MOVIES ~ Any of ya'll seen any good (or shitty) movies in recent weeks/months? Post reviews, feedback, movie news, trailers, recommendations, etc ...

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
V/H/S/2

I watched and reviewed the first one earlier and watched this one this morning on Hulu, while sitting at a loading dock waiting to get loaded with freight.

Like the first, this one is a found footage film based around the main narrative of the first film. In addition there are 4 anthology stories added that go along with the main narrative story, tying them together.

My favorite is the zombie story which gives a unique perspective of the genre that is different from what is out there that people are familiar with.

There is plenty of gore and graphic violence with all the stories along with nudity from women.

For the Gay Agenda trackers, there is a quick glimpse of WM frontal nudity.

Synopsis

As they search for clues to the whereabouts of a missing student, a couple view the ghastly stories recorded on a collection of videotapes imprinted with the soul of evil.

MV5BODg4OTMxNDAxMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjM4ODQ0OQ@@._V1_.jpg

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Trigger Warning

Weak Warning

The Last movie I saw Jessica Alba in was 2016's Mechanic: Resurrection so I was up for seeing her in an action movie with a story about A special forces commando returning home after her father's death and takes on a weapons trafficking gang.
Alba is good here and there in the film. I liked the opening of the movie as it displays how tough Alba's Parker is supposed to be.
There are some lines of dialogue that I enjoyed. I did enjoy watching a few of the action sequences. Some of the cinema photography was nice to take in
There are plenty of unintentionally laughable moments

PROBLEMS: There are some awkward racist moments and conversations when it comes to Parkers ethnicity. There are definitely some moments of ultra bad acting. Yes Parker is supposed to be a skilled soldier but not a stealth super hero. Characters don't make logical decisions or steps. What the bad guys are up to and why they commit murder doesn't hold up when I actually saw how casual they were about going about illegal measures. How a couple of things play out don't make sense. There are some unnecessary drops of information that just draws the movie out.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 4½

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Trigger Warning

Weak Warning

The Last movie I saw Jessica Alba in was 2016's Mechanic: Resurrection so I was up for seeing her in an action movie with a story about A special forces commando returning home after her father's death and takes on a weapons trafficking gang.
Alba is good here and there in the film. I liked the opening of the movie as it displays how tough Alba's Parker is supposed to be.
There are some lines of dialogue that I enjoyed. I did enjoy watching a few of the action sequences. Some of the cinema photography was nice to take in
There are plenty of unintentionally laughable moments

PROBLEMS: There are some awkward racist moments and conversations when it comes to Parkers ethnicity. There are definitely some moments of ultra bad acting. Yes Parker is supposed to be a skilled soldier but not a stealth super hero. Characters don't make logical decisions or steps. What the bad guys are up to and why they commit murder doesn't hold up when I actually saw how casual they were about going about illegal measures. How a couple of things play out don't make sense. There are some unnecessary drops of information that just draws the movie out.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 4½
Wonder if there's going to be a follow-up to this..rumor is they're planning one for Atlas :rolleyes:

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Power

8.5/10

I watched this last night on the road on Netflix.

It’s a documentary going in-depth on the history of American policing.

Some of the information is well known, but it does drop some information you might not have been aware of.

The film does focus on police tactics in the Black community, but it does go in-depth on American police tactics against the White community which was a surprise. This is definitely a documentary that should be watched by all people, especially White folks.

Synopsis

Power is an 2024 American documentary film, written, directed, and produced by Yance Ford. It explores the scope and scale of the American police over hundreds of years.

MV5BZDQ1NjdiZTItYjk2My00NjA2LWI4MTMtNDIxMjk0NDE3MTUwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTAyMjQ3NzQ1._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Lockdown: 2025

5/10

I watched this last night on the road on tubi.

It’s a Black, Sci-Fi thriller. It also plays out mainly as a character drama.

The film brings up political, cultural and social issues that are currently going on today. It doesn’t do it in a preachy way and does it mainly thru imagery/visuals.

The ending is somewhat predictable as you watch it, but the film does it with a good twist that was surprising.

Overall, it’s a “Hood” movie. The premise has been done a number of time over the past 20 years, this film does it with a predominantly Black cast, it does come off pretty well for the genre that it is.

The film is full of well known Black B-list actors.

Synopsis

In the shadows of a highly contagious virus, a normal family seeks shelter in the safety of their own home during a nationwide LOCKDOWN in which MARTIAL LAW is declared. With nowhere to go and danger approaching from outside. The family is forced to confront the evil that terrorizes them from within before it consumes them all.

MV5BN2EwMjA1YzEtZDUzYy00ZWUxLWI2YjQtMjhmMDQ4OTVmMmI1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDg2NjAzNDY@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (Extended Edition)

8/10

I got home yesterday afternoon and me and my sons watched this last night while eating dinner.

We watched the last two a couple of months ago that I reviewed earlier in the thread and got around to watching this one on MAX.

This extended version takes some marathon, hardcore watching the film is just under 4 hours long. I’m not sure what the extra parts are being I have not seen this film since it was released in theaters back in 2003.

I would say this version has a lot of talking and goes more in-depth on the primary characters of the film. It does have a good ratio between talking and action but there was parts that had me start staring off into space.

The VFX/SFX along with cinematography with outdoor scenes all look good and holds up to today’s productions coming out.

Like the first two films, there are no non-Whites or LGBT shit depicted, this should please the Agenda folks fully.

I will be home today and we are gonna get started on the prequel films this evening.

Synopsis

The culmination of nearly 10 years' work and conclusion to Peter Jackson's epic trilogy based on the timeless J.R.R. Tolkien classic, "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King" presents the final confrontation between the forces of good and evil fighting for control of the future of Middle-earth. Hobbits Frodo and Sam reach Mordor in their quest to destroy the `one ring', while Aragorn leads the forces of good against Sauron's evil army at the stone city of Minas Tirith.

MV5BMmM2M2MwOTYtNzVhMi00MWU0LThmZjEtNGZiNTc0YjY3ODQ0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTEwNDU1MzEy._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Bike Riders

Rambunctious to Rough

PRAISE: I think this movie about A Midwestern motorcycle club that slowly but surely evolves is a blend of the Song The Leader of the Pack ,the movie The Lords of Flatbush and then the added topping of the TV show Son's of Anarchy. The story Told through Kathy Bauer (Jodie Comer whos very good and commits to her role) who develops a relationship with Benny (Austin Butler whos off and on effective in the movie when given the time to do so) includes leader of the Chicago Vandals Biker Club, Johnny (Tom Hardy a performance basically in the same lane as Butlers). There are some good moments with Boyd Holbrook,Michael Shannon and Norman Reedus .There's such an easy going ,tongue and cheek vibe to the movie that I really enjoyed, so much so it was jarring but effective when the movie takes some dark turns. As aforementioned it was a changing time in the period of 1965 to 1973 on which this movie and book is based. The effect of Vietnam, new blood coming in and that hungered for something more from some of the Bike Riders. Some of that hunger was clean cut ambitions, some of it was sinister and then some. There were definitely some revelations i had no idea about when it came to the codes of the bike rider clubs.The tug of war of wanting to be loyal to the club or just having a simple job and family is brought out in the film in an effective way.

PROBLEMS: More character development was definitely needed. Parts of the lives of The Riders are just touched on with a few sentences and that really effected how I felt about certain characters when they were headed down dark paths or when I was supposed to feel something for them. There were moments that I felt were ultra predictable,some as soon as a character was introduced I knew what their whole story path would be.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 7½

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

7/10

Me and my sons watched this Tuesday night when I was home on MAX.

MAX for whatever reason only has the theatrical release on its service. It has the Extended Version but only in Spanish. I had last seen this film when it was released in theaters.

The film is the first of a trilogy of prequels on the character Bilbo Baggins who was briefly introduced in the first 3 trilogies.

Not gonna go into details, but this film is basically a slow burn that is heavy on character development with the main character and some of the supporting characters. A number of characters from the first trilogy are introduced in this film and you see them from a different perspective.

VFX/SFX hold up better than the first films. There is action and suspense but not on the level as the first 3 films.

This isn’t the best of the films at this point, but being it’s the first in the trilogy, it gets a pass.

Synopsis

Bilbo Baggins (Martin Freeman) lives a simple life with his fellow hobbits in the shire, until the wizard Gandalf (Ian McKellen) arrives and convinces him to join a group of dwarves on a quest to reclaim the kingdom of Erebor. The journey takes Bilbo on a path through treacherous lands swarming with orcs, goblins and other dangers, not the least of which is an encounter with Gollum (Andy Serkis) and a simple gold ring that is tied to the fate of Middle Earth in ways Bilbo cannot even fathom.

MV5BMTcwNTE4MTUxMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDIyODM4OA@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
LX 2048

6/10

This came up in my tubi recommendations recently and I watched it last night on the road on tubi.

It is a Sci-Fi thriller that actually played out better than I expected.

I’m not gonna spoil or go to much into it. I will say that the first part of the film plays out like a combination of “Blade Runner (1982)”, “The Matrix (1999)” and “Westworld (2016)”.

From there, Delroy Lindo’s character debut. I will say pay close attention to everything he says during his time his scene plays out. It all plays into everything that happens from his scene until the last scene of the film. After his scene, the film somewhat goes into a different direction and will come off as confusing if you don’t pay attention to what Delroy’s part.

The film does a good job depicting the technology in the film and how it has affected human life.

Not much for VFX/SFX, but what is shown is effective in doing what needs to happen for the scenes.

Overall, it’s an interesting and thought provoking film dealing with technology and A.I.

Synopsis

A terminally ill man tries to secure the future of his family in a world where the toxicity of the sun forces people to stay inside during the daytime.

MV5BNmVkNWU0Y2YtN2Y1Yy00MjY1LWJlNzAtYWQzMTMzMDYzNzc1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzIzMTc2Mw@@._V1_.jpg

havelcok

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The first slam dunk

went into it without watching the trailer
but this is legit one of the best movies i have seen n years
8/10
A must see