MOVIES ~ Any of ya'll seen any good (or shitty) movies in recent weeks/months? Post reviews, feedback, movie news, trailers, recommendations, etc ...

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
The Deliverance

6/10

This is a suspense/supernatural film that recently debuted on Netflix. I watched it tonight on the road.

What struck my interest was seeing veteran actress Glenn Close in the Netflix preview they showed. Glenn’s performance, in the minimal scenes she is in, are the highlight of the film. The visuals of seeing her keeps your eye on the screen. I have been familiar with her since the early 1980s, this is the first time seeing her that had me thinking I wanna SMASH her old Ass. HaHa!!!

It’s a demonic, supernatural film. The first hour is heavy on character introduction and character development. The first hour has two supernatural scenes that go by quickly. The supernatural stuff kicks in during the last 30+ minutes. It’s a 2 hour flick that could have had about 15 minutes knocked off and still be interesting.

The film is full of well known actors in supporting roles. Everyone does a decent job in their performances, especially the few scenes filled with high tension drama.

For the Militants, Glenn Close plays a White Woman closely attached to the Black community. There are scenes of her interacting sexually/romantically with Black men. Nothing graphic is shown.

For the InCells, the film is heavily female cast and shows some Black women in strong, positive roles. The imagery shown, you find offensive and disturbing.

For the Gay Agenda Trackers, there is one openly, very flamboyant gay BM character. Nothing sexual is shown.

This is the first film I have seen dealing with demonic supernatural with a heavy Christian religious aspect too it. Normally films like this will have a Catholic Preist debut throwing around Holy Water and chanting “The Lords Prayer”. This film goes a different route.

The depiction of supernatural scenes play out differently than what you expect. I expect future supernatural projects will slowly be inspired and copy this film, with how this film depicts it.

Overall, it’s a different type of supernatural film you will be used to seeing from Hollywood. If you dislike women, don’t watch it. If you object to Christianity/Religon, don’t watch it.

The film is based on actual events that happened in Pittsburgh, PA back in 2011. The end of the film shows actual pictures and gives a update.

Synopsis

A family living in a home in Indiana discovers strange, demonic occurrences that convince them and the community that the house is a portal to hell.

MV5BNWI2ZWFkNTAtYjA0NS00NzZkLWE1NzMtNGRkMmY2MzEwZWRkXkEyXkFqcGc@._V1_.jpg

‘The Deliverance’: How Netflix Viewers Responded To Glenn Close’s Portrayal Of A Bimbo Named Alberta​

Glenn-Close-The-Deliverance.jpg

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
The Deliverance

6/10

This is a suspense/supernatural film that recently debuted on Netflix. I watched it tonight on the road.

What struck my interest was seeing veteran actress Glenn Close in the Netflix preview they showed. Glenn’s performance, in the minimal scenes she is in, are the highlight of the film. The visuals of seeing her keeps your eye on the screen. I have been familiar with her since the early 1980s, this is the first time seeing her that had me thinking I wanna SMASH her old Ass. HaHa!!!

It’s a demonic, supernatural film. The first hour is heavy on character introduction and character development. The first hour has two supernatural scenes that go by quickly. The supernatural stuff kicks in during the last 30+ minutes. It’s a 2 hour flick that could have had about 15 minutes knocked off and still be interesting.

The film is full of well known actors in supporting roles. Everyone does a decent job in their performances, especially the few scenes filled with high tension drama.

For the Militants, Glenn Close plays a White Woman closely attached to the Black community. There are scenes of her interacting sexually/romantically with Black men. Nothing graphic is shown.

For the InCells, the film is heavily female cast and shows some Black women in strong, positive roles. The imagery shown, you find offensive and disturbing.

For the Gay Agenda Trackers, there is one openly, very flamboyant gay BM character. Nothing sexual is shown.

This is the first film I have seen dealing with demonic supernatural with a heavy Christian religious aspect too it. Normally films like this will have a Catholic Preist debut throwing around Holy Water and chanting “The Lords Prayer”. This film goes a different route.

The depiction of supernatural scenes play out differently than what you expect. I expect future supernatural projects will slowly be inspired and copy this film, with how this film depicts it.

Overall, it’s a different type of supernatural film you will be used to seeing from Hollywood. If you dislike women, don’t watch it. If you object to Christianity/Religon, don’t watch it.

The film is based on actual events that happened in Pittsburgh, PA back in 2011. The end of the film shows actual pictures and gives a update.

Synopsis

A family living in a home in Indiana discovers strange, demonic occurrences that convince them and the community that the house is a portal to hell.

MV5BNWI2ZWFkNTAtYjA0NS00NzZkLWE1NzMtNGRkMmY2MzEwZWRkXkEyXkFqcGc@._V1_.jpg

Glenn Close Says People Warned Her ‘The Deliverance’ Director Was Crazy: ‘For Me, That’s a Compliment’​

“It was one of the most inclusive, creative, challenging, fun experiences of my career,” Close says on Radio Andy

Glenn-Close-The-Deliverance-via-screenshot.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Damn he must have pissed off the wrong person cause this article is killing him

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

This is another in the theater over the weekend and on streaming by Tuesday flicks. It does have a few things to like about it.Tyrese Gibson turns in a strong performance at the first half of the movie believable as a an all around no nonsense father. A story setting about a heist taking place after the Rodney King police brutality verdict was an interesting idea. Another intense performance from the late great Ray Liotta who gets to chew up some scenery. Some cold blooded actions by a couple of characters and the contradictions the characters posses were entertaining to watch and listen to. The generic feel kicks in fast. There are several ultra predictable moments and it was watch watching time by the time the movie reaches its last 20 minutes.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 5½

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
The Crow

Man, the first 40 minutes is slooooooooow. They're trying to establish their relationship to make you realize why he's doing all of this, but damn. That shit was pretty damn painful. It's really nap time. It really doesn't work. They could have condensed things, and you would have gotten it, and then built up the villain more.

And the bad guys just pop up.

Twigs was just whatever, and her mom made no sense. Villian was cut and paste. Skarsgard was ok.

It was entertaining, because once it gets going to action is pretty cool, but it still doesn't make you forget how the beginning drags and the lackluster acting and characters. The ending sets up a sequel, but it didn't do well so they should have gone with the original ending which I'm sure was darker.

BenQ

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Sunshine 2097

This movie is terrible, for some reason I never seen this or I though I had , because I was expecting don cheadle to show up half way into the movie but he didn’t
The movie was alright during the first half, then it got really bad ,
the ending was so hard to follow what was happening with the shaky camera and Freddy Krueger running around
Moon 2009 is 100 times better than this

Last edited:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Yall got to watch this is great

Came out today on Netflix

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Checked out the movie Didi yesterday.

Really enjoyed it.

The movie doesn't overstay its welcome. Easy running time at 90 minutes. Very good performance from the lead actor Izaac Wang (recognized him from a small role in the comedy Good Boys from a handful of years back). He does a lot of good non-verbal acting in the movie. Subtle stuff while quietly listening or observing. Credit to the director Sean Wang who wrote, directed, and produced the project; (his directorial debut too). The movie is based in Fremont, CA and was filmed there per the end credits.

If you have enjoyed movies like Eighth Grade, Booksmart, North Hollywood, and Superbad ... you'll probably enjoy this one too.

Dìdi (Chinese: 弟弟; lit. 'Younger Brother') is a 2024 American coming-of-age comedy drama film, written, directed, and produced by Sean Wang in his directorial debut. The film stars Izaac Wang and Joan Chen. Carlos López Estrada, Josh Peters and Chris Columbus serve as producers and executive producers under their AntiGravity Academy, Spark Features and Maiden Voyage Pictures banners, respectively.

Dìdi had its world premiere at the 2024 Sundance Film Festival on January 19, 2024, where it won the Audience Award: U.S. Dramatic and U.S. Dramatic Special Jury Award: Ensemble.[3] It was released in the United States by Focus Features on July 26, 2024.

In the summer of 2008, 13-year-old Chris Wang lives in Fremont, California with his mother Chungsing, Chungsing's demanding mother-in-law Nai Nai, and his sister Vivian. Chris's father supports the family from Taiwan.

BenQ

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
61789de856909521f64d9fb50b8fdad3c366f84327293f711db67241252af9c8._UR1920,1080_SX720_FMjpg_.jpg

The day the Earth Stood Still 2008

I knew it had to have been a reason why I had never seen this
This movie sucked, will smith son was annoying
The plot was stupid
I’d like to think if an alien landed on Earth humans wouldn’t act like they do in this movie
But then again people voted for Trump
So yes we are that stupid,skip this one

Last edited:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

:eek2:

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
Took the missus to see this for her b'day yesterday. She wanted to see it, and I have to admit, it was pretty good, and it wasn't too long. I know taste is relative, but I'd recommend it.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Took the missus to see this for her b'day yesterday. She wanted to see it, and I have to admit, it was pretty good, and it wasn't too long. I know taste is relative, but I'd recommend it.

Glad you both enjoyed it.

Yeah - I was surprised they didn't like it.

She emailed me and asked what are critics and fans saying?

I sent her the Pop Culture Happy Hour podcast review (3 - 4 panelists) and the link to Metacritic's aggregate scores. She replied that she was surprised, and that the aggregate reviews were definitely more favorable than she had expected.

I plan on seeing it later this fall. I think I am gonna watch the original just before seeing it. I did that with Top Gun: Maverick a few years back. Watched the original within 24 hours. It made a few key moments in the modern day one hit harder.

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
Glad you both enjoyed it.

Yeah - I was surprised they didn't like it.

She emailed me and asked what are critics and fans saying?

I sent her the Pop Culture Happy Hour podcast review (3 - 4 panelists) and the link to Metacritic's aggregate scores. She replied that she was surprised, and that the aggregate reviews were definitely more favorable than she had expected.

I plan on seeing it later this fall. I think I am gonna watch the original just before seeing it. I did that with Top Gun: Maverick a few years back. Watched the original within 24 hours. It made a few key moments in the modern day one hit harder.
Another surprise for me, was the theater seating. It's been a minute since I've been to a movie theater. All of the seats were recliners. When did that start?

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Another surprise for me, was the theater seating. It's been a minute since I've been to a movie theater. All of the seats were recliners. When did that start?

I know what you mean. I usually just hit up the basic theaters - no recliners. Coworker of mine takes his girl to the fancy spot and they have wine & fancy meals, top-notch recliners.

I went to see Civil War back in the spring on opening weekend. Turns out it had recliners. That shit was nice. Almost fell asleep. The speakers in that theater were serious though ... some of those shootout scenes were LOUD AS FUCK!!

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
I know what you mean. I usually just hit up the basic theaters - no recliners. Coworker of mine takes his girl to the fancy spot and they have wine & fancy meals, top-notch recliners.

I went to see Civil War back in the spring on opening weekend. Turns out it had recliners. That shit was nice. Almost fell asleep. The speakers in that theater were serious though ... some of those shootout scenes were LOUD AS FUCK!!
Yo, "Beetlejuice Beetlejuice" had some serious boom too! The sound system was sick!

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend