NBA Offseason 2016 - FreeAgency money dried up...Waiters gets $2.6 after OKC pulled $6+ offer...

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Rising Star
Registered
How when Oladipo was benched in Orlando and couldnt even start there. After he was benched the team got better.

He was injured, came off the bench when he came back for like the last 10 games of the season. You say it like he was benched for bad play... You can revise the hell out of history bruh. :smh:

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
I hope Washington misses the playoffs again this year. Offering Noah that type of money especially coming off an injury the NBA needs another lock out. These owners man. What are they going to offer Beal injury prone ass.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-wizards/report-wizards-prepping-max-offer-joakim-noah

WIZARDS PREPPING MAX OFFER FOR JOAKIM NOAH

NBA free agency begins on July 1. The rumor mill isn't waiting around for another week before churning out buzz.

One story that surfaced Friday involved the Washington Wizards and upcoming free agent center Joakim Noah.

From the Sporting News:

According to sources, the Wiz are locked in on making a major offer to Joakim Noah. The Wizards are said to be willing to offer Noah, coming off shoulder surgery that KO’d him in January, a full maximum contract. His deal would start at $28 million and reach around $120 million over four seasons.

Yeah, it’ll be that kind of crazy money for the soon-to-be former Chicago Bull.

The Wizards are prepared to go all out for the 2014 NBA Defensive Player of the Year because they have glaring holes up front and already are anticipating having to win an intense bidding war.

Where to begin. Let's move past the need for head-scratching and start with the basketball need. Washington enters the free agency period with Marcin Gortat and Markieff Morris as its only big men. Beyond depth -- and the irony of replacing his long-time adversary, Nene -- Noah would provide the roster with a needed rim protector. Never a dynamic scorer, the 6-foot-11 Noah remains of the league's top passing centers. He's averaged at least 8.8 rebounds in each of the past seven seasons.

Now let's shift to production. Injuries limited Noah to 96 out of a possible 164 games over the past two seasons. In 29 games last season, he averaged a career-low 4.3 points with 8.8 rebounds and 1.0 blocks. Even if we excuse the drop in production because of his shoulder injury, we can't ignore the calendar. Noah turns 32 next season.

Which brings us to the contract rumor. Now, the salary cap rise league-wide is set to make this a truly unpredictable free agency period. All bets are off when it comes to projecting how much money stars or secondary players will command. So many teams have oodles of salary cap space open and there are just only so many players truly worth big money. Therefore it's probably not wise to dismiss any rumor for now. However...

Signing Noah to a max contract over four years would have the Wizards paying a 35-year-old center $30-32 million during the 2019-20 season. Let's be kind and say that seems incredibly steep for what may already be a declining asset. Based on recent production, that deal probably won't make financial sense in year one. Also, Washington is already paying Gortat, 32, around $38 million over the next three seasons. In this summer of financial crazy, offering Noah something in those terms, maybe even a little more could be justified.

It's easy to imagine the Wizards having sincere interest in the crafty big man whose winning style carried him to back-to-back NCAA Tournament titles at Florida and several successful seasons with the Bulls. Could a clear NBA title contender with a need at center, say Golden State, offer Noah a monster deal? Sure, but that's probably just for a year, two max.

Even if Noah checks out fine physically, his shot blocking numbers have dipped four straight seasons while the scoring and rebounding stats are down three in a row.

Liking the player is one thing. Buying the contract rumor is another. Many players will sign stunning contracts. Maybe Noah is one of them. If he does so with the Wizards based on the rumored terms, commence head-scratching.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/new...bucks-timberwolves/1g5h2xcr8ello1ct5ne29gn4m5

Wizards lead four-team race for Joakim Noah in NBA free agency, sources say

The summer of crazy spending in the NBA is only days away and it is likely to start in Washington. But we’re not talking about the Wizards’ pursuit of Kevin Durant, which most observers regard as slightly delusional.

According to sources, the Wiz are locked in on making a major offer to Joakim Noah. The Wizards are said to be willing to offer Noah, coming off shoulder surgery that KO’d him in January, a full maximum contract. His deal would start at $26.6 million and reach nearly $120 million over four seasons.

Yeah, it’ll be that kind of crazy money for the soon-to-be former Chicago Bull.

The Wizards are prepared to go all out for the 2014 NBA Defensive Player of the Year because they have glaring holes up front and already are anticipating having to win an intense bidding war.

Three other teams — the Knicks, Timberwolves and Bucks — are also planning to make substantial offers to Noah, who played only 29 games last season before suffering a shoulder injury. If the Bulls come calling, he probably won’t even take their call. He has no intentions of re-signing in Chicago and is ready to move on, according to a source.

The Wizards’ main competition when free agency starts July 1 will be from the Knicks. Newly acquired Derrick Rose is close to Noah and some observers see that putting Phil Jackson in the lead. The Knicks can also offer Noah a starting job, having sent Robin Lopez as part of the package to the Bulls in the Rose trade and creating a vacancy at center.

Noah has ties to New York — he spent most of his high school days at Brooklyn’s Poly Prep — and is said to want to come to the Big Apple. He’d be an automatic Garden favorite with his relentless hustle and fiery demeanor.

Money-wise, the Knicks will have around $30 million to spend on free agents. They’ll first try to get Durant, as much as they look like long shots, with Oklahoma City the favorites to retain the summer’s top free agent. If Durant moves, Golden State has the wherewithal and interest to bring him in as a significant upgrade over restricted FA Harrison Barnes, who fizzled in the Finals. The way the Warriors collapsed at the end of Game 7 against Cleveland in the Finals, there’s a need for Durant’s scoring, even for a team that won a record 73 games.

As for Noah, Jackson might not be willing to match Washington’s max-deal offer for a player who also had knee surgery in the 2014 offseason. But the Wizards can’t reinvest in Nene, approaching his 34th birthday and missing 133 games since 2011.

So this will be an intense competition. Several NBA GMs think that Noah could be more heavily recruited than the other top bigs who will go on the open market. Dwight Howard will scare away some teams with his character issues. He is said to want the Knicks, but more than they want him. Pau Gasol is a Jackson favorite who turned down a chance in 2014 to be reunited with his former Lakers coach and headed to Chicago instead. If Noah takes Washington’s max money, Jackson might have to turn to Gasol, who turns 36 on July 6.

“If teams are convinced Noah is healthy, he will get a max deal, and Washington is panicking because Nene is done and they didn’t make the playoffs last season,’’ said one GM. “They’ll overpay for Noah — they always do.’’

The Wiz are prepared to write some massive checks as the league’s salary cap explodes from $70 million this season to $94 million for 2016-17. They waited too long to get Bradley Beal at a reasonable price, so now they’ll have to overpay to retain their top free agent. Beal could command $22 million as a starting salary in a max deal, despite suffering from recurring stress injuries to his right fibula during his first four seasons.

If the Wiz do make an offer to Noah that more than doubles the five-year, $60 million that is about to expire, it could end Minnesota’s pursuit of one of Tom Thibodeau’s favorite players.

Thibodeau has Noah atop his free-agent board and hopes he can land the player who brought him leadership on and off the floor, along with his trademark high intensity. But even if a non-scoring threat like Noah finished fourth in the MVP in 2014 for Thibodeau, Minnesota probably isn’t willing to break the bank for a player who has missed 94 games in the last five seasons, including the final 43 last year.

Noah also has a big fan in Jason Kidd, who has soured on Greg Monroe, only one season into a deal that has two seasons to run. The Bucks tried to trade him in recent days, but the Celtics and other teams had no interest.

Kidd has told associates he thinks Noah’s toughness and experience will greatly help his young rising stars, Giannis Antetokounmpo and Jabari Parker. He’ll have to convince Noah, though, that he can be happy relocating to a small market.

The Bucks are looking to bounce back from a disastrous season after they made the playoffs in 2015. As Kidd sees it, Noah’s addition would be perfect as the Bucks try to live up to their “Own the Future’’ marketing campaign.

With what Noah is about to get, he’ll own the future, too.

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
we are about to see if phil jackson is serious about leading the knicks down a new path or will it be the same old knicks...i.e. overpaying fallen superstars (howard) or overpaying "second-tier" stars (noah)

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
@largebillsonlyplease word on the street is GS looking at Batum(easy upgrade over Barnes), Hortford and Whiteside(replaces Boguts)

Lmaooo bills you ninjas on the clock Bruh

on the clock for what?
lol
im not mad at batum. i don't want slow foot hortford. you'd be mad as hell if we got white side as well as the rest of the nba.

you can't clown me. i know steph draymond and klay gonna be there regardless that's a great starting point lol.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
...and he ended the season their best perimeter player, best defender and second leading scorer... and he started out of 72 games...so...
Averaging about 13 pts during the time frame you mentioned is not saying much. He can't finish around the rim, can't shoot and is overall a bad player.

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Rising Star
Registered
Averaging about 13 pts during the time frame you mentioned is not saying much. He can't finish around the rim, can't shoot and is overall a bad player.

He was averaging 13 ppg in december... he ended the season at 16, and the teams offense doesn't feature one player. The fact that you say he can't finish around the rim really ends this discussion... have a good day Dude...

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor
on the clock for what?
lol
im not mad at batum. i don't want slow foot hortford. you'd be mad as hell if we got white side as well as the rest of the nba.

you can't clown me. i know steph draymond and klay gonna be there regardless that's a great starting point lol.
I say on the clock to get Barnes the fuck up out of there :lol:

And yeah I'd be hotter than ham grease if y'all got Whiteside smh

Batum is def a good look if y'all don't get Durant

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I say on the clock to get Barnes the fuck up out of there :lol:

And yeah I'd be hotter than ham grease if y'all got Whiteside smh

Batum is def a good look if y'all don't get Durant

oh barnes played himself. if he had shown up he was going to get a max. now he bout to be in charlotte playing for the vet minimum.

and especially if there is a real chance to get kd (which im not sure there is) they gonna lock him out the facilities like steve fisher did to air mcnair

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
on the clock for what?
lol

I don't like whiteside on GS..dude was already complaining about his role and touches on Miami..why wouldn't he do the same in GS..I'm not sure about hortford now that i think about it
.i think he would be an upgrade offensively but a downgrade defensively...

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
I don't like whiteside on GS..dude was already complaining about his role and touches on Miami..why wouldn't he do the same in GS..I'm not sure about hortford now that i think about it

Yup...give Andy more time
He can defend, rebound and pass well for a big, scoring ain't a problem either

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend

no he wouldn't do the same. the touches are there based on ball movement alone. bogut is just not a reliable finisher that's why he didn't get as many passes. think ezili when he was healthy how many easy looks and alley oops he got just because you can't leave the shooters. couple that with the team being a willing passing team he can get 20 a night. that's the thing about the warriors. dudes didn't step up lol. steph is happy to defer if someone is on fire. klay is good with playing good defense if someone is on fire. draymond don't care about scoring 30 points but he will if he HAS to. it's the others that were not doing their part. there are so many MORE points to be had because you're guaranteed to get easy shots if steph and klay are on the court.
that's why i was so critical of barnes. he has it easy. 3rd best defender is on him single coverage every time he's in the starting line up and he's not killing fools.
white side would average probably a strong 18ppgg get a nice 12boards and like 2 blocks easy on the warriors and be happy cause itll be the easiest points he ever had.

now add in the fact that if he shows he can pass the ball he'll be at the top throwing the assists to the shooters and eventually get in on the pick and roll action with him and draymond which will get easy baskets or put backs

hortford is a slow foot non rebounding non shooting sketch 4.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
no he wouldn't do the same. the touches are there based on ball movement alone. bogut is just not a reliable finisher that's why he didn't get as many passes. think ezili when he was healthy how many easy looks and alley oops he got just because you can't leave the shooters. couple that with the team being a willing passing team he can get 20 a night. that's the thing about the warriors. dudes didn't step up lol. steph is happy to defer if someone is on fire. klay is good with playing good defense if someone is on fire. draymond don't care about scoring 30 points but he will if he HAS to. it's the others that were not doing their part. there are so many MORE points to be had because you're guaranteed to get easy shots if steph and klay are on the court.
that's why i was so critical of barnes. he has it easy. 3rd best defender is on him single coverage every time he's in the starting line up and he's not killing fools.
white side would average probably a strong 18ppgg get a nice 12boards and like 2 blocks easy on the warriors and be happy cause itll be the easiest points he ever had.

now add in the fact that if he shows he can pass the ball he'll be at the top throwing the assists to the shooters and eventually get in on the pick and roll action with him and draymond which will get easy baskets or put backs

hortford is a slow foot non rebounding non shooting sketch 4.
I feel u on hortford..if I'm GS i would rather have KD then whiteside..get KD and add another solid middle and it's all good