Just Came From Shopping - WATER & TOILET PAPER ARE GONE!!!!

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Are people running out to buy soap?

I've never been big on hand sanitizer. I keep it and wipes around only for when I'm out.

Why do people have sanitizer at home?

You know what? You have a point! Why is hand sanitizer so hard to find if everyone’s supposed to be in the house?

I only use it when I’m out and would never use it when I’m in the house.

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Patreon Investor
Are people running out to buy soap?

I've never been big on hand sanitizer. I keep it and wipes around only for when I'm out.

Why do people have sanitizer at home?
Too lazy to wash their hands. Soap and water is much better when available.

No they aren’t, just Goes to show how dumb people are. hand sanitizer is good for when you’re out and about but since all these people are claiming they are staying at home unless they have to leave then they shouldn’t need so much of it because they’d be washing their hands instead

pookie

BGOL Patreon Investor
You know what? You have a point! Why is hand sanitizer so hard to find if everyone’s supposed to be in the house?

I only use it when I’m out and would never use it when I’m in the house.

I had to get a friend to get me some and she told me to keep the sanitizer in my car and use it when I’m out and about and when I’m home to just wash my hands

Last edited:

cnc

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
Trader Joe’s usually has two oz hand sanitizer sprays available in the morning; limit two at mine but they get the job done.

Hand-Sanitizer-Spray-2.jpg

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
50 Masks for $30.00 Its not an especially great deal, but according to the comments the dealer is reputable and I haven't been able to find them any where I trust.

My sister sent me a few, but I don't want to reuse them if I can avoid it. Also it kept sliding up to my eyes to where I had to keep touching my fact to pull it down. I ordered some surgical tape to be able to keep them in place.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
These are the Kn95 masks. The KN was recently approved for medical professionals. 5 for $17.00 but according to this article, some of the KN masks from china had issues: https://wgntv.com/news/coronavirus/...-that-are-now-being-recalled-in-other-states/ I only want them to shop once every 1-2 weeks. I'm thinking about layering it with one of the ones above.

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Supermarket Manager Blasts Hoarder Who Wants Refund for 4,800 Rolls of TP
By MHApr 16, 2020

When the whole coronavirus outbreak started, many people rushed out to their local supermarkets to load up on essential supplies due to the uncertainty in the future. Over a month later, many of these items are still in short supply, namely toilet paper and hand sanitizer. To make matters worse, a number of hoarders went out and ravaged the supplies either out of fear or in hopes of flipping the items for a profit.
Now, over a month into the pandemic, many hoarders who bought tons of supplies are finding out that they bought way too much, had their profit flipping operations shut down and/or are finding out that retailers don't accept returns on them.

A manager of a supermarket in Australia recounts an interaction he had with a customer who wanted a refund on 150 packs of toilet paper each containing 32 rolls (that's a total of 3,200 rolls) and 150 1L bottles of hand sanitizer (that's just shy of 40 gallons).
The manager says when the customer asked him for a refund on the items, he offered him a middle finger. "That is the sort of person that is causing the problem in the whole country. If everyone had just bought the things they had needed for their immediate short term, we would be fine. But the reality is that we've had so many people hoarding products and buying products that they're never going to use and you wanna ask why there's a limit. Well, the limit is so we can try and share whatever product we get in for whatever particular time it comes in that everyone that comes in for our shopping experience can get something."
Photo: Getty Images

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
By MHApr 16, 2020

When the whole coronavirus outbreak started, many people rushed out to their local supermarkets to load up on essential supplies due to the uncertainty in the future. Over a month later, many of these items are still in short supply, namely toilet paper and hand sanitizer. To make matters worse, a number of hoarders went out and ravaged the supplies either out of fear or in hopes of flipping the items for a profit.
Now, over a month into the pandemic, many hoarders who bought tons of supplies are finding out that they bought way too much, had their profit flipping operations shut down and/or are finding out that retailers don't accept returns on them.

A manager of a supermarket in Australia recounts an interaction he had with a customer who wanted a refund on 150 packs of toilet paper each containing 32 rolls (that's a total of 3,200 rolls) and 150 1L bottles of hand sanitizer (that's just shy of 40 gallons).
The manager says when the customer asked him for a refund on the items, he offered him a middle finger. "That is the sort of person that is causing the problem in the whole country. If everyone had just bought the things they had needed for their immediate short term, we would be fine. But the reality is that we've had so many people hoarding products and buying products that they're never going to use and you wanna ask why there's a limit. Well, the limit is so we can try and share whatever product we get in for whatever particular time it comes in that everyone that comes in for our shopping experience can get something."

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
By MHApr 16, 2020

Says the supermarket who sold that many to the guy in the first place.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
NewEgg has 50 masks $30.00. I realize this is still 3x the amount masks should cost, but since some places are mandating people wear them, and most places are sold out, if you don't want to make your own, it's an alternative.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
NewEgg has 50 masks $30.00. I realize this is still 3x the amount masks should cost, but since some places are mandating people wear them, and most places are sold out, if you don't want to make your own, it's an alternative.

Props for posting

pookie

BGOL Patreon Investor
By MHApr 16, 2020

The crazy thing is dumbass people are still buying up toilet paper, i saw someone in Walmart yesterday complaining because they couldn’t get TWO big 24 rolls of tissue. The Walmart in my city cut all that shit out, one case of water, one pack of tissue, one bottle of bleach, they said when someone tries to bring more than one of the item the cashier doesn’t say anything just puts the extra item to the side. There are big signs by the items and at the cash register so people know what they doing when they try it

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Bar soap traps germs. Hand dispenser soap is better. You can get huge refill bottles for 1.00 at dollar tree

I have one of the auto dispensers. My fam moved in for a while and the kids would keep colds. I changed to a pump and things improved. When I went with the battery operated dispensers it eliminated the problem.

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
50 Masks for $30.00 Its not an especially great deal, but according to the comments the dealer is reputable and I haven't been able to find them any where I trust.

My sister sent me a few, but I don't want to reuse them if I can avoid it. Also it kept sliding up to my eyes to where I had to keep touching my fact to pull it down. I ordered some surgical tape to be able to keep them in place.

I saw these on slickdeals and decided not to get them. The item description mentions 95% filtration. These aren't going to filter as much as an N95 mask. If the description is inaccurate, what else might they have gotten wrong?

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Says the supermarket who sold that many to the guy in the first place.
They got hit so hard in the beginning, they couldn't stop it. The store policies had not been put in place.

By the time limits were put on purchases, most supplies were nearly out.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
I saw these on slickdeals and decided not to get them. The item description mentions 95% filtration. These aren't going to filter as much as an N95 mask. If the description is inaccurate, what else might they have gotten wrong?
They're closer to surgical masks than N95s, which aren't pleated like these. It's not any sort of deceptive ad but I feel you if the N95 is what you were looking for specifically.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
They got hit so hard in the beginning, they couldn't stop it. The store policies had not been put in place.

By the time limits were put on purchases, most supplies were nearly out.
And with all the data they collect and millions they spend on inventory software they didn;'t notice that Toilet tissue was flying off the shelves?

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
They're closer to surgical masks than N95s, which aren't pleated like these. It's not any sort of deceptive ad but I feel you if the N95 is what you were looking for specifically.

Another reason I didn't buy them was that people were saying that the material was thin like a napkin and that the string would come unglued way too easily.

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
And with all the data they collect and millions they spend on inventory software they didn;'t notice that Toilet tissue was flying off the shelves?
Of course, but if they didn't have a policy in place, they couldn't stop people from purchasing.

Plus, I'm sure in the beginning, they were happy w/ the sales. Who knew stores would be out of TP and paper towels for this long.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
Another reason I didn't buy them was that people were saying that the material was thin like a napkin and that the string would come unglued way too easily.
I'd have passed too if I'd read such reviews...muhfuckas rushing bullshit to the market just to cash in. :angry::smh:

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
I went to the local grocery store last night around 6pm a hour before they closed to get some beer, produce and snacks.

At that time of the day they were still pretty much fully stocked.

The only shit they were completely out of was paper products, laundry stuff, household cleaners, Ramen noodles (Instant noodles), Rice and beans in large bags and frozen pizza.

Everything else in the place was fully stocked.