Marvel Movie Discussion: The Eternals f/ Angelina Jolie, Kit Harrington UPDATE: PART 2 COMING?

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
So you giving Pascal a pass for that?
39962390.jpg

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
It is one of the highest rated MCU films, no movie is for everyone, but it was a dope MCU flick

I think that had a lot to do with it being one of the first asian super hero movies. Since all the hype died down you never hear it mentioned.

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
I saw Eternals on my day off yesterday on Disney+. It wasn't a bad movie, just wasn't needed for the overall MCU. Is anyone clamoring to se these characters again? The Eternals were never stars in the comics. Eros, the Starfox was kinda forced on fans in the Avengers in the 80's. I never remember fans asking for him to join in the letter pages. Sersi became an Avenger in the 90's, if I recall. Again though, who really cared. The best thing about the movie was Kingo's valet.

catdaddy

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I saw Eternals on my day off yesterday on Disney+. It wasn't a bad movie, just wasn't needed for the overall MCU. Is anyone clamoring to se these characters again? The Eternals were never stars in the comics. Eros, the Starfox was kinda forced on fans in the Avengers in the 80's. I never remember fans asking for him to join in the letter pages. Sersi became an Avenger in the 90's, if I recall. Again though, who really cared. The best thing about the movie was Kingo's valet.
Kingo was a lil bitch.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
There were several plot holes and lazy writing taking place.

From Katy becoming a master archer overnight. Shang Chi being able to fly and control dragons, let alone not being afraid of riding a dragon. Shang Chi's time-line not making sense, why the mandarin(Wenwu) had to drive thru the forest and not take a helicopter to the waterfall. Why Wenwu gave up the rings if it makes him immortal. Shang Chi hadn't fought or trained in years, yet he beat up everyone. Let's not even get into the mystic arts part of the movie, too many why's going on there.

It wasn't terrible. But, there is definitely a chink in the MCU armor.
Biggest question is, why the fuck was Wong hanging out with Abomination?

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There were several plot holes and lazy writing taking place.

From Katy becoming a master archer overnight. Shang Chi being able to fly and control dragons, let alone not being afraid of riding a dragon. Shang Chi's time-line not making sense, why the mandarin(Wenwu) had to drive thru the forest and not take a helicopter to the waterfall. Why Wenwu gave up the rings if it makes him immortal. Shang Chi hadn't fought or trained in years, yet he beat up everyone. Let's not even get into the mystic arts part of the movie, too many why's going on there.

It wasn't terrible. But, there is definitely a chink in the MCU armor.
giphy.gif

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
The Eternals is not everyone's cup of tea but I was shocked at how much I enjoyed it, kicks open a lot of doors for the future of the MCU.
In my opinion this was the worse MCU movie I've ever seen. Feel asleep twice. I'm not a comic book head and therefore am not getting the "hidden messages and innuendos" others are frothing over in this thread lol.
Suppose this one was for the diehards

LennyNero1972

Sleeping Deity.
BGOL Investor
Yeah a lot of stuff may have gone over peoples heads, you do have to be somewhat familiar with The Eternals backstory especially the history of The Celestials. You can watch Rob Jefferson's Comics Explained channel for a detailed summary of their origins.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
In my opinion this was the worse MCU movie I've ever seen. Feel asleep twice. I'm not a comic book head and therefore am not getting the "hidden messages and innuendos" others are frothing over in this thread lol.
Suppose this one was for the diehards

I'm a diehard I actually had Eternal comics and Kirby fan dc and marvel

I feel asleep myself

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
My issue is...

They made it a "marvel" movie

When it didn't have to be, shouldn't have been and no one expected to be.

I guarantee that is not the movie the director wanted.

It was fine. Had great moments small and large. Great actors. Interesting premise

Looked FREAKING AMAZING

but it's the execution and final result that matter.

We didn't need a big bad battle finale.

The philosophical arguments the family moments the SCALE of the battles was the key points.

Why even make that other boss level character if you wouldn't have time to flesh him out?

They worked more on how cool his eyes were going to look when they should have concentrated on character development.

Don't waste Selma. WTF?!?

Nah let me stop I swore I wasn't gonna go back in.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
I went back and tried to look at this movie and it was awful. Ikaris a lame and traitor. Gilgamesh being killed by a bullshit foe. Angelina with the fake pump talking about how she always wanted to fight Ikaris but didn’t bust a grape in a fruit fight. Best thing about this movie was the ending. Bring on Dane Whitman and Blade! Man fuck the Eternals!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I went back and tried to look at this movie and it was awful. Ikaris a lame and traitor. Gilgamesh being killed by a bullshit foe. Angelina with the fake pump talking about how she always wanted to fight Ikaris but didn’t bust a grape in a fruit fight. Best thing about this movie was the ending. Bring on Dane Whitman and Blade! Man fuck the Eternals!

Well that escalated quickly

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
Well that escalated quickly

Cmon bro! You read the comics, did it make sense? The strongest arguably Eternal and the most morally sound being a traitor? And since when could the Uni Mind kill a Celestial? When? Where? Nowhere! It was stupid! At best they could continue his slumber like the comics but noooo, the Uni mind? Awful!

peterlongshort

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I just finished it. Incredibly poor editing. The 3rd act should have been the 1st. Pathos actually explained what the fuck was going on. By then movie was over. It looked like they tried to scrap a movie together during covid.