MOVIES ~ Any of ya'll seen any good (or shitty) movies in recent weeks/months? Post reviews, feedback, movie news, trailers, recommendations, etc ...

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Blink Twice

Zoe did a good job for her first movie, and so did Channing Tatum and Naomi Acki. Visually it looked good, and the food was interesting, sort of like The Menu. Adria Ardonja has a bright future. She does a good job in comedic roles. She's had a good year with this and Hit Man. Plus, she isn't bad to look at.

It did good building up the anticipation and tension while also being entertaining and funny, however the third act and the ending. I didn't know how to feel. The "win" left a bad taste in my mouth. I guess it says some things about society and the price and things we'll do for fame and money, but it would have been satisfying if they ended it when you thought they would.

I want to see it again, because it gives you hints that you can look back on

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

89166515-13802643-image-a-274_1725224559951.jpg

89164971-13802643-image-a-200_1725222062120.jpg

89166041-13802643-image-a-244_1725223676592.jpg

89166069-13802643-Brad_Pitt_and_Ines_de_Ramon-m-249_1725223924706.jpg
89164951-13802643-Ines_showed_off_her_toned_figure_in_a_white_one_shoulder_number_-a-192_1725221886872.jpg

89166067-13802643-image-m-253_1725223982585.jpg

89166063-13802643-image-a-259_1725224076853.jpg

89165541-0-image-a-214_1725222446109.jpg

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
The Intervention

8/10

As I have stated before, I’m in the process of going thru my future ex-wife Melanie Lynskey film catalog.

I had watched this flick earlier last week while at home on PlutoTV.

It’s mainly a comedy/drama dealing with relationships. It’s presented well and the film delivers at a good pace from start to finish.

The actors in it are all good friends and know each other in real life, so that chemistry helps big time with the film.

Melanie plays a “Happy” alcoholic in the film. She still holds up in the looks after just finishing her run on “Two and a Half Men”. Her boobs are big and swollen even with the baggy tops she wears. Her real life husband Jason Ritter co-stars as her husband.

Natasha Lyonne co-stars. This is one of the very few projects she is in where she actually looks like a hot piece of Ass. She has big blonde hair, makeup and she wears booty jean shorts thruout the film. There are two scenes showing her fully. She also plays a lesbian.

Alia Shawkat co-stars. The way her hair is styled, she looks like the white version of “Ice Spice”. HaHa!!!

Cobie Smulders co-stars. I looked into the film and discovered she actually broke her leg just prior to filming. Clea DuVall who co-stars and made the film, decided to include her broken leg to add to the character instead of recasting her or trying to hide it.

Overall, it’s an entertaining flick, not preachy with the relationship stuff. It’s a decent flick to watch with your girl and not be bored out of your mind.

Synopsis

A weekend getaway for four couples takes a sharp turn when one of the couples discovers the entire trip was orchestrated to host an intervention on their marriage.

MV5BMTc0NTAxMDk1OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDU3NjA0OTE@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
The Intervention

8/10

As I have stated before, I’m in the process of going thru my future ex-wife Melanie Lynskey film catalog.

I had watched this flick earlier last week while at home on PlutoTV.

It’s mainly a comedy/drama dealing with relationships. It’s presented well and the film delivers at a good pace from start to finish.

The actors in it are all good friends and know each other in real life, so that chemistry helps big time with the film.

Melanie plays a “Happy” alcoholic in the film. She still holds up in the looks after just finishing her run on “Two and a Half Men”. Her boobs are big and swollen even with the baggy tops she wears. Her real life husband Jason Ritter co-stars as her husband.

Natasha Lyonne co-stars. This is one of the very few projects she is in where she actually looks like a hot piece of Ass. She has big blonde hair, makeup and she wears booty jean shorts thruout the film. There are two scenes showing her fully. She also plays a lesbian.

Alia Shawkat co-stars. The way her hair is styled, she looks like the white version of “Ice Spice”. HaHa!!!

Cobie Smulders co-stars. I looked into the film and discovered she actually broke her leg just prior to filming. Clea DuVall who co-stars and made the film, decided to include her broken leg to add to the character instead of recasting her or trying to hide it.

Overall, it’s an entertaining flick, not preachy with the relationship stuff. It’s a decent flick to watch with your girl and not be bored out of your mind.

Synopsis

A weekend getaway for four couples takes a sharp turn when one of the couples discovers the entire trip was orchestrated to host an intervention on their marriage.

MV5BMTc0NTAxMDk1OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDU3NjA0OTE@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Looks like a good cast in this one ^

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Strange Darling

Stranger Danger

Praise : The beginning of this movie is so ambiguous I couldn't help but be drawn into it and it's involving presentation. It's one of those movies in which I immediately was looking for what was the cause and effect of what was happening onscreen. Writer/director JT Mollner's script is at times darkly humorous as it's tied to what some people may be into in real life but this worked for me for a couple of reasons one because it threw me off for a bit and I wanted to see how far things would go. As The Lady” Willa Fitzgerald, and the lead male, “The Demon” Kyle Gallner are both equally great because they fall in line with how ambiguous everything is. As Genevieve : Barbara Hershey, and Frederick: Ed Begley Jr. they both have fun with their roles. They are so good and written with such great quirkiness I would like to see a movie just based on their characters. Scenes displaying great pain are so well directed and acted they actually made me wince.
I loved how visuals were played with that they either got laughs from me or a WTF !! Back to the beginning I thought the movie was really spelling things out to me....but I was wrong and it added to how effective the movie was for me.

Problems: Even with its great use of ambiguity there were a couple of things that became obvious. When the movie reaches its last 30 minutes it goes down very familiar thriller movie paths but it at least gave me a couple of more insane moments.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 7½

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Tarot

4/10

I watched this one last night on the road. It debuted a few months ago.

Not much to say about it. The premise has been ran through a million times over the past 20+ years. So nothing new with the plot.

There isn’t anything for gore or graphic violence. The film could actually play complete on network primetime, minus the language.

The actor who plays Peter Parker’s best in the MCU films co-stars. He is the comedy relief and basically plays the same character from the MCU. He does have the best death sequence scene in the film.

For the Militants, there is some interracial tension between a BM/WW along with a WM/IW (Red Dot Indian). Nothing is shown.

There is a quick post-title scene explaining one of the characters death sequence. The film has a complete ending with a possibility of future franchise films.

If you looking for some new, entertaining horror for this Halloween, you should enjoy this.

Synopsis

Friends unwittingly unleash an unspeakable evil trapped within a cursed deck of tarot cards. One by one, they come face to face with fate, racing against death to escape the future foretold in their readings.

MV5BNjY3NTkxMjQtZWNjNy00NGU2LTlhOTMtMmRhZGEwNzRmMDcyXkEyXkFqcGc@._V1_.jpg

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Beverly Hills Cop

5.5/10

As everyone knows, Eddie has a new flick for this franchise on Netflix. I was gonna watch it and found out that the film was bringing back a number of former characters in the new flick. The last time I saw the first 3 films, it’s been so long that I forgot what happened in them. Eddie Murphy in the films he stars in, usually fit in the category of “Watch It, Enjoy It, Never Have Any Interest In Watching Them Again”

This film had debuted in theaters in 1984 when I was 14 years old. Back then I knew of Eddie but only from his SNL days. And I wasn’t watching SNL back then. The film debuted some years later on VHS and I first saw it when I was in the ARMY in Germany in the late 80s. That was the last time I saw it.

I decided to rewatch the first 3 films before watching the 4th to catch up. I watched the first film last night on Paramount+. They have all 3 films.
Not gonna go into it. But it is an enjoyable film to watch. Not much for action except for the opening scene with Eddie hanging onto a semi truck and the big shoot ‘em up sequence at the end of the film.

This film came out during the 80s when studios invested money into movie soundtracks. This film is full of iconic popular songs written specifically for the film along with others that were added.

There is a large number of recognizable supporting actors in the film who were either at the start of their acting careers or B-List veterans. Johnathan Banks “Breaking Bad” and “Better Call Saul” co-stars. Bronson Pinchot co-stars along with Paul Reiser.

For the Gay Agenda trackers, Damon Wayans has a bit part playing a gay man. His character is similar to his popular gay character from “In Living Color”. Damon looks rough with the nappy head with receding hairline. The credits have him labeled as “Banana Man”.

I will get to Part 2….at some point.

Synopsis

After his childhood buddy is murdered while visiting Detroit, rebellious cop Axel Foley (Eddie Murphy) follows the leads to Beverly Hills, Calif., under the auspices of a vacation. He checks in with old friend Jenny Summers (Lisa Eilbacher) and starts to believe her boss, art dealer Victor Maitland (Steven Berkoff), might somehow be involved in the murder. However, Lt. Bogomil (Ronny Cox) of the Beverly Hills Police Department does not trust Foley, and hinders his search for evidence.

MV5BNzU1M2QxMzgtZmJiYy00Zjc4LTg3YTMtZTBmZmNhMDMxZmU2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTUzMDUzNTI3._V1_.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
The Killer

The plot is very basic but the movie is pumped up by John Woo's stylish direction and some good performances from Nathalie Emmanuel, Omar Sy, Sam Worthington, and Diana Silvers. I think there was some good tension between the characters and it's fun at times but unfortunately only really comes to life in it's last 30 minutes. On top of that even with a high production it felt like I was watching a B movie at times due to some line delivery and awkwardly displayed scenes.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 6

89232223-13808735-image-a-29_1725378506686.jpg

89233791-13808735-image-a-26_1725378487379.jpg

89233763-13808735-image-a-24_1725378471073.jpg
89233761-13808735-image-a-22_1725378453936.jpg
89233769-13808735-image-a-18_1725378420046.jpg

89233773-13808735-image-a-16_1725378397296.jpg

89233783-13808735-image-a-14_1725378380502.jpg
88549693-13808735-Nathalie_had_her_short_blonde_hair_up-a-11_1725378340815.jpg

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
The Deliverance

6/10

This is a suspense/supernatural film that recently debuted on Netflix. I watched it tonight on the road.

What struck my interest was seeing veteran actress Glenn Close in the Netflix preview they showed. Glenn’s performance, in the minimal scenes she is in, are the highlight of the film. The visuals of seeing her keeps your eye on the screen. I have been familiar with her since the early 1980s, this is the first time seeing her that had me thinking I wanna SMASH her old Ass. HaHa!!!

It’s a demonic, supernatural film. The first hour is heavy on character introduction and character development. The first hour has two supernatural scenes that go by quickly. The supernatural stuff kicks in during the last 30+ minutes. It’s a 2 hour flick that could have had about 15 minutes knocked off and still be interesting.

The film is full of well known actors in supporting roles. Everyone does a decent job in their performances, especially the few scenes filled with high tension drama.

For the Militants, Glenn Close plays a White Woman closely attached to the Black community. There are scenes of her interacting sexually/romantically with Black men. Nothing graphic is shown.

For the InCells, the film is heavily female cast and shows some Black women in strong, positive roles. The imagery shown, you find offensive and disturbing.

For the Gay Agenda Trackers, there is one openly, very flamboyant gay BM character. Nothing sexual is shown.

This is the first film I have seen dealing with demonic supernatural with a heavy Christian religious aspect too it. Normally films like this will have a Catholic Preist debut throwing around Holy Water and chanting “The Lords Prayer”. This film goes a different route.

The depiction of supernatural scenes play out differently than what you expect. I expect future supernatural projects will slowly be inspired and copy this film, with how this film depicts it.

Overall, it’s a different type of supernatural film you will be used to seeing from Hollywood. If you dislike women, don’t watch it. If you object to Christianity/Religon, don’t watch it.

The film is based on actual events that happened in Pittsburgh, PA back in 2011. The end of the film shows actual pictures and gives a update.

Synopsis

A family living in a home in Indiana discovers strange, demonic occurrences that convince them and the community that the house is a portal to hell.

MV5BNWI2ZWFkNTAtYjA0NS00NzZkLWE1NzMtNGRkMmY2MzEwZWRkXkEyXkFqcGc@._V1_.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Listening to this episode now as I'm typing ...

benny_negro

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Nigga did you really give a 5.5 to BHC…?

Lmao

And a 6 to a Lee Daniels Netflix original lmMFao

I’m clownin but real talk I’m not mad at you AT ALL. All this shit is subjective

Appreciate you and always love the honest reviews!

Beverly Hills Cop

5.5/10

As everyone knows, Eddie has a new flick for this franchise on Netflix. I was gonna watch it and found out that the film was bringing back a number of former characters in the new flick. The last time I saw the first 3 films, it’s been so long that I forgot what happened in them. Eddie Murphy in the films he stars in, usually fit in the category of “Watch It, Enjoy It, Never Have Any Interest In Watching Them Again”

This film had debuted in theaters in 1984 when I was 14 years old. Back then I knew of Eddie but only from his SNL days. And I wasn’t watching SNL back then. The film debuted some years later on VHS and I first saw it when I was in the ARMY in Germany in the late 80s. That was the last time I saw it.

I decided to rewatch the first 3 films before watching the 4th to catch up. I watched the first film last night on Paramount+. They have all 3 films.
Not gonna go into it. But it is an enjoyable film to watch. Not much for action except for the opening scene with Eddie hanging onto a semi truck and the big shoot ‘em up sequence at the end of the film.

This film came out during the 80s when studios invested money into movie soundtracks. This film is full of iconic popular songs written specifically for the film along with others that were added.

There is a large number of recognizable supporting actors in the film who were either at the start of their acting careers or B-List veterans. Johnathan Banks “Breaking Bad” and “Better Call Saul” co-stars. Bronson Pinchot co-stars along with Paul Reiser.

For the Gay Agenda trackers, Damon Wayans has a bit part playing a gay man. His character is similar to his popular gay character from “In Living Color”. Damon looks rough with the nappy head with receding hairline. The credits have him labeled as “Banana Man”.

I will get to Part 2….at some point.

Synopsis

After his childhood buddy is murdered while visiting Detroit, rebellious cop Axel Foley (Eddie Murphy) follows the leads to Beverly Hills, Calif., under the auspices of a vacation. He checks in with old friend Jenny Summers (Lisa Eilbacher) and starts to believe her boss, art dealer Victor Maitland (Steven Berkoff), might somehow be involved in the murder. However, Lt. Bogomil (Ronny Cox) of the Beverly Hills Police Department does not trust Foley, and hinders his search for evidence.

MV5BNzU1M2QxMzgtZmJiYy00Zjc4LTg3YTMtZTBmZmNhMDMxZmU2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTUzMDUzNTI3._V1_.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
@benny_negro

I just watched Jaws 4.

10 / 10.

Instant cinematic sharktastic classic (from 1987).

Jaws_The_Revenge.jpg

Jaws: The Revenge is a 1987 American horror film produced and directed by Joseph Sargent. The fourth and final film in the Jaws franchise, it stars Lorraine Gary, who came out of retirement to reprise her role from the first two films, along with new cast members Lance Guest, Mario Van Peebles, Karen Young and Michael Caine. Acting as a sequel to Jaws 2 (retroactively ignoring the events of Jaws 3-D), the film focuses on a now-widowed Ellen Brody (Gary) and her conviction that a great white shark is seeking revenge on her family, particularly when it kills her youngest son, and follows her to the Bahamas.

The film was made in less than nine months, with production commencing in September 1986 so that the film could be released the following summer.[4] The film was shot on location in New England and in the Bahamas and completed on the Universal lot. As with the first two films, Martha's Vineyard was the location of the fictional Amity Island for the opening scenes.[5] Delays caused by the mechanical sharks and the weather led to concerns about whether the release date would be met.[6] Many critics suggested that the rushed production compromised the quality of the film.[7] The film was marketed with the now infamous tagline "This time, it's personal."[8][9]

Jaws: The Revenge was the lowest grossing film of the franchise, with $51.9 million total gross on a $23 million budget.[2] It was universally lambasted by critics and audiences alike, who lamented the weak story, poor acting, and cheap-looking effects, and felt like the franchise had run its course.[7][10][11]