Julien Alfred WINS GOLD IN THE WOMEN'S 100M Gabby Thomas Sha'Carri Richardson , Shericka Jackson, Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
Do you think 9.58, will ever be broken?

Yes, but no time soon. It will take another genetic anomaly and favorable external factors, to break Usain's record. Every generation of athletes produces bigger, stronger, and faster athletes than the previous. It's only a matter of time....

Let's break down the factors to make it happen:
  1. Sleeping, eating, and resting
  2. Genetics (longer legs, higher calf insertion, thicker legs)
  3. Training/methodology/equipment i.e., shoe grip factor (yep, this makes you faster)
  4. Block explosion (getting an explosive start)
  5. Acceleration - ability to accelerate from 50-100
  6. Favorable wind factor

Last edited:

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Yes, but no time soon. It will take another genetic anomaly/oddity to break Usain's record. Every generation of athletes produces bigger, stronger, and faster athletes than the previous. It's only a matter of time....

yeah I used to think Michael Johnson's 19.32 200m record might not be touched in my lifetime but then Bolt came along and then Blake and now Lyles broke it as well

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The NBA is composed of the best players in the world, making it the best league and best teams.

Those international teams wouldn't beat a NBA team. Those other teams are composed of old, washed up or players who weren't good enough for the NBA.

This isn't the NFL where two countries play it.
dude none of that matters...its great the NBA lets in foreigners but all that means is those guys play for domestic teams who ONLY PLAY EACH OTHER.

After the NBA became an official league, the finals were renamed to NBA World Championship Series from 1950 to 1985.

While the World Series, Super Bowl and Stanley Cup are hallowed sports institutions, the NBA changed the name of its championship series three times in this decade.

Until 1982, the official name was the NBA World Championship Series.

Then the league, armed with a new television contract that finally put all championship series games in prime time or Sunday afternoon, made a failed attempt at a glitzy tag.

The next two years, the NBA tried Showdown ’83 and Showdown ’84 on for size and it didn’t fit.

In 1985, the NBA introduced a new playoff logo and went back to NBA World Championship Series before settling on simplicity -- The NBA Finals -- in 1986.

They transitioned into simply calling it the NBA Finals since then, but have kept the tag "World Champions."

why change the name if they believe its true??

I dont get why people are finding it hard to understand what Lyles means and how its true????

And your bold statement is just not true...how many olympic dreams teams have lost gold to the another country team?? those are NBA players the best in the world getting BRONZE or failing to make it to the podium at all some years..

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
F44S-X-XwAA-02A

F44S_RQW0AAZRQo