Moon Knight | Official Thread | Marvel / Disney+

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
I didn’t think they would be able to land the ending. You would have to bring Mark/Steve back. Resurrect call Shu. Bring back Moonlight and defeat the bad guys. They did all that and more. And threw in Layla has her own avatar. Was a little disappointed we never got to see Jake until the stinger. By far the best conclusion of a Marvel show and I fully expect a season two

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Tex hating on this show hard as fuck.

I stayed quiet but just reading back I’m like this muffucka has a personal problem with a made up nerd from a comic book for really real…
It’s kinda weird and one poster pointed it out. Was like why you continually watching something you don’t like. He never answer the question though. Show was very solid though…

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
It’s kinda weird and one poster pointed it out. Was like why you continually watching something you don’t like. He never answer the question though. Show was very solid though…

There was a thread dozens of pages long of people hating the final season of Game of Thrones. DOZENS. No one ever said, if you don't like it, stop watching. You cats always gloss over the multiple times I said I like the show or like this episode. I said it multiple times. You just get in your feelings if anyone has ANY criticism of the show like you wrote it or you're making money off it.

It's ok if you think the show is perfect and should never be criticized for any reason. I mean it's childish, but go for it.

Let me repeat again. I OVERALL LIKED THE SHOW.

I REALLY LIKED EPISODE 3.

I REALLY LIKED EPISODE 6.

I hated the Steven Grant character as portrayed in the show.

So, if that hurts your feelings, I'm sorry. You can go stare at your Moon Knight poster and pretend everyone on Earth likes 100% of it and thinks it's perfect too to spare your feelings.

Also from here on out if you niggas start watching a movie and something happens in that movie you don't like, I'm expecting you all to walk right out of the movie right away. Don't wait to see if it gets better. Just walk out.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
I like it. Was a solid effort for me. Not better than Falcon and the Winter Soldier though….

WHY DID YOU WATCH MOON KNIGHT IF YOU DIDN'T THINK IT WAS PERFECT AND THE BEST SHOW EVER?

Shadow

The Dark Lord
BGOL Investor
WHY DID YOU WATCH MOON KNIGHT IF YOU DIDN'T THINK IT WAS PERFECT AND THE BEST SHOW EVER?

you explained it kinda. We watched the showed based on garnered interest from
Marketing and being Marvel fans in general. We stayed watching because the story was good, acting at least at minimum marvel standard (above it in the case of some movies) and the action sequences were solid.

You, on the other hand, launched an all out offensive on the guys character when he was written that way with specific purpose that was explained in thelast couple of episodes (kid Spector/grant was great). I couldnot have found a better hate campaign in Russia war planning rooms, my guy.

it just doesn’t make sense, and you got called on it. We’re still unsure why. I think Stephens writing may have hit a little too close to home, but that’s my opinion.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
Tex hating on this show hard as fuck.

I stayed quiet but just reading back I’m like this muffucka has a personal problem with a made up nerd from a comic book for really real…

Bro the people having a personal problem were the ones offended that I criticized the show. Niggas criticized shows and movies on this board all the time. For some reason, this one show, it's not allowed.

I said the first 4 epidsodes of Wanda Vision were BS and no one batted an eye. But Moon Knight? lmao, niggas were going nuts.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
you explained it kinda. We watched the showed based on garnered interest from
Marketing and being Marvel fans in general. We stayed watching because the story was good, acting at least at minimum marvel standard (above it in the case of some movies) and the action sequences were solid.

You, on the other hand, launched an all out offensive on the guys character when he was written that way with specific purpose that was explained in thelast couple of episodes (kid Spector/grant was great). I couldnot have found a better hate campaign in Russia war planning rooms, my guy.

it just doesn’t make sense, and you got called on it. We’re still unsure why. I think Stephens writing may have hit a little too close to home, but that’s my opinion.

No, the character was fine. The problem I had is everytime the narrative of the show would set up some stakes (world ending, Harrell getting close to Ammit, etc, we would take a break from that to explore Steven's quirkiness.

You guys may love it.

But ask screenwriters and they will tell you, you can't break momentum like that. It makes your narrative disjointed. If the Lord of the Rings had gotten you to the point where Frodo had the Ring at Mount Doom and was close to finally being able to save the world then the movie spent the next 40 minutes talking about Frodo's childhood, his back story, what life was like in Hobbitown, that would not be good storytelling.

You make like it, and I've never said anyone was wrong to like it, it's just not good storytelling.

That is what this show did.

It established that the world was in great peril then spent two episode talking about Steven and Mark's upbringing.

If the writers don't care that the world is ending, why should the audience?

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There was a thread dozens of pages long of people hating the final season of Game of Thrones. DOZENS. No one ever said, if you don't like it, stop watching. You cats always gloss over the multiple times I said I like the show or like this episode. I said it multiple times. You just get in your feelings if anyone has ANY criticism of the show like you wrote it or you're making money off it.

It's ok if you think the show is perfect and should never be criticized for any reason. I mean it's childish, but go for it.

Let me repeat again. I OVERALL LIKED THE SHOW.

I REALLY LIKED EPISODE 3.

I REALLY LIKED EPISODE 6.

I hated the Steven Grant character as portrayed in the show.

So, if that hurts your feelings, I'm sorry. You can go stare at your Moon Knight poster and pretend everyone on Earth likes 100% of it and thinks it's perfect too to spare your feelings.

Also from here on out if you niggas start watching a movie and something happens in that movie you don't like, I'm expecting you all to walk right out of the movie right away. Don't wait to see if it gets better. Just walk out.
Dude, you dont have to type all of that; We aint talking about Game of Thrones; again all the poster was saying if you dont like it why do you keep watching; simple question; Everyone has critique the show to some degree; no one has said it was perfect; and everyone knows you was going overboard with yours :giggle: its all good though; another solid effort by Marvel Studios...

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
Dude, you dont have to type all of that; We aint talking about Game of Thrones; again all the poster was saying if you dont like it why do you keep watching; simple question; Everyone has critique the show to some degree; no one has said it was perfect; and everyone knows you was going overboard with yours :giggle: its all good though; another solid effort by Marvel Studios...

Simple answer, I'm a Marvel fan, I had Moon Knight issue one as a kid so I was always interested in the character and there was enough in the series to keep me interested in seeing how it turns out. And you guys keep saying I don't like when I keep telling you I did lmao.

Like for the 100th time I liked it.

But for sure someone will come behind and say "if you don't like it..." lmao

It is all good.

Agreed it was solid.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Simple answer, I'm a Marvel fan, I had Moon Knight issue one as a kid so I was always interested in the character and there was enough in the series to keep me interested in seeing how it turns out. And you guys keep saying I don't like when I keep telling you I did lmao.

It is all good.

Agreed it was solid.
Respect. .

benny_negro

Rising Star
Platinum Member

It is all good.

Agreed it was solid.

I will likely hit the Comics hangout as I’m sure some ideas (and probably links with em - praise to all lol) have been shared in there - but Moon Knight has been a series I’ve wanted to get into from the first time I saw the character as a kid. The mental health aspect has always been interesting too.

My take on the show is mixed as far as things that worked and didn’t including aspects of story, storytelling and production. I hung in with it barely lol
…and then shit flipped as far as the end of 104… and then picking up 105 brought shit home in a major way for me. Just about done with finale now.

I share my take on the show for the thread but also to tailor potential recommendations — my question -

are there some specific entry points for the comics - run wise and/or stand alone - that are at the highest levels of writing storytelling and art that the series has seen?

Every time I try to pick up a trade I just can’t quite fuck with it… and apparently I’m not the nigga who has a problem not watching/not reading some shit I don’t like lol

benny_negro

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I didn’t think they would be able to land the ending. You would have to bring Mark/Steve back. Resurrect call Shu. Bring back Moonlight and defeat the bad guys. They did all that and more. And threw in Layla has her own avatar. Was a little disappointed we never got to see Jake until the stinger. By far the best conclusion of a Marvel show and I fully expect a season two
Agreed. They did a good job tying things up for me.
I love that finally it’s some marvel shit that’s good goin more seasons OR standing on its own. That said - more seasons should be more interesting from the start without having to do so much heavy lifting with expositions.

also - is this the only marvel shit that doesn’t connect with anything else in the MCU - yet at least?

i thought everything would be a crossover from here on. But I guess this is the only truly new character series so far.

props. Alright. Be checking out STRANGE next.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I like it. Was a solid effort for me. Not better than Falcon and the Winter Soldier though….

I thought they were too different to compare. It's like comparing Lethal Weapon to Predator. Both action movies, but the dynamic of the characters aren't the same

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Obvious question would be so when dude died why wasn’t the 3rd personality no where in sight for the afterlife.. so he is a part of ole boy but somehow dosent have a say so or presence in the afterlife?

Yeah I asked the same thing, how do the hearts become balanced if all the hearts aren't there?

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I knew Oscar Issac was a great actor, but the scene with him jumping back and forth between Steven and Marc is a MasterClass. Not just his voice, but he changes his face, his cadence and stature. As quickly as he does it that isn't easy.

If they didn't do another season and brought everything into the MCU I would be alright with that, the way it ends is final. Room for another season...or not. Nothing HAS to be resolved.

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Amazon vs Egyptian... I see you Marvel...

Screen_Shot_2022_05_04_at_1.36.46_PM.png

HOTMMS577--Wonder-Woman-2-Golden-Armor-12-FigureA_0839e3b1-7b0d-4bb3-9566-41f4a923c194_1024x1024.jpg

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
I thought they were too different to compare. It's like comparing Lethal Weapon to Predator. Both action movies, but the dynamic of the characters aren't the same
Honestly all of these Disney Marvel series have been very different...each one is damn near a different genre while all being under the Marvel umbrella...I enjoyed this series even with the WTF ending of episode 4 that threw me for a loop at the time

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Isn't Black Panther an Avatar of Bast...?

Bast just uses the Herb to transfer power?

Like the Hippo used the Scarab for Layla...

bb6gmounebt81.jpg

Does Bast ever talk to Black Panther?!....

I've never seen that, but I am a moderately casual fan of BP