HOUSE OF THE DRAGON: orgies, gore and family feuds in ‘Game of Thrones’ prequel

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Daemon is more redeemable in the book.

Alicent is a liar and a schemer too.
Her father is Otto Hightower whored her out and she agreed.
She secretly always wanted the power to be Queen and her children to rule the realm.
Last nights episode revealed that.

No matter what anyone says Rhaenyra is the heir. She is the Queen to be. So she can legitimize anything she does.

Her bastard children and be legitimized by her.

Anyone that doesn't want her to be Queen is a traitor and legally can be put to death.

Based on some of the responses in here, I think Daemon & Rhaenyra might be the most misunderstood characters on tv.
Daemon is a funny guy and he says and does cool things, but under no circumstance do I think he's supposed to be likable.
Dude is a asshole thru & thru. He's the cool asshole that you'd rather have on your side. But he's still an asshole and you can't let yourself forget that.

He seemingly married two down ass women (especially for the period) and he couldn't bring himself to show them any real love because he's been determined to marry his niece since she was like 8! The day Rhaenyra mounted her dragon, every other woman in the realm got bumped to placeholder status in Daemon's mind.

And Rhaenyra been lying her ass off since she was 15. Ever since she told that lie to Alicent in front of the heart tree, damn near every word out her mouth has been a lie or half-truth. I love that the show made House Velaryon black. In the books they all basically look just like Targaryens. So Rhaenyra's kid only stand out because of the brown hair. Visually seeing those two lily white boys sitting in the midst of a house fully of brothas with white dreads really makes the point! One of these things is CLEARLY not like the other. :lol:

I'm right there on Alicent's side. Every time she looks at the king with that, "I can't believe this bullshit" face, I feel her pain. The scene when the King was grilling Aegon, I was screaming at tv, "like, just look at em! Everybody knows .... your grace." They stick out like two lines of cocaine on a dark brown table.

The King might be the biggest unintentionally villain in Westero. Every time he walks out a room, there is a clear divide in the room .... like the battle lines of civil war being drew right in front of his face. Meanwhile the king keep pretending that if he doesn't acknowledge something, then it doesn't exist. King Viserys's reign may have been peaceful, but he really is a weak ass king. It look like Alicent & her dad have shifted into the waiting the game now. There doesn't seem to be much point arguing with this weak king. Just wait until he's dead. At the rate his body is falling apart and the show is progressing, he might be a down to a talking head in a jar before the finale.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Daemon is more redeemable in the book.

Alicent is a liar and a schemer too.
Her father is Otto Hightower whored her out and she agreed.
She secretly always wanted the power to be Queen and her children to rule the realm.
Last nights episode revealed that.

No matter what anyone says Rhaenyra is the heir. She is the Queen to be. So she can legitimize anything she does.

Her bastard children and be legitimized by her.

Anyone that doesn't want her to be Queen is a traitor and legally can be put to death.

Alicent is afraid when Rhaenyra becomes Queen she will murder her children, so of course she will do what she can to protect them. If Rhaenyra had no bastard kids she could have negotiated a marriage but she fucked up.

Last edited:

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Let me remind you that this is a discussion thread on the show. Everyone has their own opinion.

It doesn't bother me that you love the show 100% like a dull monogloid.

I have criticism based on what I have watched and I will point them out in the discussion.

You don't own the show and you aren't a creative contributor so you have no authority about who "get's on board".

I said this episode was the best one so far. That isn't really the biggest compliment.

It was mostly done well.

That is all.

This Book is named Fire and Blood and is about the rule of King Viserys.

This is why there have been so many time jumps because the 10 episodes cover the time line of his 30+ year rule.

In the books the story is told by the Maesters according to first hand witness accounts and rumors. House of the Dragons is supposed to clear up the court rumors and give truth to innuendo.

Its like the twist at the end of the last episode when Laenor moved to Atlanta with his white boyfriend Quarl (not anti gay but dats a stereotypical gay ass whiteboy name). The Maesters could never had known Laenor (now Aretha w/red wig) faked his death and now works at Starbucks and lives in a studio w/ Quarl (now Stardust) in Buckhead.

Dont worry people. We got plenty of story to go. No more time jumps and character changes for a while once the kids get grown.

Glad one eyed Aemon has finally popped up. Lil Dude is a beast. Said fuck that eye I got a Dragon. Fuck yall pigs I got the biggest DICK/Dragon now.

@TENT don't get on board now niggahhhhh!!!!

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nothing Rhaenyra did previously indicated that Alicent's children would be murdered.
I was Alicent's jealously and her father and Cole and Larys treachery that convince her of that.

A marriage can happen because she is the fucking Queen "to be" like I said.

Alicent is afraid when Rhaenyra becomes Queen she will murder her children, so of course she will do what she can to protect them. If Rhaenyra had none bastard kids she could have negotiated a marriage but she fucked up.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Nothing Rhaenyra did previously indicated that Alicent's children would be murdered.
I was Alicent's jealously and her father and Cole and Larys treachery that convince her of that.

I don't think they were lying when they said realm would not accept a woman on the Throne and would look to Aegon to be king, that's why she thinks Rhaenyra will try to kill him.

Thegooch

The Devil killed Heist & giggled about it @ brunch
Registered
Ok
Let me remind you that this is a discussion thread on the show. Everyone has their own opinion.

It doesn't bother me that you love the show 100% like a dull monogloid.

I have criticism based on what I have watched and I will point them out in the discussion.

You don't own the show and you aren't a creative contributor so you have no authority about who "get's on board".

I said this episode was the best one so far. That isn't really the biggest compliment.

It was mostly done well.

That is all.

Let me remind you that all criticism is subject to a retort in an intellectual discussion.

Me questioning the validity of your argument isn't out of bounds/question in a discussion.

I never stated I was an employee for HBOs Top Fight Security on set nor do I have show credentials. HBO has not compensated me for saying your opinion was trash.

Your two main points have been minor characters aren't fleshed out enough, the sick cripple crab man didn't one on one tango with Daemon, and don't like the writing.

(Anglish accent)
Too that I say dear sir you are being (i'm speaking in High UKian) a soft wanker with an even softer wet crumpet.

The gray pouponderence of evidence so far says you are wrong, dear ser. Your opinion may well come to fruition in the future but it is of minimal probability. Dear ser, I hope you to be wrong.

May you have a good day and your biscuits be not as wet as your chamomile tea. Dear ser. (Anglish accent/)

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Don't be weird. That was embarrassing.

If you intelligently respond to my criticism, I will engage and discuss with you. Not just you, but anyone. That is cool.

No one who disagrees with me is intelligently responding. They are just writing dumb shit like you just did or telling me to shut up and get out the thread! A thread meant to discuss and criticize whether it be positive or negative. This isn't an appreciation thread. It is a discussion thread.

The characterization of Daemon, Leana, Lord Strong, Harwin Strong, Larys etc are being done very poorly.

What has already happened cannot be undone.

Ok

Let me remind you that all criticism is subject to a retort in an intellectual discussion.

Me questioning the validity of your argument isn't out of bounds/question in a discussion.

I never stated I was an employee for HBOs Top Fight Security on set nor do I have show credentials. HBO has not compensated me for saying your opinion was trash.

Your two main points have been minor characters aren't fleshed out enough, the sick cripple crab man didn't one on one tango with Daemon, and don't like the writing.

(Anglish accent)
Too that I say dear sir you are being (i'm speaking in High UKian) a soft wanker with an even softer wet crumpet.

The gray pouponderence of evidence so far says you are wrong, dear ser. Your opinion may well come to fruition in the future but it is of minimal probability. Dear ser, I hope you to be wrong.

May you have a good day and your biscuits be not as wet as your chamomile tea. Dear ser. (Anglish accent/)

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
Alicent is afraid when Rhaenyra becomes Queen she will murder her children, so of course she will do what she can to protect them. If Rhaenyra had no bastard kids she could have negotiated a marriage but she fucked up.

A marriage can happen because she is the fucking Queen "to be" like I said.
Not for nothing but Alicent totally gave that order to take out the Strongs. Rhaenyra hasn't been truthful to the court since that night out with Deamon. So I get why Alicent wouldn't believe anything she says including believing that her children wouldn't be safe. And with Daemon as King/Prince husband, Alicent ain't wrong. Daemon would wipe House Hightower off the map if he could.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yes but also know that House Hightower is not innocent and has been manipulating the King since day one.
Otto isn't a faithful hand and for that he can be executed and Daemon is within his right as a Prince of his house to act in his family's best interest.
Otto has been scheme since day one and is now happy his wife is in the fold.

So wiping the traitor ALL out would be smart.

Alicent is now mad cause Rhaenyra would do the SMART thing?

Not for nothing but Alicent totally gave that order to take out the Strongs. Rhaenyra hasn't been truthful to the court since that night out with Deamon. So I get why Alicent wouldn't believe anything she says including believing that her children wouldn't be safe. And with Daemon as King/Prince husband, Alicent ain't wrong. Daemon would wipe House Hightower off the map if he could.

Thegooch

Registered
Don't be weird. That was embarrassing.

If you intelligently respond to my criticism, I will engage and discuss with you. Not just you, but anyone. That is cool.

No one who disagrees with me is intelligently responding. They are just writing dumb shit like you just did or telling me to shut up and get out the thread! A thread meant to discuss and criticize whether it be positive or negative. This isn't an appreciation thread. It is a discussion thread.

The characterization of Daemon, Leana, Lord Strong, Harwin Strong, Larys etc are being done very poorly.

What has already happened cannot be undone.
So do you have an issue with HOD or Fire and Blood/Dance of Dragons?

If its the latter then your issue is with GRRMs strory and framework. This isn't straying from the so called history that was the books.

What people who know how this ends are telling you that you that the character development isnt going to get much better. This and the Blackfyre rebellion are the best TV adaptations in his current universe.

Maybe you will like the Jon Snow series which I feel will be for focus group fans that want input on how the story should be developed each week.

Entertain me tho.
Please explain what pork was put in the show you would take out? Why do we need more of the Strongs when they die mid season 1? Larys motivation was to be Lord of Harrenhal, do we really need a they don't respect my club footed ass breakaway soliloquy?

Daemon and Lanea could have had more depth but what would have seeing them with young children traveling from place to place accomplised when Lanea issue was staying in Pentos as performancers and not having he baby at Driftmark?

Do I have issue with the show. At times but my standards have been considerably lowered by the last 4 seasons of GOT and the GOT show that never got past the Pilot and was so bad they never showed it to GRRM.

Glad this inst a clusterfuck of what is a layup of a good story. My issue with your criticism is, what is your point and how would you do better?

If you are consistent in your negativity then people are going to eventually are going to ask why do watch something you dont like only ro tell people you don't like it. Lord of the Rings may be a better show for you. And thats OK, TENT. No bad feelings.

If you read the books please tell us what should be added to the story. If you haven't read the books its hard to reason with you without giving the story away to others. This seems to have been written for people who read the books and want confirmation of the rumors and innuendo of the books.

Its basically a no win situation debating unless you have concerns about what hasn't been included from the books. If you haven't to read the books I will can talk when this ends or you will drop of by the end of this season.

Either way, enjoy what you can.

Thegooch

Registered
I wouldn’t say eight seasons but they can at least get a good 3 seasons maybe more.

This is season 1 and you act like they won't intro new characters like GOT. If they can stretch the trash of the last 4 GOT seasons., this could go ten.

If they wanted to make this season 2 they could have done more footage in the Stepstonnes. Im sure some will complain about next week.

Again they have more than enough source material and plenty of more to tell.

The time jumps are over.
Some of these characters are as young as 12/13 and you think their story will be told in 2/3 seasonss?

How many times Daemon gotta get kicked out of Kings Landing and come back for you to understand GRRM does things the long way to go a short distance.

I see some of you still don't get this season is simply about the rule of Viserys and how his decisions set up the future. Nothing more and nothing less.

The rest of the story is about everyone else. You think thats going to last only 2/3 seasons with a cast that big and more to come?

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
Yes but also know that House Hightower is not innocent and has been manipulating the King since day one.

Otto isn't a faithful hand and for that he can be executed and Daemon is within his right as a Prince of his house to act in his family's best interest.

Otto has been scheme since day one and is now happy his wife is in the fold.

So wiping the traitor ALL out would be smart.

Alicent is now mad cause Rhaenyra would do the SMART thing?

I agree with all of the above.
The only villian is the King because he's gleefully ignoring the signs of the growing civil war. Rhaenyra & Alicent are playing the hands that they were dealt in life by their fathers.

There is no way to avoid war no matter who sits the throne next. If Rhaenyra sits there, Daemon will kill Alicent's children. If Aegon sits there, him or Ser Otto will be putting Rhaenyra's bastards to the sword.

BlueCarpetTreatment

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
This is season 1 and you act like they won't intro new characters like GOT. If they can stretch the trash of the last 4 GOT seasons., this could go ten.

If they wanted to make this season 2 they could have done more footage in the Stepstonnes. Im sure some will complain about next week.

Again they have more than enough source material and plenty of more to tell.

The time jumps are over.
Some of these characters are as young as 12/13 and you think their story will be told in 2/3 seasonss?

How many times Daemon gotta get kicked out of Kings Landing and come back for you to understand GRRM does things the long way to go a short distance.

I see some of you still don't get this season is simply about the rule of Viserys and how his decisions set up the future. Nothing more and nothing less.

The rest of the story is about everyone else. You think thats going to last only 2/3 seasons with a cast that big and more to come?

I hope you don’t think that I’m novice to this whole thing. I’m aware of the story, pimpin. Of course they could expand it if they wanted to do that, but I don’t see them expanding this longer than may be 3 seasons or so. GOT past season 5 put a real bad taste in fans mouths. It got real dumb even though we know they went pass the books. Fans don’t want another watered down seasons 6-8 cause the writers will more than likely want to move on as well as the actors. So, once again, I’m not saying they can’t have that many seasons, but they more than likely won’t. We shall see!

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
1st I need you to calm ALL THE WAY DOWN.

You seem like an unstable weirdo with lack of Vitamins.

Fire and Blood is a text book that lacks details and certain perspectives.

The showrunners and writers have a duty to adapt it for television.

I am criticizing their choices of character development.

What is so hard for you to realize? A lot of other people in this thread have echoed my points.

I will not lower my standards for what I watch just cause you are mindlessly loving it.

Go read my previous posts. I already explain what I have issues with.

The correction is the opposite of what they did.

So do you have an issue with HOD or Fire and Blood/Dance of Dragons?

If its the latter then your issue is with GRRMs strory and framework. This isn't straying from the so called history that was the books.

What people who know how this ends are telling you that you that the character development isnt going to get much better. This and the Blackfyre rebellion are the best TV adaptations in his current universe.

Maybe you will like the Jon Snow series which I feel will be for focus group fans that want input on how the story should be developed each week.

Entertain me tho.
Please explain what pork was put in the show you would take out? Why do we need more of the Strongs when they die mid season 1? Larys motivation was to be Lord of Harrenhal, do we really need a they don't respect my club footed ass breakaway soliloquy?

Daemon and Lanea could have had more depth but what would have seeing them with young children traveling from place to place accomplised when Lanea issue was staying in Pentos as performancers and not having he baby at Driftmark?

Do I have issue with the show. At times but my standards have been considerably lowered by the last 4 seasons of GOT and the GOT show that never got past the Pilot and was so bad they never showed it to GRRM.

Glad this inst a clusterfuck of what is a layup of a good story. My issue with your criticism is, what is your point and how would you do better?

If you are consistent in your negativity then people are going to eventually are going to ask why do watch something you dont like only ro tell people you don't like it. Lord of the Rings may be a better show for you. And thats OK, TENT. No bad feelings.

If you read the books please tell us what should be added to the story. If you haven't read the books its hard to reason with you without giving the story away to others. This seems to have been written for people who read the books and want confirmation of the rumors and innuendo of the books.

Its basically a no win situation debating unless you have concerns about what hasn't been included from the books. If you haven't to read the books I will can talk when this ends or you will drop of by the end of this season.

Either way, enjoy what you can.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Right.
They could have had more seasons if they spent time on the character development and wrote original dialogue exploring the friendship of Alicent and Rae more. They could have spent more on the romance with Rae and Cole and with Alicent and Viserys. Daemon and his first wife.
Instead, they did massive time jumps. Using actors for 1 episode then time jumping them to new actors. Smh.

Now the speed of development cannot be slowed down. This story is NOT 8 seasons worth of story.

Get to the Hour of the Wolf already.

Instead of seeing dragons as big as cities, I would rather see a story of Starks warging into Wolfs.
I hope you don’t think that I’m novice to this whole thing. I’m aware of the story, pimpin. Of course they could expand it if they wanted to do that, but I don’t see them expanding this longer than may be 3 seasons or so. GOT past season 5 put a real bad taste in fans mouths. It got real dumb even though we know they went pass the books. Fans don’t want another watered down seasons 6-8 cause the writers will more than likely want to move on as well as the actors. So, once again, I’m not saying they can’t have that many seasons, but they more than likely won’t. We shall see!

tajshan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Spoiler - heavy spoiler by this little mofo....

Even though dead, this little shit manages to a jabb at us :giggle:

Thegooch

Registered
Right.
They could have had more seasons if they spent time on the character development and wrote original dialogue exploring the friendship of Alicent and Rae more. They could have spent more on the romance with Rae and Cole and with Alicent and Viserys. Daemon and his first wife.
Instead, they did massive time jumps. Using actors for 1 episode then time jumping them to new actors. Smh.

Now the speed of development cannot be slowed down. This story is NOT 8 seasons worth of story.

Get to the Hour of the Wolf already.

Instead of seeing dragons as big as cities, I would rather see a story of Starks warging into Wolfs.

This is what makes you retarded. You need to get out this universe if you are looking for Starks.

I see you haven't read the rest 8f his books. This aint for you bro and Hollywood aint capable of making the show you want. Maybe you need to stick to BBC programs because you eant Downtown Abby and not GOT/HOD.

You sound like a bitch talking about the romances of Cole/Rhea (Rhea got a body count) Allcient/Viserys (n a arranged marriage?) being expanded. This is a war story and not a romantic novel. It makes things easier for slow people to understand but doesn't add much to the overall plot.

4 or 5 episode of couple arguments, couples counseling, and figuring out why Rhea is a freak bitch?. Nigga please. This is why I cant take you seriously because your criticism is stupid.

You cant handle someone saying your point doesn't have much of one. In the books, they dont even mention Alicents name and simply call her the Queen. The source material inst that detailed. Now you and another poster are asking for all the fluff that made GOT 5-8 trash.

So basically do all the things that fucked up the other show in season 1. Great, so glad you aint a show producer.

Peter Jackson who directed LOTR made a comment about "fans" like you. He basically stated that the shit you guys want is usually bad for cinema because its expensive, time consuming, and anti climactic.

Since you haven't read the book and aren't focusing on shit like Daemon/Rhea in fleabottom or anything to do with the main plot, Im going to assume your beef is with me and not the show.

You keep watching despite saying you don't like it So I assume you will buzz away from this thread soon if I dont engage your whining. But if you can watch for 5-8 seasons and this justify why your points would have mattered, then I tip my hat.

Just don't take it personal when your opinion goes against the overall consensus and someone is telling you your opinion isnt the consensus nor does it play into the main story line.

As for the Wolf, you sound stupid as fuck. Jon "Snow" aint a Stark (Lord Corlys- History remembers names) and his Targeyran blood (n line for throne) is more important than Stark non king bloodlines. Arya and Sansa cant have kids. Bran is a limp dick cripple and the rest are dead. The Starks are a dumb as a box of rocks poor as hicks from the North. You want more contradictory shit like Sansa being made Queen even though Two Queens getting over and entire war happening because of a woman on the Throne. Daemon didn't have the nerve to be King of the Stepstonnes but Sansa got the balls to be declared Queen of the North. Total fuck shit that goes against the entire storyline.

Please tell me in a non fan boi world how they matter without focus groups twlling writers how to JOI Stark fanbois.

SSnow/Kit Harrington and his bad acting for 5 years in the middle of a Snow desert with his Direwolf.

They made this movie before, its called A boy and his dog. Looks likw they gonna give you some recycled Hollywood goodnesses.

Last edited:

Thegooch

Registered

Not saying you are a novice. Just trying to not spoil the show for others. If I explained why everything is happening it would ruin it for others.

I will post in my spolier thead why/when going away from the main plot is good.

Larys killing people for Allicent and having the assassin's tounges cut off works even thought it didn't happen that way in the books.

Viserys mentioned he would cut out tounges of people discrediting Rhea claim to the thorne. In HOD he talks about it but he had it done in Fire and Blood.

Spoiler Spolier Spolier

What I would like to point out is that you have a lot of young people to kill off plus a gang of bastards to come. At the end of the War you have Targaryen bastards who haven't
been born yet riding Dragons.

This sets up the Blackfyre Rebellion which is know in the books as the Targaryens greatest threats.

I understand the concerns about source material stretching but once you cut the King out the picture, much like Robert you find out he was a big pawn used to set up the story.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Don't talk to me about the books.

This is a tv show. It is based on a book.

If you don't understand my subtext... I mean, it doesn't have to be like the book!!!!

TV Shows have things called writers who can write a more thoughtful story than the text book that is "Fire and Blood".

You see how they expanded and showed Daemon killing his wife. They show Leanor escaping.

So shut the fuck up about the books and it being a story about WAR. You are an idiot.

This is a fucking drama. It is a big soap opera.

When I mention Starks I meant and original story based on past characters.

I don't wanna see Jon Snow ever again. I will never watch that show if it ever comes out.

This is what makes you retarded. You need to get out this universe if you are looking for Starks.

I see you haven't read the rest 8f his books. This aint for you bro and Hollywood aint capable of making the show you want. Maybe you need to stick to BBC programs because you eant Downtown Abby and not GOT/HOD.

You sound like a bitch talking about the romances of Cole/Rhea (Rhea got a body count) Allcient/Viserys (n a arranged marriage?) being expanded. This is a war story and not a romantic novel. It makes things easier for slow people to understand but doesn't add much to the overall plot.

4 or 5 episode of couple arguments, couples counseling, and figuring out why Rhea is a freak bitch?. Nigga please. This is why I cant take you seriously because your criticism is stupid.

You cant handle someone saying your point doesn't have much of one. In the books, they dont even mention Alicents name and simply call her the Queen. The source material inst that detailed. Now you and another poster are asking for all the fluff that made GOT 5-8 trash.

So basically do all the things that fucked up the other show in season 1. Great, so glad you aint a show producer.

Peter Jackson who directed LOTR made a comment about "fans" like you. He basically stated that the shit you guys want is usually bad for cinema because its expensive, time consuming, and anti climactic.

Since you haven't read the book and aren't focusing on shit like Daemon/Rhea in fleabottom or anything to do with the main plot, Im going to assume your beef is with me and not the show.

You keep watching despite saying you don't like it So I assume you will buzz away from this thread soon if I dont engage your whining. But if you can watch for 5-8 seasons and this justify why your points would have mattered, then I tip my hat.

Just don't take it personal when your opinion goes against the overall consensus and someone is telling you your opinion isnt the consensus nor does it play into the main story line.

As for the Wolf, you sound stupid as fuck. Jon "Snow" aint a Stark (Lord Corlys- History remembers names) and his Targeyran blood (n line for throne) is more important than Stark non king bloodlines. Arya and Sansa cant have kids. Bran is a limp dick cripple and the rest are dead. The Starks are a dumb as a box of rocks poor as hicks from the North. You want more contradictory shit like Sansa being made Queen even though Two Queens getting over and entire war happening because of a woman on the Throne. Daemon didn't have the nerve to be King of the Stepstonnes but Sansa got the balls to be declared Queen of the North. Total fuck shit that goes against the entire storyline.

Please tell me in a non fan boi world how they matter without focus groups twlling writers how to JOI Stark fanbois.

SSnow/Kit Harrington and his bad acting for 5 years in the middle of a Snow desert with his Direwolf.

They made this movie before, its called A boy and his dog. Looks likw they gonna give you some recycled Hollywood goodnesses.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nigga please! Read what you wrote with your damn typos.
Use the spoiler tags.
Not saying you are a novice. Just trying to not spoil the show for others. If I explained why everything is happening it would ruin it for others.

I will post in my spolier thead why/when going away from the main plot is good.

Larys killing people for Allicent and having the assassin's tounges cut off works even thought it didn't happen that way in the books.

Viserys mentioned he would cut out tounges of people discrediting Rhea claim to the thorne. In HOD he talks about it but he had it done in Fire and Blood.

Spoiler Spolier Spolier

What I would like to point out is that you have a lot of young people to kill off plus a gang of bastards to come. At the end of the War you have Targaryen bastards who haven't
been born yet riding Dragons.

This sets up the Blackfyre Rebellion which is know in the books as the Targaryens greatest threats.

I understand the concerns about source material stretching but once you cut the King out the picture, much like Robert you find out he was a big pawn used to set up the story.

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I can't ride with Alicent. That bitch is turning into Cersei Lannister. Her dad is most at fault for explicitly using her to get the King to want her so his family could climb he ladder even more than they already had... but she went along with it and kept that a secret from her best friend Rhaenyra.

Rhaenyra went from having a best friend, to having a chick that was basically trying to fuck her dad (yeah, she knew what Otto was up to at some point). ...and her dad doesn't respect the king's choice of an heir, and it's not only because he knows that some people won't be down with having a female ruler; it's for power.

So Rhaeynra was basically just trying to live her life, but her dad made her his heir... her best buddy secretly went after her dad, and her best buddy's dad was in her ear convincing her that Rhaenyra can't rule.

Also, from the actress that plays Alicent (not sure which one said it).... Alicent is in love with Criston Cole, and him fucking the princess is what made her really really turn into her enemy. So she's a jealous bitch who has been used as a puppet.

Based on some of the responses in here, I think Daemon & Rhaenyra might be the most misunderstood characters on tv.
Daemon is a funny guy and he says and does cool things, but under no circumstance do I think he's supposed to be likable.
Dude is a asshole thru & thru. He's the cool asshole that you'd rather have on your side. But he's still an asshole and you can't let yourself forget that.

He seemingly married two down ass women (especially for the period) and he couldn't bring himself to show them any real love because he's been determined to marry his niece since she was like 8! The day Rhaenyra mounted her dragon, every other woman in the realm got bumped to placeholder status in Daemon's mind.

And Rhaenyra been lying her ass off since she was 15. Ever since she told that lie to Alicent in front of the heart tree, damn near every word out her mouth has been a lie or half-truth. I love that the show made House Velaryon black. In the books they all basically look just like Targaryens. So Rhaenyra's kid only stand out because of the brown hair. Visually seeing those two lily white boys sitting in the midst of a house fully of brothas with white dreads really makes the point! One of these things is CLEARLY not like the other. :lol:

I'm right there on Alicent's side. Every time she looks at the king with that, "I can't believe this bullshit" face, I feel her pain. The scene when the King was grilling Aegon, I was screaming at tv, "like, just look at em! Everybody knows .... your grace." They stick out like two lines of cocaine on a dark brown table.

The King might be the biggest unintentionally villain in Westero. Every time he walks out a room, there is a clear divide in the room .... like the battle lines of civil war being drew right in front of his face. Meanwhile the king keep pretending that if he doesn't acknowledge something, then it doesn't exist. King Viserys's reign may have been peaceful, but he really is a weak ass king. It look like Alicent & her dad have shifted into the waiting the game now. There doesn't seem to be much point arguing with this weak king. Just wait until he's dead. At the rate his body is falling apart and the show is progressing, he might be a down to a talking head in a jar before the finale.

Thegooch

Registered
Don't talk to me about the books.

This is a tv show. It is based on a book.

If you don't understand my subtext... I mean, it doesn't have to be like the book!!!!

TV Shows have things called writers who can write a more thoughtful story than the text book that is "Fire and Blood".

You see how they expanded and showed Daemon killing his wife. They show Leanor escaping.

So shut the fuck up about the books and it being a story about WAR. You are an idiot.

This is a fucking drama. It is a big soap opera.

When I mention Starks I meant and original story based on past characters.

I don't wanna see Jon Snow ever again. I will never watch that show if it ever comes out.

Bro you don't have any clue what you are talking about. You understand the series that got cancelled before it even started was about the First Men and the Children of the forest.

Why do we need more of that or any other Stark? The shit you are asking for is based off of myth over a 1000 years. If you got issues with time jumps now, oh boy.

You also want to give writers you already dont like more free reign. GOT cut way more than HOD and added way more than needed. The added parts contradicted the enitre universe and you are ask for more Hollywood and less GRRM.

What universe do you live in where any of your points make sense. You are talking about the Starks when they are only important to what happens in the North and get killed every time they go to Kings Landing.

A bunch of inbred up North fuck ups who tree worship and fuck with elves instead of ride dragons. Only thing a Stark is good at is having a miserable death. If Sansa is your leader and best general then your clan has to be bunch of screw ups.

I hope you get your Stark/Car Stark/First Men series. Watch y
the Andels kick they ass and send their punk asses north up.
Watch the Mad King burn then to crips. Watch the honorable Ned Stark lie about beating Ser Arthur Dayne.

You act like Ned Stark started Roberts Rebellion. The Stark are just a really old house connected to the Weights storyline. There aren't a lot of great Starks in this story world.

They are giving you the worlds favorite Stark and again you are being a ass saying its not good enough while mentioning the "Starks" when they have 2000 year history in Westeros of getting there asses kicked.

So when and what Stark do you wanna see get fucked over? See where we are going with this? Nowhere!!

You keep pulling points out your ass but they sound like farts to me. They make no sense and are stinking up the place.