Jemele Hill has been suspended by ESPN

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Homey has a wife and young kids at home and they're used to living a certain way at this point. I'm interested in how that's going over, because her actions are starting to directly affect him.
If we put our resources together, we can help them live in their white community.

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
just finding out about this now
whats odd is that her comment was pretty harmless...she didnt attack the president or Jerry

if this warrants a suspension ESPN is in big trouble the next years but their personalities cant say anything about sports without offending someone

Reactions: BDR

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
just finding out about this now
whats odd is that her comment was pretty harmless...she didnt attack the president or Jerry

if this warrants a suspension ESPN is in big trouble the next years but their personalities cant say anything about sports without offending someone
She attacked their money. Plus it gives them an opportunity to crush a fly.

Art Vandelay

Importer/exporter
Registered
HBO doesn’t do sports? showtime doesn’t do sports? Netflix shouldn’t get into sports?

You guys are worrying about broadcast tv as if it’s the only game in town. Sports journalism isn’t Atlanta and that rinky-dink highway that went up in smoke. It’s LA! They’re like 40 different highways.

:rolleyes: @ "HBO doesn’t do sports?"

Bill Simmons was easily 10x bigger than Jemele Hill.

You're proving my point.

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor
I'm smh but at the same time understanding. If she cares about keeping her ESPN job, she's got to find the right balance between making statements on social media and not violating the rules of her employer. If she doesn't care about the job and is planning on doing something else to get paid, then go ahead and speak out, get a final check and move on.

preach...you want to be an activist just leave the job...don't go against the job policies and cry after you fucking with their money....its simple...like I said before your in a position to talk sports not politics...

Didnt she shit on Black men after they gave her a hand?

thats why I stop fucking with her...she went after Trump then turn around attacking Brothas...I'm good

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah. They're missing on this one because of the previous ESPN bullshit. You can't even remotely discussing boycotting the companies that pay your bills. ESPN ain't shit, but this was not going to end any other way. You can't fuck with the money.

She was talking about boycotting the Cowboys' advertisers.

So how did that jump to boycotting the NFL and ultimately ESPN advertisers?

I'm no fan of Jamelle because she has shitted on black men in the past, especially during the Ray Rice situation, but this suspension seems like bullshit to me.

She'll likely be gone from ESPN within a year at this rate.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
She was talking about boycotting the Cowboys' advertisers.

So how did that jump to boycotting the NFL and ultimately ESPN advertisers?

I'm no fan of Jamelle because she has shitted on black men in the past, especially during the Ray Rice situation, but this suspension seems like bullshit to me.

She'll likely be gone from ESPN within a year at this rate.

Do ESPN and Cowboys have the same advertisers? Doesn't ESPN get hurt if the Cowboys playing on their network? They all in bed together...Trump, BSPN, Jerry.....all have fleas on them.

Ill Paragraph

Lord of the Perfect Black
BGOL Investor
Peace,

she retweeted it but also cosigned the article as well....

So what if she did?

You cats are in here acting as if one retweet completely invalidates everything that she’s stood for. Sisters are always going to think that brothers need to treat them better and show them more respect. Why would you use that to turn your back on someone who has used her position to speak in favor of social justice?

peterlongshort

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Peace,

So what if she did?

You cats are in here acting as if one retweet completely invalidates everything that she’s stood for. Sisters are always going to think that brothers need to treat them better and show them more respect. Why would you use that to turn your back on someone who has used her position to speak in favor of social justice?
She stands for social justice for homosexuals and Democrats. I'm not sure how this is so hard to understand. Calling straight black men white supremacists is not just one fucking retweet. Fuck her and fuck ESPN.

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Well, I'll give it two weeks. If they kill the show, cancelling ESPN. Shit is getting stupid.

If the Cowboys players lay down and dont do shit, their season is done :smh:

Jemele Hill might as well go to Fox1 with Shannon Sharp. Fuck Twitter, let your people do that social media work. She sacrificed a PRIME spot, that many far more talented BLACK sports talent coveted for decades, over fucking twitter. RIDICULOUS

ESPN is probably done, they will need to reboot with all new young white talent. Only sucker ass Black people will support this station moving forward.

We really need our own entertainment outlets.

Ill Paragraph

BGOL Investor
Peace,

She stands for social justice for homosexuals and Democrats. I'm not sure how this is so hard to understand. Calling straight black men white supremacists is not just one fucking retweet. Fuck her and fuck ESPN.

If you have a moment, please climb off of your high horse and explain to us exactly what you’ve done to support the cause (and n addition to talking shit on a message board, of course).

This sister put it on the line to stand up to the racist bully who currently sits in the White House AND his supporters. And you?

peterlongshort

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Peace,

If you have a moment, please climb off of your high horse and explain to us exactly what you’ve done to support the cause (and n addition to talking shit on a message board, of course).

This sister put it on the line to stand up to the racist bully who currently sits in the White House AND his supporters. And you?
No high horse. These are just facts. Facts that you can't refute so you try to make it about me. Fuck her and Fuck ESPN. -signed, black straight male.

Ill Paragraph

BGOL Investor
Peace,

No high horse. These are just facts. Facts that you can't refute so you try to make it about me. Fuck her and Fuck ESPN. -signed, black straight male.

Now you’re sounding childish. A lot of you cats - who haven’t done a single, goddamned thing for black people - are trying to shit on someone who is obviously down. THAT’S the only fact.

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Oh well...she was put on notice...and basically said fuck you and ur job....Imma flap my gums as I please......spend the two weeks by the pool drinking long island ice teas !!!

peterlongshort

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Peace,

Now you’re sounding childish. A lot of you cats - who haven’t done a single, goddamned thing for black people - are trying to shit on someone who is obviously down. THAT’S the only fact.
....what has she done for black people my man? Please tell me what she has done for black people. And please don't use tweets as an example, since by your own analysis, one should not be judged by one's tweets.

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor
Peace,

cats do support just because you don't see it doesn't mean its not happening...next this chick is fighting the good fight...but don't jeopardize your career.....they told her not to violate their social media policy and thats what she did....how can someone get piss she got reprimanded for breaking policy....remember she works for ESPN not CNN these tweets are not going to sit well with the company she works for...

Ill Paragraph

BGOL Investor
Peace,

....what has she done for black people my man? Please tell me what she has done for black people. And please don't use tweets as an example, since by your own analysis, one should not be judged by one's tweets.

At great professional risk, she called out the White House and her employer on their anti-black hypocrisy. Obviously, her tweets were seen as threatening, otherwise she wouldn’t have been suspended.

Your posts, on the other hand..