Marvel Movie Discussion: The Eternals f/ Angelina Jolie, Kit Harrington UPDATE: PART 2 COMING?

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Watched the movie for first time the other day with my kids.

No need repeating what has been already said.

It’s a slow burn movie, the first that the MCU has put out. I expect more like it in the future.

Some of my pet peeves was trying to figure out who was who and the characters name. It took me about a hour into the film to put name to face.

Im only familiar with the Eternals from the 70s/80s with what cameos they had in titles like Thor or Avengers. Other than that I am clueless on who they are.

The film gave a sub-standard bio on their history. My other pet peeve is this film should have been made instead into a series with a minimum of 3 seasons to go more in-depth of these characters and their relationship with the Celestial’s.

And I wasn’t too happy with what they did with the Celestial’s and their purpose in the Universe. The big plot mistake with them is their connections with the Planets population for energy and being they did not respond to Thanos fucking shit up. As soon as Thanos did that Snap, it should have sent a APB to the Celestial’s to unite and take his ass down.

It was a ok movie, not in the top of all MCU movies overall.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Watched the movie for first time the other day with my kids.

No need repeating what has been already said.

It’s a slow burn movie, the first that the MCU has put out. I expect more like it in the future.

Some of my pet peeves was trying to figure out who was who and the characters name. It took me about a hour into the film to put name to face.

Im only familiar with the Eternals from the 70s/80s with what cameos they had in titles like Thor or Avengers. Other than that I am clueless on who they are.

The film gave a sub-standard bio on their history. My other pet peeve is this film should have been made instead into a series with a minimum of 3 seasons to go more in-depth of these characters and their relationship with the Celestial’s.

And I wasn’t too happy with what they did with the Celestial’s and their purpose in the Universe. The big plot mistake with them is their connections with the Planets population for energy and being they did not respond to Thanos fucking shit up. As soon as Thanos did that Snap, it should have sent a APB to the Celestial’s to unite and take his ass down.

It was a ok movie, not in the top of all MCU movies overall.

Perfect

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member

That popped into my head also.

The other thing is the movie takes place shortly after Infinity War, which puts it along WandaVision, F&WS, Loki, Hawkeye and Moon Knight.

No mention of it there.

There have been a number of plotholes since Iron Man with timelines and exactly when things actually happen.

A wild theory I came up with is that it has to do with what the Ancient One told Bruce Banner with the time line, What Kane told Loki on time and what we saw with Doctor Strange dealing with the multi-verse.

My theory is that Marvel presented the movies and shows as one continuous time line in continuity. What actually has happened is that the films/series are each separate stories in different timelines or multi-verses. They aren’t all following each other.

It would explain perfectly why Odin had a Infinity Gauntlet in his weapons room.

It explains why the Celestial Eson used the Power stone to destroy a whole planets population when the Collector was explaining the Stones

It explains why Hela called the Infinity Gauntlet a fake.

It gives a somewhat explanation on Captain America going back in time to put the Stones back where they came from…which really makes no sense when you think about it, cuz events should actually repeat itself.

It explains why there were so many Infinity Stones in the desk drawer Loki had discovered.

And it somewhat explains why the Celestial’s never confronted Thanos when he got the stones together and after the Snap.

The MCU might use that theory to close everything up here in the upcoming movies.

We will wait and see.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

The other thing is the movie takes place shortly after Infinity War, which puts it along WandaVision, F&WS, Loki, Hawkeye and Moon Knight.

No mention of it there.

There have been a number of plotholes since Iron Man with timelines and exactly when things actually happen.

A wild theory I came up with is that it has to do with what the Ancient One told Bruce Banner with the time line, What Kane told Loki on time and what we saw with Doctor Strange dealing with the multi-verse.

My theory is that Marvel presented the movies and shows as one continuous time line in continuity. What actually has happened is that the films/series are each separate stories in different timelines or multi-verses. They aren’t all following each other.

It would explain perfectly why Odin had a Infinity Gauntlet in his weapons room.

It explains why the Celestial Eson used the Power stone to destroy a whole planets population when the Collector was explaining the Stones

It gives a somewhat explanation on Captain America going back in time to put the Stones back where they came from…which really makes no sense when you think about it, cuz events should actually repeat itself.

It explains why there were so many Infinity Stones in the desk drawer Loki had discovered.

And it somewhat explains why the Celestial’s never confronted Thanos when he got the stones together and after the Snap.

The MCU might use that theory to close everything up here in the upcoming movies.

We will wait and see.

Copy this

Email it to yourself

Delete this post

I'll call Feige in a few days.

Sit tight

Marvel makes the world go round

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor

No mention of it there.

We will wait and see.

Man that’s deep. Time anomalies in 616 and multiverse ripples that are affecting time dilation? Interesting theory. Great observation! If I had to fight just one Celestial I’m calling everybody and their Grandmama because we probably ain’t gonna survive that shit.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Man that’s deep. Time anomalies in 616 and multiverse ripples that are affecting time dilation? Interesting theory. Great observation! If I had to fight just one Celestial I’m calling everybody and their Grandmama because we probably ain’t gonna survive that shit.

I watched Thor: Love and Thunder last night for the first time on Disney+

I just posted my review on the movie in the Thor thread.

With what we saw with the two Celestial’s at Omnipotence City along with the last 15 minutes of the film in the Temple of Eternity.

My theory makes a little more sense somewhat.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
I watched Thor: Love and Thunder last night for the first time on Disney+

I just posted my review on the movie in the Thor thread.

With what we saw with the two Celestial’s at Omnipotence City along with the last 15 minutes of the film in the Temple of Eternity.

My theory makes a little more sense somewhat.

Yep, I saw that stone head of a celestial. But from what I know Eternity isn’t more powerful the One Above All. And not to side track but Zeus being afraid of a God Killer? Gtfoh!

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor

I keep forgetting that all things considered this movie DID make serious money

Nah. $400 million at the box office, but cost $400 million to make and market.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I believe it...... dude thought this was gonna really launch his career to the next level.

I'm not sure where/how he started but I do recall seeing him about 12 years ago with "Zach Morris" and Breckin Meyer on the TV show Franklin & Bash..... and while he was funny and reoccurring, it was a bit part.

Your hit TV show stalls after 4 season and you land small tv / movie roll after another mayne and indy movie here or there.......

Then co-lead of a fucking Marvel movie...... but there's a pandemic........and knee caps you again.

I never saw Eternals......was it really that bad?

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
dumb-and-dumber-toilet.gif

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I believe it...... dude thought this was gonna really launch his career to the next level.

I'm not sure where/how he started but I do recall seeing him about 12 years ago with "Zach Morris" and Breckin Meyer on the TV show Franklin & Bash..... and while he was funny and reoccurring, it was a bit part.

Your hit TV show stalls after 4 season and you land small tv / movie roll after another mayne and indy movie here or there.......

Then co-lead of a fucking Marvel movie...... but there's a pandemic........and knee caps you again.

For some reason the same nerds who hated now are trying to retrofit that it was too "adult mature serious " for your AVERAGE super hero movie fan.

Which is bullsh*t

It was NOT horrible

But it wasn't good.

if you read this thread we already broke it down.

Sidebar... Best scenic cinematography I have seen in this genre EVER.

peterlongshort

Rising Star
Platinum Member

It was a fail. I was rooting for it because the homie Tyree Henry was in it…. but no. Shit was wildly ineffective.

Goingmark40

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
eternals was definitely different from all the other marvel movies. the action was slower but the storyline was pretty good and deep. i liked it but it's not something i could recommend to my family members.....maybe certain ones

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
it was decent but so much more could have been done.

Also the celestial was mentioned in either a News show or news paper in one of the other movies/shows. Don't remember which one.
I can name 30 comic book movies that were worse than this movie.