How are you planning for retirement at this point in life?

November 17

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nice is it light.. used or new???

I heard treks are good for hills...

In NYC I need something with peddle assist ebike action

To quickly get me out of them NYC intersection jams...
Usually they're fairly light, but you can review the stats:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Nice is it light.. used or new???

I heard treks are good for hills...

In NYC I need something with peddle assist ebike action

To quickly get me out of them NYC intersection jams...

@Mrfreddygoodbud

You ever see this movie from the early-2010s?

It's a fun popcorn movie at times ... good adrenaline rush the way it's filmed.

Premium Rush is a 2012 American action thriller film directed by David Koepp and written by Koepp and John Kamps. The film stars Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Michael Shannon, Dania Ramirez, and Jamie Chung. It follows a bicycle messenger chased around New York City by a corrupt police officer who wants an envelope the messenger has. It was released on August 24, 2012 by Columbia Pictures.

Wilee is a disenchanted Columbia Law School graduate who has put off taking the bar exam, dreading the humdrum life of the legal profession. He enjoys working as a New York City bicycle messenger, despite arguments with his girlfriend and fellow bike messenger, Vanessa, who insists that he should make something of himself. Even his choice of bike is unconventional; steel frame, fixed gear, no brakes.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
@Mrfreddygoodbud

You ever see this movie from the early-2010s?

It's a fun popcorn movie at times ... good adrenaline rush the way it's filmed.

Premium Rush is a 2012 American action thriller film directed by David Koepp and written by Koepp and John Kamps. The film stars Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Michael Shannon, Dania Ramirez, and Jamie Chung. It follows a bicycle messenger chased around New York City by a corrupt police officer who wants an envelope the messenger has. It was released on August 24, 2012 by Columbia Pictures.

Wilee is a disenchanted Columbia Law School graduate who has put off taking the bar exam, dreading the humdrum life of the legal profession. He enjoys working as a New York City bicycle messenger, despite arguments with his girlfriend and fellow bike messenger, Vanessa, who insists that he should make something of himself. Even his choice of bike is unconventional; steel frame, fixed gear, no brakes.

nah... looks good tho, I may give it a peep, what inspired you to bring it up

tho??

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
nah... looks good tho, I may give it a peep, what inspired you to bring it up

tho??

Yeah - it’s worth a look.

As soon as you mentioned bicycling and NY the movie came to mind. Enjoyed it a number of years ago and recommended it to some friends and family as there aren’t too many bicycling-themed movies compared to say cars, motorcycles, etc.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

I've decided to move most of our checking account funds to the Fidelity Cash Management Account. In this video I'll walk through why I'm making this move.

Timestamps
0:00 - Fidelity Cash Management Account
1:45 - SPAXX
4:43 - FDIC Insurance/Partner Banks
7:54 - Downsides
10:36 - Other money market funds
11:40 - Finance Buff article
12:17 - Recap

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

Over the next five years the largest cohort of the baby boomer generation will reach retirement age and while it is broadly assumed that they will have comfortable retirements, a recent analysis of their assets shows that more than half of this final group of boomers are not financially prepared to retire whatsoever.

In today's video we look at how American retirees found themselves in this position, and how much you need to save to have a comfortable retirement.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

Former financial advisor and CFP Leisa Peterson reveals the truths she discovered after more than a decade in the industry. In this video, you'll learn:

-Why Leisa left the advising industry
-The 4 crucial things to look for in a financial advisor
-8 key questions to ask before hiring an advisor
-Major red flags to watch out for
-How to build your financial dream team

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

While the 4% rule works best with a stock allocation between 50% and 75%, what about other asset allocations? If you have fewer than 50% in stocks or more than 75%, how do you determine your safe withdrawal rate?

In this video, I'll use two tools to show how you can estimate a safe withdrawal rate that matches your investment portfolio.