NBA Offseason 2016 - FreeAgency money dried up...Waiters gets $2.6 after OKC pulled $6+ offer...

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor
word fuck pat riley...saw some BS article recently about how he engineered the coming of LBJ and bosh...fuck. outta. here.

That nigga better not fuck this FA season up that all I know smh

Reactions: LSN

D-TOWN REP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
word fuck pat riley...saw some BS article recently about how he engineered the coming of LBJ and bosh...fuck. outta. here.

Man they better GTFOH

The players made the decision to come together Riley just gladly accepted

He gets credit for the roster moves and shit like that but as far as the big 3 he gets no daps for that

cant blame d wade.....he's took less than his value for like three years for the heat, so has haslem. then he'll sho get less if kd came there. time to pay up pat.

Yeah they be trying to Nickel and dime that man

He is the face of the franchise period

Reactions: LSN

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Agent: LeBron James elects to opt out of $24M player option
Finals MVP LeBron James will not exercise his player option with the Cleveland Cavaliersfor the 2016-17 season, according to his agent, Rich Paul.

James, who had to inform the Cavs of his decision by Wednesday at midnight, will become a free agent July 1 for the third straight summer. He was slated to earn $24 million next season.

Though he has opted out, James can re-sign with the Cavaliers and said last week he has no intentions of leaving Cleveland again.

"I love it here in Cleveland. I have no intentions of leaving," James told ESPN's Dave McMenamin during the Cavaliers' championship parade. "There are some technicalities to take care of I'll leave up to my agent. That's right from the horse's mouth."

On Tuesday night, however, Paul gave no insight into what type of contract his client would eventually sign with the Cavs or what the timetable is for his expected return to Cleveland.

James, who turns 32 at the end of December, completed the second season of his return to Cleveland by leading the Cavaliers to an NBA title. He was unanimously voted MVP of the Finals after averaging 29.7 points, 11.3 rebounds and 8.9 assists with an effective field goal percentage of 53.3. He became the third player to record a triple-double in Game 7 of the Finals, joining Jerry West in 1969 andJames Worthy in '88.

"Best player on the planet," Cavs teammateKyrie Irving said afterward.

James previously won consecutive Finals MVPs in 2012 and '13, when he won his first two titles with the Miami Heat.

During the 2015-16 regular season, James averaged 25.3 points for the second straight season but also 7.4 rebounds and 6.8 assists.

Despite a coaching change that saw Tyronn Lue replace David Blatt during the season, the Cavs finished with the best record in the East and lost just two games en route to claiming the conference championship and earning a rematch with the Warriors in the Finals.

During that run, James appeared to enjoy seeing the growth of the Cavaliers' Big Three, comprising himself, Irving and Kevin Love.

Now with teams set to spend with the salary cap rising to a reported $94 million, James dips his Nikes back into a free agency pool that includes Kevin Durant. And again, James will have a major impact on the balance of power in the NBA and could sign a deal that would give him a max salary of roughly $30 million.

If James takes another one-year contract from the Cavs, he would make $27.5 million for next season. This is because the Cavs don't have salary-cap space and don't have James' full Bird rights, which limits the size of the raise he can get.

He certainly will be looking to maximize his best chance to win a championship.

While the Cavaliers have Love, Irving andTristan Thompson under long-term contracts, role players Richard Jefferson and Timofey Mozgov are unrestricted free agents, and J.R. Smith exercised an option to become a free agent. Matthew Dellavedova is a restricted free agent.

James said during the Finals that he and the Cavaliers have learned quite a bit during their second stint together.

"I don't think anyone was prepared for me returning and understanding what the situation was going to entail," James said when asked how prepared Irving was for his role to change with James back in the fold two years ago. "I mean, that's everyone here. You know, they had gone through some losing seasons in my previous stint before I came back, so they knew they were getting a pretty good basketball player and a great leader and a good person, and someone that was going to command excellence.

"But I don't know if they understood the day-to-day process of being in this situation was going to entail," James said. "So it's been a learning experience for everyone that's been a part of it to this point, and including myself. I've actually learned some things as well about the guys and about how to be patient with younger guys and things of that nature. But if I could look at the first day I returned to now, our floor general, Kyrie, has become such a great leader."

D-TOWN REP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I can see that

In his market Conley will probably get the max and while he is a good player he isn't worth that especially to the Spurs who haven't always been big spenders but have spent recently

They might have another plan to replace Parker

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
You forgot JR Smith a FA right? Wade going to the Cavs like I called it :angry:
Wade on the Cavs will be a big mistake.. Wade is a great player, and I am not taking nothing away from his skills, but his style of play goes against everything the Cavs are about... Wade depends too much on iso plays to get his shot,and the Cavs are about LeBron being the magnet on offense and kicking the ball out to the open guy for the catch and shoot or drive to the basket..
They also have Irving who also is a iso guy, so having two guys doing the same thing doesn't serve much of a purpose... What they need is to resign JR and perhaps get another big man if they lose Mozgov.. Also if Jefferson leave they need to find someone to take his place, most likely someone like Crawford..

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
I think the Spurs need a athletic rim protector more so than bringing in Pau. The Spurs can get by with Parker during the season but he's going to get roasted during the playoffs. Parker is probably best suited as a bench 6 man player now in his career. Now that the Spurs big 3 are nearing retirement they've started to look at acquiring key free agents.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Leaving indiana was rhe dunbest thing he ever did
I told cats this 2 years ago.... They told me he did the right thing tho...
Lance a dam fool for leaving 20mill on the table. He aint Bron. Someone needs to tell him that. His first payday (can potentially be his last) and he gambles and leaves 20 on the table. :smh:

Shoulda stayed in Indy and got the 5 year with player option after 3 if he wanted to gamble.
http://www.bgol.us/forum/index.php?...starts-7-1-12am.800997/page-200#post-14549897

ShadyPat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dwight howard to meet with the Celtics and hawks:rolleyes::rolleyes:..I can't be mad this dude can still rebound and block shots, he didn't get the ball in houston, oh well he is trash on the offensive end.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Wade on the Cavs will be a big mistake.. Wade is a great player, and I am not taking nothing away from his skills, but his style of play goes against everything the Cavs are about... Wade depends too much on iso plays to get his shot,and the Cavs are about LeBron being the magnet on offense and kicking the ball out to the open guy for the catch and shoot or drive to the basket..
They also have Irving who also is a iso guy, so having two guys doing the same thing doesn't serve much of a purpose... What they need is to resign JR and perhaps get another big man if they lose Mozgov.. Also if Jefferson leave they need to find someone to take his place, most likely someone like Crawford..

True but the only problem is your idea of Crawford replacing Jefferson. Two totally different situations. Jamal could replace smiths offense but probably slack on the defensive end.

Finding Jefferson's replacement if he's resigned probably be hard a that price

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Trey Burke Made Available In Trade Talks By Jazz
JUN 29, 2016 11:06 AM

Burke_Trey_uta_131216.jpg

The Utah Jazz have made Trey Burke available in trade talks.

The Jazz traded for George Hill last week and also have Dante Exum returning this season from a torn ACL.

Burke was the 9th overall pick in the 2013 NBA Draft.

Burke averaged 10.6 points, 1.8 rebounds and 2.3 assists in 21.3 minutes per game last season with a career best 14.0 PER and .507 True Shooting Percentage.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Nets, Kings, 76ers Interested In Allen Crabbe

JUN 29, 2016 1:02 AM

Allen Crabbe is expected to receive interest in free agency from the Philadelphia 76ers, Brooklyn Nets and Sacramento Kings.

The Portland Trail Blazers own Crabbe's matching rights and they are interested in re-signing him.

Crabbe was the 31st overall pick in the 2013 NBA Draft out of Cal.

Crabbe had a breakout 15-16 season, scoring 14.2 points per 36 minutes with a True Shooting Percentage of .572 in 26.0 minutes per game.