How are you planning for retirement at this point in life?

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

MCP

International
International Member
I only started investing in my 40s. Started with 5% of my monthly salary and gradually increased it to 20%

Arranged to have a direct debit, so that this money is taken straight away from my account on payday. If you haven't started yet, please think about doing so. I'm hoping to have a nice retirement with a nice balance tucked away to enjoy it.

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
I only started investing in my 40s. Started with 5% of my monthly salary and gradually increased it to 20%

Arranged to have a direct debit, so that this money is taken straight away from my account on payday. If you haven't started yet, please think about doing so. I'm hoping to have a nice retirement with a nice balance tucked away to enjoy it.
How are you distributing it? Etfs, stock portfolio, individual companies?

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

5 Hidden Costs of Fee-Only Advisors

Fee-only financial advisors are fiduciaries. They must make recommendations that are in your best interest. Yet those fee-only advisors who charge a percentage of the assets they manage for you are not conflict-free. In fact, the fee arrangement creates 5 hidden costs that you should be aware of before hiring an advisor.

We'll also talk about a better alternative to a percentage of AUM arrangements.

Chiyo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

That Russian money came up clutch for you later in life.

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
I would completely revamp the retirement system (401k and Social Security), it is horrible. You can tell it is something a lawyer came up with.

One of the ways to raise wages is having a robust retirement that is effective. The private sector wants you living paycheck to paycheck; unable to retire so they have a huge labor pool available to them

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

How many investments should we hold in our retirement and taxable accounts? This video will start with a diversified portfolio using just one mutual fund. Then, we'll look at five reasons we might want to complicate the portfolio, at least a little bit.

Studio718

Rising Star
Platinum Member
It involves leaving the US and seriously farm some land and raise cash crops. Working farming retirement for me. Somewhere on the African continent would be ideal. Central/South America is a second choice.
Look into my home Suriname if you want a simple farm life.
Once you build ya house/get a reliable car or truck you basically need $400 a month to live comfortable.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

How Much Cash Should You Hold in Retirement?

Many things change when we retire. There’s the obvious change–we stop working. And there’s a less obvious change–how we approach cash.

Before retirement, we might have an emergency fund of three to six months’ worth of living expenses. After retirement, we need cash for so much more. The ideal cash reserve depends on individual circumstances, including income stability, potential emergencies, and comfort level during market volatility.

In this video, I’ll walk through the seven main reasons retirees hold cash. For each, we’ll look at how much cash one should have for each reason and the type of account best suited to hold the cash.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

Morningstar’s take on Vanguard’s new CEO, fee increases, and more.

00:00 Introduction
00:22 Vanguard’s New CEO
02:57 What Challenges Will Vanguard’s New CEO Face?
04:46 What Flows Should Vanguard Investors Be Aware Of?
07:50 What Vanguard’s Fee Hikes Mean for Investors
09:47 Best Vanguard Funds in 2024
11:05 Which Vanguard Investments Are Underperforming?
12:10 Vanguard’s New Active Bond ETFs
14:17 Will There Be Any Other New Fund Launches in 2024?
15:00 Changes to Vanguard Funds’ Morningstar Medalist Ratings

Determining how many retirement buckets are enough.

00:00 Introduction
00:33 What Are the Three Buckets of Retirement?
01:50 Do Retirees Need a Fourth Bucket in Their Retirement Bucket Strategy?
03:15 Is a Discretionary Bucket Right for Your Retirement Portfolio?
04:53 Tax Considerations for Retirement Buckets

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend