Lupin Netflix Discussion Thread

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor
@ViCiouS

Lupin on-set robbery becomes second Netflix show theft in one week

One day after a heist on 'The Crown' set, the French Netflix series faces similar damages.
By Rachel SchonbergerMarch 02, 2022 at 12:23 PM EST

On Feb. 25, while filming Part 3 of Netflix's hit French series Lupin, a theft occurred, and not the kind that typically happens on a show about a professional thief.
The offenders threw mortar fireworks at the set in Nanterre, right outside of Paris, stealing over $300,000 of equipment, according to Agence France-Presse.
The incident comes just one day after a $200,000 theft of antique props on the set of another Netflix show, The Crown.
"There was an incident on 25th February while filming the upcoming season of Lupin," a Netflix spokesperson told EW in a statement. "Our cast and crew are safe and there were no injuries. We have now resumed filming."
The heist thriller began filming its third installment in November, according to a tweet from Netflix.

Lupin's 2021 premiere reached Netflix's U.S. Top 10 List, the first French series to do so. In its Part 2 finale in June, Omar Sy's character, Assane Diop, exacted revenge on Hubert Pellegrini, the man who framed his father.
"Lupin is a toy, because it's everything," Sy told EW in July. "He's charming, you have action, you have the drama, you have all of that, and also you have funny moments."

A release date for Part 3 has not yet been announced.
irony

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Season one and two each had 5 episodes.

We getting 7, we can’t complain.

This is a European series, they keep their series short and to the point. They don’t drag shit out like American series.

I know bro trust me.

Me and @Helico-pterFunk have been a proponent of that format being used in the States for years.

But I love this one so much because it's a black lead, I can watch with the kids and we watch it sometimes in French for practice.

So I got no issues for them dragging this one out

I wanted at least one more season outside France.

Sidebar...

Also I did not like the staggered release they did throughout this season so far. Especially the time between season 2 and 3

Politic Negro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Netflix has announced that Season 3 will debut October 5, 2023.

It will have 7 episodes.:16
FuKhb28XoAA6hnB

shirine-boutella-attends-the-6th-canneseries-international-festival-day-three-on-april-16.jpg
ludivine-sagnier-attends-the-ceremonie-des-lumieres-2023-at-forum-des-images-on-january-16.jpg

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
Lupin
Part 3
Official Trailer
Debuts October 5, 2023

Whoda thunk it ol boy was a Baguette, escargot swilling fruitloop eating Fenchman. Man, anything is possible! Except for that Fench Mirage ever sorting in Operations Southern and Northern Watch. :hmm: