Kendrick Lamar disses Drake & J Cole on Metro Boomin & Futures Album/ Rick Ross Responds/ Kanye Responds/Kendrick Responds 4X / Drake Responds 3X

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Kedis and Flea of RHCP are huge hip-hop fans and the band is unapologetically LA. I'm not shocked by this at all.

I was in Victoria, B.C. about 5 - 6 years back for my cousin's 20th anniversary. Her and her husband hosted a fancy lunch at one of the hotels for family. As we're waiting another cousin goes - "I just saw Flea out front ... him and his chick are walking around in the city"

I laughed like "oh shit - are the Chili Peppers currently touring here?"

Cousin - "I dunno ... he stands out in a crowd with his assorted hair colors though"

:roflmao3:

:cheers:

Lower9Nupe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Did you hear what 50 actually said about Drake? He basically called the masses simple muthafuckas (sheep). They hear what they hear and the believe whatever the fuck they want to believe. He said Drake could comeback with something God-like and it wouldn't matter. It's simply what folks want to hear and what they want to believe. (LOL)

Why does this have merit? In 50's mind he ain't the same dude from Queens. You don't lose Queens because you're a success but your values and understanding of life should change to some degree based on education, exposure, etc. and he's been exposed to the world. Fast forward to Drake and Kendrick. How exactly does a mofo like Kendrick with a $145MM net worth write a song for nickel and dime mofos talking about "They Ain't Like Us"? Who the fuck is us? The dumbest part is he's rapping about a dude with a $245MM net worth. If anybody is like Drake it's his rich ass. Meanwhile we work our asses off trying to earn a living and thinking about how we're going to pay our next bill. I ain't like either one of those muthafuckas. Seems off. The song got a nice hook but to take that shit literally is dumb as fuck. Drake's father is Black and from fuckin' Memphis. (CTFU)

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I'm trying to figure out if he's a piece or a sack of shit? :confused:

You would think Pac estate, the city of Oakland, Ebro, and everyone dancing on that stage would be trying to whoop that man feet.

It's about the culture? Ain't it?

You think The Bay gone let you disrespect Pac nigga?

I GUESS WE HAVE OUR ANSWER.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Well gawd damn @REDLINE

When I joke about they not loyal... I mean not to Drake and Canada

But wow wow wow they loyal to EACH OTHER

(Respect to RHCP though this was a lighthearted jab)

I guess there is a Neverending truce between sets now? They uniting to show black unity! No more gang violence! No more divisions! Its not Not about blocks, hoods, colors? Even Mexicans are welcome! A unified West Coast! This is great news for the culture!

They not like US (but only West Coast f**k all the rest of yall)

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

pd_174187702_3_jpg-JS918198996.jpg

TheFuser

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yup Flea has a huge classic hiphop vinyl collection too . He also is friends with Q Tip and other hiphop artists. They always been one of my favorite bands. Under the bridge and califorornication are always on rotation .

I always loved them too. Anthony Kedis finds ways to sneak spoken word poetry onto their albums.

Spot on about Flea. Made me remember this interview about how much he loved and respected Dilla