - her father was upset because she continually makes decisiosn to do things without considering the long term reprecussions - shes not married yet and is a virgin - if it gets around in noble circles that shes fucking then it lowers her ability to being paired off to the best choice for a political marriage which hurts her acension - its why he says to her "it doesnt matter what teh truth is what matters is perception"

she doesnt understand that fact - when shes in the crowd she says "what does it matter what the people think " but we all know from even GOT ( Cersi learned exactly how important it is what the crowd says/thinks of her actions ....)

the ultimate point of this episode is no matter how powerful she is or any of these women are, Alicent , Rhey, her aunt , they still have L's that they have to take in living their life - thats what Daemon meant when he essentially says "the world is terrible- YOLO"

the queen ( her friend alicent ) is essentially a baby making factory - Rhey says that shoit about how tragic it must be to be locke in a castle just making babies - and then she realizes how fucked up what she said was because that was alicents life - alicent cant go off and ride dragons or sneak around in the city shes never been able to do what she wants to do - she was just a pawn for her fathers ambitions and now shes just a consort making ababies that cant even take rank since Rhey is the stated heir

Rhey is the next in line to take the crown but at every turn its being dictated to her what she must do from other people who are her "subordinates" - none of these women have any real agency - what ever happiness or satisfaction they can have is ultimately dependant on other people ....

this is not to say that the men are in any better position - Viserys at least TRIES to make decisions with other interests in mind Daemon doesnt give a fuck about really WHAT decisions he makes since he puts only his satisfaction first which everyone realizes is a bad fucking king ( ie King Joffery who was a shitty terrible selfish mean spirited prick ) Daemon is not as mean as Joffery, but he could be.

shonuff

Rising Star
Registered
Hey fellas (Book Readers) what is that disease that's eating up the kang?
they never say - its the belief that the throne rejects and hurts those who arent worthy of it - its not a very comfortable seat since its made out of pointed and edged melted down swords....

in reality ? probably he has diabetes since he gets wounds that dont heal and become infected .....which is something that really happens to you when you have diabetes.....he drinks a lot and is really skinny despite eating which is what can occur when you have really out of control diabetes - your body ceases to make body fat .......

OR

maybe he is being poisoned by someone who stands to gain once he does die....

Hightower got his job because the guy before him who was one of the biggest and strongest men in the Realm died from a
'burst belly " 5 days after getting the job - Otto who was really a nobody the got the tap .....Otto is trying to do shit to make it so HIS grandson gets to be the king not Rhey as Viserys has said it should go......he was the one who stands to gain if rhey is "despoiled" ( ie not a "virgin" for any prospective husband to wed and be the kings consort ) and maybe force viserys to then make his grandson the heir thus breaking his vow to rhey that he would never replace her.....the quiet thing that isnt said out loud is , he wont replace her unless she gives him a reason to replace her.

Daemon wants to be King - he just cant decide how badly he wants it since he isnt quite willing to kill his niece (and the new wife of the king and now the new baby Aegon ) to be king...but he is willing to fuck her ( if he could only get it up since he has limp dick and he actually may care about her since shes family )

kidmegaii

Medium well
BGOL Investor
He should of finished the book, he's partly responsible for the shitty ending.

shonuff

Rising Star
Registered
Not if this is the norm. This is a medieval era type show, no one is going to think twice of a old guy marrying a 14 year old. So she acting like this was weird for the old guy to try to marry her was out of place. BTW, fucking one's uncle is ok but an older guy ewwww.
just because its the norm doesnt mean they are supposed to be happy with it - damn dude this is one of the key points - you like them dudes only seeing shit from YOUR perspective because to you there is no downside to the choices

and of course "conformity"

at what point does an individual have to conform to a situation and place what they want secondary to whats best for others.

viserys wants to have the love of his brother but his brother is a fucking wild card

daemon wants to be king but he doesnt want to betray family especially his brother ( you see that shit when he tells the the Sea Snake you and me are down but watch your mouth and put some respeck in talking about my brother because thats MY brother not just the King)

otto wants his kid to be king despite what viserys has pointedly said taht he wants Rhey to inherit - otto is betraying his oath as the hand to act in the best interest of the realm and to always be loyal first and foremost to the king .....

alicanet has been fucking up her hands since the beginning because she is stressed about the life she has to live - shes a noble woman at court hell now shes THE most powerful woman in the nation - yet still has nothing but shitty choices ...shes not even actually being what she is supposed to be worth since her kids cant inherit the throne

code_pirahna

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So the princess told a bold face lie in the God's woods while standing right in front of the Heart Tree. And she put that lie on the memory of her dead mother. And she told that lie to someone who lost their mother.... and that wasn't even in the worst or craziest thing she did in just the last week.

Yeah she definitely fucking up.

And not for enough, but if the King really wanted to sow up the division with House Valerian while also hurting Damien. It seems like a better long-term plan would have been making the Sea Snake the new Hand.

That way he'd gained a direct line to a powerful ally while also robbing Damien of his partner in crime. Doing a marriage alliance gains him nothing and gives Drirkmark & Dragonstone an easy way to get up to shit without King's Landing ever knowing.
All this