MOVIES ~ Any of ya'll seen any good (or shitty) movies in recent weeks/months? Post reviews, feedback, movie news, trailers, recommendations, etc ...

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I think it's inevitable we just going back to an updated form of cable tv.
KYAYq1.gif

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Boy Kills World

Bloody Boy !!!!

Part revenge flick parody,part video game BKW definitely has its moments as Boy portrayed with ultra enthusiasm by Bill Skarsgård seeks revenge against those who rule the dystopian future in this film that killed his family. A lot of fun to be had with ultra violence and at times made me feel like I was in Mojos world from Marvel Comics. The cast gives it there all chewing up scenery and doling out salty dialogue. There's some good CGI and creative moments. The movie is partially predictable and becomes repetitive in the second half . Still a lot of fun

Scale of 1 to 10 a 7½

Movie Pass Movie Crash

Great behind the scenes documentary about Movie Pass.Finacing,cant get financing because of race,or and skeptics.Founders of the company getting pushed out. Scheming by the new heads of the company.
As a person that was at a Multiplex theatre almost every Thursday,Friday and Saturday,until i developed a deep relationship with the Alamo Draft House Movie Pass was that to good to be true dream discount for me. I mean 10 bucks a month any movie you want to see? No waiting 2 or 3 weeks to see a new movie deal. GREAT but of course the bubble burst. I still remember the day the clerks and ushers yelling at the AMC theatre they were no longer honoring Movie Pass deals. It's still around but far less popular due to lame credit lines and not really saving any money.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 10

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
She testing the waters right now.

I highly suspect some Hollyweird perv Fucked her when she was underage.

She was a Pervs wet dream back in the 80s.

molly-ringwald-hair-sixteen-candles.jpg

She been dropping breadcrumbs

benny_negro

Rising Star
Platinum Member
replace free with convenience

piracy is not convenient - streaming is easier and initially it was affordable too
Convenience is the issue imo. Other than the Oscar nominees what movie has Netflix or any streamer created that is better than mid? My point is convenience has lowered the bar over the past what 2.5 decades or so… piracy play(ed/s) it’s part; Netflix and the og “wars” with both video rental spots AND premium TV/cable etc plus the DVR rise… all this shit factors in. Even without the explosion of the net and then smartphones. Conglomerates in terms of movie studios and even theaters etc owned by cell companies etc etc etc etc… I mean it’s all part of the same system. We live in extremes. And somehow middle of the road everything has become the rule. It’s products to sell! “The SKUs!!!” #YasiinBey lol

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

benny_negro

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Finally finished THE IRON CLAW didn’t disappoint! Rare fuckin movie these days (especially from A24 for me) that actually charts as good/recommend. Couldn’t remember the director other credits until I looked him up again and I swore this dude had more flicks under his belt. Keep em coming. Feels like this one should hold up for a lot of years. Glad I took my time with it. Damn near 5 full months from watching first 30 in theater to catching stretches at a time since the MAX debut earlier this month? Held my interest through all that start and stop as well as all the shit that has come and gone in pop culture moments global and local events personal life shit etc lol.

Glad to see the feedback is pretty much unanimous with yall too! Aint enough shit to enjoy!! So celebrate and share the shit that is!

MaXXXine bett not disappoint neither dammit lol. Speaking of A24 haha

benny_negro

Rising Star
Platinum Member
…Other than the Oscar nominees what movie has Netflix or any streamer created that is better than mid?…
Finishing Iron Claw actually got me somehow to remember how much I actually enjoyed Netflix’s DOLEMITE IS MY NAME. I don’t think anybody making that had any delusions of it being one of their Oscars tier flicks… although I actually DO remember billboards print and buses rollin with “For Your Consideration” ads lmfao so idk lmao but regardless — that is one that for me is the exact type of quality etc that should be a minimum

Love to hear if yall got other streaming original movies in particular (the shows tend to be better by far) you think of as better than 5-6/10?

I’d give Dolemite a solid 7/10. And got no problem with anyone goin 8 or even 9 with Eddie, Snipes, DaVine and the rest of the cast all doin what they do etc.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Finally finished THE IRON CLAW didn’t disappoint! Rare fuckin movie these days (especially from A24 for me) that actually charts as good/recommend. Couldn’t remember the director other credits until I looked him up again and I swore this dude had more flicks under his belt. Keep em coming. Feels like this one should hold up for a lot of years. Glad I took my time with it. Damn near 5 full months from watching first 30 in theater to catching stretches at a time since the MAX debut earlier this month? Held my interest through all that start and stop as well as all the shit that has come and gone in pop culture moments global and local events personal life shit etc lol.

Glad to see the feedback is pretty much unanimous with yall too! Aint enough shit to enjoy!! So celebrate and share the shit that is!

MaXXXine bett not disappoint neither dammit lol. Speaking of A24 haha

Glad you enjoyed it!

Agreed - like you said, a definite recommend.

Like Efron says at the start - “people always said my family was cursed ...”

Looking forward to MaXXXine soon too. Solid cast in that one.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Daniel Stern looking for attention 30+ years later.

Meanwhile Culkin's married to Brenda Song and getting RAW daily with his MILF like "Huh? One of the Wet Bandits?"

^^^^

He think he getting points for this "revelation "?

We aren't surprised

And he had DECADES to say this publ8cly when people actually knew who he was and he could have potentially made a difference in Culkin life and other child actors.

You selling books now and used his difficult youth to do it?

You donating proceeds to help child actors Daniel?

Ain't Culkin damn near a grandfather at this point?

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
^^^^

He think he getting points for this "revelation "?

We aren't surprised

And he had DECADES to say this publ8cly when people actually knew who he was and he could have potentially made a difference in Culkin life and other child actors.

You selling books now and used his difficult youth to do it?

You donating proceeds to help child actors Daniel?

Ain't Culkin damn near a grandfather at this point?

Exactly.

The Culkin kids never had a normal childhood, and wasn't one or both parents ripping Mac' (and others) off with their $?

Shit ... I'm glad to see them living good lives these days. Especially all that Succession success for his bro'.