Moon Knight | Official Thread | Marvel / Disney+

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
This show is goofy. I watch it every week thinking well hell it can’t get any worse fuck I was wrong every Wednesday. It’s not garbage but it’s more Disney than marvel. This is a Disney show.

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
Damn man that’s sad, it was an accident

moms didn’t have to be like that and dad should have saved him

the song at the end lol, we sang that at church, it’s been years since I heard it

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
@Big Tex and @BigDaddyBuk why don’t one if y’all be the BIGger man and agree to disagree already.
Disagree with what? :lol:

We agree that he hates the show.

I need to know why would anyone keep watching a show that brings them no pleasure?

And then talks about it openly?

If you read that someone kept complaining about stabbing themself in the eye, wouldnt you be curious as to why they wont stop stabbing themself in the eye?

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It was a great wounded psyche episode. Some people are saying the last episode airing the same week as Doctor Strange will mean something but i kind of doubt it.

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
Love the show.....but totally agree with the bolded....I'm HOPING episode 6 wraps this all up in a nice bow.....but I know they wont. WE STILL NEED A REAL CONNECTION to the wider MCU, if they dont want people forgetting about this show

Maybe we get a Blade or Dane Whitman cameo...or something. Maybe the Werewolf
It doesn't need a connection with the wider MCU not yet. Let the show breathe on it's own . It already showed a connection when the hippo naked do oed the the ancestrao plane from black panther when she was talking about the after life. As far as connecting the universe this show doesn't need. Any guest appearances or any connection to anything that going on elsewhere such as many, multiverse etc. It's moon knights premier. Let the show tell his story for this first season then they can connect.

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
My only complaint is that there is only one episode left. Comics have never been 100% action so I appreciate a good story. And the acting is on point. I was just disappointed that Jake Lockley didn't show up. I thought that he was the reason that the scales were unbalanced. Especially when both Marc and Steven didn't know who killed those guys in Egypt.

shonuff

Rising Star
Registered
I thought at some point we would see Rama Tut/Apocalypse or at least a reference to Kang. Theres still time
There's been references already to Black Panther all over this show...Bast the ancestral plane, purple energy the show is already connected to the MCU

Again dudes are looking for what they want to see rather than whats really there

Marvel is not gonna do the same trick two times to "show" you how movies connect

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
They've given hints that he's there for a couple episodes like you said, but I'm guessing they ran out of time to bring him in, I would have traded one of the first two Steven bungling episodes to show him. I mean there is already a TON of things they have to tie up in this last episode unless it's a PSYCHE finale.

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
One big thing that I appreciate about the shows is that they get to take their time and tell emotional stories. Iron Man was an alcoholic and IM2 glossed over that. A good example is The Blip. In Spidey it was like "hey everyone came back." In WandaVision it was chaos. You're sitting with a loved one, one minute, then the next they are dead.

stizz3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There's been references already to Black Panther all over this show...Bast the ancestral plane, purple energy the show is already connected to the MCU

Again dudes are looking for what they want to see rather than whats really there

Marvel is not gonna do the same trick two times to "show" you how movies connect

again, I know all of that....but the average MCU watcher aint pickin up on all that. WE are...

shit, we got people, in this thread talkin about theyre skipping it or they dont like it etc. Those people will need to be smacked in the face with an MCU reference.

I get what youre saying about them showing you though, but I think they trust the dollars that visuals bring more than the types of connections that MK is bringing. I LOVE IT either way

having a Blade in Eternals , like cameo in this will have people talking waaaaay more than the astral plane connections...UNLESS they SHOW Killmonger or some shit in the last ep

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Disagree with what? :lol:

We agree that he hates the show.

I need to know why would anyone keep watching a show that brings them no pleasure?

And then talks about it openly?

If you read that someone kept complaining about stabbing themself in the eye, wouldnt you be curious as to why they wont stop stabbing themself in the eye?
Wandavision first 2 episodes that’s why.. probably the worst 2 episodes of any show and somehow episode 4 changed everything around.. maybe people were hoping for another wandavision episode 4 turnaround

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Side note. When Steven fell off the boat, I wasn't sad lmao.

My guess is by getting rid of the Steven persona he created, Mark is finally balanced and doesn't need it anymore. (I hope) but not sure if that vibes with the comic.
Lmaoooo your feelings about Steven is my feelings about infinity war and how they treated vision like oj Simpson NoRdberg character in naked gun series..they thoroughly whipped vision ass through that whole movie and I loved every min of it..I hated his character all throughout the marvel universe and watching him getting fucked up brought me great comedy and pleasure..than when they killed him and than brought him back alive to kill him again pure comedy..oh man infinity war great movie..thanos won, vision died, and the world was at peace for 5 yrs straight ..great fucking movie.. than they made another avengers installment and ruined everything

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Watched the last three episodes last night.

They played out great in my opinion.

Giving a in-depth explanation on Stephen’s origin of his mental state was done well. And it’s good that they handled it now instead of in later seasons.

By doing that, the series can move forward.

The first 5 episodes were mainly character introduction/development and was done in this way for people like me who are not familiar with the Moon Knight character and for people who never picked up a comic book in their life.

Going forward, I suspect we will see less of Stephen’s mental state and more of Moon Knight running around in his suit beating up bad guys to satisfy the TV ADHD crowd.

Looking forward to next week’s episode.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
The voice of Khonshu kept bugging me on who it was.

I looked it up and it’s veteran actor F. Murray Abraham. His career goes back to the early 1970s in classic films like ““Scarface” and “Serpico”.

p2RYVGdrcP0m70BkkiKcwyrDeim.jpg

Serpico

21-16964-0.jpg

MV5BZDJlNjdmMmMtOGM2MS00OWEzLTg0ODItNTA2ZWQxNjkzYjJmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUwNzk3NDc@._V1_.jpg

Scarface

61355822-scarface-1983-f-murray-abraham-al-pacino-pic-4.jpg

MV5BZjhjYmIxZjQtNWI3Zi00YTViLWIwYTItZTYzMTIxYTQ2MDQwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDY2NzgwOTE@._V1_.jpg

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
Watched the last three episodes last night.

They played out great in my opinion.

Giving a in-depth explanation on Stephen’s origin of his mental state was done well. And it’s good that they handled it now instead of in later seasons.

By doing that, the series can move forward.

The first 5 episodes were mainly character introduction/development and was done in this way for people like me who are not familiar with the Moon Knight character and for people who never picked up a comic book in their life.

Going forward, I suspect we will see less of Stephen’s mental state and more of Moon Knight running around in his suit beating up bad guys to satisfy the TV ADHD crowd.

Looking forward to next week’s episode.

Going forward? lmao. There is only one more episode famo.

The directors have show you Steven is by far their favorite part of the story. I'm sure half of this final episode will be rescuing the Steven persona.Then they will reluctantly deal with the entire world possibly ending. Or this just being a delusion.

Now I'd have you take a look at the Mandolorian. They somehow gave the entire backstory and character development of all their characters, built the world, while simultaneously advancing the narrative.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Lmaoooo your feelings about Steven is my feelings about infinity war and how they treated vision like oj Simpson NoRdberg character in naked gun series..they thoroughly whipped vision ass through that whole movie and I loved every min of it..I hated his character all throughout the marvel universe and watching him getting fucked up brought me great comedy and pleasure..than when they killed him and than brought him back alive to kill him again pure comedy..oh man infinity war great movie..thanos won, vision died, and the world was at peace for 5 yrs straight ..great fucking movie.. than they made another avengers installment and ruined everything

i could watch this all day

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
With one episode left, it doesn’t leave much to go in-depth on the new 3rd personality that was revealed.

Either a 2nd season has been approved or Moon Knights story will continue in a future undisclosed MCU project.

shonuff

Rising Star
Registered
Going forward? lmao. There is only one more episode famo.

The directors have show you Steven is by far their favorite part of the story. I'm sure half of this final episode will be rescuing the Steven persona.Then they will reluctantly deal with the entire world possibly ending. Or this just being a delusion.

Now I'd have you take a look at the Mandolorian. They somehow gave the entire backstory and character development of all their characters, built the world, while simultaneously advancing the narrative.
Steven isn't that favorite Stephen is just the way that you're being introduced to all the other crazy that is mark specter

For the umpteenth time the show is not about a guy that's a superhero going around beating up bad guys or supervillains

The comic series that this is taken from the whole thing is about mark mark and his psychosis

shonuff

Rising Star
Registered
With one episode left, it doesn’t leave much to go in-depth on the new 3rd personality that was revealed.

Either a 2nd season has been approved or Moon Knights story will continue in a future undisclosed MCU project.

They don't need to go in depth because the 3rd personality you've already seen it is seen it you just don't realize that you've seen it

In the context in which that personality exists you've seen that also you just have to pay attention to what's going on in the scene around you

Go back and look at the foot Chase scene Before he has the big knife fight

There's a big clue that's there you just have to look for it it's right there in the alleyway

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
Steven isn't that favorite Stephen is just the way that you're being introduced to all the other crazy that is mark specter

For the umpteenth time the show is not about a guy that's a superhero going around beating up bad guys or supervillains

The comic series that this is taken from the whole thing is about mark mark and his psychosis

For the umpteenth time, then don't set up stakes that the world is in danger and the only person that can save it is the avatar of Khonshu if you're just going to talk about Mark's psychosis. It's simple.

You then can't complain if people want the show to explain or resolve things THEY introduced.

Whether he's wearing a suit or naked. Explain and resolve the Ammit/Harrow/End Of The World narrative they set up over the first 3 episodes then COMPLETELY abandoned over the next two.

I'll have you remember in episode 3 it was established that time was so short that Khonshu summoned the Gods to stop it then sacrificed himself. Don't do that then spend the next 2.5 episodes not mentioning it at all.

shonuff

Rising Star
Registered
For the umpteenth time, then don't set up stakes that the world is in danger and the only person that can save it is the avatar of Khonshu if you're just going to talk about Mark's psychosis. It's simple.

You then can't complain if people want the show to explain or resolve things THEY introduced.

Whether he's wearing a suit or naked. Explain and resolve the Ammit/Harrow/End Of The World narrative they set up over the first 3 episodes then COMPLETELY abandoned over the next two.

I'll have you remember in episode 3 it was established that time was so short that Khonshu summoned the Gods to stop it then sacrificed himself. Don't do that then spend the next 2.5 episodes not mentioning it at all.
It is getting resolved

Its just not getting resolved in a way you think it should -

You seem to be hell bent in thinking the show should tell the story of that conflict one way when clearly ...its not that way

And mind you the same stakes are in the story where this series is lifted from ( which as i remind you is the most success MK has seen ) and that story is still about marks psychosis

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
It is getting resolved

Its just not getting resolved in a way you think it should -

You seem to be hell bent in thinking the show should tell the story of that conflict one way when clearly ...its not that way

And mind you the same stakes are in the story where this series is lifted from ( which as i remind you is the most success MK has seen ) and that story is still about marks psychosis

I typed up a long response, and deleted it. I'm not responding to niggas acting like this show is above criticism. Do you.

shonuff

Rising Star
Registered
I typed up a long response, and deleted it. I'm not responding to niggas acting like this show is above criticism. Do you.
I'm doing me just fine bruh you seem to be the one that can't get right

I mean damn its 5 episodes in its not gonna be any different - if you not digging the 1st 3 episodes then probably the issue is you not the show

I mean its like eating food - you done had 4 forkfulls and you say it tastes like shit - 5th fork coming with the scent of turd and you opening your mouth still...

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
I'm doing me just fine bruh you seem to be the one that can't get right

I mean damn its 5 episodes in its not gonna be any different - if you not digging the 1st 3 episodes then probably the issue is you not the show

I mean its like eating food - you done had 4 forkfulls and you say it tastes like shit - 5th fork coming with the scent of turd and you opening your mouth still...

Do... you...

Why the FUCK do you care if I watch the show or not? If I want to watch the show just to complain about it, I paid for the service and I certainly can do that.

For someone that allegedly is liking the show, you're spending a lot of time worrying if I like it or not.

Winslow Wong

Rising Star
BGOL Gold Member
This show started off great but it's eh

I think everyone looks for different things from shows - I love the mental illness dissociative identity disorder storyline more than Moon Knight punching Jackal Spirits - but I love th Lemire run of Moon Knight and whether he is mentally insane or being gaslighted. Oscar Isaac is given a tour de force in acting.