HOUSE OF THE DRAGON: orgies, gore and family feuds in ‘Game of Thrones’ prequel

sharkbait28

Unionize & Prepare For Automation
International Member
Thread on page 15 off 3 episodes, at the very least it’s entertaining enough to warrant an extended discussion. It’s worth a watch if you’re a fan of the series overall.
Its OK
Living off the original series imo
I loved how they handled the crabfedder storyline.
Even in the books he was never really supposed to be an important character. He was just the stepping stone for Deamon to show the realm that he really is that dude. To that point, I dug the hell out of them not showing the fight. Seeing Deamon go in the cave bloody and battered and then emerge minutes later covered in blood and dragging a torso was all you need. He didn't even bother pulling the arrow out of his shoulder :lol:

If people thought Deamon was smelling himself before, just wait until he roll back into King's Landing as a war victor. His ego is going to be visible from space in the next episode.

The show is great! My biggest concern are people who 'hated' the last season of GoT so much that they'll either never giving this show a chance or write bad reviews without even bothering to watch.

If it helps, a lot of the dialogue is lifted directly from the books, so like feels more like first few seasons of GoT when George RR Martin was still heavily involved in the scripts. And the story is much more contained so they're not spending time jumping all over the world to a million different sub-plots that may or may not be successfully wrapped up. Most of this story takes place in King's Landing and all the sub-plots are moving in the same direction.

Respect brethren! I haven't seen some of y'all good brothers post for a minute and I appreciate the thoughtful responses fr. I'mma prob let this shit build up for another 5 or 6 eps before watching so I can binge it and/or exert some will over any lazy ass writing/production and just quit lol. Life is short brethren and it's SO much content to consume/make out here. Peace my dudes.

Riggz

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Skipped all comments to avoid spoilers: Is this shit any good? Loved GOT but hated a lot of the last season like everyone else. Is this worth the time investment so far?

I feel like almost everyone is in the same boat with liking the first seasons and disliking the later seasons when they didn't have the books as source material. You definitely should give it a chance especially if you liked the earlier seasons of GoT.

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
I'm really loving the chance to see the King live his day-to-day life in the Red Keep.
GoT didn't feature any scenes or direct refers to Kings cutting themselves on the throne, which was supposed to be consistent worry every time the King sits. Had it be me, I'd lost a finger before I willing bathed that bitch in a bowl of maggots. It was just a pinky.
It would have been nice to see Cersei or Dany cut themselves on the throne showing that it rejected them.

Watching this show also makes me think of Robert's rule as king. I'm shocked that Cersei didn't have him killed sooner.
Can you imagine Robert sitting through a mummer's farce of a King's hunt like that. Where he sits in a prepared tent while still having to deal with politics. Meanwhile 20 plus huntsmen and hounds do all the real hunting. That whole thing was basically a ball at the court without the throne room. Robert's drinking and whoring ways should have done him YEARS ago! Kinda shocked that it didn't all on it's own.

Overall the show is doing a great job showing how much it sucks to be in the royal family. The King may be able to do whatever he wants, but he also has a mountain of bullshit customs to uphold. It honestly doesn't seems like it worth the stress half the time.

Both actresses of the Princess & the Queen are fantastic. They managed to do a master class at acting with their faces without really having to say too much.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
Hey fellas (Book Readers) what is that disease that's eating up the kang?
Being cut from the iron throne has basically given him infection

This isn't a spoiler they have been hinting at it during his treatments.

In a nutshell, King Viserys injuries are from the Iron Throne. The jagged edges are likely causing cuts that are then becoming infected, possibly leading to a condition (at least in the case of his finger) called "necrotising fasciitis", which the NHS says can lead to black blotches and blisters on the skin and may require "surgery to remove the infected area." It's a condition that, if it isn't treated properly, can turn fatal.

dysentery-died-of.jpg

Thegooch

The Devil killed Heist & giggled about it @ brunch
Registered
I like what they are doing with Daemon. I kinda get Homelander vibes from The Boys with him. Started out as an easy character to dislike, because he was setup to be the "bad guy"...but now you kinda sympathize with him in a way. Definitely a complex character. Some really good writing going on.

This is why I was laughing at folks asking me why I like Daemon. Sometimes its hard not to spill the beans.

Wonder how sone yall gone feel when he goes in full fuck dem kids mode. LOL!! Daemon be outside like he don't give a fuck.

Thegooch

Registered
Being cut from the iron throne has basically given him infection

This isn't a spoiler they have been hinting at it during his treatments.

In a nutshell, King Viserys injuries are from the Iron Throne. The jagged edges are likely causing cuts that are then becoming infected, possibly leading to a condition (at least in the case of his finger) called "necrotising fasciitis", which the NHS says can lead to black blotches and blisters on the skin and may require "surgery to remove the infected area." It's a condition that, if it isn't treated properly, can turn fatal.

dysentery-died-of.jpg
The Maesters are bout as competent as the country Hospitals back in the 80s.

The cuts hes suffering are part of the lore stating tge Throne rejects those who arent ment to sit there.

Viserys decisions or lack thereof
are going to have big consequences. Meaning he probably was a bad choice as King. If you haven't noticed Viserys is very self loathing of his position and doesn't make political decisions that are best for the relm.

Unfortunately his inability to handle his family is going to hurt the entire relm and have and impact that will last centuries. So the Throne is basically like get this bitch ass nigga off me. He aint built for this.

Thegooch

Registered
I loved how they handled the crabfedder storyline.
Even in the books he was never really supposed to be an important character. He was just the stepping stone for Deamon to show the realm that he really is that dude. To that point, I dug the hell out of them not showing the fight. Seeing Deamon go in the cave bloody and battered and then emerge minutes later covered in blood and dragging a torso was all you need. He didn't even bother pulling the arrow out of his shoulder :lol:

If people thought Deamon was smelling himself before, just wait until he roll back into King's Landing as a war victor. His ego is going to be visible from space in the next episode.

The show is great! My biggest concern are people who 'hated' the last season of GoT so much that they'll either never giving this show a chance or write bad reviews without even bothering to watch.

If it helps, a lot of the dialogue is lifted directly from the books, so like feels more like first few seasons of GoT when George RR Martin was still heavily involved in the scripts. And the story is much more contained so they're not spending time jumping all over the world to a million different sub-plots that may or may not be successfully wrapped up. Most of this story takes place in King's Landing and all the sub-plots are moving in the same direction.

This is my issue. GOT and HOD are two completely different entities. The only thing in common are the Targaryens.

If you have an issue with the end being predetermined then I vant point out how many shows started strong and fizzed out due to Hollywood politics.

HOD was finished by GRRM and is historical fact in Relm history. The show will only clarify things in the book that were left to the imagination or details were left out.

So unless you have an issue with the acting or presentation, the only people who should have an issue are people who dont like fanstasy stories or people you can never make happy.

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
This is my issue. GOT and HOD are two completely different entities. The only thing in common are the Targaryens.

If you have an issue with the end being predetermined then I vant point out how many shows started strong and fizzed out due to Hollywood politics.

HOD was finished by GRRM and is historical fact in Relm history. The show will only clarify things in the book that were left to the imagination or details were left out.

So unless you have an issue with the acting or presentation, the only people who should have an issue are people who dont like fanstasy stories or people you can never make happy.
Preach!
I love both shows as individual entities & as a shared universe.
I found it hilarious that people are still so mad at a TV show they they won't even give this one a chance.
I personally love getting to see the realm at the height of it's power.

I beginning rewatching season one over the weekend and you can really feel the difference in the world building. The Westero in GoT was a broke ass country on the verge of civil war. The Westero in HoD is full of color and wealth and the display of Targargyen power.

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
I've read all three version of this story and I still wasn't expecting some of the events in the past episode.
This must be the based on the Testimony of Mushroom :rolleyes:

dawilleyone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hey fellas (Book Readers) what is that disease that's eating up the kang?
This whole infection thing with Viserys is an invention of the show. Wasn't in the source material at all. He does die relatively young tho so maybe they are using the illness to show how he died.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
The only thing I dislike about this show is the feminist bullshit.

For eg.

Rhanera was upset some old guy wanted to marry her like she forgot what fucking century she live in.

She also was shocked her father was upset his daugnter was fucking around in a brothel. I mean really, did she bump her head?