Just Came From Shopping - WATER & TOILET PAPER ARE GONE!!!!

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
90125219_3002252533153755_8613139789199179776_n.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Shoutout to the grocery retailers who are running smooth operations at the moment. I.E. - proper spacing / distancing in and outside of the store. Plexiglass shields/covers at the checkouts for clerks. Cleaning staff going around sanitizing high traffic areas & payment areas. Reduced number of customers in stores. Increased hours of cleaning between closure & opening each day. Limits on important items in store to avoid continued panic buying, etc.

cnc

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
I just got back from Costco. Walked right in at 10a; got a sanitized cart; got what I needed. One per member of toilet paper, paper towel, vinegar (wtf, vinegar). Paid and left.

I stepped outside at 10:25; line was wrapped around the building; plus they have some kind of swirling social distancing setup at the front; it looked like an easy 45 minute to an hour wait. :smh:

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
I just got back from Costco. Walked right in at 10a; got a sanitized cart; got what I needed. One per member of toilet paper, paper towel, vinegar (wtf, vinegar). Paid and left.

I stepped outside at 10:25; line was wrapped around the building; plus they have some kind of swirling social distancing setup at the front; it looked like an easy 45 minute to an hour wait. :smh:
some people use vinegar for cleaning as well, mix it with bleach or ammonia.

cnc

BGOL Gold Member
some people use vinegar for cleaning as well, mix it with bleach or ammonia.
We add it in clothes in the wash machine and in the the dishes in the dishwasher. I’ve always gotten a full box of four with no issues before today.

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Water and toilet paper are non-essential luxuries that you don't really need. True you should always have at least a month worth of toilet paper in the house, I have a West Indian wife, and she always has back up toiletries, but even if you run out you can use napkins and even paper towels for short term fixes, and as for water a good water filter (as I have been preaching for years) is essential because in this crises there should be running water, even if you are worried about losing water then you can save your own water yourself.

cnc

BGOL Gold Member
Water and toilet paper are non-essential luxuries that you don't really need. True you should always have at least a month worth of toilet paper in the house, I have a West Indian wife, and she always has back up toiletries, but even if you run out you can use napkins and even paper towels for short term fixes, and as for water a good water filter (as I have been preaching for years) is essential because in this crises there should be running water, even if you are worried about losing water then you can save your own water yourself.

Gotta disagree about toilet paper being a luxury fam; your alternatives are indeed correct; however the risk to your plumbing is real (old habits die hard for folks) and having a container full of shit napkins and towels until trash day ain’t the move. If anything, toilet paper is more essential; napkins and paper towel; you can always use towels or dish rags to wipes your mouth or hands and then throw em in the washing machine.

Your point about a water filter is spot on.

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Gotta disagree about toilet paper being a luxury fam; your alternatives are indeed correct; however the risk to your plumbing is real (old habits die hard for folks) and having a container full of shit napkins and towels until trash day ain’t the move. If anything, toilet paper is more essential; napkins and paper towel; you can always use towels or dish rags to wipes your mouth or hands and then throw em in the washing machine.

Your point about a water filter is spot on.
Comfort is a luxury in survival mode, the key is prioritizing the essentials first, then when you are good, then you can grab all the toilet paper your heart desires. This is advice from a guy who been in strict lockdown for almost three weeks.

Reactions: cnc

cnc

BGOL Gold Member
Comfort is a luxury in survival mode, the key is prioritizing the essentials first, then when you are good, then you can grab all the toilet paper your heart desires. This is advice from a guy who been in strict lockdown for almost three weeks.

Thats a fair point. I suppose if worse comes to worse, old clothes can be used rather than going to the Goodwill, lol.

Stay safe fam.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
I went to the grocery store, and got more water easily.

The toilet paper and paper towel was cleaned out like the store was closing. I have plenty though.

I've talked to people and apparently some people thought this was a hoax and didn't think about toilet paper until they didn't have much left.

I didn't care for this brand when I tried it in the past...

I got two things of their disinfectant wipes from Target, because that's all they had

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member

I been thinking about getting a filter, just for those was case situations.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Seriously though, can someone please advise how to get toilet paper?

Is there a plug or a trick?

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I was down to my last roll so I went grocery store just after 7am this morning. I had a couple of items to get, of course the toilet paper aisle was empty like products had never been there in life!

I did self checkout and was checked out and leaving. As I was a walking out I saw a pack of toilet paper, paper towels and water.

I grabbed the toilet paper and looked a worker, he said that I could take it. I guess they keep them up front and are rationing them out one at a time.

It was the last one, I was...

f97.gif