Music Debate: Biggie is the Best Rapper but Jay Z is the Best MC (DJ Clark Kent)

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
[Skit - Trevin Jones]

Welcome back, we're here on Bad Boy Television, and I'm Trevin Jones and I've been conversing with the Mad Rapper and quite frankly, he's very mad. We're gonna try to find out why, so we'll take some questions at this point from our studio audience. Yes ma'am, please stand and state your name and where you're from. Shay - Hi, my name is Shay, and I'm from New Rochelle. and I just don't understand; why you so mad? Like, what are you so mad about? The Mad Rapper - Yo, yo, yo-yo, y'know, yo you wanna know why? Yo first of all, you can't be askin' me no question youknowhatI'msayin'? Who the fuck is you? (Ahh, excuse me, Mr. Rapper, Mr. Rapper) YouknowhatI'msayin? You can't be askin' me no question (It's a family oriented show)
I'ma tell you why I'm mad, youknowhatI'msayin? I'ma tell you why I'm mad, I'ma tell you why I'm mad. These niggas is makin' five hundred thousand dollar videos, youknowsayin? They drivin' around in hot cars, youknowsayin? They got bitches, they got all that shit (Sir, please, please, refrain from your foul language). YouknowhatI'ms--? I'm still livin' with my Moms, youknowhatI'msayin?
That's my word. YouknowI'ms--? I'm makin' records, I ain't made no money yet I done made, this is my fourth album yo, this my fourth album. I ain't made a dime yet. This nigga made one album, he makin' wild records. That "Ready to Die" shit, it was aight, it was aight YouknowI'msayin, that shit was aight, it was cool. But my shit is J--more John Blaze than that! I got John Blaze shit And they not resp-ecognising, they not sayin, "I recognize" And fuck is that, who is you to be askin' me questions, youknowhatI'msayin? Who is you?

shamone

Rising Star
OG Investor
primo told a story of how puff was screaming on him while leaving the studio. telling him he's losing it. he's falling off with that beat. primo said he just shooked his head as the elevator door closed. puff said he put it on the album cause thats the only time big fought for a song to be on a album.

DEETZ181

Rising Star
Registered
primo told a story of how puff was screaming on him while leaving the studio. telling him he's losing it. he's falling off with that beat. primo said he just shooked his head as the elevator door closed. puff said he put it on the album cause thats the only time big fought for a song to be on a album.

@3:20 Preem tells how Puff didn't like the beat but Big said fuck Puff :lol:

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
Which was the better Premier/Biggie collabo? "Unbelievable" or "Kick In the Door?"

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Which was the better Premier/Bigger collabo? "Unbelievable" or "Kick In the Door?"

Kick In the Door.

Unbelievable that beat and flow may be my personal favorite

but there is a visceral primal Brooklyn east coast violent no wasted nanosecond DNA to this record.

a pure b boy adrenaline rush

His flow and his voice is PERFECT PERIOD

Every line every word every lyric

from breath control to emphasis to annunciation

almost every line there are rhymes WITHIN a bar and AROUND a bar

similes metaphors imagery subliminals

listen to how BALANCED the record

hell the SKIT preceding it is perfect.

and Unbelievable is STILL a classic.

cause NOT MANY MCs could rock that beat....

but Kick in the Door

that sample?

:itsawrap:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
c0372.jpg

https://www.fades-entire.top/notorious-hip-hop-rap-crown-12x8-framed-canvas-art-print-p-19835.html

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Coastal Bias will always dictate the conversation of who the best rapper/mc is/where.....and if not your coast your age...

Facts

Same with sports.

But at the same time its like Shakespeare, De Vinci etc

There are some just agreed upon absolutes

I think Biggie, Outkast and Cube are some of those untouchables

No matter where you from how old you are and even non hip hop fans understand.

BaseballKid

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I know its a generational thing with who's the best ever in the hip-hip lyrical game. But for me, this Cat will always be one of the best to ever do it, even if it was just in a short period of time. He just had that it factor! Got to be featured on a song with the King of Pop, Micheal Jackson. I will always rock his music.

Side: IMO, if he was still alive, he would be featured on majority of these new artists cuts!

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I know its a generational thing with who's the best ever when it come to the hip-hip game. But for me, this Cat will always be one of the best to ever do it, even if it was just in a short period of time. He just had that it factor! Got to be featured on a song with the King of Pop, Micheal Jackson. I will always rock his music.

Side: IMO, if he was still alive, he would be featured on majority of these new artists cuts!

All facts

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

cc6c4708709bb06b4962e5b75733daeb--mother-and-father-family-affair.jpg

B.I.G. with his mother and father, Voletta Wallace and Selwyn George Latore.

dasailr03

A Goddamn Sailor!
BGOL Investor
fuk all that bullshit. whether you call them rappers, mc's, flows, spit.. bars.. the best to do it? GM Caz, KRS One & Melle Mel! /thread.

WattDogs

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Y'all really need to stop the 2Pac shit.

Dude was a subpar MC & only got away with shit because he evoked emotions.

Take away that sing-songy shit & you got Milk D.

If Pac is a GOAT, then so is Eminem. Better than Pac in every aspect.

As for Jay, Jay is nice, I can't take that away from him. And he did slide into that spot when Biggie passed.

But best MC? Naaah, I can't see it. Best rapper, yeah, I can see that.

And I know this is about Biggie & Jay, but real talk...I've NEVER heard a wack verse from Rakim. EVER.

That's a hell of a standard. Even BDK, G. Rap, LL & KRS got some bullshit rhymes. But not Rakim.