HOUSE OF THE DRAGON: orgies, gore and family feuds in ‘Game of Thrones’ prequel

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Alicent didn’t train to be Lara Croft and Wonder Woman only to be a baby making queen for an old man.

No wonder she’s pissed.

307856779_10224947383344903_5795387303417251739_n.jpg

Carey identifies as queer and uses "she/they" pronouns.[27] Carey helped The Children's Trust launch the #MyBrave campaign.

This is where is it all probably started
She was scouted by an agent when she was eight.She was invited by Michael Xavier, whom she met through The Sound of Music, to take weekend acting classes at his MX Masterclass, of which she is now a patron.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Wait, even this one is a homo?
Carey identifies as queer and uses "she/they" pronouns.[27] Carey helped The Children's Trust launch the #MyBrave campaign.

This is where is it all probably started
She was scouted by an agent when she was eight.She was invited by Michael Xavier, whom she met through The Sound of Music, to take weekend acting classes at his MX Masterclass, of which she is now a patron.

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Well this episode is definitely where they drifted off from the source material. All the machinations that led to the scene at the end felt clumsy to me.

Why is the King of Westeros going to Lord Valyrions home turf? Is it just to show us more how weak and ill Visery's is?

The sequence where Cristian Cole tells on himself felt forced. Why would Alicent question him about what she did with Daemon? There's no reasonable expectation that he would know or that if he knew he would tell. Lazy writing here.

How Laenor's boyfriend is able to instantly figure out Christian Cole as Rhaenary's lover is a bit of stretch. Him needlessly provoking him is even more of a stretch.

Are we really supposed to care that this guy died if it didn't change anything about what happened?

The stages is set now though for people to pick sides Team Green vs Team Dragon. I hope Laenor and and Laena Velaryon end up with better endings than they had in the book.
Why did Daemon kill his wife?

dawilleyone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Why did Daemon kill his wife?
She died somewhat mysteriously in the source material. The show decided to make it explicit that Daemon did it for some reason.

I think this show is trying to impersonate the Game of Thrones by making all the major character deaths over the top in order to create a buzz. The problem is in GOT, Martin wrote those deaths that way. In HOTD the show writers are taking a narrative that records certain characters deaths and try to make them "extra"

For example, there's no reason why they made Laena commit suicide by Dragon fire other than it hasn't been done before.

I wonder if they are going to make Viserys die in some "spectacular" way too. SMH

In the book he
died in his sleep

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
Shitty writing, I have a feeling this show is going to end up with a crappy ending just like the last show. :smh:

It's actually not "shitty writing". They set up that he didn't want to be married to her and that he viewed her as something keeping him from being happy. Something he did out of obligation to a political order he had been exiled from. So why did he need to stay married to her?

See also setups and payoffs which is a basic building block of writing for TV or movies.

This also set up him being able to marry someone with Targaryen blood - which he also said was his goal.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
It's actually not "shitty writing". They set up that he didn't want to be married to her and that he viewed her as something keeping him from being happy. Something he did out of obligation to a political order he had been exiled from. So why did he need to stay married to her?

See also setups and payoffs which is a basic building block of writing for TV or movies.

This also set up him being able to marry someone with Targaryen blood - which he also said was his goal.

His goal? He has his family traveling around in Pentus doing exhibition dragon fly bys like he is FLoyd Mayweather in Dubai.

I think he Killed the chic which would open him to marry Rhaenyra but the writers for some reason didn't show much of that. I dont think there was any plan for him to marry the black dread either.

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
His goal? He has his family traveling around in Pentus doing exhibition dragon fly bys like he is FLoyd Mayweather in Dubai.

I think he Killed the chic which would open him to marry Rhaenyra but the writers for some reason didn't show much of that. I dont think there was any plan for him to marry the black dread either.

But he knew he wanted to marry someone else. He threw out the idea of having two wives like his ancestor that was shot down. So the thing keeping him from marrying someone that could further his ambitions was the woman he was currently married to... AND he would inherit her part of her family wealth.

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member
But he knew he wanted to marry someone else. He threw out the idea of having two wives like his ancestor that was shot down. So the thing keeping him from marrying someone that could further his ambitions was the woman he was currently married to... AND he would inherit her part of her family wealth.
But wait... Hol' up.. you said: "further his ambitions"

But this is where I get confused about Daemon.
And I have to ask myself... "What ARE his ambitions?" :confused:

Does he want to rule the 7 kingdoms? :dunno: Or does he just want to be rich? :dunno:
Or does he just want to fuck his niece Rhaenyra? :dunno: Or does he want his niece to rule the 7 kingdoms instead of himself? :dunno:

This is what makes his character confusing, to me. :confused:

Daemon kills the Crabfeeder... and wins the Battle of the Stepstones.... so they crown him as "King of the Narrow Sea" (which is not a part of the 7 kingdoms)... then he relinquishes this crown, title and kingdom to his brother Viserys... WHY? :dunno: If he wants to rule the 7 kingdoms eventually... why relinquish any land or any titles at all? His brother Viserys didn't care about that area. He probaby would have let him keep it.

But then he goes and murders his wife in the Vale. :confused:
And tells her cousin (Ser Gerold Royce) at the wedding ceremony... that he's coming to take over Runestone.... which IS part of the 7 kingdoms.

So is Daemon gonna take over Runestone.... then gift it to his brother Viserys... just like he did with the Stepstones? :dunno:
Or is he gonna keep Runestone for himself? :dunno:

Why claim a part of the 7 kingdoms for yourself... but give an area that is not part of the 7 kingdoms to your brother... who is the King and controls EVERYTHING anyway.... except for the area you just fought 3 years for? :dunno:

Ok, so Dameon wants to fuck / marry his niece... and he has a dragon... and knows how to use secret passages to slip her out of the Red Keep without being noticed by anyone... so why didn't he just come get her & whisk her away on the back of his dragon to Dragonstone & call it a day?

Is it because he wants her to sit the Iron Throne & rule the 7 kingdoms MORE than he wants to fuck /marry her? :dunno:

Instead, he marries Lord Corlys' daughter and has a gang of kids with her.
Because he wants to be wealthy? Instead of ruling the 7 kingdoms? :dunno:

It may seem simplistic, or but the point I am trying to make is..... take Lord Peytr Baelish for example.

- Littlefinger's ultimate goal was to sit on the Iron Throne and rule the 7 kingdoms. :yes:
- Even if it meant... "Littlefinger would see this country burn if he could be king of the ashes". :yes:
- He amassed land & titles.. and never gave anything back.
- But he ALSO wanted fuck / marry Sansa Stark. :yes:
- However, he would never TRADE his chance to sit on the Iron Throne... for Sansa Stark.

Littlefinger's objectives were pretty clear.
The Iron Throne was ALWAYS his primary goal.
Everything else was secondary. (Even Sansa)
He wanted it all... but if he had to choose "just one".... it would be The Iron Throne. Nothing else.

But Daemon is not as clear. Sure he might want everything...
But if he had to choose "just one"... between gaining wealth, land & titles... or fucking his niece.... or sitting on the Iron Throne...

I really dunno WHICH ONE he would choose first. :dunno:
(Or which one he would give up for the other. :dunno:)

Do you think the Iron Throne is important to Daemon? Like it was to Littlefinger? Just curious.
If so, do you think the Iron Throne is MORE important to Daemon than fucking / marrying his niece?

I can't call it. :dunno:
I dunno what Daemon's ultimate objective is. :smh:

If you do... Help me out. :dunno:
Need an assist.

Salute.

Last edited:

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor

Does he want to rule the 7 kingdoms? :dunno: Or does he just want to be rich? :dunno:
Or does he just want to fuck his niece Rhaenyra? :dunno: Or does he want his niece to rule the 7 kingdoms instead of himself? :dunno:

Daemon kills the Crabfeeder... and wins the Battle of the Stepstones.... so they crown him as "King of the Narrow Sea" (which is not a part of the 7 kingdoms)... then he relinquishes this crown, title and kingdom to his brother Viserys... WHY? :dunno: If he wants to rule the 7 kingdoms eventually... why relinquish any land or any titles at all? His brother Viserys didn't care about that area. He probaby would have let him keep it.

And tells her cousin (Ser Gerold Royce) at the wedding ceremony... that he's coming to take over Runestone.... which IS part of the 7 kingdoms.

So is Daemon gonna take over Runestone.... then gift it to his brother Viserys... just like he did with the Stepstones? :dunno:

Why claim a part of the 7 kingdoms for yourself... but give an area that is not part of the 7 kingdoms to your brother... who is the King and controls EVERYTHING anyway.... except for the area you just fought 3 years for? :dunno:

Ok, so Dameon wants to fuck / marry his niece... and he has a dragon... and knows how to use secret passages to slip her out of the Red Keep without being noticed by anyone... so why didn't he just come get her & whisk her away on the back of his dragon to Dragonstone & call it a day?

Is it because he wants her to sit the Iron Throne & rule the 7 kingdoms MORE than he wants to fuck /marry her? :dunno:

It may seem simplistic, or but the point I am trying to make is..... take Lord Peytr Baelish for example.

- Littlefinger's ultimate goal was to sit on the Iron Throne and rule the 7 kingdoms. :yes:
- Even if it meant... "Littlefinger would see this country burn if he could be king of the ashes". :yes:
- However, he would never TRADE his chance to sit on the Iron Throne... for Sansa Stark.

He wanted it all... but if he had to choose "just one".... it would be The Iron Throne. Nothing else.

But if he had to choose "just one"... between gaining wealth, land & titles... or fucking his niece.... or sitting on the Iron Throne...

Do you think the Iron Throne is important to Daemon? Like it was to Littlefinger? Just curious.
If so, do you think the Iron Throne is MORE important to Daemon than fucking / marrying his niece?

Need an assist.

Salute.

We can all assume what Daemon wants, the writers have just done a bad job with character development.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

Need an assist.

Salute.
:clap:

its the same problem for all the main characters...

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Can you imagine how often this took place for thousands of years ago… Women are truly the stronger sex.

naw....no way...they the strongest...kinsfolk...cause we never seen a dominant woman ran dynasty....men have destroyed any that ever existed....Men are born to Kill...at least Killamayne is... brah

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
1. Daemon wanted to be Lord of the Runestone since he was married to the Lady. Not KING of Runestone big difference. There would be no problem with holding that title under the king. There are 6 great Lords under the kind.
2. Note that Dorne is NOT part of the kingdom in this story. There are 7 Kingdoms. The King controls 6. Dorne is independent.
3. Everything else is cool but Little Finger true intentions weren't spelled out by episode 5 of GOT.
4. Show is still average and have poor character development. Glad to see y'all finally agreeing with me.

Need an assist.

Salute.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Littlefinger could never sit on the iron throne tho, at most he'd have to place a puppet in the throne and be the 1 pulling the strings but the realm would never accept him on the throne

Need an assist.

Salute.

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Remember though, even Maester Aemon at castle black pretty much said it would be stupid to punish sworn crows for gettin some pussy because they wouldn't have anyone left to guard the wall. So yeah some probably remained celibate, but I'd bet the vast majority did not. Especially the sworn oathers in Kings Landing with all that pussy around. :lol:

Naw, it's a oath they are expected to keep, if they were serious though they would make all kings guards eunuchs.

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member
1. Daemon wanted to be Lord of the Runestone since he was married to the Lady. Not KING of Runestone big difference. There would be no problem with holding that title under the king. There are 6 great Lords under the kind.

2. Note that Dorne is NOT part of the kingdom in this story. There are 7 Kingdoms. The King controls 6. Dorne is independent.

3. Everything else is cool but Little Finger true intentions weren't spelled out by episode 5 of GOT.

4. Show is still average and have poor character development. Glad to see y'all finally agreeing with me.
1. Daemon wanted to be Lord of the Runestone since he was married to the Lady. Not KING of Runestone big difference. There would be no problem with holding that title under the king. There are 6 great Lords under the king.

Ok, Cool. Thanks for the clarification. It still seems weird to me that Daemon would give up being "King" of his own region (i.e The Stepstones)... in order to be "Lord" (a lesser title than King) of a region that his brother already rules. :dunno:

- Is there something extra special about being the Lord of Runestone? :dunno:
- Maybe it's the LARGEST region in the 7 Kingdoms? :dunno:

I guess we will see what makes Runestone so important that someone would give up a Kingship for it. :dunno:

2. Note that Dorne is NOT part of the kingdom in this story. There are 7 Kingdoms. The King controls 6. Dorne is independent. OK. got it. I thought Dorne was already a part of the 7 kingdoms. Thx.

You are correct... but also keep in mind that the 1st season of Game of Thrones DID NOT cover a 15+ year period of time :smh:, the way House of the Dragon does.

We learned what Littlefinger's true intentions were within roughly 4-5 seasons. Those 4-5 seasons in GoT did not last anywhere near as long as it does in HoTD... because Sansa went from being a young 13 or 14-year-old adolescent girl in season 1..... to roughly being about 20 years old by Season 8.

Meanwhile, more than a whole DECADE of time has passed in just the 1st season alone of HoTD. So the audience should be (a lot more) aware of Daemon's true intentions than we are now, considering how much "time" has passed in their world.

If all these "time jumps" keep happening the way they do... Daemon will be a senior citizen by the end of season 2... and the audience will STILL be wondering if "he actually wants to sit on the Iron Throne someday". :rolleyes: lol. Just jokes.

Yeah, the massive "time jumps" kinda hurt the character development. At least the way they do it... it does.
They can't have 10-15 years (or more) pass by (offscreen).... but then we STILL don't know much more about the main characters true nature (or their intentions) than we did last week. :smh:

Thanks for the info.

Salute.

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Littlefinger could never sit on the iron throne tho, at most he'd have to place a puppet in the throne and be the 1 pulling the strings but the realm would never accept him on the throne
Disagree. If Littlefinger couldn't rule the 7 Kingdoms himself...... he would never tell Sansa that was his ultiimate goal.

If you were right, this speech would've sounded more like: "Hey check this out babygirl... the realm ain't feeling me.... so eventually I wanna post a puppet nigga up on the Iron Throne that I can control from behind the curtains... and I want you to be with HIM, instead of me." :dunno:

:roflmao::lol:

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Disagree. If Littlefinger couldn't rule the 7 Kingdoms himself...... he would never tell Sansa that was his ultiimate goal.

If you were right, this speech would've sounded more like: "Hey check this out babygirl... the realm ain't feeling me.... so eventually I wanna post a puppet nigga up on the Iron Throne that I can control from behind the curtains... and I want you to be with HIM, instead of me." :dunno:

:roflmao::lol:

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I agree with everything you said below brother. Salute.
1. Daemon wanted to be Lord of the Runestone since he was married to the Lady. Not KING of Runestone big difference. There would be no problem with holding that title under the king. There are 6 great Lords under the king.

Ok, Cool. Thanks for the clarification. It still seems weird to me that Daemon would give up being "King" of his own region (i.e The Stepstones)... in order to be "Lord" (a lesser title than King) of a region that his brother already rules. :dunno:

- Is there something extra special about being the Lord of Runestone? :dunno:
- Maybe it's the LARGEST region in the 7 Kingdoms? :dunno:

I guess we will see what makes Runestone so important that someone would give up a Kingship for it. :dunno:

2. Note that Dorne is NOT part of the kingdom in this story. There are 7 Kingdoms. The King controls 6. Dorne is independent. OK. got it. I thought Dorne was already a part of the 7 kingdoms. Thx.

You are correct... but also keep in mind that the 1st season of Game of Thrones DID NOT cover a 15+ year period of time :smh:, the way House of the Dragon does.

We learned what Littlefinger's true intentions were within roughly 4-5 seasons. Those 4-5 seasons in GoT did not last anywhere near as long as it does in HoTD... because Sansa went from being a young 13 or 14-year-old adolescent girl in season 1..... to roughly being about 20 years old by Season 8.

Meanwhile, more than a whole DECADE of time has passed in just the 1st season alone of HoTD. So the audience should be (a lot more) aware of Daemon's true intentions than we are now, considering how much "time" has passed in their world.

If all these "time jumps" keep happening the way they do... Daemon will be a senior citizen by the end of season 2... and the audience will STILL be wondering if "he actually wants to sit on the Iron Throne someday". :rolleyes: lol. Just jokes.

Yeah, the massive "time jumps" kinda hurt the character development. At least the way they do it... it does.
They can't have 10-15 years (or more) pass by (offscreen).... but then we STILL don't know much more about the main characters true nature (or their intentions) than we did last week. :smh:

Thanks for the info.

Salute.

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Me and my boy was talking earlier like they should do the whole last season over lmao like we feel it would be the biggest thing ever if they did that shit cause it's unheard of and the ratings would be thru the roof

Oh course it would never happen but it would be legendary