HOUSE OF THE DRAGON: orgies, gore and family feuds in ‘Game of Thrones’ prequel

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
So which is the better series. This or the Lord of the Rings series on Prime?
I really digging Ring of Power, but I'd still give this a slight edge, if for no other reason than Prime streaming being some trash.
It's easier to get it out the basement than deal with Prime and that bugging system. Especially on Fridays when new episodes drop.

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
GOT by far

prime make a mistake releasing that at the same time as GOT
I heard the Rings series is doing very well in terms of numbers

I would say Dragon has been the better series so far overall but that last episode of Rings (episode 6) was great and is up there with any of the Dragon episodes

Thegooch

The Devil killed Heist & giggled about it @ brunch
Registered
So this can go 8 seasons or more just following the books ?
This Book is named Fire and Blood and is about the rule of King Viserys.

This is why there have been so many time jumps because the 10 episodes cover the time line of his 30+ year rule.

In the books the story is told by the Maesters according to first hand witness accounts and rumors. House of the Dragons is supposed to clear up the court rumors and give truth to innuendo.

Its like the twist at the end of the last episode when Laenor moved to Atlanta with his white boyfriend Quarl (not anti gay but dats a stereotypical gay ass whiteboy name). The Maesters could never had known Laenor (now Aretha w/red wig) faked his death and now works at Starbucks and lives in a studio w/ Quarl (now Stardust) in Buckhead.

Dont worry people. We got plenty of story to go. No more time jumps and character changes for a while once the kids get grown.

Glad one eyed Aemon has finally popped up. Lil Dude is a beast. Said fuck that eye I got a Dragon. Fuck yall pigs I got the biggest DICK/Dragon now.

@TENT don't get on board now niggahhhhh!!!!

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
Dont worry people. We got plenty of story to go. No more time jumps and character changes for a while once the kids get grown.

Glad one eyed Aemon has finally popped up. Lil Dude is a beast. Said fuck that eye I got a Dragon. Fuck yall pigs I got the biggest DICK/Dragon now.

@TENT don't get on board now niggahhhhh!!!!
Aemon was holding his own against all four of his cousins. If that Strong bastard didn't have that knife, Aemon might've whooped all they asses until the King's Guard pulled him off. Even Ser Otto peeped that even with one eye Aemon holds himself more Kingly than his fuck up, drunk, idiot brother.

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
Nothing happened :smh: .... all Hell just basically exploded in Middle Earth.

That took six hours. And the show is called the Rings of Power. Where are they? Are they anywhere near being forged? What has happened in this six hours of show?

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
So which is the better series. This or the Lord of the Rings series on Prime?
Rings of powers is a travesty and an embarrassment. This show is solid, well written, well acted, shot beautifully for the most part(especially this last episode) and didn't cost a billion dollars. Not to mention that the rings of power takes place in one of the most compelling, deep, lore rich worlds ever created. Somehow I find myself nodding off during the boring slog that that show is, Characters that no one cares about, poor casting, and just the most boring writing. I hate it. Lol

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
That took six hours. And the show is called the Rings of Power. Where are they? Are they anywhere near being forged? What has happened in this six hours of show?
It's trash, Jeff besos is a moron who hired two people with almost zero experience to take on something previously done by one of the great filmmakers of our generation. In turn we get a mediocre, boring, soulesss show that if not for the incredible CGI would be panned by critics and fans alike and likely get canceled after a season.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Rings of powers is a travesty and an embarrassment. This show is solid, well written, well acted, shot beautifully for the most part(especially this last episode) and didn't cost a billion dollars. Not to mention that the rings of power takes place in one of the most compelling, deep, lore rich worlds ever created. Somehow I find myself nodding off during the boring slog that that show is, Characters that no one cares about, poor casting, and just the most boring writing. I hate it. Lol

Rings of Power bored the shit out of me first episode and I stopped watching. I'll pick it back up again later.

Thegooch

The Devil killed Heist & giggled about it @ brunch
Registered
You too. Couldn't even get thru the first episode. I know Rings always starts off slow but I can't watch if Im passed out from boredom.

Lord of the Rings is good for yhe kids to get into Fanstasy. Rings is most people intoduction in to the medieval fantasy world.

It still has its place but probably should be watched after HOD season is done and you want less gore but more fanstasy.

If people I trust keep saying its trash I dont know how much of a chance its gonna get from me.

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor

Not one episode have I been able to watch without falling asleep. lol

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
The rings don't get forged after until Sauron's return. They're still building the world.
As a Tolkien fan I love the world building throughout the first six episodes. They done a decent job thru map transitions and dialogue to make it clear that all the characters are unknowingly moving in the same direction.

And I find each storyline to be compelling on it's own.
  • I love seeing the Hobbit's hillbilly redneck 2nd age cousins. This is how Hobbits were living before they moved indoors and starting eating off of fancy china.
  • Seeing the mountain of Khazad-dûm and some of the dwarfs traditions is fascinating.
  • The humans of middle Earth are clearly divided between fighting for the first person to come along with a crown or joining up with the Dark Lord. Humans clearly have no loyalty.
  • Isildur seemed like a opportunistic dickhead and Halbart don't want to be king, and we all know which one goes down in history as king, SO ..... I'm expecting Isildur to asshole his way up into being King somehow.
  • And I LOVE that the show is getting into the deeper shit with the Orcs. Every other race on middle Earth is determined to commit Orc genocide. The Orcs were forced into existence. The never asked to be here and now all they want is land to call home. It could be argued that the Elves came from a different realm just to kill Orcs. From a certain point of view you gotta admit the Orcs have been getting the short end of the stick since day one. Hell they're not even apparently called Orcs, it's Uruk. The Elves were just to racist to bother getting it correct. You just know the Elves are the descendants of colonizers.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
Aemon was holding his own against all four of his cousins. If that Strong bastard didn't have that knife, Aemon might've whooped all they asses until the King's Guard pulled him off. Even Ser Otto peeped that even with one eye Aemon holds himself more Kingly than his fuck up, drunk, idiot brother.
The two boys are his nephews.

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor

It took me half an episode to realize he was missing an arm. I thought he was wearing his jacket incorrectly at first before I realized that right sleeve was completely empty.

It's his own fault for trying to stop the corruption on his finger with a bowl of maggots. I'd told that measter to go fuck himself with that bowl. After he cut that finger clean off at the bone. That's how you stop corruption.

The grand Measter has been giving misdiagnosis and under-treating the King for years.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
You too. Couldn't even get thru the first episode. I know Rings always starts off slow but I can't watch if Im passed out from boredom.

Lord of the Rings is good for yhe kids to get into Fanstasy. Rings is most people intoduction in to the medieval fantasy world.

It still has its place but probably should be watched after HOD season is done and you want less gore but more fanstasy.

If people I trust keep saying its trash I dont know how much of a chance its gonna get from me.

IMO it was bad to come out the same time as HOD, because they're alike, but also so different. It's like comparing a rated R movie to PG.