NBA Offseason 2016 - FreeAgency money dried up...Waiters gets $2.6 after OKC pulled $6+ offer...

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Which is why I wanted Ingram. We already have a four who can't shoot.

People compare him to Lebron, but to me he's a poor mans Blake, but without the superior athleticism. Blake was able to develop a midrange game. Early on he was able to get by on his athleticism, Simmons won't have that.

People sleep on Blake's dribbling and passing.

Blake held the Clippers down plenty of times when CP3 body was acting up.
Dude would run the offense for the 4 slot.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Lakers To Make Aggressive Push For Hassan Whiteside
June 25th, 2016 at 1:59pm CST • By Eddie Scarito
The Lakers plan to make a strong push this offseason to sign unrestricted free agentHassan Whiteside, Marc Stein of ESPN.com relays. While Los Angeles is still hopeful to land a face-to-face meeting withKevin Durant when the free agent signing period commences, it is said to be highly intrigued by Whiteside’s nightly double-double potential, Stein adds.

With the Lakers seeking rim protection and perimeter shooting in the free agent market this summer, league sources inform Stein that Whiteside is now a “priority target” for the team. Of course, the Lakers won’t be the only team lining up to make a pitch to the 27-year-old. The Heat would certainly like to re-sign the big man, but cap flexibility is an issue in Miami and could prevent the two sides from working out an acceptable agreement. The Heat have only early Bird rights on Whiteside, meaning they must use cap space to sign him for more than the league average salary and cannot offer a fifth year on his deal. A maximum contract for Whiteside would be a projected $94.8MM over four years, as Stein notes.

The Mavericks are also reportedlyprioritizing Whiteside, the Celtics have been mentioned as potential suitors and one would think the Knicks would get involved in the bidding given their cap space and major hole at the pivot after shipping out Robin Lopez in the deal to acquire Derrick Rose from the Bulls.

In 73 appearances this season for the Heat, Whiteside averaged 14.2 points, 11.8 rebounds and 3.7 blocks in 29.1 minutes per outing. His shooting line was .606/.000/.650.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Pistons Shopping Jodie Meeks
June 24th, 2016 at 8:10pm CST • By Chris Crouse

The Pistons are continuing to shop Jodie Meeks in an attempt to find him a new team, sources tell Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical (Twitter link). Keith Langlois of NBA.com reported last month that odds were 50-50 whether the team was going to keep the shooting guard on the roster.

Adding Meeks was one of Stan Van Gundy’sfirst moves as the team’s president of basketball operations during the 2014 offseason, but the signing just hasn’t worked out. The Kentucky product has missed 101 regular season games due to various injuries since coming to Detroit.

In the 63 games that Meeks was able to play, he averaged 10.9 points and 0.9 steals per game while shooting 35.3% from downtown. Meeks’ availability on the trade market is likely due to a combination of his lack of durability, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope‘s emergence as a legitimate two-way player, and Van Gundy’s propensity to play shorter rotations. The 28-year-old has one season and $6.54MM left on his contract.

Mack1052

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Lakers plan to make a strong push this offseason to sign unrestricted free agentHassan Whiteside, Marc Stein of ESPN.com relays. While Los Angeles is still hopeful to land a face-to-face meeting withKevin Durant when the free agent signing period commences, it is said to be highly intrigued by Whiteside’s nightly double-double potential, Stein adds.

With the Lakers seeking rim protection and perimeter shooting in the free agent market this summer, league sources inform Stein that Whiteside is now a “priority target” for the team. Of course, the Lakers won’t be the only team lining up to make a pitch to the 27-year-old. The Heat would certainly like to re-sign the big man, but cap flexibility is an issue in Miami and could prevent the two sides from working out an acceptable agreement. The Heat have only early Bird rights on Whiteside, meaning they must use cap space to sign him for more than the league average salary and cannot offer a fifth year on his deal. A maximum contract for Whiteside would be a projected $94.8MM over four years, as Stein notes.

The Mavericks are also reportedlyprioritizing Whiteside, the Celtics have been mentioned as potential suitors and one would think the Knicks would get involved in the bidding given their cap space and major hole at the pivot after shipping out Robin Lopez in the deal to acquire Derrick Rose from the Bulls.

In 73 appearances this season for the Heat, Whiteside averaged 14.2 points, 11.8 rebounds and 3.7 blocks in 29.1 minutes per outing. His shooting line was .606/.000/.650.

Whiteside would work well for the Lakers.

Anybody watch Indiana basketball over the last few seasons? How's Yogi Ferrell's game? He just signed with the Nets

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

He fits there

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Been think he'd resign for one year with player option and see what happens next year...

The Thunder remain the frontrunners to re-sign Durant, likely on a one-plus-one-year deal that will allow Durant to return to free agency in the summer of 2017, league sources said. But more than any other rival suitor, the Warriors have Durant’s attention

A one year deal(two year with player option) gives him the most money. Because it gives him ten year bird rights.

Yes he gets the most money if he signs a 1 and 1..but hasn't he and his camp already said he doesn't want to do that? He like the stability instead? His definitely not signing a long term deal worth okc though..i think him entertaining offers means he wants to bounce..he just trying to figure out where to go..i just feel like if he was staying he would just say he's staying

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Yes he gets the most money if he signs a 1 and 1..but hasn't he and his camp already said he doesn't want to do that? He like the stability instead? His definitely not signing a long term deal worth okc though..i think him entertaining offers means he wants to bounce..he just trying to figure out where to go..i just feel like if he was staying he would just say he's staying

Yea could be...

I'm trying to figure what the best option for him...I'm kinda puzzled

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member

What do u think about this

Royce Young ‏@royceyoung Jun 23
If Durant stays, the Thunder are obviously loaded. But even if not... Westbrook, Oladipo, Adams, Payne, Kanter. Still not a bad team.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What do u think about this

Royce Young ‏@royceyoung Jun 23
If Durant stays, the Thunder are obviously loaded. But even if not... Westbrook, Oladipo, Adams, Payne, Kanter. Still not a bad team.
I like there team..i think there bigs are solid but not great..i don't think their bigs are better on the offensive end..I'm not sure what to think about oladipo..not sure why Orlando would trade him..

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
I like there team..i think there bigs are solid but not great..i don't think their bigs are better on the offensive end..I'm not sure what to think about oladipo..not sure why Orlando would trade him..

Yea I like the make up of the squad with or without KD....we know Westbrook is a dawg with or without KD

LegendOfLedo

Slayer and Lord of Mid West Heaux
BGOL Investor

:lol:

According to Ben Simmons, the pair Facetimed on Thursday night after the draft, during a party for Simmons with friends and family. During the conversation, Simmons told LeBron that couldn’t wait to face the NBA legend on the court, a bold proclamation for a player who is yet to play a single minute in the NBA. “I told him that I look forward to finally matching up against him,” Ben Simmons said. Dan Patrick laughed and asked Ben Simmons how LeBron James responded to that. Apparently James had to remind the youngin’ just who he was talking to. “He just flipped the camera [around] and it was the championship trophy,” Simmons said. “So I couldn’t say anything back.”
– via businessinsider.com

:lol::lol::lol:

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yea I like the make up of the squad with or without KD....we know Westbrook is a dawg with or without KD
True true..i just don't understand why Orlando would give up on a promising young guard unless he's not promising..but if okc don't keep KD, i think they will lose russ also...

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
True true..i just don't understand why Orlando would give up on a promising young guard unless he's not promising..but if okc don't keep KD, i think they will lose russ also...

Man if Russ did leave if like to see him with the bucks...that team would be fucking hell, with a little improvement in the overall shooting department

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

Every free agent entertains offers besides Tim Duncan

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man if Russ did leave if like to see him with the bucks...that team would be fucking hell, with a little improvement in the overall shooting department
Nah they already have too many players that need the ball..maybe new Orleans?

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Dirk didn't..lbj didn't last year..most high level players don't unless they seriously thinking about leaving..where there is smoke.........

I was being sarcastic

Dirk and Tim are the same type of players. Lebron wasn't going to leave after a year.

Almost every player entertains offers when they become unrestricted free agents....yet most still stay with the same team. There is no correlation between entertaining offers and leaving...other than you have to entertain offers to leave.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Nah they already have too many players that need the ball..maybe new Orleans?

New Orleans don't defend and play hard. Them fuckers stay hurt.
The Bucks would be a Fucking handle full. Dude energy would probably have them top four - five in the east.

Toronto
Cavs
Bucks
Heat
Celtics

*no special order

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I was being sarcastic

Dirk and Tim are the same type of players. Lebron wasn't going to leave after a year.

Almost every player entertains offers when they become unrestricted free agents....yet most still stay with the same team. There is no correlation between entertaining offers and leaving...other than you have to entertain offers to leave.
I feel ya..my pointis if he's staying why entertain?he's would get what ever he asked for anyways from okc..he doesn't have to play okc against another team, they will do whatever to keep him..now playing other teams against each other i get that..but then why do that unless you leaving..

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
New Orleans don't defend and play hard. Them fuckers stay hurt.
The Bucks would be a Fucking handle full. Dude energy would probably have them top four - five in the east.

Toronto
Cavs
Bucks
Heat
Celtics

*no special order
I can see that..i guess i was thinking new Orleans because ad needs someone like russ..

ShadyPat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

something must have happened with that magic trade..did Victor ask to be traded and they now included an extra pick...Shit okc should have given Magic an extra pick..Ibaka is not that good anymore...Victor is better now.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He is a SG who can't shoot and does not get others involved. Then you add his troubles of finishing at the rim it is not secret to why Orlando got rid of him.

He is another player who can jump and athletic but do nothing else.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Only cats in that photo who fits what GS is doing is Batum and Noah

True but don't underestimate Evans turner pros while looking at his cons...

I think either GS or the Cavs will scoop him up.
He'd probably fit better with the Cavs as another player make and ball handler.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Damn what a start, first going to the sixers, not this

NBA No. 1 draft pick Ben Simmons’ cousin killed in New Jersey hit-and-run

Associated Press

Jun 26, 2016, 8:00 AM

HOBOKEN, N.J. (AP) — Family members say the cousin of Ben Simmons, who was picked first by the Philadelphia 76ers in the NBA draft, has died after being struck by a car in a New Jersey neighborhood.

Twenty-one-year-old Zachary Simmons died after being struck early Saturday while crossing a street in Hoboken. Authorities say the sport utility vehicle that struck the Ramsey man fled the scene.

The victim’s mother, Monique Steele, told WCBS-TV her son had gone with Simmons to the NBA draft earlier in the week. She said he was walking back from a friend’s birthday party when he was struck and killed.

Ben Simmons posted this photo Saturday night on Twitter:

Police were still searching for the fleeing vehicle Saturday night.

Our thoughts are with the Simmons family.

Mack1052

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Damn what a start, first going to the sixers, not this

NBA No. 1 draft pick Ben Simmons’ cousin killed in New Jersey hit-and-run

Associated Press

Jun 26, 2016, 8:00 AM

HOBOKEN, N.J. (AP) — Family members say the cousin of Ben Simmons, who was picked first by the Philadelphia 76ers in the NBA draft, has died after being struck by a car in a New Jersey neighborhood.

Twenty-one-year-old Zachary Simmons died after being struck early Saturday while crossing a street in Hoboken. Authorities say the sport utility vehicle that struck the Ramsey man fled the scene.

The victim’s mother, Monique Steele, told WCBS-TV her son had gone with Simmons to the NBA draft earlier in the week. She said he was walking back from a friend’s birthday party when he was struck and killed.

Ben Simmons posted this photo Saturday night on Twitter:

Police were still searching for the fleeing vehicle Saturday night.

Our thoughts are with the Simmons family.

Damn. RIP to the young man. Prayers out to the Simmons family