~~Miami Heat vs San Antonio - 2013 NBA Finals - The Miami Heat wins!

wiZe

Star
Registered
Why even entertain a post laced which such idiocy? Despite the other hate filled moronic nonsense, the fact that he says Duncan looked bad ("real old") when its CLEAR that after seven games he was the teams best player, is enough to relegate that dude posts to BrownTurd levels of worthlessness.

The guy averaged 30 13 3 3 and the last two closeout games and hes questioning Duncan? :confused:

:roflmao3::roflmao3::roflmao3:

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Preme let it go.

If duncan wasn't all that you wouldn't feel the way you do about him.

You saw Duncan dominate for 17 years. Get 4 rings and almost get 5.

It's all good man.

Better

Support BGOL
Registered
Preme let it go.

If duncan wasn't all that you wouldn't feel the way you do about him.

You saw Duncan dominate for 17 years. Get 4 rings and almost get 5.

It's all good man.

Did I say he was garbage?

I said he's overrated.

I think all great players are overrated, tho'.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
How can I not know Doc's impact on the game, I just spelled it out. Doc was a great player, but there have been many of those. Doc was a great showman, and a huge star in the ABA...

...but once again, Doc was most beloved for his showmanship. Something Tim Duncan knows nothing about.

What are YOU talking about?

Yup. You're an idiot. :yes:

And as for your ppg post you use to support your Malone/Barkley over Duncan absurdity....Wilkins scored more than Bird therefore he was better right?

Go get some fresh air SE. Its noon, im sure junior high schools are letting out for lunch somewhere, go find a date.

wiZe

Star
Registered
:lol: @ so many people in this thread congratulating BDR like he's the Heat's #1 fan. :lol:

No dap for KingT, killa...? :lol:

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Did I say he was garbage?

I said he's overrated.

I think all great players are overrated, tho'.

He isn't overrated.

Let's look at what we know about him.
He came in and took over a team that had David Robinson.

He got the Admiral his ring so he didn't have to go out like everyone else in the Jordan era who were at the tail end of their careers.

He got rings DURING the laker's dominance.

He sustained excellence all of his career

He's 37 years old and just beasted dudes who were in high school watching him win rings. in game 7 at 37 he went for an EASY 24 AND 12 he didn't even get the ball enough at any point this entire series.

It took me a minute to appreciate how great he really is.
I always acknowledged how good he was.

but after this performance?

Better

Support BGOL
Registered
He isn't overrated.

Let's look at what we know about him.
He came in and took over a team that had David Robinson.

He got the Admiral his ring so he didn't have to go out like everyone else in the Jordan era who were at the tail end of their careers.

He got rings DURING the laker's dominance.

He sustained excellence all of his career

He's 37 years old and just beasted dudes who were in high school watching him win rings. in game 7 at 37 he went for an EASY 24 AND 12 he didn't even get the ball enough at any point this entire series.

It took me a minute to appreciate how great he really is.
I always acknowledged how good he was.

but after this performance?

Dude, I hear you, but I think all great players are overrated.

Mostly it's because they always get more credit for their TEAMS success than they should.

Jordan played with bums, supposedly, but those bums won 55 games, and went to the Semi-Finals without him.

Just my POV.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Dude, I hear you, but I think all great players are overrated.

Mostly it's because they always get more credit for their TEAMS success than they should.

Jordan played with bums, supposedly, but those bums won 55 games, and went to the Semi-Finals without him.

Just my POV.

The spurs were in the lottery before he got there. and haven't been there since.

Duncan doesn't get enough credit.

If anything with Pop's decisions that directly cost them a championship this year Duncan deserves even more credit.

Better

Support BGOL
Registered
The spurs were in the lottery before he got there. and haven't been there since.

If anything with Pop's decisions that directly cost them a championship this year Duncan deserves even more credit.

But, how much of that is Duncan?

Are you implying Duncan single-handedly achieve this?

Dude has played on some well coach teams, with respectable talent.

You can be the best player, but all they do is put a team over the team, not MAKE the team. Not if the team is a legit contender.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
But, how much of that is Duncan?

Are you implying Duncan single-handedly achieve this?

Dude has played on some well coach teams, with respectable talent.

You can be the best player, but all they do is put a team over the team, not MAKE the team. Not if the team is a legit contender.

Do you see parker, ginobli and x getting 3 rings if duncan isn't there?

wiZe

Star
Registered

Yep. This shit is clearly on Pop. Maybe Pop pulled a Phil Jackson on us; just ride the best players in the league to legendary status then say "I will retire when Tim retires" to hide just how much of the legacy was due to Tim. I see you, Pop. You not slick, playa.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Yep. This shit is clearly on Pop. Maybe Pop pulled a Phil Jackson on us; just ride the best players in the league to legendary status then say "I will retire when Tim retires" to hide just how much of the legacy was due to Tim. I see you, Pop. You not slick, playa.

It was just inexplicable.

That was supposed to be an advantage for the spurs coming in.

Point guard play (injury so it was a wash)

Post (Duncan Beasted anytime they gave him the ball sans game 2)

Coaching (Pop fucked up)

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Do you see parker, ginobli and x getting 3 rings if duncan isn't there?
Like you said bills, if anything, this season further substantiates Duncans greatness and highlights how he is underappreciated as an all time great. Its clear the team cannot and would not have ever won a title without him being the best player on the floor. At 37 he ended up being the best player on a title contender that took the best player on this generation to seven games... and he did it alone in games 6 and 7 while only long because of a historically bad tank job by a teammate and poor decisions from his coach. The guy is an amazing player.

Yep. In my opinion, this series exposed Pop a bit while underlining how great and dominate Duncan has been since 1999.

max-dawg

8 vs 80
OG Investor
it's football season now.

you niccas need to chill & let this thread die.

btw, fuck the spurs...double fuck manu.
and fuck the Miami metrosexuals too...bunch of attention whores & undercover fags.

shane battier combs his hair to the front...and is a 1970's style retro house nicca.

wade walks on his tip toes in ballerina shoes, and lebron is 43 yrs old with a brick for a forehead.

coach spo sucks on unripe plantains in his spare time & let's bosh watch him for technique.

from Max's Samsung G-Note

Ninja05

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Re: ~~Miami Heat vs San Antonio - 2013 NBA Finals - (Spurs 3 - Miami 3) ~~

Naw Bosh didn't scored but his defense was huge....

Man - Bosh was game 6 behind the scenes. He made the big defensive plays. He battle Duncan in the post. Dude set the screens. He made sure ninjas couldn't pack the paint. He was an integral part.

max-dawg

8 vs 80
OG Investor
Man - Bosh was game 6 behind the scenes. He made the big defensive plays. He battle Duncan in the post. Dude set the screens. He made sure ninjas couldn't pack the paint. He was an integral part.

bosh is a pillow biter.

from Max's Samsung G-Note

TIMEISMONEY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Robinson didn't play that year though, so that wasn't a complete team.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Robinson didn't play that year though, so that wasn't a complete team.

Surely if he were the coach we think they wouldn't have been in the lottery right? they still had the negro and sean and them didn't they?

I understand what you're saying, its noted. But duncan came in and got them a title in his 2nd year and was the mvp in his 2nd year in the nba.

and then in an entirely DIFFERENT generation went on to get 3 more with an entirely different team.

and in ANOTHER generation after his prime one just came within a game of getting another ring... at 37 years old he was the 2nd best player in the nba finals...

there is a line around the hall of fame of players who stuck around to that age that wished they were as effective at that age...AFTER their prime...

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Surely if he were the coach we think they wouldn't have been in the lottery right? they still had the negro and sean and them didn't they?

I understand what you're saying, its noted. But duncan came in and got them a title in his 2nd year and was the mvp in his 2nd year in the nba.

and then in an entirely DIFFERENT generation went on to get 3 more with an entirely different team.

and in ANOTHER generation after his prime one just came within a game of getting another ring... at 37 years old he was the 2nd best player in the nba finals...

there is a line around the hall of fame of players who stuck around to that age that wished they were as effective at that age...AFTER their prime...

Yes sir.

When he retires its going to be tough to watch the spurs after he is gone. Spur his whole career. All due respect to other grata that play in SA, but Tim is who I came to admire as an ideal big man in the league. Big fundamental. Face up, bank shot off the glass.....

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Yes sir.

When he retires its going to be tough to watch the spurs after he is gone. Spur his whole career. All due respect to other grata that play in SA, but Tim is who I came to admire as an ideal big man in the league. Big fundamental. Face up, bank shot off the glass.....

he was the 2nd best player in the finals behind the current best player in the world.

at 37 years of age he didn't get the ball enough

last 5 games of this series he averaged 20 points and 12 boards shooting 55% from the field and 80% from the line.

let that sink in.

code_pirahna

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This thread should no longer be a sticky......

I will say it a again...................

dave-chappelle-fuck-yo-couch.gif

Fuck yo couch Miami.......they should of never gave you ni$$as any rings......

1671481-slide-slide-4-the-amazing-ny-knicks-logo-that-should-have-been_1.jpg

TIMEISMONEY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Without question, I'm definitely not disputing the fact that TD is one the greatest to ever lace them up.

AllState17

Star
Registered
...you don't know how many Duncan vs Kobe debates I've been in over the past decade or more.

Couple that with this nigga get so much love simply because he has the personality of dirt - he annoys me. Niggas claim they hate arrogant, flamboyant athletes, but they always talk about 'em.

Who talks abut Duncan if he ain't playing? Who brings him up in basketball debates, UNLESS he's playing?

I mean, I guess he talented and shit, but that nigga life is easy. He plays the game so straight up, it's EASY for him to be efficient and do what he does. That nigga don't have an entertaining bone in his body. Kobe managed to win, while playing with a much higher degree of difficulty. That's why people buy Kobe jerseys, and maybe FIVE Duncan jerseys have sold outside of Texas. Tonight when he was on that fastbreak, he looked like an old robot, with sparks flying, about to fall to pieces...

...who just managed to keep it together.

I like entertaining players who manage to play at a high level. If Kobe, over the years decided, 'Ok, I'm only going to take good shoots, and I'm going to always make the right pass' ... I'm sure he'd shoot a dumb high percentage, with less turnovers, and more assists too...

...but who would care about him?

That nigga just got a statue in China now.

Where is Duncan's statue? He's won, too.

Exactly.

Problem is, only niggas like cranrab, who were nailed to the floor, care about niggas like Duncan.

Saw how Dr. J just had that show dedicated to him? Why? Doc don't have a lot of titles. Is Doc even top 10 in any major statistical category? I don't think so. Why did he get that? 'Cause dude was great, and he did it with a lot of flair.

Most people don't pay their hard earned money to watch you shoot running hooks, and bank shots from the perimeter.

Edit: Damn I sound bitter. :lol:

Listen to me.

Go get help.

Have you not realized that your judgement of all other players is based on how much they threaten Kobe's legacy?

Dude... do YOU think thats normal?

If you kept that shit to yourself it would be one thing, but you peddle your blissful ignorance for everyone to see.

Why???

Some of your posts reminds me of Blunt in his prime.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
he was the 2nd best player in the finals behind the current best player in the world.

at 37 years of age he didn't get the ball enough

last 5 games of this series he averaged 20 points and 12 boards shooting 55% from the field and 80% from the line.

let that sink in.

:lol: crazy!

That fact this use to be a regular for him is what trips me out. Nobody in the league today can even sniff 20 and 10.

You're right. He didn't get the ball enough. That is what small ball is doing to big men, hence is why we'll never see 20 and 10 big men ever again (not totally impossible, but definitely not promising). Dallas and they heat have pretty much changed the league with these stylesin recent years.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
:lol: crazy!

That fact this use to be a regular for him is what trips me out. Nobody in the league today can even sniff 20 and 10.

You're right. He didn't get the ball enough. That is what small ball is doing to big men, hence is why we'll never see 20 and 10 big men ever again (not totally impossible, but definitely not promising). Dallas and they heat have pretty much changed the league with these stylesin recent years.

True. Though its been proven that big men get it done.

I believe the spurs had a better chance if they just said ok duncan here you go.

and not after not giving him the ball for 10 possessions relegating him to clean up work.

but get in the post and here you go.

not predicting victory, just a better chance for the spurs.

other teams don't have lebron james, its as simple as that.

miami still doesn't have any offensive identity and its been 3 years. they have the #1 player in the world. that's all there is to it.

10 years from now someone gone come in a thread and say spo is an all time great coach.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member

C/s and we saw the same thing in game 7...dude is alright by me

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor

Like I said Durant melo and the rest of them niggas ain't eatin unless Bron retire

Expect 3 straight next yr

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
[RM][/RM]
True. Though its been proven that big men get it done.

I believe the spurs had a better chance if they just said ok duncan here you go.

and not after not giving him the ball for 10 possessions relegating him to clean up work.

but get in the post and here you go.

not predicting victory, just a better chance for the spurs.

other teams don't have lebron james, its as simple as that.

miami still doesn't have any offensive identity and its been 3 years. they have the #1 player in the world. that's all there is to it.

10 years from now someone gone come in a thread and say spo is an all time great coach.

:lol: that would be absurd. I watched a side of James I never seen last couple if games. Had nothing to do with Spo, but folk will forget all that.

Pop switch his style around 09. They stopped running offense through Tim. You know when you get use to doing things a certain way and change it up for several years. It's kinda hard to go back to what works. Those players never was part of the Tim that use to get all the touches in the 4th. I would have thought Parker and Manu would have known better.

There is a blueprint for the heat to be defeated, but the league do not have the teams equipped to handle them. Spurs was the best chance.

Not sure if the bulls, pacers, or Knicks will be able too. Seems like the pacer would be most likely. They're going to have to play for home court next season though.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Like I said Durant melo and the rest of them niggas ain't eatin unless Bron retire

Expect 3 straight next yr

Not with their current teams. Lol

Funny how the pacers have a better chance than those kats you mentioned.