Marvel Movie Discussion: The Eternals f/ Angelina Jolie, Kit Harrington UPDATE: PART 2 COMING?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Is this shit any good? I heard Marvel dropped the ball on this one.

You gotta watch it to see for yourself

* Mr. Feige we here are committed to increasing viewership and traffic to Disney Disney+ HULU ESPN and its many wonderful subsidiaries

@ViCiouS comments hence forth will be fully vetted and only used to attract attention to the fringe MCU fan base in an effort to appear inclusive and completely subjective.

Make Mine Marvel, sir!

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
You gotta watch it to see for yourself

* Mr. Feige we here are committed to increasing viewership and traffic to Disney Disney+ HULU ESPN and its many wonderful subsidiaries

@ViCiouS comments hence forth will be fully vetted and only used to attract attention to the fringe MCU fan base in an effort to appear inclusive and completely subjective.

Make Mine Marvel, sir!
they created so much hate...
and have so little integrity - they are hiding Bree Larson
The-Marvels-updated-logo.jpg

imagine seeing posters with just: Winter Soldier or The Dark World or Far From Home

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It wasn't terrible and I didn't feel robbed of my time when the movie ended. The Dolby Atmos sound effects were the absolute best I've heard in any MCU movie. Visually it was on par with what you'd expect with a streaming version of a movie in IMAX format.
Yeah I watched last night and it wasn't bad, the ending and the end credits made me want to see more.

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Being a fan of Jack Kirby's original series,
I really liked the film.
But since I didn't read Neil Gaiman's late 2000s run,
I have to admit being a bit confused by revisions or newer characters.
And I was always thinking about how the film appeared somewhat off with the MCU brand.

But "THE ETERNALS" did get my The Celestials approval.
Arishem looked FUCKIN' PHENOMENAL!!!
As did Tiamut.
Angelina Jolie came the closest to looking like her character, Thena in the books.

There's absolutely NO FUCKIN' REASON Galactus can't be portrayed the RIGHT way on the big screen now.
Instead of appearing as some DAMN CLOUD!!!

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Being a fan of Jack Kirby's original series,
I really liked the film.
But since I didn't read Neil Gaiman's late 2000s run,
I have to admit being a bit confused by revisions or newer characters.
And I was always thinking about how the film appeared somewhat off with the MCU brand.

But "THE ETERNALS" did get my The Celestials approval.
Arishem looked FUCKIN' PHENOMENAL!!!
As did Tiamut.
Angelina Jolie came the closest to looking like her character, Thena in the books.

There's absolutely NO FUCKIN' REASON Galactus can't be portrayed the RIGHT way on the big screen now.
Instead of appearing as some DAMN CLOUD!!!
totally agree!

also check out the Gaiman reboot

Dark08

Rising Star
Registered
...It just doesn't seem to work within the MCU for me. I can get why the Eternals didn't get involved in any of the Avenger stuff, but why the Avengers and other heroes aren't around when planetary level cataclysmic events are happening doesn't make any sense.

Where was Doctor Strange when all of this was going on?

The typical comic book dilemma even in the normal marvel universe back in day at the time when I was reading them. The overwhelming majority of stories took place in the same universe. Yet some storylines in different comics involved truly catastrophic danger to the earth with evidence that could be seen by others on the planet. Yet no involvement coming from big heroes of other storylines. This thing is not unique to the marvel universe. It happens across the board for other comic book universes.

Now I get that the tie-ins for the marvel universe(movie addition [pre Disney purchase where now TV is tying back in]) have been fairly tight with a decent alignment in the universal order.

So to probably tackle the plausibility of this for this movie.

• Post Blip(after End Game) we do not really know the state of the Avengers. Wanda was off dealing with her whole grief thing and we saw what happened there in her show. We saw Falcon(now Cap America) and Bucky doing their own thing. As large scale as the threat was it could have been addressed outside of the Avengers as it was. Hawkeye appears to be back in retirement. Outside of that I'm not sure if we know anything else to the status of the group who were not solo members and kind of sort of in the group(Spiderman/Dr. Strange).
  • In the Eternals the attack in London was pretty much known to most in the world as we saw the little kid saw Ikaris which I assumed was on TV fighting in London. We may have heard the newscast mention the London thing as well. Outside of that every battel has been in somewhat remote locations. So outside of the Avengers being able to track down the source of the Global earth quake they may not have been able to intervein. It wasn't until after the battle happened when the news mentioned what was coming out of the ground in the ground in the Ocean.
  • Now I'm sure most people on earth saw Arishem in the sky and the Avengers had to have seen that. Let's see if they cover it, mention it, skip it or what....
  • As for Doctor Strange unless something is brought to him he only seems to get involved in "mystical" stuff. Not sure how mystical the infinity stones really are which he protected one but that whole thing was brought to him anyway... he did proactively interfere in the Thor/Loki/Odin thing at one point but they are kind of mystical and science combined in Asgard.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
action was dope
movie it self was kinda slow
but this will be good overall collection
i think that is what a lot of people are missing overall this was good piece of information
that adds to the bigger story
like if you have a kkid or someone that s not really familiar with marvel these will be good information.

i did mentally prepared my self for the gayass shit smh

Last edited:

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Feige and Russos had beef during Endgame

Marvel hasn't made a strong movie unless directed by Coogler Gunn Watitti or Russo

this recent batch was lazy (NoWay Home doesn't count)

Is it time for Feige to get hired by DC or Paramount?
total waste of screen time
no that was Marvel Ent (Perlmutter & Loeb) not Marvel Studios... now he still has same title under Feige

I hope so... he seems stagnant
Why doesn't no way home count?

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
No it's not; Sony just has rights; it hasn't been a Sony movie since marvel studios took over; Nothing about the last 3 spidey movies have anything to so with Sony...

no -it doesn't work like that-
its only marvel production under Amy Pascal's supervision

all are Sony movies...
the $ budget is all Sony

that was the deal made to lic Spiderman in 6 or 7 Marvel movies

its why/how Venom shows up in No Way Home

oh yeah - @playahaitian - Venom is another point against Feige

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

all are Sony movies...
the $ budget is all Sony

The writing casting directing was under Marvel Studios with sony having agreed to final say if they didnt like; Sony is just over the budget; Marvel Studios does everything else; and they actually split all profits; its a Marvel Studios movie with Sony on it; Every single one of the last 3 movies has Marvel Studios all over it; did you see the movies when it was just Sony?? :giggle:

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Shang Chi wasn't an egg! It was a good movie. Nothing great but good. And Marvel gets a pass on Eternals for now...
Shang Chi wasnt good. It was cheesy, with mediocre writing, bad pacing, and some how seemed simultaneously slow and rushed and badly edited. And why would Eternals get a pass? Overwritten, with long winded and boring dialogue in a film that couldnt figure out if it was super hero, sci-fi or fantasy. They crammed a mini series story of non mainstream comic characters into a 2 hour film. Shit was a mess.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Shang Chi wasnt good. It was cheesy, with mediocre writing, bad pacing, and some how seemed simultaneously slow and rushed and badly edited. And why would Eternals get a pass? Overwritten, with long winded and boring dialogue in a film that couldnt figure out if it was super hero, sci-fi or fantasy. They crammed a mini series story of non mainstream comic characters into a 2 hour film. Shit was a mess.
There were several plot holes and lazy writing taking place.

From Katy becoming a master archer overnight. Shang Chi being able to fly and control dragons, let alone not being afraid of riding a dragon. Shang Chi's time-line not making sense, why the mandarin(Wenwu) had to drive thru the forest and not take a helicopter to the waterfall. Why Wenwu gave up the rings if it makes him immortal. Shang Chi hadn't fought or trained in years, yet he beat up everyone. Let's not even get into the mystic arts part of the movie, too many why's going on there.

It wasn't terrible. But, there is definitely a chink in the MCU armor.

sinsay

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shang Chi wasn't an egg! It was a good movie. Nothing great but good. And Marvel gets a pass on Eternals for now...

Yeah everybody I know that saw Shang-Chi enjoyed it. Last act was kind of a mess, but overall it got really good feedback from almost everyone.

Black Widow and Eternals weren't good. Most of the shows were good.

Can't expect Infinity War/Endgame shit every outing...took 10 years to build to those movies.

Last edited:

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah everybody I know that saw Shang-Chi enjoyed it. Last act was kind of a mess, but overall it got really good feedback from almost everyone.

Can't expect Infinity War/Endgame shit...took 10 years to build to those movies.
I get it though; people expect greatness from Marvel Studios because of what they accomplished; none of the movies were great though; TV shows were really good so to me it hasnt been a miss...

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

all are Sony movies...
the $ budget is all Sony

So you giving Pascal a pass for that?

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
It seems the deviant only showed up at the end so they could try to give Angelina Jolie a cool fight scene

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor

Can't expect Infinity War/Endgame shit every outing...took 10 years to build to those movies.
Shang Chi was shit, it has zero replay value