MOVIES ~ Any of ya'll seen any good (or shitty) movies in recent weeks/months? Post reviews, feedback, movie news, trailers, recommendations, etc ...

BenQ

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

The Pale Blue Eye​

ems.cHJkLWVtcy1hc3NldHMvbW92aWVzL2NhMWE0YWNlLTY1YmUtNDg1Yi1iZGZjLWU4OTliMGVlMTUzZC5qcGc=

I had high hopes for this, Christian bale as a detective in the 1800s, Edgar Allan Poe when he was young , a whodunnit mystery
boring movie, by the end I didn't give a fuck who was the killer anymore
3/5 really should be 2/5 but the actors were good

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Checked out the movie Didi yesterday.

Really enjoyed it.

The movie doesn't overstay its welcome. Easy running time at 90 minutes. Very good performance from the lead actor Izaac Wang (recognized him from a small role in the comedy Good Boys from a handful of years back). He does a lot of good non-verbal acting in the movie. Subtle stuff while quietly listening or observing. Credit to the director Sean Wang who wrote, directed, and produced the project; (his directorial debut too). The movie is based in Fremont, CA and was filmed there per the end credits.

If you have enjoyed movies like Eighth Grade, Booksmart, North Hollywood, and Superbad ... you'll probably enjoy this one too.

Dìdi (Chinese: 弟弟; lit. 'Younger Brother') is a 2024 American coming-of-age comedy drama film, written, directed, and produced by Sean Wang in his directorial debut. The film stars Izaac Wang and Joan Chen. Carlos López Estrada, Josh Peters and Chris Columbus serve as producers and executive producers under their AntiGravity Academy, Spark Features and Maiden Voyage Pictures banners, respectively.

Dìdi had its world premiere at the 2024 Sundance Film Festival on January 19, 2024, where it won the Audience Award: U.S. Dramatic and U.S. Dramatic Special Jury Award: Ensemble.[3] It was released in the United States by Focus Features on July 26, 2024.

In the summer of 2008, 13-year-old Chris Wang lives in Fremont, California with his mother Chungsing, Chungsing's demanding mother-in-law Nai Nai, and his sister Vivian. Chris's father supports the family from Taiwan.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

havelcok

Rising Star
Platinum Member

actors-musicians.jpg

I liked weeknd in Idol

it got a lot of hate for no reason

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Rebel Ridge

Small Town Troubles

PRAISE: I went into this movie thinking First Blood. You have a character Terry Richmond (Aaron Pierre) with one goal in mind but he's literally hit by a police officer and a lot more trouble follows. But writer/director Jeremy Saulnier wants more from his characters and the viewers of this movie. So of course he gives you the First Blood vibe but he also throws in some Michael Clayton ( one of my favorite films) . This movie is about survival and people. Sometimes that survival is tied to corruption or literally trying to survive a barrage of bullets and Sauliner knows how to give the audience both and does it to a T with every twisty word spoken and every bone that cracks. Pierre is great in this providing all of the intensity and frustration,plus a good dose of raw emotion in very well acted scenes. This has to be matched with an adversary and it's Don Johnson as Chief Sandy Burnne who's as no nonsense as he is corrupt and Johnson is great as Burnne. AnnaSophia Robb is quite good in the movie to as a court clerk named Summer who does her best to help Richmond. I really liked how they fleshed her character out. The supporting cast does well to portraying people that either are turning a deaf ear to the corruption or realizing they do have their limits.

PROBLEMS: As the movie nears it's climax the pacing slowed down a bit and I did wonder why a couple of scenes had to be so drawn out since everything in those scenes had already been explained.

Scale of 1 to 10 an 7½

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Rebel Ridge

Small Town Troubles

PRAISE: I went into this movie thinking First Blood. You have a character Terry Richmond (Aaron Pierre) with one goal in mind but he's literally hit by a police officer and a lot more trouble follows. But writer/director Jeremy Saulnier wants more from his characters and the viewers of this movie. So of course he gives you the First Blood vibe but he also throws in some Michael Clayton ( one of my favorite films) . This movie is about survival and people. Sometimes that survival is tied to corruption or literally trying to survive a barrage of bullets and Sauliner knows how to give the audience both and does it to a T with every twisty word spoken and every bone that cracks. Pierre is great in this providing all of the intensity and frustration,plus a good dose of raw emotion in very well acted scenes. This has to be matched with an adversary and it's Don Johnson as Chief Sandy Burnne who's as no nonsense as he is corrupt and Johnson is great as Burnne. AnnaSophia Robb is quite good in the movie to as a court clerk named Summer who does her best to help Richmond. I really liked how they fleshed her character out. The supporting cast does well to portraying people that either are turning a deaf ear to the corruption or realizing they do have their limits.

PROBLEMS: As the movie nears it's climax the pacing slowed down a bit and I did wonder why a couple of scenes had to be so drawn out since everything in those scenes had already been explained.

Scale of 1 to 10 an 7½

I liked this more than I thought I would. It kept me entertained, which is more than I can say for a lot of Netflix movies.

Needed more action, but that's just me. He was too nice to them.

I did like the twist of who Sequoia was. I already thought that anyway.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend