Music Debate: Biggie is the Best Rapper but Jay Z is the Best MC (DJ Clark Kent)

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
I lived in both NYC and L.A. with my roots in Brooklyn, so I am as non-biased as you can come to the subject, but 2Pac > Biggie every day of the week..
Biggie was nice but is more one dimensional (basically a typical flossing type rapper), Pac on the other hand hand more substance and his structure was more sophisticated probably due to the fact that he is a poet/rapper and rapper first.. Plus Pac was smarter and more diverse giving more subject matter to rap about...

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Biggie could rap,I liked his flow,the shit he talked about.Jay could rap too but alot of what he rapped about flew and flies over people's head and I'm glad Dame and Bigg's came out and spoke on why that was,because of them and what they were doing and it rubbed off on Jay but it's all good they partners.

I like all for different reason's ,who's the best Rakim and Big Daddy Kane would chew em up and spit em out that's for another day.There it's settled.

A to Dah K

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I lived in both NYC and L.A. with my roots in Brooklyn, so I am as non-biased as you can come to the subject, but 2Pac > Biggie every day of the week..
Biggie was nice but is more one dimensional (basically a typical flossing type rapper), Pac on the other hand hand more substance and his structure was more sophisticated probably due to the fact that he is a poet/rapper and rapper first.. Plus Pac was smarter and more diverse giving more subject matter to rap about...
Ready to die wasnt nonfloaaing type shit. I dont think any of the mentioned are the "goat"

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Ready to die wasnt nonfloaaing type shit. I dont think any of the mentioned are the "goat"
Don't know what exactly you are trying to say... But if your saying Biggie could flow, yeah sure I give him that, but so could Pac, but there are more criteria's to being a top rapper besides being able to flow and who you like...
You can make the argument for anyone being the best rapper, if you just go by who you like, so the argument is dumb and fruitless, however if your going to rate the according to a certain criteria or ranking system then perhaps the argument may have legs to stand on... But too bad folks rather go on and on about who they like and who they think was popping, like that shit ain't as dumb as wood logs...

A to Dah K

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Don't know what exactly you are trying to say... But if your saying Biggie could flow, yeah sure I give him that, but so could Pac, but there are more criteria's to being a top rapper besides being able to flow and who you like...
You can make the argument for anyone being the best rapper, if you just go by who you like, so the argument is dumb and fruitless, however if your going to rate the according to a certain criteria or ranking system then perhaps the argument may have legs to stand on... But too bad folks rather go on and on about who they like and who they think was popping, like that shit ain't as dumb as wood logs...
Ready to die wasnt a flossing type album*

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Ready to die wasnt a flossing type album*
Flossing is bragging, you know the type who starts every other line by saying "I'm"------..
Rappers who stay talking about how great they are or what they going to do..
Don't get me wrong Pac did it also, but he also had deep songs to balance out the bullshit talk..

A to Dah K

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Flossing is bragging, you know the type who starts every other line by saying "I'm"------..
Rappers who stay talking about how great they are or what they going to do..
Don't get me wrong Pac did it also, but he also had deep songs to balance out the bullshit talk..
"FloSsing is talking about flashy shit"
His second album was more so flossy
Ready to die... braggadocious? Not even that

HotNixon36

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Biggie was not in my top 5 in 1995, not in my top 5 now. Jay ain't nowhere near the top 5, maybe in money and record sales (great promotion), maybe the most influential (the Pied Piper of Hip Hop), but damn for sure is not anywhere near the most talented mc/rapper I ever heard in my lifetime.

Back when Biggie was alive, you ain't hear no headliners or rap vets, outside his tight circle, saying Biggie was the best rapper alive or the best they ever heard, lol. If so, somebody please show me a 90's video or hip hop article of other top rappers saying Biggie was the best ever.

If Jay Z and Biggie is in your top 5, you have not been listening to nothing but the fucking radio, you have not really seen or heard no real talent before in life.

Folktales and tall tales always make people bigger and better than what they were.

Last edited:

380snubnose

i posts nothing but dimes!!
BGOL Investor
Got to say this..LL is like Jordan.. Dude did it for years at a high level..took out competitors etc.. But like Jordan he get remembered for his last season on Washington bullets..

To be considered the best at anything means no one is better than you period..how could you say jay is the best anything and he got ether'd.. How could u say biggie the best and he got "hit'em upped".. Hell LL got second round knock outted but at least they debate on him.winning the battle..
Biggie shouldn't even be in the Convo off of two albums..and I'm from n.y..but dude never said anything so lyrical I was like ooohhhh..or I had to think about what was said.. He just had beats an a nice flow..
Jay z will say some clever shit..but I heard him.spit a lot of dumb shit also..he ain't in the streets no more..so he don't appeal to me no more..
Nas has to be in the convoy..but he put out like two wack ass albums before he came back to the essence..I may have to throw fabolous in this mix also..dudes consistent as hell..

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Short career for Big.

Talented nonetheless, but short career.

Redman >>>>> your favorite rapper

Ain't nobody ever can come around here talking bad about Reggie Noble...

But I find it interesting we can never have a concise debate on bgol...

This is clearly a Jay v Biggie topic but it's like people are unable to discuss without dragging in others...

Which I guess prove how truly great both these artists are.

So the REAL question is

will we ever talk about any rappers from the last 10 years like that?

Drake Kendrick Cole Pusha migos Rick Ross meek mill nicki wale rocky Joey badass lil uzi vert jay electronica lil dickie action Bronson joel Ortiz battle rappers etc?