Music Debate: Biggie is the Best Rapper but Jay Z is the Best MC (DJ Clark Kent)

Aww Skeet Skeet!

The antithesis of nonsense.
BGOL Investor
KRS One is the best emcee because of his content, live show and respect for the culture (bambatta issues removed)

Biggie (post 90) and Rakim (80-90) are the best rappers though imo.

Not being funny..but how is LL not in the conversation..
Also big daddy kane

Nas is in the top spot all-time for me
and he's still doing it at a high level

Short career for Big.

Talented nonetheless, but short career.

Redman >>>>> your favorite rapper

Its like cats read my mind. :cheers:

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Closest thing I could think of..

A typical missing my hommie I used to sling with song... Its cool and I like Biggie, but most of his songs catered from black males in the U.S. from the ages of 16-25, typical street shit, all that is cool and all but Pac often rapped about social issues or situations bigger than his life or just his hood.. Mind you they were about the same age and but even the biggest B.I.G fan has to admit that Pac was much more advanced for his age..

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Ain't nobody ever can come around here talking bad about Reggie Noble...

But I find it interesting we can never have a concise debate on bgol...

This is clearly a Jay v Biggie topic but it's like people are unable to discuss without dragging in others...

Which I guess prove how truly great both these artists are.

So the REAL question is

will we ever talk about any rappers from the last 10 years like that?

Drake Kendrick Cole Pusha migos Rick Ross meek mill nicki wale rocky Joey badass lil uzi vert jay electronica lil dickie action Bronson joel Ortiz battle rappers etc?
When you said best rapper you inadvertently involved everyone...

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member

This is clearly a Jay v Biggie topic but it's like people are unable to discuss without dragging in others...

So the REAL question is

Drake Kendrick Cole Pusha migos Rick Ross meek mill nicki wale rocky Joey badass lil uzi vert jay electronica lil dickie action Bronson joel Ortiz battle rappers etc?

It's impossible to even compare Jigga and Big, IMO. Biggie just doesn't have enough to go off of. We all know he is talented, but I can't measure a rapper based two albums. Jaru da Damaja had two classics as well. A lot of artist had two classics. Ready was killer, but to compare his style and work to Jigga is unfair.

And I doubt we can talk about these new artist the way we do with what we grew up on. Different time and different thinking.

So the REAL question is

Bruh Drake will move beyond rap as he should. You will speak on Drake in your wheel chair drinking sugar free punch.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
You sound like a blind lost stan right now. RedMan and Meth are cool. Red will never be better than Jay not in any lifetime. So in the words of Red I'll be dat.

"My first name must be fuck you because every time I come around niggas be like FUCK YOU!!!"

:lol:

I can't man. Redman is a monster on the mic. Jigga doesn't give me the same vibe. Jigga good, just not Redman good.

"My first name must be fuck you because every time I come around niggas be like FUCK YOU!!!"

:lol:

I can't man. Redman is a monster on the mic. Jigga doesn't give me the same vibe. Jigga good, just not Redman good.

U sound like a nas spirtiual food bullshit stan with that last statement. If red is a monster Jay would be his own advanced culture he cant be classifed 80 yrs from now.

A lot of things Jay said goes over average listers head. Fuck the essence and that other faux deep bullshit .
Talk that talk about the cars, clothes etc.

Bad Andy

No time for a 304
BGOL Investor
This Post is about Jay-Z & Biggie, nobodys talking about PAC, LL, Kane or KRS-One. Stick to the topic. People talking about LL yet Kool Moe Dee killed him and he never accepted Kool Moe Dees challenge. If you want to compare Tupac to Big lets talk about Pac's bloodline, Tupac owed it to his fans to be the most conscious rapper ever; yet he ran around with that Thuglife buffonery, Tupac was a actor who Souled out to Suge Knight its time people realized that.

Jay-Z and Big were street dudes who rapped about what they knew. Jay-Z was hustling hard before this rapshit, Lexus with the TV's and the Sega Genesis. If you want to talk about who was real and had substance, Jay & Big spoke the story of their life on the street. These were 2 similar rappers, even with Bigs short Discography its hard to say who was better because Jay-Z has quite a few solid records.

Teknique310

Rising Star
Registered
Remember how Biggie took over when he came out.. He changed the game. Puffy made him more pop. But Big was an emcee to 5th power. And he had love for real emcees in the game. Too bad they all were hating on him before he died. He even gave Jay mad props. But Jay followed his blueprint.

5stars.jpg

Teknique310

Rising Star
Registered
Cinematic.

All this song needed was 100 pages of dialog to become a feature motion picture.

Shit make me paranoid, thinking back.

Strapped at all times, the funerals, riding dirty, set up ho'z, hands sweating breaking down work, snitchez, jackerz, all while dodging law enforcement who are always tipped by someone you know.

The last thing it is, IS easy money.

The smell of sweat, blood, dirty money & the overall cost

ill shit. BIG was a cold nigga, all the death in his music was straight premonition. The same with Pac. Thats the dance, that you cant be afraid of...

Last edited:

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
you lost cred here

"Suicidal Thoughts"
Even though this song has less flossing than most of B.I.G. songs at the end of the day its still a song about a street guy (himself) who feels fucked up about the situation he is living in..
Hood rappers are either rapping about how they are boss, make money , how sad they are cause their hommie died or how they are ready to die... They never offer any words of wisdom how to solve the problems they are in let alone talk about solutions to problems we all face as blacks... Matter of fact other than saying the words black and ugly I rarely heard B.I.G. even mention the words Black or Black people.. To me he has very little political or social connections what so ever on his resume, so he is what he is...

Teknique310

Rising Star
Registered
you lost cred here

"Suicidal Thoughts"

Even more astounding as suicide rates rise among Black people over 20 years later.

I swear its muthafuckaz on this board that wallow in self pity as if they cant make a move in life for fear of white repercussions. Day, after day, of FEAR.

Teknique310

Rising Star
Registered
You dont drop a rhyme this dope unless you in the zone, feeling yourself. PERIOD.

BIG was riding a wave, that Jay Z got the" Blueprint" from after figuring out how to bottle this.

So hard, so smooth, so smart, so pimpish.

BIG

Teknique310

Rising Star
Registered
Even though this song has less flossing than most of B.I.G. songs at the end of the day its still a song about a street guy (himself) who feels fucked up about the situation he is living in..
Hood rappers are either rapping about how they are boss, make money , how sad they are cause their hommie died or how they are ready to die... They never offer any words of wisdom how to solve the problems they are in let alone talk about solutions to problems we all face as blacks... Matter of fact other than saying the words black and ugly I rarely heard B.I.G. even mention the words Black or Black people.. To me he has very little political or social connections what so ever on his resume, so he is what he is...

Stick to multi paragraph diatribes about extraordinary athletes that didnt need your advice to go pro. Sucka ass nigga.

http://www.bgol.us/forum/index.php?...inds-nearly-half-shot-in-back-unarmed.876644/

Last edited:

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
are we talking social worker or MC?
NONE of the criteria you listed is pertinent to judging an MC... lyrical content and dexterity, ingenuity / musicality of flow, breath and crowd control....

Tupac was a rapper and maybe an artist but never an MC
Biggie was never an artist (imo) but without a doubt an MC and rapper

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
are we talking social worker or MC?
NONE of the criteria you listed is pertinent to judging an MC... lyrical content and dexterity, ingenuity / musicality of flow, breath and crowd control....

Tupac was a rapper and maybe an artist but never an MC
Biggie was never an artist (imo) but without a doubt an MC and rapper
All I am saying is Pac was a more deeper rounded rapper...

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Stick to multi paragraph diatribes about extraordinary athletes that didnt need your advice to go pro. Sucka ass nigga.

http://www.bgol.us/forum/index.php?...inds-nearly-half-shot-in-back-unarmed.876644/
Ok you got me with this compelling argument, you got me Big is the more rounded rapper (ad hominem >>> any other type of logic) on that note allow me to not interfere with your opinion based argument which I am sure you have no problem going on and on about, getting all emotionally charged....
After all this is your lane....

Teknique310

Rising Star
Registered
Ok you got me with this compelling argument, you got me Big is the more rounded rapper (ad hominem >>> any other type of logic) on that note allow me to not interfere with your opinion based argument which I am sure you have no problem going on and on about, getting all emotionally charged....
After all this is your lane....

Nah, its got everything to do with commenting on a song about suicide. Talking about this song " has less flossing". You commenting on an image,not the song at hand. You talking out of your ass. Beer drivel.

Your literal interpretation of someones image, doesnt speak to the music produced.

But here you are talking about the music he didnt make for you! Yet you dont seem have actually have to listened to him.

Figure that out.

Last edited:

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
U sound like a nas spirtiual food bullshit stan with that last statement. If red is a monster Jay would be his own advanced culture he cant be classifed 80 yrs from now.

A lot of things Jay said goes over average listers head. Fuck the essence and that other faux deep bullshit .
Talk that talk about the cars, clothes etc.

Naw. Car and clothes is menial content. But honestly and all the way truthful, the rap debate shit is always subjective. Nobody in this thread is going to be to convince anyone else about the greatest of anything when it comes to rap.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Naw. Car and clothes is menial content. But honestly and all the way truthful, the rap debate shit is always subjective. Nobody in this thread is going to be to convince anyone else about the greatest of anything when it comes to rap.

The great thing is why I always give Big the crown?

I have NEVER heard a rapper or producer from any region or any generation say Biggie was wack.

And for only 2 albums and like Jay said Biggie was NEVER wack

EVER...

there are people with entire careers of wackness entire albums of wackness and some with decades in and NEVER had a hit record.

While brief ?

Redman will tell you Biggie was one of his favorites if not favorite MC

to me?

That says it all.

Again Biggie years later had an entire Coast against him, Ghost and Chef Nas Boot camp Jeru etc etc...

AND crowned not only King of NY (when that actually meant something) but universally while he was alive the best rapper

from the underground boardroom club radio and mall....

Biggie was the closest thing to Heavy D + Kool G Rap + Big Daddy Kane.

With only 2 albums?

If that don't say something I don't know what does.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Reggie Noble >>>

Funk Doctor spock >>>

Redman would light fire to any rapper out there. Past and present.

I refuse to engage in any serious rap debate that includes Redman because there are such things as absolute truths in Nature.

You reveal yourself a fool to dispute them.

Again Red will tell you Biggie the man...

btw why is Pun and Ghost never in these discussions?