NBA Offseason 2016 - FreeAgency money dried up...Waiters gets $2.6 after OKC pulled $6+ offer...

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Woj on West: “And then David West, going into this year, people around David West said this was going to be his last year and I remember talking to him in the preseason about that in going down to San Antonio and he thought, like, ‘could be.’ And I think now he enjoyed that year so much in San Antonio, he’s a free agent – of course they’d want to keep him. I’ll say this about David West – whenever he decides to retire, he will be the most sought after front office executive in the league. Everybody in the league wants to get David West in their front office. He’s going to be a GM someday, if that’s what he wants to do, but boy, I know like it will be hard to pluck him out, once he’s gotten into San Antonio, I would be shocked if he doesn’t have the opportunity to get in their front office, but I know other organizations would love to get him. The league office, David West – he’s everything you want in a player, a leader, a great thinker, a high character guy, and the Spurs loved having him and they really hope he plays another year.”
49 mins ago – via ProjectSpurs.com

ShadyPat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Man I felt there were minutes he could've got some run...

I like his attacking abilities

The Cleveland Cavaliers will exercise their 2016-17 team option on guard Jordan McRae, league sources informed cleveland.com. McRae’s salary will be at a shade under $1 million, but it’s not fully guaranteed. The organization faced a deadline of June 29 to either allow the 25-year-old guard to walk in free agency this offseason or pick up his option.
49 mins ago

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Richard Jefferson not retiring
wpid-i_63_fb_70_182597207.jpg

Chris Mannix: Not only is Richard Jefferson not retiring, he’s looking to play 2-3 more years, sources told @TheVertical. RJ coming off strong year in CLE
2 hours ago

ShadyPat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Woj on West: “And then David West, going into this year, people around David West said this was going to be his last year and I remember talking to him in the preseason about that in going down to San Antonio and he thought, like, ‘could be.’ And I think now he enjoyed that year so much in San Antonio, he’s a free agent – of course they’d want to keep him. I’ll say this about David West – whenever he decides to retire, he will be the most sought after front office executive in the league. Everybody in the league wants to get David West in their front office. He’s going to be a GM someday, if that’s what he wants to do, but boy, I know like it will be hard to pluck him out, once he’s gotten into San Antonio, I would be shocked if he doesn’t have the opportunity to get in their front office, but I know other organizations would love to get him. The league office, David West – he’s everything you want in a player, a leader, a great thinker, a high character guy, and the Spurs loved having him and they really hope he plays another year.”
49 mins ago – via ProjectSpurs.com

would love to have a vet like him in boston..he's lost a step though..dude used to be a monster..I never knew he was such a high character guy..

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Ian Begley: The Knicks are interested in Joakim Noah, but he isn’t the only big man on their radar. Another center some in the Knicks organization are high on is Timofey Mozgov, per league sources. The interest between Noah and the Knicks is strong and mutual. But Mozgov, an ex-Knick, provides an interesting alternative. With Carmelo Anthony, Derrick Rose and Kristaps Porzingis on the roster, the Knicks probably won’t need a high-scoring center. Mozgov doesn’t need touches and would provide mobile rim protection and rebounding. He also compares favorably to Noah in some categories (age: Mozgov is 29, Noah is 31; recent health: Noah was limited to 29 games last season due to a left shoulder injury).
3 hours ago – via ESPN.com

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
is he going back to cavs..he better stay those short mins, fit his style of play....dude still goes hard at 35 and now what it takes to win in the playoffs.

Short minutes man Jeff could've started every game of the season...

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Jamal Crawford, who does have a meeting scheduled with the Clippers, is also drawing interest from a number of teams in search of a scoring guard. Crawford is expected to receive interest from the New York Knicks, the Miami Heat, the Toronto Raptors, the Dallas Mavericks, the Orlando Magic and the Brooklyn Nets in addition to the Clippers.

“I definitely have to keep an open mind and see what’s out there,” Crawford said. “That’s why you’re in this position. My preference, like I’ve said from the get go, is to go back to the Clippers. But, I’m definitely very, very open-minded about the whole free-agency process.”

“It doesn’t have to be a team that’s a contender. I don’t want to go to a team that’s only won a few amount of games, but it doesn’t have to be a contender,” he said. “At the end of the day, only one team wins. You want to put yourself in the best position to try and win.”

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Watch the Cavs pick this fool up...that would be funny...

i_76_55_07_gettyimages-490145610.png

The Memphis Grizzlies are declining guard Lance Stephenson’s $9.4 million team option for next season, league sources told The Vertical. The Grizzlies declined the option in order to keep as much cap space as possible, sources said, as they hope to retain point guard Mike Conley, who is an unrestricted free agent after nine seasons with the Grizzlies.
19 hours

Stephenson, 25, will aso become an unrestricted free agent. There remains interest in a possible return to the Grizzlies as well as interest from other organizations, sources said. Stephenson showed with Memphis that he can have an impact as a playmaker and source of energy.
19 hours ago

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
It makes sense for Durant to sign a two-year deal with an option after this season to pave the way to free agency next summer, at which time he will be a 10-year veteran and eligible to sign for a higher starting salary. There’s also an expected bump up in the salary cap next year, also adding to Durant’s payday. As a source who knows Durant told Sporting News recently, that’s not really the preference of Durant, who is, the source said, “not the kind of guy who wants to fiddle around in free agency and sort of play the system that way.” Durant is no fan of free agency. In 2010, when Durant signed the five-year contract extension that is currently expiring, he had the chance to insert an option year, which would have allowed him to opt out, hit free agency and secure a pay raise last summer. Durant declined to do so, though.
1 hour ago – via Sporting News

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator

As a Laker fan i'll rather have Whiteside. I'm not sold on Randle long term. If Randle can become a stretch 4 then he'll be valuable on offense.