If The Earth Was Flat. Why Can”t You See The Edge From A Plane?

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
Can you yourself right now in the physical world take a pen and a basketball and draw a square on it with 4 equal sides is my question. Can you pick up a tape measure and make a square with 4 sides that measure the same length on your tape? Say half inch sides.

Is that a thing you could accomplish if tasked with it? It's a very simple yes or no question, and it is not a "gotcha" question.

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor
Can you yourself right now in the physical world take a pen and a basketball and draw a square on it with 4 equal sides is my question. Can you pick up a tape measure and make a square with 4 sides that measure the same length on your tape? Say half inch sides.

Is that a thing you could accomplish if tasked with it? It's a very simple yes or no question, and it is not a "gotcha" question.
That should be a topic of the rescheduled meeting.

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor

I said yes.

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
I said yes.
Ok cool, thank you.

And you've already acknowledged that the sphere's geometry affects the way that the plane of that square curves.

On a smaller ball, say for instance a ping pong ball, if you drew a square with the exact same measurements, the curvature of that square would be more severe than that of the identical square drawn on the basketball, do you agree?

Or say a beach ball, if you draw the same size square, the curvature of that square would be less severe than on a basketball, correct?

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
On a smaller ball, say for instance a ping pong ball, if you drew a square with the exact same measurements, the curvature of that square would be more severe than that of the identical square drawn on the basketball, do you agree?

yes

Or say a beach ball, if you draw the same size square, the curvature of that square would be less severe than on a basketball, correct?

uhh, did you ask that question right? I would think it would be more severe

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
yes

uhh, did you ask that question right? I would think it would be more severe
I did.

Ping pong ball = smaller = more severely curved square

Beach ball = larger = less severely curved square

Square the same size. The bigger the curved surface it's drawn on, the less severe the curvature of the square.

If you drew the same half inch square on the top of a hot air balloon, the curvature would be so slight that it would probably be imperceptible to the unaided eye.

You get where I'm going? Does this make sense to you? Because we seem to be in step on the basic premise.

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor
I did.

Square the same size. The bigger the curved surface it's drawn on, the less severe the curvature of the square.

If you drew the same half inch square on the top of a hot air balloon, the curvature would be so slight that it would probably be imperceptible to the unaided eye.

You get where I'm going? Does this make sense to you? Because we seem to be in step on the basic premise.
“LMAOOOOOOO @ BABY STEPS TO ROUND EARTH

HE GON SAY “wait a minute” SOON

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor

Yes.

How does that prove we are on a sphere?

You're trying to use this to prove a sphere, but you ignore the fact that the horizon is always eye level. Your spherical geometry doesn't match the euclidian ground upon which we stand.

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
Yes.

How does that prove we are on a sphere?

You're trying to use this to prove a sphere, but you ignore the fact that the horizon is always eye level. Your spherical geometry doesn't match the euclidian ground upon which we stand.
No I am not and I didn't say that.

This is a response to the ridiculous idea that a football field should curve toward the corners since the earth is a sphere.

Nothing I say is to try to prove the earth is a sphere, that's already been taken care of for centuries. The burden of proof of flat earth is on flat earthers, not the other way around.

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
This is a response to the ridiculous idea that a football field should curve toward the corners since the earth is a sphere.

Which I tried to explain to you that's not what I was claiming. You mixed up two different arguments. I was talking about a spherical triangle in reference to a football field.

The whole shit is moot because none of you are going to walk 18K miles in straight lines to prove we live on a ball. You just gonna draw it on a ball then tell me "See, it's a globe, not flat".

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
Which I tried to explain to you that's not what I was claiming. You mixed up two different arguments. I was talking about a spherical triangle in reference to a football field.

The whole shit is moot because none of you are going to walk 18K miles in straight lines to prove we live on a ball. You just gonna draw it on a ball then tell me "See, it's a globe, not flat".
I didn't mix up shit. I don't know if you be lying or you just loosebrained as a muhfucka man, but...

Donjuan posted a video saying if you walk a straight line on a sphere, then make a 90 degree turn, walk another straight line, make another 90 degree turn and you will end up back where you started, making a triangle.

I'M saying, go try that on a football field since where are supposedly on a sphere. You're on a sphere right?? Then it should work....WRONG!

The last examples were an attempt to get you to understand the impact of scale on the idea that is so deftly eluding you.

As for the rest of your argument that because no one here is going to walk the distance to disprove it, multiple people have already told you they've traveled those distances and observed proofs already.

You somehow think your singular rejection of things makes them untrue. That's not how shit works.

I been said this shit, everybody in here get it but you lol

Your belief is that half the fucking global population is in on a lie that the other half doesn't have the ability to detect. But somehow YOU got it figured out.

You should honestly feel like a fucking lunatic when you sit down and really think about that shit.

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
Your belief is that half the fucking global population is in on a lie that the other half doesn't have the ability to detect. But somehow YOU got it figured out.

Dude, I alone am not the flat earth movement. And this shit is way bigger than you think it is. I never said half of the planar population is in on the lie. Most people don't know and don't care. The ones covering this up are the same ones that YOU SAID are withholding info from the general public.

And I like how you continue to ignore points I make that you can't refute. I see you 100%.

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
Dude, I alone am not the flat earth movement. And this shit is way bigger than you think it is. I never said half of the planar population is in on the lie. Most people don't know and don't care. The ones covering this up are the same ones that YOU SAID are withholding info from the general public.

And I like how you continue to ignore points I make that you can't refute. I see you 100%.
No you are not alone, there us a small cadre of retards that you roll with.

You fixate on NASA because you need somebody to blame your conspiracy on.

You accuse everyone of ignoring points that you make that they can't refute, which is dishonest as an assertion because you reject every refutation.

And ironically, you make that accusation while having not once responded to my probably months old question about why the earth has been predominantly believed to be round for centuries before NASA existed.

You can't answer some of these questions because they destroy your belief system, and I get the logic of it. You are a liar though, both to us and to yourself. But I guess to not be so would be to accept that you're also a fool.

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
And ironically, you make that accusation while having not once responded to my probably months old question about why the earth has been predominantly believed to be round for centuries before NASA existed.

Again, people didn't accept the globe theory until the 1850's with Coriolis, which turned out to be false.

How does the horizon rise to eye level on a sphere? Why doesn't it sink below you as it should on a ball?

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
Again, people didn't accept the globe theory until the 1850's with Coriolis, which turned out to be false.

How does the horizon rise to eye level on a sphere? Why doesn't it sink below you as it should on a ball?

*sigh*

WHAT people? WHICH people?

This is what I don't get bro...the majority of the world operates on the idea that the earth is a globe. It's done so for a really long time.

Are you trying to make the argument that the majority of the world thinks that the earth is flat? Tell me of ANY predominant system in society that operates on flat earth principles or ever has. It is not taught in any schools, there are no operational systems in travel or commerce or communications that are based on them. Nothing but scattered conventions at two star hotels with a few handfuls of fucking weirdos. So what really is the point that you're trying to make here?

You are also STILL AND VERY OBVIOUSLY avoiding my question about people's belief that earth was round before NASA was founded. You CONSTANTLY fixate on NASA as the source of this conspiracy when there are over 70 space agencies and over a dozen with launch capability. Why did ANYONE believe earth was round before NASA?

You always try to dodge and parry by asking another question to avoid answering inconvenient ones posed to you. It's wild obvious and ineffective with me.

Regarding your question about horizon and eye level, I do not understand what you are asking.

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member

Also notice how you clipped out and deaded the main part of that exchange once it became apparent that you were wrong.

Then you go with the "I see you" bullshit. You not talking to kids in here bro, damn near everybody you trying to argue with is demonstrably smarter than you.

So the fact that you think your lil deflection tactics are effective is laughable. They only really underscore why you can't be taken seriously.

king reckless

Rising Star
Registered
Also notice how you clipped out and deaded the main part of that exchange once it became apparent that you were wrong.

Then you go with the "I see you" bullshit. You not talking to kids in here bro, damn near everybody you trying to argue with is demonstrably smarter than you.

So the fact that you think your lil deflection tactics are effective is laughable. They only really underscore why you can't be taken seriously.

So, according to him, my body weight becomes heavier towards the North and South Poles because that's the center of gravity, right? Hol up, gravity is static electricity.

According to his planisphere of flat earth, South pole is on the edge. (God save the penguins). That means my body is the heaviest at the North Pole and the lightest at the "South Pole". :rolleyes:

Bruh, fuck flat earth, he doesn't understand why a HELIUM balloon floats in the air. I stayed up all night learning this and more from the Charlie Brown Super Questions and Answers book in the third grade. At this point, I'm upset with his folks.

:lol2:

But dude can post some pussy pics Forrealz.

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator

Btw, I notice how you no longer make that argument about seeing the moon upside down from south of the equator after I posted that video in response. That was your go to for quite a while. I see ya playa.
I'm just chilling at home. And yes, the moon is upside down when you are 200 miles south of Capetown.

Also, there was an eclipse when I was offshore in Angola that I took pictures of while I was on the phone with my wife in LBC that she couldn't see.

It's cool bro. For human experience the world minus whale be flat.

But it fucking isn't. Just like when you plug a 0 into Ohms law. Theoretically it causes and infinity, but there is always some resistance.

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
I'm just chilling at home. And yes, the moon is upside down when you are 200 miles south of Capetown.

Also, there was an eclipse when I was offshore in Angola that I took pictures of while I was on the phone with my wife in LBC that she couldn't see.

It's cool bro. For human experience the world minus whale be flat.

But it fucking isn't. Just like when you plug a 0 into Ohms law. Theoretically it causes and infinity, but there is always some resistance.
Math and science hurt ouch

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I did.

Cashie is like a 2D entity trying to understand a 3D world. It ain’t clicking.

king reckless

Rising Star
Registered
Cashie is like a 2D entity trying to understand a 3D world. It ain’t clicking.
Scary, ain't it? I was in my early 20s and in my online cherry popped in 95. I used to stay my ass in the library. Not saying I'm well read but my crib is flooded with books.

But the thrill and attention span is different. I couldn't read a book in this age. My niece makes home videos at nine. It's cute but I'd love to see her reading instead. Anyway, the world is yours. I'm just observing.

Dude keeps writing about this horizon shit. You can't process everything instantly with your own five senses. It requires some thought based on principles studied.

For instance, if you go by flat earth theories, then how old is he? An earth requires 365 day orbit around the sun by spherical earth.

Fuck the dumb videos. Take some blank paper and draw flat earth, sun, moon, whatever. Then draw the rest of the solar system or whatever they call it. It doesn't add up.

Believe it or not, the sun shines on Mars too.

king reckless

Rising Star
Registered
It's wild watching it happen though man.

I can honestly say I've never seen a nigga so sure of something with an entire room full of muhfuckas explaining with diagrams that he's not lol

It's never EVERYBODY else that's crazy
Okay, here's my take.

He's challenging spoonfed information despite this being a dead argument. I'm cool with that. But he's debating with different levels of science geeks.

I grew up in the late 70s,early 80s so movie wise, Star Wars all day. That piqued an interest about the galaxy. Raiders of the Lost Ark fed curiosity about travel, nature and the Bible. My world, right? I didn't need an internet, there were three sets of encyclopedias and an in school library. The speed of light is like over 186,000 miles a second or hour or whatever. Shit was fascinating.

But as I got older shit started making sense to the point you didn't need to study it, you just understood.

Why do flat earthers think they are so enlightened? I tried to keep it simple but simple observation is not enough. On my end, it requires mathematics.

Last edited:

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Okay, here's my take.

He's challenging spoonfed information despite this being a dead argument. I'm cool with that. But he's debating with different levels of science geeks.

I grew up in the late 70s,early 80s so movie wise, Star Wars all day. That piqued an interest about the galaxy. Raiders of the Lost Ark fed curiosity about travel, nature and the Bible. My world, right? I didn't read an internet, there were three sets of encyclopedias and an in school library. The speed of light is like over 186,000 miles a second or hour or whatever. Shit was fascinating.

But as I got older shit started making sense to the point you didn't need to study it, you just understood.

Why do flat earthers think they are so enlightened? I tried to keep it simple by simple observation is not enough. On my end, it requires mathematics.

Mathematics is my thing as well.

It definitely gets beyond a point where observation is necessary. Once you reach a level of understanding, math does all the talking.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
It's wild watching it happen though man.

I can honestly say I've never seen a nigga so sure of something with an entire room full of muhfuckas explaining with diagrams that he's not lol

It's never EVERYBODY else that's crazy

Right. If I’m smart enough to know when the white man is doing his subtle dumb shit, I would have figured out long ago if he was lying to the entire world about the earth being round. Lmaoo