NBA Season is Returning This Year!!!!!!!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Carmelo Anthony passes Hakeem Olajuwon for 11th on NBA's all-time scoring list

Portland's Carmelo Anthony moved into 11th place on the NBA's all-time scoring list, passing Hall-of-Famer Hakeem Olajuwon by hitting a pull-up jumper with 9 minutes, 46 seconds left in the fourth quarter of the Trail Blazers' 125-121 win over the Minnesota Timberwolves on Saturday night.
Olajuwon, a two-time NBA champion and 12-time All-Star with the Houston Rockets, ended his career with 26,946 points.

"We all know what Hakeem did for the game," Anthony said during an on-court inteview. "The mark he left on this game is well beyond precedent."
Anthony finished with 26 points for Portland as took over the game down the stretch. He hit a key baseline jumper and a pair of 3-pointers, and Anfernee Simons also hit two 3s to give Portland a 109-103 lead.

With the game winding down, Anthony then hit a step-back jumper to put the Blazers up 118-115, and with the Wolves still trailing by three, the 17-year veteran found Derrick Jones Jr. alone under the hoop for a dunk that sunk Minnesota's comeback hopes.
"I'm just happy to be here," Anthony said. "I'm still here is all that matters. I'm able to continue to play. I'm still here and I'm still climbing."

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
James Harden passes Larry Bird on NBA's all-time scoring list, posts a triple-double in Brookyn Nets' win

NEW YORK -- James Harden has passed Larry Bird on the NBA's all-time scoring list and now sits at 34th overall. Harden reached the milestone by scoring 24 points on Saturday night in the Brooklyn Nets' 100-95 win over the Detroit Pistons.

"We all know how good Larry was and the things he did in Boston," Harden said. "A legend. And I think I just play the game the right way, and hopefully good things happen for me passing one of the greatest ever to play basketball is a great honor."
Harden now has 21,792 points, one more than Bird.

Harden also had 10 rebounds, 10 assists and three blocks to go with his 24 points Saturday. It was the ninth triple-double Harden has recorded since joining the Nets in mid-January. It is tied for the third-most triple-doubles recorded by a player in a single season across the Nets' franchise, according to ESPN's Stats & Information research.

James Harden shows his surprise at the postgame news conference when informed that he passed Larry Bird on the all-time scoring list.
It is also the fourth most by a player in his first season with a team, according to Elias Sports Bureau data.

Harden scored the final 10 points of Saturday's win for Brooklyn -- tying his second-most clutch-time points. With the win over Detroit, the Nets improved to 8-1 when Harden records a triple-double, and he can move past Gary Payton (21,813 points) and secure the 33rd overall place by scoring his next 22 points.

"I just got to continue to build, because at the end of the day, I want my name to be mentioned with those greats," Harden said.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor

Yup. Just an all around great athlete

9iTn7A.jpg

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

Portland's Carmelo Anthony moved into 11th place on the NBA's all-time scoring list, passing Hall-of-Famer Hakeem Olajuwon by hitting a pull-up jumper with 9 minutes, 46 seconds left in the fourth quarter of the Trail Blazers' 125-121 win over the Minnesota Timberwolves on Saturday night.
Olajuwon, a two-time NBA champion and 12-time All-Star with the Houston Rockets, ended his career with 26,946 points.

"We all know what Hakeem did for the game," Anthony said during an on-court inteview. "The mark he left on this game is well beyond precedent."
Anthony finished with 26 points for Portland as took over the game down the stretch. He hit a key baseline jumper and a pair of 3-pointers, and Anfernee Simons also hit two 3s to give Portland a 109-103 lead.

With the game winding down, Anthony then hit a step-back jumper to put the Blazers up 118-115, and with the Wolves still trailing by three, the 17-year veteran found Derrick Jones Jr. alone under the hoop for a dunk that sunk Minnesota's comeback hopes.
"I'm just happy to be here," Anthony said. "I'm still here is all that matters. I'm able to continue to play. I'm still here and I'm still climbing."

He wouldn't be able to defend, but Melo could get NBA buckets at 50

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor

Classy response from Lin. I'm not sure wtf K-Mart is thinking. I get that he isn't in the league so he doesn't have to play by their rules and politics anymore. But huh .... ain't his son currently fighting for a spot on the Rockets.

K-Mart Jr. ain't average nearly enough for his pops to be publicly fucking up this hard.

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
Thoughts?

My opinion of Simmons is well documented in this thread, but calling him overrated is a bit much. Just on defense alone, Simmons is top 5-10 at his position in the league. I just wish he could help space the floor since that's the current direction of the game. And a lot of guys on our squad can't create their own shots. Looking at you Danny

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Classy response from Lin. I'm not sure wtf K-Mart is thinking. I get that he isn't in the league so he doesn't have to play by their rules and politics anymore. But huh .... ain't his son currently fighting for a spot on the Rockets.

K-Mart Jr. ain't average nearly enough for his pops to be publicly fucking up this hard.
The quote is probably about 5 years old now. But Kenyon has always been an idiot either way.

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Both have a point and are correct. Lin hit harder and made his point more effectively.

KMart is grown, that tough guy shit, in public is played. Asians wearing locks is ridiculous, but so is Black women with blonde hair and straight hair stolen from little indian girls :lol:

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

That incident is damn near 4 years old, not sure why it was brought up or posted? :confused:

Regardless, K-Mart was out of line for that comment.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I can tell you before it happens then you can clown me and then it happens

You know who contributed the most in this game from the 2nd unit?

Wiseman 23 minutes 16 points
Poole played 22 minutes 18 points

Young players
Against the "Jazz'
Game wasn't even close
They didn't do the thing where the 2nd unit comes in with a lead and ends with a huge deficit
That's literally all you need. You have a lead don't get destroyed

They couldn't stop Wiseman and Steph pick and roll
And Poole played closing minutes
Listen to me now or believe me later on

I'm out.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I rarely if ever do the highlight thing but this is why I laugh when I hear "Just a shooter"
His handles and passing have always been elite. His shooting just gets the coverage.

This ain't making a highlight reel because of who he is
But he made Donovan Mitchell fall on the play then turned Gobert around only to do this for a 3

Let's talk about it.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Damn Cleveland... Was he THAT bad?

Nobody questioned his talent but when you disrespect teammates, staff,the coach and the GM it's going to get you traded...Hell,the organization was going to built the team around him before the two incidents before the season. They were willing to let most of the bullshit slid before he called the GM a slave master and threw food at him. Calling a black man a slave master will get you cut or traded quick..

Dont get too happy though because it's only been a couple of games with him.

I do wish things would have worked out though. Outside of Sexton and Allen everyone else is scared to shoot the ball.

Last edited:

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor

When you know Finals MVP and championship is out of the question, you prioritize individual regular season awards. The impact of LeBron coming West is still being felt. :yes:

"Smile Canon for all the nice white folks and Team Light Skin members that will root for you to beat LeBron's kids 20 years from now"

:lol: