I think Bronny James will prove most people wrong…..

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Patreon Investor
I guess Gilbert Arenas had a talk with McCants and Brandon Jennings because couple days ago they were basically saying the same thing Jaylen Brown said but now they've flipped talking about it's just Jaylen Brown opinion and we putting to much pressure on the 55th pick :hmm:

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
I guess Gilbert Arenas had a talk with McCants and Brandon Jennings because couple days ago they were basically saying the same thing Jaylen Brown said but now they've flipped talking about it's just Jaylen Brown opinion and we putting to much pressure on the 55th pick :hmm:

Brandon Jennings posted a pic in Vegas with Bronny and his kids yesterday.

The supposed "GOAT" got his boy a job selling retros. :roflmao:

djpolo

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Not really into sports as some of you cats. I have nothing against a persons sexual preference, however, His son didn't go the other way as some other ballers kids have done. If I were a pro baller and my son had the opportunity to actually one day play a single game with me!

That's the mans kid. Regardless of how good or bad he is I'm happy for the young brother. Even if basketball is not in his future like his father, it's an incredible thing for two BLACK father and son to play on the same team.

Nepotism? Of course, it's L.B.J. But :dunno: White folks do it all the time. Some of yall may think I'm off a lil bit off but I know like Deon Cole said, I only have about 20 summers or so left so I'm trying to surround myself with good energy. 20 summers coming up fast. :lol:

I'm sending positive vibes to the Universe for both he and L.B.J. Because the are already surrounded by enough negative energy.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

But why can't be true too?

pookie

BGOL Patreon Investor
It's crazy,how people acting like Bronny is a top ten pick;he was drafted at fifty five. Criticizing a player that was the fifty fifth pick every single day makes you look stupid.

:smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:
I wish the Lakers would have went on and drafted Bronny at #17 like they wanted to so this EXCUSE couldn't be used

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yall fools gone have me root for this young man like cacs in the mid west do Caitlin.

Between the constant media barrage and Bron saying his kid was better than summer league kats was a setup for this young man.

He could have just eased in like others, but now we are here. I think most of us want him to do well, but we only know what we can see when it comes to his game.

And I certain he ain’t ask for all this type of attention.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Not really into sports as some of you cats. I have nothing against a persons sexual preference, however, His son didn't go the other way as some other ballers kids have done. If I were a pro baller and my son had the opportunity to actually one day play a single game with me!

That's the mans kid. Regardless of how good or bad he is I'm happy for the young brother. Even if basketball is not in his future like his father, it's an incredible thing for two BLACK father and son to play on the same team.

Nepotism? Of course, it's L.B.J. But :dunno: White folks do it all the time. Some of yall may think I'm off a lil bit off but I know like Deon Cole said, I only have about 20 summers or so left so I'm trying to surround myself with good energy. 20 summers coming up fast. :lol:

I'm sending positive vibes to the Universe for both he and L.B.J. Because the are already surrounded by enough negative energy.

Post of the day

pookie

BGOL Patreon Investor
But why can't be true too?
Because they tried to tell us this 55th pick was special, they told us this 55th pick was one of those guys whose talents were more for the NBA than college, they told us this 55th pick could be a Jrue Holiday type player or do what Mike Connelly is doing, JJ Reddick interrupted the pressure conference to tell us this 55th picked earned his way to being drafted, his dad said he was better than some NBA players last year, we heard all this but now we putting to much pressure on the 55th pick :oops:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Between the constant media barrage and Bron saying his kid was better than summer league kats was a setup for this young man.

He could have just eased in like others, but now we are here. I think most of us want him to do well, but we only know what we can see when it comes to his game.

And I certain he ain’t ask for all this type of attention.

I respect that and trust me I actually agree with you and @REDLINE

But I hope this starts a black nepotism wave (fck u respectively Bo).

I'll just say this - the director at a hospital and Dean at a university may have just created a new internship position specifically for someone very very very close to me. So if that makes me a bad dad or person for making sure mine is taken care of? So be it.

I'll be dat nepo negro

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member

The black father angle is constantly brought up when it comes to these to because not many are going to argue against that. Of course it’s an accomplishment and something they should be proud of. But multiple truths exist here.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Because they tried to tell us this 55th pick was special, they told us this 55th pick was one of those guys whose talents were more for the NBA than college, they told us this 55th pick could be a Jrue Holiday type player or do what Mike Connelly is doing, JJ Reddick interrupted the pressure conference to tell us this 55th picked earned his way to being drafted, his dad said he was better than some NBA players last year, we heard all this but now we putting to much pressure on the 55th pick :oops:

Bro the first mistake is trusting ANYTHING McCants says.

jasonblacc

Rising Star
Registered
You're taking a hindsight approach. When Ben Simmon was drafted he was a top tier prospect. He was 6'9 with point guard handles and can rebound. The Ben Simmons issue isn't physical it's mental.

I'm just saying Ben and Bronny ain't nowhere near the same prospect.
He can't know basketball with that take.
Kid was making millions in college
Shit he is probably making millions off just being in Faze gaming crew.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member

I'll just say this - the director at a hospital and Dean at a university may have just created a new internship position specifically for someone very very very close to me. So if that makes me a bad dad or person for making sure mine is taken care of? So be it.

I'll be dat nepo negro

Doesn’t make you a bad dad. Like I ask my students at the beginning of every semester “do you want to be here or did your parents want you to be here?”

These reason I ask that is because it’s a difference in motivation and performance. We can be pro-nepotism, which is something I understand. I don’t necessarily agree 100% with it because I wouldn’t put my child in a position where I know she wouldn’t be at her best or happy with her performance.

I want my daughter to take over my nonprofit but she lacks motivation and skills necessary to run it. She wants to do something else. And I’m fine by that.

DJ

BGOL Legend
Certified Pussy Poster

His dad is also the captain of the team, one of the largest sports franchises in the history of sports. He makes an astronomical amount of money to win games and bring in championship rings. He has a certain responsibility to his teammates, coaches and owners. The truth is if the Lakers didnt draft Bronny no other team was going to. He sacrificed the good of the team to get his son drafted. If i am a Lakers fan I am livid over the bullshit,

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor
Ginobili was a 55th pick and Bronzey took a job from the next Manu Ginobili

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Doesn’t make you a bad dad. Like I ask my students at the beginning of every semester “do you want to be here or did your parents want you to be here?”

These reason I ask that is because it’s a difference in motivation and performance. We can be pro-nepotism, which is something I understand. I don’t necessarily agree 100% with it because I wouldn’t put my child in a position where I know she wouldn’t be at her best or happy with her performance.

I want my daughter to take over my nonprofit but she lacks motivation and skills necessary to run it. She wants to do something else. And I’m fine by that.

KABOOM! see that is why this whole debate can't really be had. There are way to many branches.

Nepotism is bad period.

But you could argue so is capitalism. And the entire concept of the draft. And the American educational system.

So if anything is flawed and you find a way to make it benefit YOU that isn't illegal... what is that called?

If Bronny wants to play in the NBA went thru the proper channels and used all the resources at his disposal to do so what's the big deal?

Bomani and anti LeBron folk REALLY want to act like the draft is a REAL meritocracy?

Cause I could easily go back to where Bo complained about coaches agents gms and scouts and MEDIA MEMBERS etc manipulation of draft positions

Isn't THAT WORSE?

The draft isn't this holy grail.

This is ALL A BUSINESS

We had a billionaire nfl owner make a damn potentially franchise altering decision because some guy at a car wash told him to do it!

Now If my kid don't want to do it? They ain't doing it. Now do I force them to eat right, bathe, study, be nice, volunteer at the hospital yes. So of course if I decide it's what's best? It ain't hurting anyone?Then so be it. And f*ck anyone who says different.

But I don't FORCE kids into career choices etc.

And I honestly don't think Bron is doing that and EVERYONE just doing speculation and projection.

I see a father helping his son after a very real potentially tragic set back that's it.

Bronny says he wants this. If folk want to call that young man a liar? So be it

But we got confirmed liars ALL AROUND US that effect our actual livihood that yall silent on. Find something better to do with your time.

Last edited:

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
yawl want this shit to be He got Game so bad

No, what this is the Hollywood cycle. After 20+ years Hollywood re-releases "reboots" of popular films and cult classics to introduce to a new younger audience. Ghostbusters, 21 Jump Street, White Men Can't Jump, House Party, you name it. The Lakers are doing a "reboot" of Kobe in that they are nurturing Bronny's development from scrub and budding star to NBA legend. This is for Gen Z and Alpha, that's why you old niggas and wiggers don't get it.

pookie

BGOL Patreon Investor
Ginobili was a 55th pick and Bronzey took a job from the next Manu Ginobili
Lol...I don't have a problem with Bronny getting drafted, we've all known Bronny was going to the Lakers for like 3 months but I remember being told that NBA guys have said Bronny is NBA material so my opinion means nothing, now that Bronny isn't living up to their words those same NBA players telling me I'm putting to much pressure on the 55th pick.

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor
No, what this is the Hollywood cycle. After 20+ years Hollywood re-releases "reboots" of popular films and cult classics to introduce to a new younger audience. Ghostbusters, 21 Jump Street, White Men Can't Jump, House Party, you name it. The Lakers are doing a "reboot" of Kobe in that they are nurturing Bronny's development from scrub and budding star to NBA legend. This is for Gen Z and Alpha, that's why you old niggas and wiggers don't get it.
He got game came out 3 years into Gen Z

Jesus Shuttlesworth will be known by everybody

Jake Shuttlesworth is definitely Bronze

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
His dad is also the captain of the team, one of the largest sports franchises in the history of sports. He makes an astronomical amount of money to win games and bring in championship rings. He has a certain responsibility to his teammates, coaches and owners. The truth is if the Lakers didnt draft Bronny no other team was going to. He sacrificed the good of the team to get his son drafted. If i am a Lakers fan I am livid over the bullshit,

Nah, because most second round picks don't pan out and end up in the G league

Go look at the second round picks from five, six, seven years ago....

It's basically a scratch off lottery ticket anyway.

The Gilbert Arenas. Jalen Brunson's and Jokers are rare. Hell, the Dillon Brooks are rare where they're solid rotation players.

One issue is when Lebron said that I'd like to play with my son, to infer for someone to draft him.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
There was no reason other than Lebron doesn't have many years left and it seemed to be on his timeline

He could have transferred to another school since his coach left

Tar Heels can't even get guys drafted no more. College basketball is for niggas that can't go pro. :lol:

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor
Nah, because most second round picks don't pan out and end up in the G league

Go look at the second round picks from five, six, seven years ago....

It's basically a scratch off lottery ticket anyway.

The Gilbert Arenas. Jalen Brunson's and Jokers are rare. Hell, the Dillon Brooks are rare where they're solid rotation players.

One issue is when Lebron said that I'd like to play with my son, to infer for someone to draft him.
Draymond Green? Marc Gasol? Toni Kukoc? Glock Rivers? Paul Millsap?

I rather take ALL OF THOSE over Bronzey

Imagine taking Bronzey over Draymond Green because Bronze told them too

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I'll be dat nepo negro

I don't think anyone in here has an issue with a Black Father getting his son a job. Unfortunately it's not just a job though. It's a job that everyone sees how he's doing and if he can perform that job.

Throw in that most if not damn near everyone knows that he's not ready for the NBA. All the criticism isn't about a Black Father getting his son a job, it's about a Father getting his son a job that we all know that he's not qualified for and are cringing watching him fail.

That's just being honest. Now I do believe that Bronny works hard, has basketball skill and will get better. But we All know that he wasn't good enough to be drafted.

Regarding the internship for the person very, very close to you. None of us has an issue with that.

Except the patients when the new intern says "Yeah you do a heart transplant just like this"

f6483934a9c3204861fa4008f365b8746167372c.gif

:roflmao: